Author Topic: Sadhana Tips  (Read 19420 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Sadhana Tips
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »
when we are troubled by any Vasana, just wait it out, not even try to solve it, and surely not to succumb to it. When the water is hot, we cannot drink it or even touch the vessel, if we leave it out, allowing it to cool down, in some time, it will cool down. That is the nature of heat - Ushnam, Vasanas.

an being cautious to not allowing to heat again, ie, not going near temptations, striving to remain in that cool state always.

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
Its a good practice to develop the habit of washing ones limbs and face before we enter our home, whenever we go out of the house! Water releases the various effects of energies that may have got attracted while we were on the move, therefore washing the face and limbs with water is a very good practice, that help in avoiding in appropriate vAsanAs that may be striving to take birth because.

Simple habits, very effective!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
Great advices Friends! And mine would be(even,its not mine,but collected from Wise Ones,and was helpful to me), Follow your path,whatever it is. If its devotion,love and praise God in a way you feel to,if its Selfinquiry,trace that sense and knowledge of I,watch your self. With trying we will succeed for sure. Try and try,but dont force too much. Be clear and honest with your self and where you stand,and give all to God. Follow your heart and intuition,and dont be affraid to be happy. Live and enjoy life,only watchfully,with awareness. Jump into unknown,be brave,and live all suport. Trust life and trust God,even if people take advantige of you. God will give you a houndred times more. With love and prayers,

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
Give presence to your pUjA altar or pUjA room by being there for some time consciously. Look into the pictures of all Gods intently, look into the eyes of all the Gods for some moments. Look at the form of the Gods. No need to interpret in terms of essence or jnyAnA, just look. Spend some quiet time with the Gods.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan did not discourage doing puja or even merely sitting in front of God's photos. I personally prefer to see one
God's photo. Sri Bhagavan says that the same god with form and name will be experienced as formless Self within in due course
and with constant practice.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 07:29:39 AM »
The mind cannot dwell on God if it is immersed day and night in worldliness, in worldly duties and responsibilities; it is most necessary to go into solitude now and then and think of God. To fix the mind on God is very difficult, in the beginning, unless one practices meditation in solitude.

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »
physically whether one is amongst people or alone does not matter.

For some, it may matter, for some it may not matter. each suits oneself.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
Nagaraj/Friends,
Sri Ramakrishna has said something that is to be practised.No point arguing whether phyiscal solitude is helpful or not.I will post in the Rough-Notebook thread regarding this.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »
udai,
A devotee will do as he has been advised by the Guru.He is not going to reason and argue about it.Sri Ramakrishna definitely advised Physical solitude for devotees.He who practises will realize the benefit.
Namaskar

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »
Udai,

You seem to present your views from an exalted point of view of jyAnA, but unaware, your views carry so much duality in most of your day to day conversations.

I see that you are needing some spice occasionally, :) let it be.. it has to go on till it all comes out.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 10:03:59 AM »
"Those endowed with sattva perform their spiritual practices secretly.”
∼ Ramakrishna
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan says in Talks No. 485:  The mind is something mysterious. It consists of sattva, rajas, and tamas. The latter
two give rise to vikshepa (projecting power). In the sattva aspect, it remains pure and uncontaminated. So there are no thoughts
there and it is identical with the Self.  The mind is like akasa (ether). Just as there are the objects in akasa, so there are thoughts in
the mind.

Arunachala Siva.       

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »
Udai,

will you send your children to cinema theater to study and instruct them to study watching the movie? Would you tell them that it is nothing about the sound, but ones own quietitude that is within.

Your reasonings may be right, but they are misplaced.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
Since what I have said is not being even considered for investigation , I withdraw -- I have no purpose in a thread where the idea is not even considered!! 

Do you observe that you are not even considering what others have had to convey? and withdrawn.

I withdraw -- I have no purpose in a thread where the idea is not even considered!! 

which I is this speaking, this needs to be traced back.

:)
Harih Om

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:21:15 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »
udai,

So how did you decide your guru ? How do you know its not "Blind following the blind, both fall in a ditch", as swami Vivekananda said ?

:)

You cannot be as sure as what you have expressed!What if the person concerned is already an initiate in the Sri Ramakrishna lineage and has none other than The Holy Mother as his paramaguru!He does not need to bother what Swami Vivekananda said.

Namaskar.