Author Topic: Sadhana Tips  (Read 22228 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Sadhana Tips
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »
Nagaraj, Thanks for this pointer from Sri DV Gundappa .I have not heard about him but only after seeing some posts of yours I came to know of him and just now went through some info about him in wikipedia and saw that he has been awarded Sahitya Academy Award for his exposition on Srimad Bhagwad Gita . Later it came to be known that a far relative in my family has rendered DVG's  classic Mankuthimmana Kagga,in Tamil .

The quote below is really a  wonderful pointer and has given in essence the difference between knowing something in theory and really internalizing it in one's life .

Everybody is a Saint, Everybody a Preacher,
Till, Life's tests comes and stands in front,
Inner secrets of nature (vasanas) then rise from the bottom
God is the only refuge then - Mankuthimma

Thanks once again for pointing out Sri DVG .

Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
Sri Atmavichar,

It is a wonderful news to me that Kagga has been rendered in tamil and by your far relative is great news. I would be much obliged if you can let me know the publications, I would be interested in purchasing as well, as there are a few more persons I know of here, who would be very much interested as well.

Thank you.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
Sri Atmavichar,

It is a wonderful news to me that Kagga has been rendered in tamil and by your far relative is great news. I would be much obliged if you can let me know the publications, I would be interested in purchasing as well, as there are a few more persons I know of here, who would be very much interested as well.

Thank you.

Nagaraj

Her name is Radha Ganesan , and this seems to be self published work .It was released in 2007 and I am not in direct contact with them to know more about the details of the same .If I get it ,I will let you know .This work in Tamil was not done for a commercial motive and hence I doubt they have given wide publicity to the same .
As of now this is the information with  me:
Name of Book :  AAIZKADAL CHIPPI
Author : Radha Ganesan
Published by : Self Published
If I get any further info ,I will let u know .

BTW if you have any english translation of the same , kindly let  me know .

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2012, 06:14:30 PM »
Thanks for the information Sri Atmavichar,

There are 2 known english books, one by By A. Narasimha Bhatt is said to be the best available book in english, but unfortunately has been out of publication or unavailable for few years now. The other is Dim Tims Muses Translation Explanation Commentry of Dvgs Mankuthimmana Kagga by Sampath, Ra Shi which is also slowly running out of stock lately, but is good enough to assimilate the essence. This is the book that i have, apart one book in kannada.

Meanwhile, you can refer these sites, they are slowly updating the verses day by day -

http://wordsofwisdom.in/mankutimmanakagga/

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »
Thanks for the information Sri Atmavichar,

There are 2 known english books, one by By A. Narasimha Bhatt is said to be the best available book in english, but unfortunately has been out of publication or unavailable for few years now. The other is Dim Tims Muses Translation Explanation Commentry of Dvgs Mankuthimmana Kagga by Sampath, Ra Shi which is also slowly running out of stock lately, but is good enough to assimilate the essence. This is the book that i have, apart one book in kannada.

Meanwhile, you can refer these sites, they are slowly updating the verses day by day
-

http://wordsofwisdom.in/mankutimmanakagga/

Thanks Nagarj for the link , I went through some links but they had only the Kannada Version . It is good to have the English Translation .

Om Peace .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
Dear Nagaraj and atmavichar100,

I have seen one book in Tamizh titled Mankuthimmanin PithaRRalgaL in Tamizh long time back. I did purchase that book. I have kept
it some where. I shall give further details of book tomorrow.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Swami Shantananda Puri, who stays Korangu Thottam was visited by us once. He said that there are 18 reminiscences of
devotees. Each sadhak should first read them all. Then move to Talks,  Day by Day and then Letters. Then to Who am I?
Then to Upadesa Undiyar and Ulladu Narpadu.  He advised these step wise approach to understand Sri Bhagavan's teachings
and then continue self inquiry, as per His technique.

Arunachala Siva.     

Dear Sir

I dont think this applies to everbody.

For instance,  I started with Paul Brunton's book only .  Then I directly went to self enquiry and then read about annamalai swami.

Power of presence I read only very late

It is a mystery with Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee.    We can never say what is what and how it will apply to different people.