Author Topic: Bhagavan's Mysterious Assistance  (Read 1403 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan's Mysterious Assistance
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »
I approached the ticket counter at 5:30 p. m. to buy my ticket to Tiruvannamalai, but to my amazement the clerk refused to sell me one! Nonplussed, I was standing transfixed when a kind elderly man nearby informed me that the town of Tiruvannamalai is quarantined because of a plague epidemic and so no tickets to that destination can be sold. He advised me to buy a ticket to Tirukkoviloor, and to quietly get off at Tiruvannamalai when the train stops briefly to unload mail. Tirukkoviloor is the next station after Tiruvannamalai. When asked for a ticket to Tirukkoviloor, the ticket clerk asked me for additional money. I didn't have it. Crushed with unimaginable frustration, I stood to one side thinking of Bhagavan and overcome by sorrow. When there was only a few minutes left before the train to Tiruvannamalai was to arrive - wonder of wonders - the mystery of Bhagavan's grace descended upon me! Between the two rails, just a short distance from where I stood, a quarter-rupee coin lay glittering. I immediately picket it up and ran to the ticket counter. My train arrived in the station the very moment I was handed the ticket to Tirukkoviloor. Thrilled with the thought of Bhagavan's grace on my poor self, I got on the train and found a seat.

(Kunju Swami)

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:42:33 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan's Mysterious Assistance
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:16:42 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Sri Bhagavan's mysterious assistance [read Grace], has been rendered to many sincere sadhakas.  Annamalai Swami went to Kanchi
Swamigal and from there he was directed to Sri Bhagavan by Sri Chandrasekhara Saraswati Swamigal.  Paul Brunton's story, of course,
all know. But poor Brunton, he did not use that golden opportunity to stay put in Sri Bhagavan's proximity, like Chadwick and others.

Arunachala Siva.