Author Topic: my suggestions for various categories of people  (Read 1770 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
my suggestions for various categories of people
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:57:44 PM »
Me and Krishna garu are discussing about 21st century gruhasta life style and time limitations to continue our sadhana.

Plese Read below link to understand our previous disucssion.

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=6631.0

Below are my suggestions for various categories of people

Krishna Garu and other forum members let me know your views.

Krishna Garu Even i belong to IT industry andi :-)

Here are my suggestions for various categories of people

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My personal suggestions For People Who Are Not Married yet and Want to Fall to Category - 1 type

=> YOU NEED TO BE RIGID. There is no other choice. You need to have firm stand and try to imitate bhagavan.

Remember bhagavan did not even bother to talk to his mother and his family when they visited him for the first time after he ran away from home.
He just wrote his views to his mother after many devotees requested him to do so.

Only when his mother came back to him seeking his grace bhagavan had his emotional feelings back again with his mother and helped to liberate her.

Lesson : YOU NEED TO BE RIGID And have Firm Stand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My personal suggestions For People Who Are Married and Want to Fall to Category - 1 type

=> YOU NEED TO BE RIGID. There is no other choice. You need to have firm stand and try to imitate MURUGUNAR.

Remember murugunar who for most of time could not help to support his wife as his sadhana was extreme with bhagavan's grace.

His wife cried and requested to come home but murugunar's answer was a smile only.
My personal suggestions For People Who Are Married and Want to fulfil their gruhasta dharma and stay in category - II only

=> Imitiate Bhagavan's famous devotee Sub-register Narayana Iyer
=> fulfil your gruhasta dharma by raising kids properly.
=> when ever time permits read and read bhagavan's teachings and other holy books and implement them without fail if you think ego/passionate feelings are dominating you.
=> Let not bad thoughts enter in dreams as well and try to recollect bhagavan as far as possible.
=> cut many of un-necessary relations and avoid timepass activities to max extent.
=> go to tiru and other holy sites whenever u can with family.
=> login to this forum whenever time permits and be part of this wonderful sadhana and read other forum member's views.
=> earn more and more money if possible as fast as we can and then retire early and allow more time to spend for devotional activities. (Forum seninor member: R subramanian garu is apt for this example)
=> DONOT COMPARE WITH PEOPLE FALLING IN CATEGORY-1 AND GET DEPRESSED.
=> finally always remember bhagavan's advice for gruhasta

"Why do you think yourself to be a grihasta? If you go out as a sannyasi, the thought that you are a sannyasi will haunt you. You will be only substituting one thought by another. The mental obstacles are always there. They even increase in new surroundings. There is no help in the change of environment. The mind is the obstacle. Therefore why change the environment?" -- Talks 54

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: my suggestions for various categories of people
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »

Dear prasanth,

I agree with your detailed post on various categories of people.  Each one should live according to the type of life ordained for
them, without leaving their duties and at the same time without leaving their self inquiry or self surrender. Saint Tiru Navukkarasar
was a bachelor. He also attained Siva's feet. Saint Manikkavachagar and Saint Sundarmurthi were both married and they also
attained Siva's feet. Saint Jnana Sambandhar attained Siva's feet and then married. After the wedding, he and his wife and all
those who were present including cooks, drummers and pipers and various relatives attained Siva's feet by merging into a great
flame!  Because he was an avatara of Skanda, he could do that, i.e. confer group salvation!

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: my suggestions for various categories of people
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
well said udai garu and Subramanian garu.