Author Topic: carnal desires -- some observations  (Read 12491 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
carnal desires -- some observations
« on: October 03, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Disclaimers:    The references for the Mahatmas I have quoted are Power of Presence for Sivaprakasam pillai, Living by words of Bhagavan for Annamaali swami and Upadesa Manjari for Thakur related.
Deivathin Kural for Paramacharya. But only the summary of the sayings in my own words.  The terms I have used is not meant to hurt anybody or offend by way of language.  Literary decency is maintained all through and if you feel offended reading half way,  I humbly suggest not to proceed.  Different stages of life like Gruhastha ashrama are all respected and not meant to degrade anything.

In summary,  this article is written seriously only with an intent to have a positive discussion,   useful tips from fellow devotees and any sort of console it can offer to fellow travellers.  So no hard feelings please.

This carnal desires also called sexual lust is the major impediment in our sadhana.   Annamalai Swami had this in the very minimal degree while supervising the mason work.  He reported this problem to Maharishee and prayed that he be relieved from this lust and he does not need any liberation.   Maharishee replied that all great people are striving for that only.

In Maharishee's reply many cryptic things are embedded -- first he accepts that carnal desires are very tough to overcome,  secondly,  those who try are really appreciated by him and thridly he suggests here very subtly that there is another factor that has to come to close and destroy this sex lust desires.

Even the Kanchi Paramacharya hearing the plight of sadhaks in the nights was very gracious and could sympathize for their plight.   The Paramacharya adds that Grace is very important to completely destroy this lust and achive 100% celibacy.
He tells to keep in mind that this lust can be fully conquered only by the Grace of Shakthi.

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa says that when somebody observes complete celibacy for 12 full years, he gets automatically enabled one rare nadi called Pingala nadi even without any yogic exercies. And that person becomes a great Tapasvi.   

There are separate methods like muula bandhana in yogic kundalini to check this lust.

From my boydhood, even though I was highly philosophical and inquiring into life's mysteries, the sexual lust was enormously on the high rate for me.     With all my equipments like Thakur books,  Thayumanavar books I will fight this sexual lust vigorously in all times when I am alone, but will eventually succumb to its power.

To this day,   I consider this alone as a major impediment in my path.

I came to Maharishee being shattered into pieces materialistically.    So that time  this lust topic did not arrive within my mind so seriously.

Now that gradually Maharishee has attracted my sattvic mind fully,  there is a kurushetra going on in my mind between tapas mind and the lower carnal desirous part of my being.

There is one remarkable thing I have found related to lust after I surrendered partially to Maharishee.

There is a mild victory on my part now --  I have now recognized a strange thing which I missed in my early ages.

The point is this --  when lust sprouts out ,   the first thing I did in the past was to get attracted to it,  to feel the need to satisfy it and to believe that this is very soothing relaxing stuff and has nothing to do with anger or restlessness.

Now I have found one importnat clue --    lust and anger are opposite sides of a pole,   they attract each other,  one fills the part when the other is subsided temporarily.

The more lustful you are,  the more anger you will have and the more restless you will be.

This is a simple formula I have found.  If one tries to observe the movements of anger and lust,  at the very time they are arising,  it is a very delightful thing to do --   something tries to take full control of us,  the nerves and heart beats,  the restlessness spread all over the body and ultimately the victim is pushed helplessly towards the satfisfaction of anger or lust.

The mechanism is very similar.   

Also  there are two great barriers in achieving complete celibacy and destruction of lust  --  first is ,  it is not only buddhi that should aspire this lust destruction,  but our entire being should aspier,  with every pulse beat that aspiration must strike in rhythm , in one chorus , very deeply,  deeply deeply from your depth to conquer this lust.

Secondly,  when lust is checked by mind,   the body should know how to deal with the situation biologically.  Here I have no clue how one can do that,   because biologically body will burst into with so much vigour and energy.   Siva Prakasam pillai says that ,  you should separate this bodily urge which he call sense perception and  the thoughts that usually provoke it.
I pondereved over this and found that to be valid -- suppose I feel so much bilogical force in my body, now the sense objects first starts to operate and the first thing they look for is thoughts to associate this feeling.   At that precise moment,  if someone thinks only of Maharishee or Ambaa Durga or his Guru,  deeply deeply enough and start questioning any thoughts that arise in this way -- "it is true that this lust thought is there,  that sense perception is there but why should I link it,   why not I leave this thought alone without linking it"

I did not succeed in this method but neverthless,  if one cuts the knot between lustful thoughts and the lustful sense objects,  one can achieve this.    For those who dont understand, let me explain in another way.    Now I have body, so now I know that lust operates by provoking my male sense object.  Suppose this body dies,  the lust remains subtly.  That means the lust is indepedent of the body I have taken now.

Now my question is  why I should associate this lust with erection of that part of my body?  What if I dont associate this lust thoughts with that erection as if both are totally independent and nothing in common? 

There are different methods and so the story goes like this. 

But what I dont like with most of our sadhaks (including Ramana devotees ),  they dont accept it as a defeat.  They simply say that you can be a householder and attain liberation.

In my humble opinion, that is not correct.  The mimimum trace of lust even will block the liberation process.  No matter you are a householder or sanyasi.   

23 hours, 55 minutes you involve in self enquiry and that 5 minutes you satisfy your lust,  in the name of a householder,   then next morning we say that "householder life is not an impediment", it defintiely does not work that way I believe.

Everybody must achieve complete celibacy,   or atleast very sincerely try and accept the defeat before God.

Otherwise, if we look for some explanations within the manu smrithi , this or that,  it means the aspiration and sincerity is not there.

Just thought of writing this article today. 

Please forgive if something I have written is wrong.

Regards,
Krishna
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:38:40 PM by ksksat27 »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: carnal desires -- some observations
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
Dear Krishna,

Its very good, you are bringing up excellent topics for discussion here :)

While I would like to see further discussions on this topic and get my thoughts together on this before I respond further, the immediate response that I have is the fact of my conviction that

Celibacy should/can only be a BY-PRODUCT of our Sadhana. One cannot directly focus only on remaining celibate, the more one focuses on remaining a celibate, the more one controls, the more such a person is affected by it.

I believe Celibacy too is one kind of Siddhi. We should not get caught in this web. Yes, it is definitely very important for everyone to attain that perfection, celibacy, but it is a result of By-Product of our TRUE and SINCERE sadhana, which itself is grace, where our body would biologically only be performing the sadhana alone and lost in the contemplation of "Tatva".

I believe or have come to terms that its more important to practice Self Enquiry, do Bhakti to Bhagavan with all our dirt and mistakes over practicing Celibacy (or overcoming our dirt's in us) for I am sure that Self Enquiry itself would take care of the former!

Salutations to Bhagavan

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:12:38 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 04:55:47 PM »

Dear Krishnan,

Conquering carnal desires are best achieved by one's own home
grown solutions. Taking up householdership is one way to conquer
the carnal desires.  "If you are lustful, embrace your wife." says
one poem.

Arunachala Siva.

Ramakrishnan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
Excellent Post!!
Eating and Procreating are ancient Sanskaras and are hard to master.
Every life form in this planet does this two acts in one way or another.
Food and Lust are also interconnected ..watching what we eat helps to a great extent on how we feel.
Food forms Manas - Wrong food habits makes us restless and reign havoc on our feelings and emotions (can put this way: the unwanted calories seeks expressions) Satvic food on moderation is recommended by Sri Bhagawan.
If one cannot control the tongue one cannot control lust...( I am not saying Food is the only source of these thoughts..but food play a heavy role)
Creative thoughts, interest in art form like music, painting etc also  help to control lust .yogic science says creation and procreation are from the same chakra - when one is active the other is dormant.
Pranayama also helps (lack of or irregular Prana creates these emotions), cold shower helps too.
I totally agree with Sri Nagaraj (very eloquent reply)- Celibacy should be the by product and not our goal -  succumbing once in a while to lustful thoughts is ok but one should be cautious of the guilty feeling, if any, it produces.
The guilt associated with the act is more poisonous than a lustful thought. (as this would propagate a vicious circle - this was highlighted beautifully by Sri Subramanian here: http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=6583.msg22622#msg22622)
Lust should be managed intelligently - as guilt and other negative emotions indirectly result in further cravings.
A positive outlook and understanding is very much necessary .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:18:08 PM by Ramakrishnan »

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
What should we do with the needs of our wives or husbands? What if they want we to sleep with them? What do you mean by lust? Is the love to your wife and the desire to be one with her wrong and lustful? I ask because I think it's very difficult to be married and to be celibate even if you are prone to it.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 07:05:31 PM »

Dear Ramana.,

Take the devotees of Sri Bhagavan. Most of them were householders.
They earned money to the extent possible and clothe and feed their
wives and children. Sri Bhagavan never dissuaded them to leave
the family. Lust is simply sexual desire. One can overcome it only
through Vairagyam and be a truthful celibate for the whole life. Sri
Bhagavan never saw any difference between a man and a woman
since he had already realized the Self and everything was appearing
as Self to Him. But not all can be like Him. At the same time, self
inquiry and self surrender are also recommended for householders.
It is not exclusive right of only a celibate. What He condemned was
being untruthful to one wife or be untruthful in anything in life. Because
Truth is God. Some of His devotees, when they asked Him whether they
should leave the family and come to Him as a sannyasi, He dissuaded
them from doing such wrongful things. It is better to be a householder
thinking about one's wife than be a sannyasi [outwardly] and harping
sexual thoughts. Only in rare cases, He somehow showed extraordinary
grace and prevented people like Sivaprakasam Pillai not to remarry.
He was a widower. He wanted to re-marry. But Sri Bhagavan changed
the course of his thought and made him remain single and pursue self
inquiry.  When Muruganar did not want to live with Meenakshi, He tried
to unite them, but on seeing Muruganar's Vairagya, He did not pursuade
that idea, but took care of Meenakshi's life free from wants and essential
needs. He had tremendous grace towards Meenakshi to make her life
as contented as possible, without a being householder. In case
GV Subbaramaiah, when his first wife died, he had already three
grown up children and hence no thoughts of re-marrying came to him
at all.  Sri Bhagavan tuned each one's life according to their innate
tendencies. Nevertheless, self inquiry or self surrender was His teachings
and not the asrama of life. Sri Sadhu Om, Viswantha Swami, Ramanatha
Brahmachari were all ascetics in their own right. They did not even
think of wedding. And they were true ascetics. And Sri Bhagavan's
grace towards them was tremendous.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »
Dear ramana1359

Basically, there is difference between Love and Bliss. Love is Debt (Runa) we have due to our Prarabdha karma. We either owe it to somebody or 'need' to get from somebody. To love is to "going outward", it actually is mind going outwards, as in, we are looking for fulfillment through another and  Whereas Bliss is totally different, its purely from within ourselves alone! Here there is no requirement for an another to get some fulfillment. We are ourselves 'Purnam', 'Whole' which is the concept of ArdhaNaareeshwara (Half Man Hald Woman) It is because there is a feeling of difference, we look forward for that another, hoping it will give us that fulfillment, where as we ourselves are whole, This is "Jnana"

This is the subtle difference. And the goal is eventually to attain that fulfillment which is the attainment of Self. But so long we require to "be loved" and "to love" i.e. Prarabdha so long, it is, thereafter, there is no such pitfalls

In deeper discernment, Who is Wife to whom? and who is husband to whom?

We say,

My Wife,
My Husband,
My friend, etc..
My Kerchief

Note the word 'My' - My this, My that, My, My...

Notice "My" is different, "Wife" is different,
"My" is different, "Husband" is different,
"My" is different, "Kerchief" is different

The Sages say in truth "My" alone is! Who is this "My", Who is this "I"

and Who is the "I" that wants "to love" and "get love"

Once married, one has to fulfill the duties of a Grahastha or the duties of the Householder. This is where the "Kaivalyam" or "transformation" will take place!

Love is Different from Bliss.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:56:29 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
I understand all that. But my wife or girlfriend may want sex with me. Sexual life may be vital part of our household's life. Is making sex with her a part of my "duties"? It may be not problem for me to lead a life without sex but it could be for her. So what about this situation?
What if I don't have desire to have sex with her (I don't have sexual desire at all)? If I don't want to copulate with her but she desires this - does that make me wrong?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »

Dear Ramana,

If you dont want sex, why do you want to marry in the first place? To play
carom board or chess with her? Or do you think that cooking
alone should be done by her for your sake?  Marriage is basically
for sex and procreation. But these are not road blocks for your
spiritual pursuits.

Arunahcala Siva.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
If you dont want sex, why do you want to marry in the first place? To play
carom board or chess with her? Or do you think that cooking
alone should be done by her for your sake? 

There are families like the mother and father of Paramahansa Yogananda who have copulated only for procreation. This what I meant. But this kind of family is very rare indeed. Family and sexual life are not always synonymous.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
I understand all that. But my wife or girlfriend may want sex with me. Sexual life may be vital part of our household's life. Is making sex with her a part of my "duties"? It may be not problem for me to lead a life without sex but it could be for her. So what about this situation?
What if I don't have desire to have sex with her (I don't have sexual desire at all)? If I don't want to copulate with her but she desires this - does that make me wrong?

Dear Ramana1359,

I got your question , I immaturedly claim, I got it more than anybody else.

There is a way to do it. THat is what is explained by Sivaprakasam pillai very very cryptically.

This answer is not for all --  but neverthelss I say this.

This has been told by Maha Periayavaa in Deivathin Kural also quoting the example of suka deva (not sanat kumaras but suka deva who lead a married life)

Secret is this --  erection of body organ and the lust are very very intermingled for us.  One creates the other in we people.

Sense objects perception and mind (bundle of thoughts)  -- they act together,  result is the act of secual intercourse for all we people.

But there seems a way out here --  separate the two .  Erection -- it is just a feeling like itching, like back pain,  like sour taste, like chill water,  like warm water,  like a cold breeze feeling.  It is jut a feeling.   Why we really associate this erection with lust? Who told to do this?  WHy when bodily erection takes place,  we create thought forms and associate with that?  WHat if I just remain quiet, think of some battery radio in the place of girls at that exact moment of erection?    Why associate two different things together.   Where is the origin to do this?   How did I know this is the right way to connect erection and girls?

What if next time I associate seeing a girl with back pain?

So if one really really does this,  his body does the pro-creation and the inner "I" remains totally disinterested in the entire affair.

Our Kanchi Paramacharya quotes Suka devaand tells that this can be done and indeed was done.

Papaji the late Jnani seemed to have done this,  just to finish his prarabdha.

In Final Talks Annamalai Swami subtly explains this when he talks about how sense object feeligns are interpreted by our mind to go outward.

I need to tell more on this subject, tomorrow I will tell.

Disclaimer holds good for this reply also.

Regards,
Krishna

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »

Dear Krishnan and Ramana,

The days of Suka and his wife or Tiru Neelakanta and his wife
are over.  These are the days of pre-marital sex and extra-marital
sex, and homosexual marriages. These are days of Swami
Nityananda and his cinema star partner.  You may not a get a girl who
can live with you only like a rishi-patni.  If you discuss such a thing
with a girl whether she is ready for such a wedding with you, she will
laugh and say: "You must then be a neuter or trans-gender." 

We are in Kali yuga, where sexual morality is at a very low ebb.
People change cars in every three years, and wives in every ]
five years. To live with a single married wife for say, 5 decades
would soon become a record.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 11:05:11 PM »
Friends, I want to ask, what exactly constitutes Lust?

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:06:59 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 12:51:53 AM »
Friends,

On further contemplation, it just struck me that, Let Lust be what ever it constitutes. Who really has Lust? Is it for me or this body?

Bhagavan says we are not body; then whose problem is this Lust and sex?

When Bhagavan says we are not body; WE ARE NOT period! it doesn't matter if we are not able to realise it YET, but we can't ignore such a JNANI's words. Who are we to question Bhagavan? If HE SAYS SO, SURELY WE ARE NOT THE BODY. Therefore, this being the case, if we try to work towards working out the Lust problem, then we are doing so with the identification with the body and ignoring the words of A GREAT JNANI!

I am further convinced with my conviction that it is really not necessary to bother much about these issues of sex, lust and other similar issues because, ONCE ONE HAS RECOGNISED IT, it shall go away on its own accord, it will drop off as a ripe fruit on its own accord what matters to us?

WE CANT/SHOULD NOT FORCE ONTO OURSELVES CELIBACY whether one marries or not! Basically, its all got to do with doership. Why take the doership? Its his look out!

Its got all to do with FIRMNESS and FAITH IN BHAGAVANS WORDS!

There is nothing to work out on these aspects. What has Bhagavan asked us to do? to look within or to work out our sexual arousal problems?

HE, WHO IS THE GREATEST JNANI AMONG ALL YUGAS has given us only one job to do, to look within and abide as Self, Enquire into the 'I' till it merges as Self.

Our GURU RAMANA has not asked us to worry about anything else!!!!!!!!!! Once we have given it to HIM, our body is not ours, its HIS, its nature, its prakruti, its like those plants and trees germinating! this Body is like one of those plants and trees. Whether that body sleeps with somebody or over sexed, Why we should be bothered about what happens to the body?

DONT BOTHER, YOU REMAIN AS YOUR SELF, CEASE FROM IDENTIFYING WITH THE BODY! the Body issues are the issues of the body, not ours! Its not our business but for the one whom it belongs! We should not harm the body with our super impositions (doerships)!

There is nothing called LUST AFTER THE BIRTH OF DISCERNMENT, this is RECOGNITION,

We are fighting with our mind only, not with the body, its the mind that has become corrupt! BUT BHAGAVAN SAYS WE ARE NOT MIND TOO so MIND's problem too is not mine!  :)

When ever we are carried away by such guilt trips we ought to take the LAMP OF DISCERNMENT AND RECOGNISE AND BE AT PEACE WITH EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS. ABSOLUTELY NON-JUDGEMENTAL.

ITS ALL BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT AS IT IS. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN THE NATURE/PRAKRUTI/CREATION OF BHAGAVAN. IT IS ALL IN MIND! DON'T EVEN GIVE A SEAT TO THIS MIND TO RULE YOU. DONT LET MIND RULE YOU, MIND IS INERT! RECOGNISE THIS, DISCERN THIS and just be. THE BODY KNOWS PERFECTLY WHAT IT SHOULD DO, LETS NOT INFLUENCE/FORCE IT WITH OUR IDEAS OF MODELS. LETS BE IN OUR HOME, WHO WE REALLY ARE, NOT SOMEBODY'S HOME (OUR BODY) and cease from identifying with this inert body!

I feel I am convinced with this for myself!

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:18:55 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »
Friends,

On further contemplation, it just struck me that, Let Lust be what ever it constitutes. Who really has Lust? Is it for me or this body?

Bhagavan says we are not body; then whose problem is this Lust and sex?

When Bhagavan says we are not body; WE ARE NOT period! it doesn't matter if we are not able to realise it YET, but we can't ignore such a JNANI's words. Who are we to question Bhagavan? If HE SAYS SO, SURELY WE ARE NOT THE BODY. Therefore, this being the case, if we try to work towards working out the Lust problem, then we are doing so with the identification with the body and ignoring the words of A GREAT JNANI!

I am further convinced with my conviction that it is really not necessary to bother much about these issues of sex, lust and other similar issues because, ONCE ONE HAS RECOGNISED IT, it shall go away on its own accord, it will drop off as a ripe fruit on its own accord what matters to us?

WE CANT/SHOULD NOT FORCE ONTO OURSELVES CELIBACY whether one marries or not! Basically, its all got to do with doership. Why take the doership? Its his look out!

Its got all to do with FIRMNESS and FAITH IN BHAGAVANS WORDS!

There is nothing to work out on these aspects. What has Bhagavan asked us to do? to look within or to work out our sexual arousal problems?

HE, WHO IS THE GREATEST JNANI AMONG ALL YUGAS has given us only one job to do, to look within and abide as Self, Enquire into the 'I' till it merges as Self.

Our GURU RAMANA has not asked us to worry about anything else!!!!!!!!!! Once we have given it to HIM, our body is not ours, its HIS, its nature, its prakruti, its like those plants and trees germinating! this Body is like one of those plants and trees. Whether that body sleeps with somebody or over sexed, Why we should be bothered about what happens to the body?

DONT BOTHER, YOU REMAIN AS YOUR SELF, CEASE FROM IDENTIFYING WITH THE BODY! the Body issues are the issues of the body, not ours! Its not our business but for the one whom it belongs! We should not harm the body with our super impositions (doerships)!

There is nothing called LUST AFTER THE BIRTH OF DISCERNMENT, this is RECOGNITION,

We are fighting with our mind only, not with the body, its the mind that has become corrupt! BUT BHAGAVAN SAYS WE ARE NOT MIND TOO so MIND's problem too is not mine!  :)

When ever we are carried away by such guilt trips we ought to take the LAMP OF DISCERNMENT AND RECOGNISE AND BE AT PEACE WITH EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS. ABSOLUTELY NON-JUDGEMENTAL.

ITS ALL BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT AS IT IS. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN THE NATURE/PRAKRUTI/CREATION OF BHAGAVAN. IT IS ALL IN MIND! DON'T EVEN GIVE A SEAT TO THIS MIND TO RULE YOU. DONT LET MIND RULE YOU, MIND IS INERT! RECOGNISE THIS, DISCERN THIS and just be. THE BODY KNOWS PERFECTLY WHAT IT SHOULD DO, LETS NOT INFLUENCE/FORCE IT WITH OUR IDEAS OF MODELS. LETS BE IN OUR HOME, WHO WE REALLY ARE, NOT SOMEBODY'S HOME (OUR BODY) and cease from identifying with this inert body!

I feel I am convinced with this for myself!

Salutations to Bhagavan

Very good observations.

To be more detailed on step by step for a layman like me:

i)  Dont even think of lust.

ii) When lust comes and you succumb,  leave that activity at that very moment.  Forget all about it.

iii)Next day your sadhana must be as fresh and as in the present time as possible.   No restrospection,   analysis etc.

iii)  It is not by speaking about lust , one overcomes it.

iv)Body is the last thing to get changed to.  So dont force it.   Forget that you had lust, you will have lust.   Even duirng lust times,  if possible, enquire where is the 'I' that is having this lust now. 

v)Go on, carry on,  dont look back, dont grieve,  dont plan.   As far as possible, forget all about it,   dont try to recollect it at all other times when intellect is operating.

vi)  Succumbing to this lust --  means the energy is not focussed to higher body parts.  But when para shakthi considers some time as ripe enough, automatically body will co-operate,  your energy will arise as it happened for Annamalai Swami.

vii) Until then,  dont worry,  dont try to achieve any end.  Constantly enquire or practize your sadhana.  Let your Knowledge be active at all times,    remember the constant sruthi of I-I or the supreme Grace of Para Shakthi.

viii) In the Divine scheme of things,   Para Shakthi will make some aspire for this complete celibacy. If you are one among them,  go ahead , aspire for it.  but dont be crazy or hasty about it   By all your practice and failures,   the right message revealed is your utter helplessness in these affairs.  Once you realize your helplessness and throw yourself at Her Lotus feet,  the powerful Durga will shower her grace towards you.  That time,  automatcially Manmadha the lord of Lust will pave way and go away silently from you.   So the Divine Will is all that operates all time.   Bearing this fact in mind,  be quiet , dont strain yourself.

ix)Above all,  you know you are very weak.  So this lust can be used to increase your humbleness.  So you dont have any rights to boast on your sadhana.   Yes, fine, so keep quiet.  It is Grace alone that operates.  No effort is really your effort, no failure is really because of 'you'.  Bearing this fact, keep quiet .

With folded hands, wait patiently,  Divine Mother will look into your file one day,  and tear off this lust black mark.  Until then, carry on with utmost humility.

I am ending this topic with this.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:51:52 PM by ksksat27 »