Author Topic: It will come out alright in the end  (Read 1718 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
It will come out alright in the end
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »
Dear friends,
Sometimes when  sadhaks expressed their despondent feelings , related to their progress , Bhagavan said that it  will be alright in  the end.
What did Bhagavan mean by this ?
Can someone elaborate on this in depth ?
Regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: It will come out alright in the end
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »

Dear Anand,

Very many sadhaks, even during Sri Bhagavan's days, [like Chadwick] told Him that there was
no progress and they have become diffident about the whole sadhana.  When Sri Bhagavan
told them : "It will be alright in the end."  only means the efforts must be pursued relentlessly.
There could be some dull periods. But one should not become desolate.  Continued efforts and
perseverance are the keywords.

Bhagavan Ramana has cautioned:

The Effortless State is already one's true nature, no doubt. But the one who seeks must make all
efforts to reach that Effortless State.  If one asks, why I am not prgressing?, Why I am not
improving?  -- it is all the mischief of the ego, to pull you down.

Arunachala Siva.,

amiatall

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
When mind tells you to buy an icecream, you are content, but when mind tells you "there is no progress" you are not content. In both cases you are believing in what is told to you, thus - no freedom.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:26:50 AM »
Dear Anand,

To me Bhagavan means that all these feelings, bad times, etc... are all temporary, they pass even if we hold on to it, as it is prakruti. So its a definite assurance that those things would go away and one need not worry about it.

Just remember some of your past, they have all gone by, yesterday's sorrow is no more there now but it was such great cause of pain then, now its nothing even when we think about that!

when we were young, on not doing our homework, we feared the wrath of our teacher, but its gone!

Like this, Happiness and Sorrowfulness, both are transient. They don't last permanently, But yourself have been a witness to all these right from your childhood days to now, you are unchanged, and you will continue to be! you experienced happiness, sorrow, anger, frustration, despondent feelings, etc... and are unchanged

All those experiences have kept changing and moved but you remain still unchanged. Bhagavan asks us to focus our attention on that which remains unchanged and not not what that changes, for we have no use or control over them for they will end according to nature or prakruti.

Any feelings, situations, depressions, anger, happiness, etc... all are temporary, so let them be, do not take ashrayam on them and get depressed and React with emotions, do not depend on these temporary things as they are going to deceive you. You just hold on to the permanent Bhagavan says! He says like Krishna in BG, to remain the same in heat and cold, in happpiness and sorrow, pain and pleasure by RECOGNISING / DISCERNING THE REALITY OF ALL THESE TEMPORARY FEELINGS.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:36:55 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »

Once a devotee asked to Ramana Maharshi "'Scientists have invented and produced aircraft which can travel at great speeds in the sky. Why do you not make and give us a spiritual aircraft in which we can quickly and easily cross over the sea of samsara?"

Ramana Maharshi: 'The path of self-enquiry,' replied Bhagavan, 'is the aircraft you need. It is direct, fast and easy to use. You are already travelling very quickly towards realisation. It is only because of your mind that it seems that there is no movement. In the old days, when people first rode on trains, some of them believed that the trees and countryside were moving and that the train was standing still. It is the same with you now. Your mind is making you believe that you are not moving towards Self-realisation.'
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.