Author Topic: Stones from the holy hill  (Read 1773 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Stones from the holy hill
« on: August 18, 2011, 10:08:52 PM »
Dear friends,
During my last visit , I collected some stones from Arunachala hill .I hold them  when I do   meditation or when I want to have a feeling of peace.
But there is school of thought, that each stone being a Shiva Linga , it was not advisable to keep the same without performing proper Poojas on them.
But I tend to believe, that anything from the hill can do only good and no harm.
Can someone advice.
Regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Stones from the holy hill
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:52:01 AM »

Dear Ananda Sundaram,

Arunachala is Sivam. Brahman. Every stone from the Hill, is Sivam - Brahman.
Is there anything small or big in Sivam or Brahman?  As Subrahmanya Bharati
said: " Is there any small fire or big fire?"  Even a spark will burn the whole forest.
So you can keep a small  stone for prayer and peace of mind.  There is no rule
that applies to a Linga Puja, is applicable here.  No special formalities at all.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Stones from the holy hill
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »
Dear friends,
During my last visit , I collected some stones from Arunachala hill .I hold them  when I do   meditation or when I want to have a feeling of peace.
But there is school of thought, that each stone being a Shiva Linga , it was not advisable to keep the same without performing proper Poojas on them.
But I tend to believe, that anything from the hill can do only good and no harm.
Can someone advice.
Regards,
Anand.

Annamalai Swami the great jnani was frequently visited by one Mr. Ravi who frequently writes in David Godman blog.

When a special variety stone of Arunachala hill was collected by Annamalai swami and kept in his room,  Ravi seemd to request for that or something like that.

And Annamalai swami immediately asked if he is doing some pooja daily.

Ravi banking upon his wife's devotion has told Annamalai Swami that his wife chants Lalitha Sahasranamam daily.   Only after that Annamalai Swami gave the stone to Ravi asking him to worship it with that Lalitha Sahsranamam.

So it is clear that you have to worship by some sort of slokas or atleast play through any mp3 player.  I dont think it is difficult because most of the devotees dont spend a day without devotion.