Author Topic: a practical advise need from all  (Read 5800 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: a practical advise need from all
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »
Dear Kskat

This is an old post that I recently came across and I do not know whether it is still relevant for you .Anway let me share my basic inputs :

1) No one can tell you exactly what you must do as each one will give an advice based on their own personal situation and condition and it may not practically apply to you .
2) Most of the great sages gave generic answers and that is also of not much help as you have found out yourself .
So what to do ?
Understand simply the fact that you have to wage a lone battle in this and this is the way all sadhaks have done it .I have never found one spiritual aspirant who had it easy i.e getting a good name / good understanding from anyone , more so from the family . Why even Bhagwan Ramana had a fight with his brother before leaving his house for Arunacahala .

But we are not Bhagawan Ramana as we still keeping asking other's opinion for what to do .
No doubt we can take Bhagwan Ramana for inspiration but let us be clear that we need to handle the life in front of us  till we  reach a spiritual maturity where u understand that everything works by the grace of God and no point in fighting with anything .
So the path of Surrender is ruled out for you currently and hence u need to focus on the path of effort .
Now what sort of effort do I mean ?
You need to put it those efforts that help u not only immediately but also help you help you in your future .
The only thing that comes to my mind is the Sadhana for you will be "Sandhya Vandana with Gayatri Japa" done with nishkama bhava .I am suggesting this as you are a Brahmin .
Many people do not feel Sandhya Vandam is a sadhana , it is a very high sadhana that also paves way for self enquiry later and also blesses the person with a sharp intellect and lot of spiritual power that he is able to do the day to day easily as well as handle his spiritual tasks as well as his family affairs .I myself understood the benefits of Sandhya Vandanam and Gayathri Japa only later and hence sharing the same here .
If you care a damn for others and want to lead life by your own dictates then follow the path of Bhagwan seriously and take in whatever comes as a prasad .
If you want to go adjusting with others bit by bit then follow the path of Karma Marga as given by our Vedas and Dharma Shastras so that it leads you to Jnana Marga later on its own accord .
So final choice is urs .This is just a pointer from me and please do not take this as a final advice .
By the way your problem is not just unqiue to you and I find many young people  who got interested in spirituality facing this same problem i.e unable to balance work , home , sadhana .
There are no easy answers here .
All the best in your life and sadhana .
Om Peace .
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:36:05 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »
Atmavichar(Krishna),
Wonderful post that every earnest seeker should take note of.I fully concur with your recommendation.I have not gone through the post that initiated this or the subsequent posts,yet I can figure out what your post addresses.

Yogi ShuddhAnanda Bharati used to advise:பசித்திரு,விழித்திரு,தனித்திரு!(Stay Hungry,Stay awake,Stay Alone!)

Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
Atmavichar(Krishna),
Wonderful post that every earnest seeker should take note of.I fully concur with your recommendation.I have not gone through the post that initiated this or the subsequent posts,yet I can figure out what your post addresses.

Yogi ShuddhAnanda Bharati used to advise:பசித்திரு,விழித்திரு,தனித்திரு!(Stay Hungry,Stay awake,Stay Alone!)

Namaskar.

Ravi

It was Saint Ramalinga Swamigal ( Vallalar ) who used that terminology first  i.e பசித்திரு,விழித்திரு,தனித்திரு.
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
Atmavichar,
Thanks very much.Yes,Kavi Yogi has written a play on vaLLalar-called 'Jothi RAmalingam'.Wonderful advice indeed.
Namaskar.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 06:26:25 PM »
Dear Kskat

This is an old post that I recently came across and I do not know whether it is still relevant for you .Anway let me share my basic inputs :

1) No one can tell you exactly what you must do as each one will give an advice based on their own personal situation and condition and it may not practically apply to you .
2) Most of the great sages gave generic answers and that is also of not much help as you have found out yourself .
So what to do ?
Understand simply the fact that you have to wage a lone battle in this and this is the way all sadhaks have done it .I have never found one spiritual aspirant who had it easy i.e getting a good name / good understanding from anyone , more so from the family . Why even Bhagwan Ramana had a fight with his brother before leaving his house for Arunacahala .

But we are not Bhagawan Ramana as we still keeping asking other's opinion for what to do .
No doubt we can take Bhagwan Ramana for inspiration but let us be clear that we need to handle the life in front of us  till we  reach a spiritual maturity where u understand that everything works by the grace of God and no point in fighting with anything .
So the path of Surrender is ruled out for you currently and hence u need to focus on the path of effort .
Now what sort of effort do I mean ?
You need to put it those efforts that help u not only immediately but also help you help you in your future .
The only thing that comes to my mind is the Sadhana for you will be "Sandhya Vandana with Gayatri Japa" done with nishkama bhava .I am suggesting this as you are a Brahmin .
Many people do not feel Sandhya Vandam is a sadhana , it is a very high sadhana that also paves way for self enquiry later and also blesses the person with a sharp intellect and lot of spiritual power that he is able to do the day to day easily as well as handle his spiritual tasks as well as his family affairs .I myself understood the benefits of Sandhya Vandanam and Gayathri Japa only later and hence sharing the same here .
If you care a damn for others and want to lead life by your own dictates then follow the path of Bhagwan seriously and take in whatever comes as a prasad .
If you want to go adjusting with others bit by bit then follow the path of Karma Marga as given by our Vedas and Dharma Shastras so that it leads you to Jnana Marga later on its own accord .
So final choice is urs .This is just a pointer from me and please do not take this as a final advice .
By the way your problem is not just unqiue to you and I find many young people  who got interested in spirituality facing this same problem i.e unable to balance work , home , sadhana .
There are no easy answers here .
All the best in your life and sadhana .
Om Peace .

Dear Atmavichar

Thanks for your nice sayings and views.

Yes in the one year that has passed post this question,  I should accept that I have made few remarkable progress in my sadhana.

My faith in God and Guru has been constant and I also got darshan of my Guru.

All these factors are slowly purifying my mind and life is going on.

Surrender is setting forth slowly.

I would agree that the path that is suitable for me was in fact very unique to me and I also find that I am made to only a particular form of main sadhana.

I have also started doing sandhya vandhanam in weekends .

Thank you.

Arunachalam Smaranaa Mukthi.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
Dear Atma Vichar,

Very valid suggestion and as mentioned correctly, it is a personal battle which one has to take care by himself and finally prevail with the blessings of master.

Ksksat - I am exactly same age of ur's and also in to same profession and facing the same challenges as you have faced one year before and please accept my gratitude for posting this topic as it also helping me now!

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!