Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's SAT Darshanam  (Read 2915 times)

srkudai

Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's SAT Darshanam
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
Friends,

We have , earlier, studied Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's Upadesha Saram. That thread contains lot of wonderful explanations by the members of our forum. With bhagavan's blessing, lets try a similar discussion + study of SAT Darshanam.
I will use the sanskrit text for a study and discussion on the same.

This text is very unique... from the beginning to the end, it discusses Self Inquiry and thus is a wonderful aid for people who desire to know and practise Self Inquiry as taught by Bhagavan Ramana.

The aim of this discussion is not to preach or teach anything, but to share our learnings as we practised this technique as studied the teachings of bhagavan.

Lets study this text verse by verse.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:40:10 PM by srkudai »

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's SAT Darshanam
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »
As always very well explanied udai garu.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:57 PM »
Lets study this text verse by verse.

Tushnim/Udai

I have opened an old thread started by you .
I suggest you restart this project . You have started a thread where Sat Darshanam difference is being discussed . There seems to be a slight difference in the Tamil/Sanskrit Versions of the same .
Since you are comfortable with the Sanskrit version , kindly start your explanation for the Sanskrit version verse by verse and we can join the same .

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 09:26:39 PM »
Dear Atmavichar,
         :) Thank you. Let me try and see if I can do some justice to this. I do not know any Tamil, so if someone (Yourself ? Subramanian or Ravi ji ?) could offer to provide the corresponding Tamil explanation [Exact Translation]. I can start with the Sanskrit work as taught by Kavyakantha Ganapathi Muni ji.

Its one of the best vedantic texts I have seen.
Tushnim

Let us not confuse Tamil and Saskrit here . First start with your Sanskrit version and let others share their inputs . In Mountain Path every  issue  there is a verse of Ulladhu Naarpadu being explained by one S.Ram Mohan based on  Lakshmana Sarma's Commentary . I have to go back to the previous issues to start from the beginning .
So anyway you set the ball rolling and let others join in .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
Tushnim

Good that you started with this project .Keep it up but as I said go slowly but steadily as this is a text that has lot of depth .So ideal will be to keep 1 verse per week , if u can do more than that it is OK but realistically speaking best is to have one per week .If you want you can lock it to avoid distractions and use another thread for discussions on the same .

Om Peace

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »
Its going to take longer than 1 week may be.
This write up I started almost the day you suggested it.
so its going to take time for sure.

no need to lock this. comments are welcome :) -- and its good to have everything at one place.
Sure Tushnim
Absolutely no pressure . You must be very relaxed when you do this . All the best .Om Peace .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
Dear Tusnim,

Yes. Even though darsanam gives a meaning of 'seeing', it is really an Experience.

Arunachala Siva.