Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 2964 times)

who am I?

• View Profile
Introductions
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:52:03 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Paul Bullough and I have just found this forum. What a lovely thing to find. I have been reading Talks with Ramana Maharshi for over thirty years, and I still read it on most days. My favourite quotes from Maharshi are, 'The world appears as a passing shadow in a flood of light' and 'There are no others to mix with'. I try to put his beautiful words into practice, and recently have begun to understand more the idea that we are not actually doing anything, because 'we' don't really exist. Love to everyone...Paul!

N K Srinivasan

• View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »
Dear Paul,
 Nice to hear about your practice of reading 'Talks' daily....The analogy ofa movie screen with shadows thrown on it for mayic world is very useful Only the screen is real;but we sit before the screen, see the shadow, cry or laugh ...the light required for the projector is the Self which is not affected by the drama that goes on ,on the screen---Ramana was fond of this analogy...reflection on this is useful way for understanding reality and this dreamy world.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »
Hey Mr. Paul, I read "Talks" a couple of times.  See the wonderful
interpretation of Bhagavan on Kamalalayam (Thiruvaroor), Chidambaram,
Kasi (Benares) and Tiruvannamalai.  To be born in Self, to see Self,
to die (our mind)  in Self and to contemplate Self - is Liberation!  Here
Kamalakayam - Heart;  Abhrasadasi - Seat of Consciousness.
(Talks No. 473)