Author Topic: Karma  (Read 13384 times)

saraskrishna

• View Profile
Re: Karma
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
Dear Jyoti,

Why do you want God to destruct all karma? If you ask me whether I want GOD or destruction of karma? I will say I want only GOD, for I'm not bothered about destruction of karma. Once The GOD -The Self - is realized and attained and with HIS Grace, the same is retained.. Karma becomes useless or it has zero effect.  So, our efforts should be only towards seeking HIS Grace to attain the purpose of birth.

terrible and horrible incidents do happen and has been happening for years and years together. But, how many are exposed to that and how many worry over others' miseries? everything seen around is karma. I read in some books saying that even the dress i wear, the body i got and the environment in which i live and the kind of news i hear and see around in this world is also the karma.

The one who cries or worries on seeing others miseries is already a blessed soul ! GOD shall never forsake them. 

Last week I saw the movie "Passion of Christ".  I donno how many of us here have seen that.  The kind of torture / punishment given to Jesus Christ is  so horrible that weak hearted people cannot hold to see that.  Nobody else or no man would have been beaten to half dead like that.....   Jesus, knew of all these before itself.  HE only prayed to LORD and requested LORD to conduct that incident in ITS own accord.  This is the kind of acceptance that one has to cultivate. Rather than finding ways to escape or to avoid, pray to LORD and accept whatever comes.

Jesus' level of acceptance was immeasurable, HE said HE was born for this purpose !!!

Rather than expecting, one should start accepting. Having known Bhagavan and HIS teachings so much now, we should strive to avoid accumulating Karmas hereafter.

Dear Jyoti, just wanted to reiterate.. Karma is only for the body and mind, it is not for the Athman !  WE are reaping the results of OUR karma. Only God's grace can dilute it and can even nullify it as said before...

If you ask me, was God not there when we were accumulating karmas before? I say Yes , God was there but we didn't see HIM nor we took an effort.  When Jesus was brutally beaten and nailed, HE cried and requested to LORD as "They don't know what they are doing. Please forgive them."

with love,
Arunachala Siva.. Arunachala Siva..

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »

Dear saraskrishna,

Yes. Loving everyone including those who hate you, makes you forget your miseries and pains - out of karma. Love pervading helps you to put up with one's misfortunes.

I had a longing for a pair of shoes,
I had no money,
When I saw a man who had no legs,
I understood that god has been kind to me.
I cease to desire a pair of shoes.

Arunachala Siva.   

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 03:38:25 PM »
http://www.chooseveg.com/

It's just awful. I watched one but really cant cope with it. Plus I have consumed meat and dairy in the past, I feel guilty. It makes me sad beyond words to see that treatment of our fellow beings. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »

Dear kde,

Do not worry about past. These habits if they could be left off once and for all and permanently, that is okay. Thinking about past shall not give you any relief. Once someone came to Sri Bhagavan and asked Him: I am a great sinner, can there be any relief and liberation for me?
Sri Bhagavan said: "Why not?"

The devotee said that his papas [demerits] were so terrible. I have
done very little punyas [meritorious acts]. Sri Bhagavan said: "Give
me both you merits and demerits.  The devotee said: Oh, no, how can I give my demerits to you. It will be a patch on your life. Sri Bhagavan said: It does not matter. Give them both to me and be free!"       

Like this story, let us give all our knapsack to Him. He will confer deliverance to us.

Arunachala Siva.

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »
Thank you Subramanian, both past and future seem to be on my mind. I try to stop thinking of such things, but when there is guilt associated it's hard to stop the torment.  The mind itself is the cause of suffering. Perhaps it's deserved, there has to be a price to pay. I try to think about who the thought come too. Maybe in the end that will win out. I think the ego loves to have these regrets.

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »
Do you think we can really give our merits and demerits to Ramana? I had hadn't thought of that.

How should I do that?  I want to get rid of this burden more than anything. I want to surrender this life, but don't know how. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 12:37:29 PM »

Dear kde,

Ego or mind is creating two scenarios. Both are problems. One is about the past, re-living the past and regretting ad nauseum. The second is about the future, planning, planning all the way. And then getting anxiety out of that.

Sivaprakasam Pillai asks Sri Bhagavan: (Question No. 14): Is it
possible for the residual impressions of object that come from beginningless time, as it were to be resolved and for one to remain as the pure Self?

Sri Bhagavan: Without yielding to the doubt, "Is it possible or not?" one should persistently hold on to the meditation on the Self. Even if one to be a sinner, one should not worry and weep, 'O I am a sinner, how can I be saved?'  One should completely renounce the thought "I am a sinner" and concentrate keenly on meditation on the Self. Then one should surely succeed.

The above is about past.

About future, He says for Question No. 18 of Pillai:

Of the devotees, who is the greatest?

..... Whatever burdens are thrown on God, He bears them. Since the supreme power of God makes all things move, why should we, without submitting ourselves to it, constantly worry ourselves with that thoughts as to what should be done and how, and what should not be done and how not? We know that the train carries all loads, so after getting on it, why should we carry our small luggage on our head to our discomfort, instead of putting it down in the train and feeling at ease?

Arunachala Siva.                  

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »
Dear Subramanian, you have the problem exactly.

I have been trying to ask to who the thoughts are coming, which would seem like the right course to take.

When the thoughts are too strong I will waver but then bring it back to who.  Getting rid of the idea that there is a person is very hard, but I at least understand it. I will certainly try to put my baggage down. The relief will be nice so say the least. 

Thanks for your replies. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »

Dear kde,

If you throw away the problems to Him, you will first start feeling
"the incomparable lightness of Being" within.  But you cannot throw
the problems to Him that are your original making. If you suffer from liver cancer due to continuous smoking, you cannot throw the problem to Him and say, Take care of my cancer! Did you ask Him,
Can I smoke 20 cigarettes per day, in the first?

Arunachala Siva.

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
Dear Subramanian, thank you. I have been trying this, funnily enough I have found a little in this.  Not that I don't trust Ramana, I have never tried to do this.  But I do feel less of a burden. It's early days yet. But I will give all of those things to Ramana in faith. Thank You.

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
"Sri Ramana Mahrshi: Individuals have to suffer their Karmas but Iswara manages to make the best of their Karmas for his purpose. God manipulates the fruits of Karma but he does not add or take away from it. The subconscious of man is a warehouse of good and bad Karma. Iswara chooses from this warehouse what he sees will best suit the spiritual evolution at the time of each man, whether pleasant or painful." found here

When I read the news, I cannot help but thinking that Ishvara somethimes gives people too much to handle.
How can beeing tortured & raped suit the spiritual evolution of a child?
And there are many cases were children have to suffer such terrible things, just loock on web, it is unbelievable.  :'(

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »

Dear Jyoti,

I read in newspapers about a child  who was born about 20 years back, with no limbs at all. Only head and torso.  The biological mother left that child in an asyulum.  A Western couple came to the
asylum and chose this child for upbringing. They went to their country and after some years fixed artificial hands and legs!  The girl child is now 20 years old and she has been brought up with devout Christian faith. She wanted to see her biological mother. The foster parents brought her to India, went to the asylum and found out mother's address and traced the mother. The mother was astonished beyond belief and she cried and cried over the girl's shoulders. She finally said: Christ has given me this life and I thank Christ through my parents. I want to spend my remaining life with them and evolve as true christian.  She returned to her country with her foster parents, who were quite happy to take the girl back to the child.

Sometimes karma alone is softened to a great extent by grace in due course. What to do you say for this real life story.

There is no point for anyone to cry for the karma that has afflicted the. Live your life to attaing godhead. Once I made a small survey how many children congenitally visually challenged [born blind]
and they all said that they believe in God and God will take care of them. This is nothing but grace of God acting upon them.

Arunachala Siva.       

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
Dear Jyoti,
there are so many terrible things going on today, nothing new there. I suppose such things will help to end the desire for birth in the first place and drive us to seek liberation from the cycle. Easy to say while not being tortured I guess.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »

Dear kde,

Yes. I had been to Tiruvannamalai for 3 days from 15th June 2011.
There I met one gentleman whose hands have become disfigured
i.e too short and he could not also walk for the same disfigurement.
He came to the Asramam and asked for money.  The Asramam
people said that they cannot give him any money but he can eat food once in a day and come there for any  number of days.  This is the best one can do in such times of karmically affected people. What is the use of giving money? He will at best smoke some beedis.

Arunachala Siva.

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »
Dear Subramanian, At least the ashram is there to dole out food to the needy, and the man is at the ashram itself. That has to be a good thing.

Does the ashram take in donations?