Author Topic: Isn't it boring to be in the Absolute?  (Read 1417 times)

incameet

• View Profile
Isn't it boring to be in the Absolute?
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
Advaita says the universe exists only in the dream. Wake up and see the Truth that nothing ever existed. But what happen after waking up? You see nothingness, emptiness, You the Self alone. But what do you do in this condition? How long can you stay there? Won't the Self feel bored pretty soon? Didn't the Self create the world/universe to have some fun because it is too boring to stay in the Absolute?  If so, why wake up? Why not just stay in the dream and have perpetual fun? I know I know this is the stupid mind asking this question. But it couldn't hurt to ask.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Isn't it boring to be in the Absolute?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:41:17 AM »

Dear icameet,

One cannot remain in dream state for a long time. Dream by itself is
kshanigam, short. Sleep, of course, one can sleep for long hours say,
9 to 10 hours. But one cannot remain in deep sleep state also for any length of time. The mind will wake you up. You wake up and start doing all mischiefs.  Further one can do self inquiry only in wakeful state.  Because mind is necessary to rub the mind into a Ruby. See Sri Arunachala Ashtakam, verse 5.

Who said abiding in the Absolute is boring?  It is you, who has not settled down in the Absolute. Not those who have attained permanent abidance in Absolute.  Tell me, whether any Brahma Jnani has said that to stay in permanent abidance in Absolute is boring? Only the world is boring, because it is impermanent and unreal. The Brahma Jnanis, after realization would only say that the retention of the body is boring for a long time. After buying the necessary articles, from a list, do you keep the list for a long time.
After verifying the articles with the list, you throw away the list.
After journey has ended, whether anyone can keep the bus ticket? 

Arunachala Siva.