Author Topic: vidya danam  (Read 2544 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
vidya danam
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »
Subramanian sir,

I have been reading sh.godman's blog and especially the open thread page. Your contribution to the blog especially sharing with us such rare stories on bhagavan interspersed with quotes from other saints and information ...is immense.

I wish to post here with your permission, the story of the Calf that reminded me of cow lakshmi and the very essense of bhakti. Many many thanks sir for the vidya danam that you are giving all of us. Your posts are indeed a joy to read and such a treasure!

After Sri Bhagavan's Maha Nirvana, a devotee mentioned about the incident of the devotion of a calf to Sri Bhagavan.

In the Asramam, there was a calf that used to visit the house of devotees of Sri Bhagavan in Ramana Nagar. The devotees welcomed her lovingly and gave her sweets and fruits to eat.

One day, I was in Sri Ramanaramam.
My friend came and told me that the calf was standing in my compound. When I heard this, I was very happy. I rushed to my house to feed the calf with fruits and sweets. As I did not see the calf in the compound of my house, thinking that she may be inside the house, I went inside the house and looked for her, but she was not to be seen. When I entered my bedroom, I saw the calf standing in front of the photograph of Sri Bhagavan fully immersed in it. Her eyes were fixed on Sri Bhagavan with love and devotion. She was bowing to Sri Bhagavan with her forehead touching the photograph of Sri Bhagavan! She had merged and become one with Sri Bhagavan, that moment.

She did not even notice me entering the room. She was oblivious of her surroundings. Seeing the love and the devotion of the calf, I was enthralled but at the same time, I felt ashamed of myself for the lack of same intensity of devotion that the calf had for Sri Bhagavan. In spite of being a human being, and in constant touch with Sri Bhagavan, not even once had I surrendered so completely to Sri
Bhagavan!

I waited in the hall for the calf to come out of the bed room. When she came out, I fed her with sweets and fruits. Who knows which great devotee of Sri Bhagavan had tenanted the body of the calf?

Ramanarpamastu

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: vidya danam
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
very nice heart touching incident lakshmi garu and thanks for sharing with us.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: vidya danam
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:54:32 AM »

Dear SLakshmi,

A heart rending story. Yes. This happened in the case of a devotee,
about whom I wrote in David Godman's blog recently.  Even in case of
non human living beings, such devotion was there for Sri Bhagavan.
Srimad Bhagavatam says that when Sri Krishna left for Mathura, the
calves and cows were shedding tears!  Sri Bhagavan is also a Go-pala.

Arunachala Siva.