Author Topic: Lord Ram was for real  (Read 4537 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Lord Ram was for real
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »
Author: Saroj Bala
Publication: The Pioneer
Date: October 12, 2003

We Indians are the products of one of the oldest civilisations. We need to be really proud of our ancient history and cultural heritage. However, during the British Rule, we developed an inferiority complex, which adversely affected our quest to unearth facts relating to our glorious past. But our young and educated men and women, born and brought up in independent India, are capable of unearthing the true facts and are confident enough to evaluate these objectively.

Shri Ram being most basic to Indian "ethos", it is necessary to know who is Shri Ram? Was he really born? If yes, when and where? As is believed by crores of people did he really put his feet on the Indian territory from North to South, reducing the sufferings of mankind and ensuring victory of good over evil? Let us take a look at historical facts:

The story of Shri Ram's life was first narrated by Maharishi Valmiki in the Ramayana, which was written after Shri Ram was crowned as the king of Ayodhya. Maharishi Valmiki was a great astronomer as he has made sequential astronomical references on important dates related to the life of Shri Ram indicating the location of planets vis-a-vis zodiac constellations and the other stars (nakshatras). Needless to add that similar position of planets and nakshatras is not repeated in thousands of years. By entering the precise details of the planetary configuration of the important events in the life of Shri Ram as given in the Valmiki Ramayan in the software named "Planetarium" corresponding exact dates of these events according to the English calendar can be known.

Mr Pushkar Bhatnagar of the Indian Revenue Service had acquired this software from the US. It is used to predict the solar/lunar eclipses and distance and location of other planets from earth. He entered the relevant details about the planetary positions narrated by Maharishi Valmiki and obtained very interesting and convincing results, which almost determine the important dates starting from the birth of Shri Ram to the date of his coming back to Ayodhya after 14 years of exile.

Maharishi Valmiki has recorded in Bal Kaand sarga 19 and shloka eight and nine (1/18/8,9) that Shri Ram was born on ninth tithi of Chaitra month when the position of different planets vis-a-vis zodiac constellations and nakshatras (visible stars) were: i) Sun in Aries; ii) Saturn in Libra; iii) Jupiter in Cancer; iv) Venus in Pisces; v) Mars in Capricorn; vi) Lunar month of Chaitra; vii) Ninth day after no moon; viii) Lagna as Cancer (cancer was rising in the east); ix) Moon on the Punarvasu (Gemini constellation & Pllux star); x) Day time (around noon).

This data, was fed into the software. The results indicated that this was exactly the location of planets/stars in the noon of January 10, 5114 BC. Thus Shri Ram was born on January 10, 5114 BC (7117 years back). As per the Indian calendar it was the ninth day of Shukla Paksha in Chaitra month and the time was around 12 to 1 noontime. This is exactly the time and date when Ram Navmi is celebrated all over India.

Shri Ram was born in Ayodhya. This fact can be ascertained from several books written by Indian and foreign authors before and after the birth of Christ - Valmiki Ramayan, Tulsi Ramayan, Kalidasa's Raghuvansam, Baudh and Jain literature, etc. These books have narrated in great detail the location, rich architecture and beauty of Ayodhya which had many palaces and temples built all over the kingdom. Ayodhya was located on the banks of the Saryu river with Ganga and Panchal Pradesh on one side and Mithila on the other side. Normally 7,000 years is a very long period during which earthquakes, storms, floods and foreign invasions change the course of rivers, destroy the towns/buildings and alter the territories. Therefore, the task of unearthing the facts is monumental. The present Ayodhya has shrunk in size and the rivers have changed their course about 40 km north/south.

Shri Ram went out of Ayodhya in his childhood (13th year as per Valmiki Ramayan) with Rishi Vishwamitra who lived in Tapovan (Sidhhashram). From there he went to Mithila, King Janaka's kingdom. Here he married Sita after breaking Shiv Dhanusha. Researchers have gone along the route adopted by Shri Ram as narrated in the Valmiki Ramayan and found 23 places which have memorials that commemorate the events related to the life of Shri Ram. These include Shringi Ashram, Ramghat, Tadka Van, Sidhhashram, Gautamashram, Janakpur (now in Nepal), Sita Kund, etc. Memorials are built for great men and not for fictitious characters.

Date of exile of Shri Ram: It is mentioned in Valmiki Ramayan's Ayodhya Kand (2/4/18) that Dashratha wanted to make Shri Ram the king because Sun, Mars and Rahu had surrounded his nakshatra, and normally under such planetary configuration the king dies or becomes a victim of conspiracies. Dashratha's zodiac sign was Pisces and his nakshatra was Rewati. This planetary configuration was prevailing on the January 5, 5089 BC, and it was on this day that Shri Ram left Ayodhya for 14 years of exile. Thus, he was 25 years old at that time (5114-5089). There are several shlokas in Valmiki Ramayan which indicate that Shri Ram was 25-years-old when he left Ayodhya for exile.

Valmiki Ramayan refers to the solar eclipse at the time of war with Khardushan in later half of 13th year of Shri Ram's exile. It is also mentioned it was amavasya day and Mars was in the middle. When this data was entered, the software indicated that there was a solar eclipse on October 7, 5077 BC, (amavasya day) which could be seen from Panchvati. The planetary configuration was also the same - Mars was in the middle, on one side were Venus and Mercury and on the other side were Sun and Saturn. On the basis of planetary configurations described in various other chapters, the date on which Ravana was killed works out to be December 4, 5076 BC, and Shri Ram completed 14 years of exile on January 2, 5075 BC, and that day was also Navami of Shukla Paksha in Chaitra month. Thus Shri Ram had come back to Ayodhya at the age of 39 (5114-5075).

A colleague, Dr Ram Avtar, researched on places visited by Shri Ram during his exile, and sequentially moved to the places stated as visited by Shri Ram in the Valmiki Ramayan, starting from Ayodhya he went right upto Rameshwaram. He found 195 places which still have the memorials connected to the events narrated in the Ramayana relating to the life of Shri Ram and Sita. These include Tamsa Tal (Mandah), Shringverpur (Singraur), Bhardwaj Ashram (situated near Allahabad), Atri Ashram, Markandaya Ashram (Markundi), Chitrakoot, Pamakuti (on banks of Godavari), Panchvati, Sita Sarovar, Ram Kund in Triambakeshwar near Nasik, Shabari Ashram, Kishkindha (village Annagorai), Dhanushkoti and Rameshwar temple.

(The writer is a Commissioner of Income Tax posted at Delhi. )

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Lord Ram was for real
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 06:12:55 PM »

Dear prasanth,

Nice post.  Sri Rama's horoscope is one of the rarest, where almost all planets are in exaltation.  He is born of Surya Vamsa.  Hence, the Sun is in Aries [exaltaion], Moon is in Cancer which is Moon's own house. Saturn is in Tula or Libra, where it is exalted again.  Sukara, Venus is in Pisces where it is again exalted.  Mars is in Makara, capricorn, which is again exalted. His so called sufferings like losing Sita etc., came due to Gochara or planetary movements and not due to his birth chart.  Gochara guides prarabdha. So it was destined to him to lose Sita and regain her.  Again the same gochara made him suspect her fidelity on account of some villager's remarks in Ayodhya and she was lost for ever him.  But these are all pageants.

Sri Rama was ever the Lord of the Universe. He is a great Siva Jnani. Siva is Rama priya.  There is no difference between them.
All the happenings in his life were all pageants for the sake of people who should read his story and emulate him as Purushottama.

In this context, I read one poem, original in Kannada and translated
in English, and published in the Hindu dated 8th April 2011. This poem depicts the parama-karunyaa, the great compassion of Sri
Rama. [Author: H.S. Venkatesha Murthy.]

SHREE SAMSARI

No where will you get see Lord Rama being worshipped alone,
Go see for yourself in any Rama Temple of any place,
See the picture that adorns the wall of any home,
Rama never comes alone to the altar of worship.

Sita on the left, Lakshmana on the right, at his feet is
  Hanumantha,
In some pictures there is brother Shatrughna posing with a fan,
Bharata stands behind with the umbrella,
Vibhishana-Jambhava-King Sugreeva.

In some pictures there is Mandavi, Urmila and the smiling
   Shrutakeerthi!
Rama s a Joint Family. Brothers, sisters-in-law, mothers
The helpers and servers are also revered.
Friends as well.
Lanka, Kishkinda - the hills and forests are all a part of Ayodhya,
In Rama puja, Aryans, Dravidians and the Advivasis also have a
   share!

The shutterbug couched under a black veil,
  grumbled in hushed tones,
"Get the bow off your shoulder, my Lord, there is place
  for yet another!"
In flash Sethurama remembered the little sand carrier squirrel!
He meditated: Next instant the squirrel was perched on his
   shoulder!."

Sri Rama Jayam.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 06:16:47 PM »
very nice post Subramanian garu.

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:39:15 PM »
Prasanthji and subramanian sir,

what an excellent post! so much information with such clarity!

Prasanthji, its the first time am reading of sri rama's horoscope and its details. It recently proves his existence and the happening of ramayana. Its no "mythical" story after all..

Subramanian sir, do you also take interest in astrology? You seem to have deep interest and knowledge on the subject..

Many thanks for the post..

Ramanarpamastu

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »

Dear S.Lakshmi,

Recently in 2008-2009., Dr. Gayatri Devi Vasudev, niece of Dr. B.V.
Ramana has calculated the exact date of Sri Bhagavan's self
realization in Madurai house, through planetary investigations.
I am not nowdays writing any original post. It has been stopped after my 6000th post as per Sri Bhagavan's Will.  If you are curious, I shall write some brief details when asked.

Arunachala Siva. 

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »
Subramanian sir,

sir, why have chosen to discontinue with your posts?!

Ramanarpamastu

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 07:37:22 PM »

Dear SLakshmi,

After 6000 posts, it was Bhagavan's Will which came to my mind that I should stop all original posts.  Thereafter, I am only responding to others' posts.  This also, if Sri Bhagavan's Wills, I should stop.

Arunachala Siva.   

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 10:44:58 AM »
Sir,

I find it very hard to digest this news! You have been THE most important contributor, rather the sole nuturer of this forum. How can you simply stop sir? The work that you've been doing all this while has brought such immense encouragment, knowlegde, understanding and above all the joy of reading not only bhagavan's teachings but also of other texts and life in general. Sir, with your decision to withdraw from your contributions to this forum, you will be depriving immature and utter stupid mortal souls like myself from gaining from your vast repetoire of knowledge and wisdom..

I humbly ask you, if not to contribute on any further new posts, but atleast to reply and answer to all our queries and just be there for us through the forum..

I cannot see the forum continue without your active presence within the community. I shall be deeply grateful if you could please accept this small request..

-------------

Ramanarpamastu

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »
Sir,

Although I was out of "active participation" from the forum for sometime, i never stopped from reading your regular postings in the community. I also know of people who having discontinued the forum, continue reading and appreciating all posts with deep interest. I didnt have anything new to contribute and really the will to write anything new, but that did not stop me from keeping in touch with the forum and reading new posts everyday!

Also, if you see sir, apart from prasanthji and yourself, we really dont have as many active participants to keep it alive. The forum is like visiting a temple or ramanasramam. It has become a sacred shrine for bhagavan devotees who wish to learn and "unlearn" a lot of things..

Sir, as much as I appreciate the fact that its a hugely difficult decision for yourself, as a senior and a theevra bhakta of ramana, it is onto you to spread awareness and knowledge of bhagavan's teachings...we look upto you for the same...

Ramanarpamastu

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

Dear SLakshmi,

Responses will be sent by me, until Sri Bhagavan wills it otherwise.
Do not worry now.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
Dear Hari,

Forget about the years. Lord Rama is real for those who realizes that He is Real. Adams Bridge was built when Lord Rama
and others had to cross over to Lanka. This again is real only for those who trusts that this is real. Lord Rama is not bothered
about either of these.

Incidentaly, Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni had done some research and had found out that Sri Rama lived about 8000 years ago,
vide his incomplete book Kala Nirnayam.

Arunachala Siva. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
Here is the horoscope of Sri Rama as given in Valmiki Ramayana:

On completion of the ritual six seasons have passed by and then in the twelfth month, on the ninth day of chaitra month [April-May,] when the presiding deity of ruling star of the day is Aditi, where the ruling star of day is punarvasu, the asterism is in the ascendant, and when five of the nine planets viz., Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus are at their highest position, when Jupiter with Moon is ascendant in Cancer, and when day is advancing, then Queen Kausalya gave birth to a son with all the divine attributes like lotus-red eyes, lengthy arms, roseate lips, voice like drumbeat, and who took birth to delight the Ikshwaku dynasty, who is adored by all the worlds, and who is the greatly blessed epitome of Vishnu, namely Rama. [1-18-8, 9, 10, 11]

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:09 AM »
Dear Hari,

Forget about the years. Lord Rama is real for those who realizes that He is Real. Adams Bridge was built when Lord Rama
and others had to cross over to Lanka. This again is real only for those who trusts that this is real. Lord Rama is not bothered
about either of these.

Incidentaly, Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni had done some research and had found out that Sri Rama lived about 8000 years ago,
vide his incomplete book Kala Nirnayam.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramaniam Sir

Kanndasan has already mentioned this in one of his film songs :
"Deivam enral athu deivam , Silai enral verum silai than ,
Undu enral athil undu  ,illai enral athul illai "

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »
Friends

What does the word "real" mean here ? Per dictionary is means - "Actually existing or occurring in fact". If that is the meaning, then there is only ONE THING REAL which is WITHOUT A SECOND.

Sanjay.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:58:18 AM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 12:00:44 PM »
Real - meaning changes from the plane, which we see. From ordinary plane of existence, Lord Rama was real means, he existed in flesh and blood like us and also died like everybody. In more deeper, Bhakti and Jnana plane Rama is Real means, He is ever existent God, who is invoked and worshiped and his glory is praised as He is Real. In even deeper plane of Jnana, intense Bhakti, Rama is Real means Rama is the Satyam, He is the Self, and all the quotes that we over use here ;) about Atma Brahman and so on.

my thoughts!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta