Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 325840 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #1560 on: December 17, 2015, 12:43:50 AM »
156.  A man is not advised to contemplate 'I am Brahman (the Absolute)', 'I am Brahman'.  Does a man keep on thinking 'I am a man', 'I am a man?'  He is that, and except when a doubt arises as to whether he is an animal or a tree, there is no need for him to assert, 'I am a man.'

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 18, 2015, 12:41:09 AM »
157.  Self is Self.  Brahman (the Absolute) exists as 'I am' in every thing and every being.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 21, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »
158. Whatever path one may choose, the 'I' is inescapable, the 'I' that does the nishkama karma (action done without a selfish motive), the 'I' that pines for joining the Lord from whom it feels it has been separated, the 'I' that feels it has slipped from its real nature, and so on. The source of this 'I' must be found out.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 22, 2015, 12:58:03 AM »
159. Whereas all paths are approved in the Bhagavad Gita (an allegorical section of an ancient Hindu epic, the Gita emphasizes selfless action), it says that the jnani (Realized One)is the best karma yogi (practitioner of selfless action), the best devotee or bhakta, the highest yogi (spiritual practitioner) and so on.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 23, 2015, 01:00:38 AM »
160. God is of course necessary for most people. They can go on with one, till they find out that they and God are not different.
>

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 24, 2015, 01:06:32 AM »
161. If one cannot believe in God, it does not matter. I suppose he believes in himself, in his own existence. Let him find out the source from which he came.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 25, 2015, 12:41:06 AM »
162. Adversity will make a materialist feel that there is a power beyond his control, upsetting his plans. Then, he will begin with rituals, ceremonial worship, and through 'japa' (repetition of sacred word/syllable), 'kirtan' (devotional song), 'dhyana' (contemplation), go on to 'vichara' (Self-Inquiry).

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 28, 2015, 01:03:16 AM »
163.  All karma of whatever kind will lead to fresh bondage.  The Guru who prescribes fresh karma or action of any sort, i.e., rituals or sacrifices to one who, after trying various karmas (actions) comes to him for peace, is both Brahma (the creator god) and Yama (god of death) to the disciple, i.e., he only creates fresh births and deaths.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 29, 2015, 12:32:21 AM »
164.  He wants to know how to turn the mind from sense enjoyments and realize that bliss which is said to be so much above sense-enjoyments. There is only one way, making the mind merge in That which is no sense-enjoyment. As you concentrate on That, the sense attractions will fall of their own accord.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 29, 2015, 05:53:55 AM »
Dear sir.                                                                                              How to make the mind merge in desire.  The mind tells so many tricks plus and minus. Examples.      "                                     ramanaduli

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 30, 2015, 12:54:16 AM »
165.  We have not got to attain bliss.  We are bliss.  Bliss is another name for us.  It is our nature.  All that we have to do is to turn the mind, withdraw it from the sense objects every time it goes towards them, and fix it in the Self.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 31, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
166.  Death is also another name for us.  For what is death but giving up the body.  Our real nature is to be without body.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 01, 2016, 09:22:15 AM »
167.  At Sri Aurobindo Ashram, complete surrender is advised and insisted upon before anything further could be hoped for or attained.  So, do it first.  I also advise it.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 04, 2016, 12:46:51 AM »
168. 'I exist' is known beyond all dispute by all men. So let us know who that 'I' is.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 05, 2016, 12:34:56 AM »
169.  In reality, saying  'We must see Brahman in everything and everywhere' is also not quite correct.  Only that stage is final, where there is no seeing, where there is no time or space.  There will be no seer, seeing, nor an object to see.  What exists then is only the infinite eye.