Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 319981 times)

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #555 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »
Dear sir,

To see the objects in the darkness we need light and in the day, with the help of sun we can see things. We can see the objects with the help of outer light. But inside of our body, we can feel pain and pleasure with the help of some light. The inner light only says, "I do not know this matter and I know this matter". Is not it? It is in built in our system. Every one has this inner light. They say, it is knowledge i.e. gynanam. For this gynanam there must be basic which must be ever. Bhagavan says it is KANNUKKU KANNAI, ARIVIKKU ARIVAI. So that everlasting light or knowledge is every where and all are having.

ramanaduli

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 28, 2012, 10:59:20 AM »
Q: I cannot go within sufficiently deeply.

M: It is wrong to say that. Where are you now, if not in the Self? Where can you go? All that is necessary is the stern belief that you are the Self. It is better to say that the other activities throw a veil over you.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 29, 2012, 01:52:26 AM »
Q: People taking up meditation are said to be prone to illness. At any rate, I feel some pain. They say it is a test of God. Is this true?

M: There is no Bhagavan outside you and no test is therefore instituted. What you believe to be a test or a new disease as a result of spiritual practices is really the strain that is now put on your nerves and the five senses. The mind, which was hitherto operating through the nadis (a channel through which energy flows) in order to sense external objects, and had thus maintained a link between itself and the organs of perception etc., is now required to withdraw from the link. This action of withdrawal may naturally cause strain, a sprain attendant with pain. If you continue your meditation, your one thought being on understanding yourself or Self-realization, all these will go. There is no greater remedy than this continuous yoga or union with God or Atman.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »
Dear prasanth,

This is one of the beautiful explanations of Sri Bhagavan from Talks.

We do not feel strain in our office work. We do not feel strain in our carrying our little children on our shoulders.
We do not feel strain in walking and other sports activities. But only in meditation, we feel all strain. This is one way,
the mind's trick to avoid meditation, so that it can play with us.

Arunachala Siva.       

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 02, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »
Q: How should we meditate?

M: All you need learn is just to close your eyes and turn inwards.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 02, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
Dear prasanth,

It is a beautiful answer. Sri Bhagavan simply says: Close your eyes and turn the mind inwards.  The inward turning of the
mind is very difficult. The inward turned mind, if it is successful, would become quiescent and merge with the Light that is
Brahman. Sri Bhagavan did not say what will you experience with inward turned mind. It all depends on one's own efforts.

Sri Bhagavan says this succinctly in two verses in AAMM:

43, Reveal naturally by Yourself, O Arunachala, that each one is himself, the real Self.

44. How is it, O Arunachala, you told me 'Turn and look within and ever seek the Self with the inner eye and you
     will see It?

Arunachala Siva.     

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 03, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »
yes bhagavan is apt and straight forward with his answers.

he often said people want complex routes to achieve realisation and turn blind eye when said about simple and straight forward ones.  :)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 03, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
Q: Why are there so many methods of practice mentioned? For instance, Sri Ramakrishna says that bhakti (devotion) is the best means for gaining mukti. (liberation).

M: It depends on the aspirant. Krishna begins by saying (Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 2, 12), "Never was there a time when I did not exist nor thou nor these kings of men. Never will there be a time hereafter when any of us shall cease to be. Because that which is unreal never exists. The unreal never is, the Real never is not. All that ever was, even now is and will ever be." Later on Krishna continued (Chapter 4, 1), "1 taught this truth to Vivasvan, he taught it to Manu etc." Arjuna asked, "How can it be? You were born a few years ago. They lived ages ago." Then Krishna, understanding Arjuna's standpoint, answered (Chapter 4,4), "Many a birth have I passed through, Oh Arjuna and so hast thou. I know them all, but thou knowest not thine. I'll tell you what happened in those past births." Look, that Krishna who began by saying there was not 1, nor wert thou, nor these kings, says now that he had several births before. But Krishna is not contradicting himself, although it appears that way. He conforms to the outlook of Arjuna and speaks to him from his level. There is a parallel passage in the Bible, in which Jesus says that he had taught the truth to Abraham and Abraham to Moses and so on. The teachings of the sages are suited to the time, place and other surroundings.

There are two ways open to us; bhaki (devotion) and jnana (knowledge of the Self). A bhakta surrenders to God and rests secure in His protection. A jnani knows that there is nothing beside the Self and so remains happy. One must adhere firmly to either of these courses.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 03, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »
Dear prasanth,

Yes. In bhakti, the aspirant is submissive to God and in due course surrenders his ego.
In  Jnana, the aspirant surrenders or kills the ego first and then remains submissive.

Arunachala Siva. 

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 04, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »
Q: When we fall from the path what should we do?

M: All will be well in the end. There is a steady determination that gets you on your feet again after a fall or break. Gradually the obstacles get weaker and your current gets stronger. Every-thing comes right in the end. Steady determination is what is required.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 04, 2012, 02:37:52 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
"In bhakti, the aspirant is submissive to God and in due course surrenders his ego.
In  Jnana, the aspirant surrenders or kills the ego first and then remains submissive."

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

This is, in my view, a beautiful insight.
Thank you so much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 05, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
Q: When we fall from the path what should we do?

M: All will be well in the end. There is a steady determination that gets you on your feet again after a fall or break. Gradually the obstacles get weaker and your current gets stronger. Every-thing comes right in the end. Steady determination is what is required.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Leaves me with a nice feeling after I read above quote Prasanth garu. Thanks !!.
Ofcourse,its not that it gives me a license to fall,  but gives motivation to get up every time I fall

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 06, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
Q: The tendencies distract me. Can they be cast off?

M: Yes. Others have done it, so believe it can be done! They did so because they believed they could. It can be done by concentration on That which is free from predispositions and yet is their core.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 07, 2012, 01:26:41 AM »
A devotee was feeling despondent.
M: The question must be put, "Who is despondent?" It is the phantom of the ego which falls prey to such thoughts. In sleep the person is not afflicted. The sleep state is the normal one. Inquire and find out. Does one not find some kind of peace in meditation? That is a sign of progress; that peace will be deeper and more prolonged with continued practice. It will also lead to the goal.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 07, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
Dear prasanth,

Yes. The Self is eternal and is not born nor will it die.  It is the mind which sprouts from the Self does all the mischief,
thinking about reincarnation, births and deaths.

Wolter Kiers writes: If you go and tell your grocer or baker, that you are unborn, eternal and are not going to die,
in all proababilty, the grocer or the baker will call the police to arrest me.

To understand the eternal nature of Self and remain still is Atma Jnanam.

Arunachala Siva.