Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 319988 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear prasanth,

I agree with you. The merits are carried over to the next birth.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
The Maharshi asked his attendant for a small notebook, but the latter could not find a suitable one. A couple of days later, Mr. Nambiar, a local government engineer, visited the Ashram and produced a fine notebook saying, "Maharshi appeared to me in a dream and asked for a notebook of this size, so I have brought one." The Maharshi took it with a smile. Later, he used it to write a Malayalam translation of Rama Gita, which was printed by Nambiar at his own cost.

M: People run the course of their samskaras (mental impressions). When taught that they are the Self, the teaching affects the mind and the imagination runs riot. Their occult experiences are only according to their imagination of the state, "I am the Self." But when a person is ripe, and the mind is about to be sunk into the Heart, the instruction given works in a flash and the person realizes the Self, otherwise there is struggle.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Occultism, theosophy and so on are circuitous routes to the same goal. Ultimately their followers will arrive at the Self, though their leaders do not teach the meditation on the Self. Meditation on the Self is the quickest, most direct and right route to realization. The Upanishads declare, "That which sees not, hears not, thinks not, that is the Infinite." Those who listen for sounds or meditate on the sound of Aum, are meditating on hearing something, when the Infinite itself cannot be heard. It is the same with those occult groups that are developing psychic visions, clairvoyance, chakra-centers (energy-centers in the body), etc. They are trying to see forms, when the Reality is not to be seen. They are making for the same goal, but they are wandering around to get there. In vichara (inquiry into the true Self) there is no attempt to see or hear the Real, but only to realize it. The meditation on the Self is the straight, short and direct path, which does not concern itself with planes and degrees.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Just as in a school there are different classes, lower grades and higher grades, so these occult, psychic and mantric systems represent lower grades. The highest class in the school of life is that devoted to vichara, (inquiry into the true Self). This is practically the same as jnana yoga (knowledge of Self). It is a matter of maturity.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
The main object or central teaching of systems like the Vedas is that Brahman is real and that the world and all other things are unreal. But all sorts of aspirants have to be appealed to, the dull and the sharp alike. To enable the dull to follow the central teaching, a graded cosmogony is given: Brahman begetting prakriti, (nature) followed by mahat-tattvam (the projected light of the Absolute Consciousness manifesting as ego) and then the tanmatras (the subtle basic qualities of the five elements [sight, smell, etc.]), the elements, the world and the body in succession. To the sharp intelligence of other aspirants the Vedas say that it is by the clouding of the Self by avarana, or a covering of ignorance, that this dream-like illusory or phenomenal world appears. In reality the Self is not covered. It only appears to be covered to the eye of those who believe that they are the body.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
The theory of evolution, the philosophies of planes and degrees, the systems of spirit descending into matter and evolving back, the idea of the self developing towards perfection -- all these things are for spiritually uncultured, materially-minded people, but for the advanced, these thoughts are discarded. The former keep the mind tied to form and object, which are false from the highest standpoint. Similarly, theosophy talks of evolving selves. How can that be? The true Self is infinite, formless, beyond time and hence beyond evolution, it cannot grow to perfection because it is already perfect, free, boundless. But theosophy and such systems may be useful in the beginning for those who think "I am the body," or "I am this person." Other minds do not need them.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Forms which interfere with the main current of meditation should not be allowed to distract the mind. Bring yourself back into the Self, the witness, unconcerned with such distractions. This is the only way to deal with such interruptions. Never forget yourself. Psychic and occult teachings are kindergarten. They are half-truths. Realize the whole Truth that you are free now, and be free!

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
The intellect is the astral body, and is only an aggregate of certain factors. What else is the astral body? In fact, without intellect no kosha (sheath enshrining the soul) is cognized. Who says that there are five koshas? Is it not the intellect itself?

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Dear Devotees,

What is that Silence which is beyond talking and non-talking? It is not the negation of speech but the Pure Awareness, Absolute Consciousness, which is the Source of all sound.

Lord Sri Arunachala is the Embodiment of the Stillness of Awareness and Sri Bhagwan embodied the same Principle. Like Sri Arunachala, He also was ‘Achala’ who never moved away from It, from the day He arrived in His sixteenth year till He merged in 1950. As the Sacred Hill is rooted in the Silence of the Pure Awareness, so is Sri Bhagwan rooted in the Silence of the Self. The Hill draws devotees to Itself, Sri Bhawan also draws devotees to Himself. He drew devotees in His life-time and they are being drawn to Him and the Sacred Hill even now when He is not physically present.

It is well known that Sri Bhagwan appealed to humanity at large through His potent Silence. Yes, that Silence, like the Silence of the Sacred Hill, is more potent than the eloquence of the preachers galore. It brought and still brings about silence of the devotees’ mind. THERFORE, SRI BHAGWAN’S SILENCE IS THE PURE CONSCIOUSNESS OR AWARENESS WHICH IS THE SOURCE OF ALL SOUND.
Devotees go round the Hill and experience calm and peace. Although Sri Bhagwan is said to have discouraged this practice, going round Sri Bhagwan is thought to be equal to going round the Sacred Hill. AND DEVOTEES NOW GO ROUND HIS SAMADHI AND EXPERIENCE THE SAME CALM AND PEACE.

Lord Sri Arunachala brings enlightenment by ending the body illusion or the ‘dehatma budhi’.SRI BHAGWAN TOO BRINGS ENLIGHTENMENT BY ENDING THE ILLUSION THAT THE BODY IS ONESELF.

Sri Arunachala is Lord Shiva embodied. SRI BHAGWAN IS SHIVANANDA EMBODIED.

DO WE NOT EXPERIENCE HIS PRESENCE AS WE SIT IN HIS ASHRAM OR WALK ROUND THE SACRED HILL OR WHEN WE INVOKE HIS PRESENCE WHEREEVER WE ARE ?   

Thank you,
  Anil

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
There is no time sequence in true spiritual development. You are spiritual here and now. Do not trap yourself in mental cages of planes of existence, degrees of growth, states of being, etc. Do not embrace these false limitations. You are the spiritual Self. Be That.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Dear sir,

Sometimes the ego may over lap us and lazy. At least in beginning we should bow to our guru.

Ramanaduli

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Dear Udai ji,

Thanks for explaining. I thought, bowing to guru or god, seems I am nothing in front of you. Everything is yours grace.  We are all one but at the same time we cannot act as our guru.

Ramanaduli

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
:) Dear Prashant,

one should always bow to one's guru. but not with an attitude that iam less u r greater. but rather, with an attitude that thanks for making me understand i am u and u r me!

very well said and i completly agree with you. you are always very clear in terms of understanding the truth :)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
What is meditation? It is to think about one thing (only). Therefore, in meditation try to hold onto one thought, and all the other thoughts will gradually go away. They may be present for some time, but if you resolutely hold on to your single thought, they will not trouble you. Our minds are weak through habit, unable to concentrate. We must make the mind strong so as to keep to one thought.

swayam

• View Profile
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

This does not in any way stop one from bowing to guru. one should always bow to one's guru. but not with an attitude that iam less u r greater. but rather, with an attitude that thanks for making me understand i am u and u r me!

I think initially one should have the attitude of you are great , iam less. This  makes a seeker to look upto guru with a sense of awe and this sense of awe(attraction) is the one which binds and helps a seeker in keeping the general raaga and dwesha away.
To cultivate this sense of awe and sustain it through out is achieved by repeated reading of the life histories of mahatmas which contain their teachings and leelas.

Once you are established in the above stage and one will be achieving the maturity of
attitude that thanks for making me understand i am u and u r me!

Right from the day one, one will not have this attitude or maturity, isnt it ?

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya