Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 296197 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
Q: I have wanted to commit adultery.

M: It is better to stick to your wife.

Q: I am carried away by the sight of my young neighbors breasts and often tempted to commit adultery with her. What shall I do?

M: You are always pure. It is your senses and body which tempt you and which you confuse with your real Self. So first know who is tempted and who is there to tempt. But even if you do commit adultery, do not think about it afterwards, because you yourself are always pure. You are not the sinner.

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »

M:  But even if you do commit adultery, do not think about it afterwards, because you yourself are always pure. You are not the sinner.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Hmm, in that case I might end up doing the same mistake again and again, by taking advantage of above statement.
So when will I change then, I will go into a whirlpool of one mistake after the other isn't it.

Just trying to understand what Bhagavan really intended in above statement.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:15:50 PM by swayam »

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 31, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »
Q: How can we combine spiritual and worldly life?

M: There is only one experience. What are worldly experiences but those built up on the false 'I'?

Q: Worldly life is very distracting.

M: Do not allow yourself to be distracted! Find out for whom there is distraction. It will not bother you after a little practice.

Q: But even the attempt is impossible.

M: Do it and you will not find it so difficult.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:15 AM »
Q: So it amounts to this: I should always look within.

M: Yes.

Q: Should I not see the world at all?

M: You are not instructed to shut your eyes to the world. If you consider yourself to be the body, the world appears as external. If you are the Self, the world appears as Brahman.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 01, 2012, 11:53:31 PM »
Q: What about toothache?

M: The pain is in the mind. What happens to the toothache during sleep? Do you feel the pain then? No. Well, in the Self you are always in happiness.

Q: The Christian Science healings are on the same principle.

M: Yes, and similar results are also obtained by will-power. Will and the Self are the same. Think of the Self despite the mosquitoes, or toothache. It needs strength, but one must be a hero to gain realization.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 02, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »
Dear prasanth,

Yes. Atma Vidya is not for the weak minded.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 03, 2012, 10:01:29 AM »
Q: Is it necessary to give up worldly desires?

M: Why do we desire? Inquire. If you find no real happiness in your desires, then your mind will not be attracted to them. However, subconscious tendencies may tempt you there, but you will return.

Why do you want the life of freedom? The fact that you crave it implies that you are bound. But really you are ever free. Know that Self, and desires will fall away of their own accord. Bring all desires and thoughts to one point within; that is realization. Mind should be still. The bee buzzes noisily around the flower seeking honey. When it finds it, it is silent and still. So it is with a persons soul, which is seeking by desires the one true honey.

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2012, 09:27:20 AM »

M:  But even if you do commit adultery, do not think about it afterwards, because you yourself are always pure. You are not the sinner.

Hmm, in that case I might end up doing the same mistake again and again, by taking advantage of above statement.
So when will I change then, I will go into a whirlpool of one mistake after the other isn't it.

Just trying to understand what Bhagavan really intended in above statement.

My question is yet to be answered  :(

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
Dear Swayam,

Bhagavan simplys says, to stop brooding about past and worrying about the future and stick and utilize the to the present moment consciously for only this moment is reality. This moment is free of any sins and karma.

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
Dear sir,

Whenever we do karma we get bound to face sins. That is why saints say we have to be very careful to choose the karma and have to do without any expectation. All human beings are get confused in this karma theory.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »
Dear swayam,

When Sri Bhagavan says, 'Even if you commit an adultery, do not keep thinking about it for ever.' 
What does it mean? Is it a licence to do it again and again? No. Once you stop thinking about the act
after it was done for the first time, where is the question of doing it in the second time?  How can you
do it once the thinking of it is stopped?  Thoughts are the enemy. Doership and enjoyership are the enemies.
The first act of adultery may be due to a rush of lust and desire.   After stopping the thought about it, how can
you do it again?

Dear ramanaduli,

About Karmas, Sri Bhagavan said a few things:

1. Do it without the sense of doership. That is, when the ego is not there, then karmas can be done since all fruits are
also submitted to God.

2. Do it without the enjoyership, bhogtrartvam. That means even the fruits of it, you should take it with out feeling the ego.

3. If one could stop karmas altogether, it is the finest thing.
    This is the state of akarma.

4. A brahma jnani can do any karmas because he has no ego.

5. Simple acts of eating food and drinking water or coffee are not karmas in the real sense. It is demanded by the prakriti
(nature) and so you do it. Even body does karma like digesting the food, urination and excretion. These are also demands
of prakriti.

Arunachala Siva.     

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »

Nagaraj Sir and Subramanian Sir

Thank your for your clarification.

After stopping the thought about it, how can you do it again?

Well its not so easy to control bad thoughts be it adultery or be it something else. So I will not do it again only I am successful in stopping
the thought once for all. I think whenever it arises again and again, I think one should use Brahmastra of Bhagavan - "who is getting the thought"  :) , but does this kind of questioning work always. One should have mountains of persistence to keep questioning oneself like that.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 05, 2012, 11:43:33 AM »
Dear swayam,

your attitude makes sense and hope you succeed.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 06, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »
Once the Maharshi noticed Mr. G. sitting in his rocking chair.

M: What a cause for anxiety in such luxuries! If someone else takes that seat the owner will not be happy about it. Is rocking really so pleasant? It is simply a wasteful thought of pleasure! Siva gave all his possessions to Vishnu and wandered away in forests, cemeteries and the wilderness, living off food he had begged. In his view, non-possession is higher on the scale of happiness than possessions. The higher happiness is to be free from anxieties

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 07, 2012, 10:02:32 AM »
Q: Am I worthy to be a devotee?

M: Everyone can be a devotee. Spiritual food is common to all and never denied to anyone.