Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 291831 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2011, 09:56:06 AM »
89. Bhagavan: Now I put a question to you. When a man with luggage gets into a railway carriage, where does he keep it?

Devotee: He keeps it in his compartment or in the luggage car.

90. Bhagavan: So he does not carry his luggage upon his head or in his lap?

Devotee: None but a fool would do so.

Bhagavan: If you call him a fool who keeps it on his head, a thousand times more foolish is it to bear your burden when you get into spiritual life, whether it is vichara-marga (the path of knowledge), or bhaki-marga (the path of devotion)?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »

Sri Bhagavan says in Verse 9 of Padigam:

O Lord Supreme, I am the first among those who lack the supreme wisdom to clasp your Feet in freedom from attachment.
Ordain that my burden should not more be mine, but yours, for what can be a burden for you, the all sustainer?
Lord Sypreme, I have had enough of carrying this world upon my head, parted from you.
Arunachala, think no more of keeping me away from your Feet.\

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 24, 2011, 10:07:31 AM »
91. Question: But can I throw off all my responsibilities, all my commitments?

Bhagavan: Now, look at the temple tower (Gopuram). There are many statues in it, and there is a big statue, one in each corner. Have you seen them? Well, do you think the statues support the temples entrance?

92. Devotee: When you speak like that, it would be as foolish as to think those statues also support the tall towers as well.

Bhagavan: Yes. Likewise, the Lord of the Universe carries the entire burden of this world. You imagine you do. You can hand all your burdens over to His care. Whatever you have to do, you will be made an instrument for doing it at the right time. Do not think you cannot do it unless you have the desire to do it. Desire does not give you the strength for doing. The entire strength is the Lord's.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
93. Question: Am I to understand that you are giving me the essence of Karma Yoga (the way of action)?

Bhagavan: It is the essence of Karma Yoga (the path of action), of Bhakti Yoga (the way of devotion), even of Jnana Yoga (the path of knowledge or wisdom); for even though the paths may differ in the beginning, they all eventually lead to this same position.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
94. Question: How is sadbuddhi (Pure Intellect) to be steadily kept up?

Bhagavan: All living beings are aware of their surroundings; and, therefore, intellect must be surmised in all of them. At the same time, there is a difference between the intellect of man and that of other animals because man not only sees the world as it is and acts accordingly, but also seeks fulfillment of desires. He extends his vision far and wide, and yet he turns away dissatisfied. He then begins to think and reason out. The desire for permanency of happiness and for peace bespeaks such permanency of his own nature. Therefore, he seeks to find and regain his own nature, i.e., his Self. That found, all is found.

Such inward seeking is the path to be gained by man's intellect. The intellect itself realizes after continuous practice that it is enabled by some Higher Power to function. It cannot itself reach that Power. So it ceases to function after a certain stage. When it thus ceases to function, the Supreme Power is still left there all alone. That is Realization; that is the finality; and that is the goal. It is thus plain that the purpose of the intellect is to realize its own dependence on the Higher Power and its inability to reach the same.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
95. Question: What is Sat Sanga (Keeping Conscious Company or Association)

Bhagavan: Sat Sanga means only Self Sanga (association with the Self). Only those who cannot practice that, are to practice being in the company of Realized Beings, or sadhus (holy men)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »
96. Question: When does one get the company of a Satguru? (Spiritual Master living in Reality)

Bhagavan: The opportunity to be in the company of a Satguru comes effortlessly to those who have performed worship of God, japa (repetition of a name of God), tapas (burning off one's impurities by intense spiritual practice), pilgrimages, etc., for long periods in their previous births. There is a verse by Tayumanavar (a great Indian saint) which points out the same thing; "O Lord of the first and last, those who properly start the worship of idols, holy places, and sacred waters will meet the Satguru who will tell them the words of Truth."

Only he who has done plenty of nishkamya karmas (actions performed without any thought of a reward or consequence) in previous births will get abundant faith in the Guru. Having faith in the Guru's words, such a man will follow the path and reach the goal of liberation.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »
This confirms without any doubt that we should stick to our basics. Stick to ones own traditional roots. Keep doing the worships that has been traditionally done in ones family and do not give up any of those samskaras. That itself takes us nearer to our Sat Guru.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:23:43 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
well said nagaraj garu.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
97. Question: In the supplement to Ulladu Narpadu (a poem of forty-two verses, composed by Bhagavan in Tamil, which explains the nature of Reality and the means of discovering it), it is said that the look of a "Mahatma (great soul) is far more effective than any number of pilgrimages, worship, and other devotional practices." I have already stayed here for some months but I do not feel any change in myself. Why?

Bhagavan: The purification by the look of a Mahatma is not visible. Coal takes time to ignite, but charcoal is proportionately quicker, while gunpowder ignites immediately. So it is with men under the powerful influence of a jnani (a realized being).

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »

Dear prasanth,

Yes. It takes more time for devotees who are under prepared and not yet mature. One look was sufficient for Mastan Swami,
Wolter A. Keers, Satyamangalam Venkatrama Aiyar and a few others. For some it took more time. Ultimately every devotee who
surrenders or does self inquiry, reach the ocean ultimately, like the rivers, wherever they flow, to whatever distance they flow.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
98. Question: How can one have a vision of God?

Bhagavan: Seeing God implies that he is not there now but will come later, is it not? That which appears and disappears is not permanent. Can one place faith in that which is impermanent? Is it not better to abide in God, instead of merely seeing Him? Self-abidance is what one should seek, not visions. It is only when the ego is merged in its source, the Heart, that true knowledge of one's identity with God will dawn.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »
99. Question: The fact is that God guides us. Then what is the use of these instructions to people?

Bhagavan: They are for those who seek instructions. If you are firm in your belief in the guidance of God, stick to it, and do not concern yourself with what happens around you. Furthermore, there may be happiness or misery. Be equally indifferent to both and abide in the faith of God. That will be so only when one's faith is strong that God looks after all of us.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2011, 09:54:05 AM »
100. Question: Does not God work His Will through some chosen person?

Bhagavan: God is in all and works through all. But His presence is better recognized in purified minds. The pure ones reflect God's actions more clearly than the impure minds. Therefore, people say that they are the chosen ones. However, the "chosen" man does not himself say so. If he thinks that he is the intermediary, then it is clear that he retains his individuality and that there is not complete surrender.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 04, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »
101. Question: How is "I-I" consciousness felt?

Bhagavan: As an unbroken awareness of "I." It is simply consciousness. You are that even now. There will be no mistaking it, when pure.