Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 304464 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
68. Question: You often say that there is the real meaning of "I" in the Heart. What does it mean?

Bhagavan: Yes, when you go deeper within, you lose yourself as it were in the abysmal depths; then the Reality, which is the Self that was behind you all the while, takes hold of you. It is an incessant flash (or current) of I-consciousness, you can be aware of it, feel it, hear it, sense it, so to say; this is what I call the throb (or current) of the "I"-"I."

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2011, 11:03:01 AM »
Dear Prashant,

this feeling has to be Akala - timeless. We all only have glimpses i.e. bound by time, we have such feelings for just few seconds or minutes and then its lost.

we have to strive to achieve such abidance continues, for instance, when we sit to meditate, we sit with an intention already that I will mediate for 1 hour because after 1 hour I have to go to work, or after 1 hour I have to meet some person, etc...

there are 2 options -

• Either practice to continue the abidance even after 1 hour in our work or while meeting people constantly.
  • or complete renunciation of everything and practice to remain in absolute abidance.

It has to be continues, however depending the nature of the person. we have to strive for such continues tapas, non stop like aajya dhaaraya - continues flow of the ghee like a thread

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:06:25 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2011, 12:26:22 AM »
well said sir .

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »
69. Question: You said that the Atman (the Self) is immutable, self-effulgent, etc. But, if you speak at the same time of the incessant flash (or current) of I-consciousness, does that not imply movement, which cannot be complete realization in which there is no movement?

Bhagavan: What do you mean by complete realization? Does it mean becoming a stone, an inert mass? The thought "I," is different from that which says "I." The former is the activity of the ego, and is bound to lose itself and make way for the latter, which is an eternal expression of the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »

Dear prasanth,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan uses the word Aham two times in His first verse of AAMM.  The first Aham
is the Heart - Centre, the seat of the Self, the second Aham is the little I or ego. When a person
thinks I am Arunachala the Self, then his ego is removed root and branch.

Arunachala Siva. 

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »
70. Question: So far I understand. But what about the body? How could I feel this in the body?

Bhagavan: You can feel yourself as one with the One that exists: the whole body becomes a mere power, a force-current; your life becomes a needle drawn to a huge mass of magnet; and, as you go deeper and deeper, you become a mere center, and then not even that for you become mere consciousness.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
Dear sirs,

When there is a pain in our body, our attention goes to the body only, not for self or heart centre. It is possible once we reach the centre then we may forget our body.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »

Dear Ramanaduli,

It comes only by practice by turning our attention to the Self. Even
in ordinary life, we have seen. Suppose you have a toothache. You
are suffering.  Suddenly an affectionate  friend of yours comes to your
house, and she is talking to you nicely. During that half an hour, even
though toothache continues, you are not conscious of it. Is it not?
The same with attention to the Self, which is the most important thing.
When we turn our mind within and attend our Self, the body pain is
not there.

Arunachala Siva.   

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli ji & Subramanian Sir,

This topic is indiscernible really! All our knowledge on Reality goes for a complete toss when we have some ailments. Infact, this is the razor's test for anybody to verify where each one of us stands really!

This gives us a direct feedback, as in it shows me at least the level of my identification with my body.

The body pains when we recognize it as pain, remains, but the "recognition" makes it "bearable"

Like Subramanian Sir's example, I too have noticed that when I had a severe headache, sometimes when I am working and involved perfectly in it, the head ache itself had vanished what was a very bad ache initially.

Also, I have tried specially practicing Self Enquiry at that precise moments of dis-ease and I have noticed that common diseases like Headaches, common cold, body pain, fever etc... are put at ease and when the effort is sincere, the relief has been that much.

what doctors do is mainly give tranquilizers (allthough medicines have other drugs) they primarily induce one to sleep and by sleeping, the mind's coming in way is barred and the natural process is allowed to take over and unlike the popular belief, it isn't the medicines that is eventually healing one but ones own body itself heals itself, medicines just felicitate this to happen.If we are able to do it naturally, then we don't need much medication.

Another observation that struck me is that -

When we get fever, our body temperature raises. This is a natural response of our body to kill certain bacteria within our body and it is done so by increasing the temperature of our body. If we are able to recognise this, we can heal ourselves. There is a Natural Healing system within ourselves. If we are able to discern this with clarity, then we can avoid medicines for most of the issues of our body. Similarly, if we look within deeply, we can realise that what we call a 'diseases' in our body are actually a natural responses by itself (body) to protect itself. Rather we have to learn to co-operate with it instead of interfering with its natural process! Body itself is part of Prakruti (nature)

Body is our Prarabdha. Its a luggage we have to carry till the body reaches its destination (Not us, for we don't have any destination) :) ! Its a responsibility that we cant  reject, its rather thrust on us due to our past karmas.

We can Heal ourselves! Or we can say, the body can heal itself :)  Let it be.

With Proper Discernment, it only means complete Sharanagati or completely surrendering to the will of God which itself is allowing the natural process.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:24:03 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2011, 09:59:54 AM »
Dear nagaraj ji and subramanian garu,

it is impossible to forget all body pains and rather it will be practical to say that we need to try as best as we can incase of not having attachment to our body.

Incase of bhagavan himself he showed both ways i.e he had unberable tooth pain and had some doctor to treat him and pay 300Rs per day but again we have seen when it comes to his end he suffered lot of pain and had the courage to smile.

Even in that case we cannot rule that there is no pain to bhagavan but rather say he had the courage to smile i.e he knows that he is not the body.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:30:31 PM by prasanth_ramana_maharshi »

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2011, 10:04:04 AM »
71. Question: Then when you say, "Know thyself" you want me to know this ego-self?

Bhagavan: The moment the ego-self tries to know itself, it changes its character; it begins to partake less and less of the Jada (inert nature) in which it is absorbed, and more and more of the Consciousness of the Self, the Atman.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2011, 12:27:17 PM »
72. Question: Now be pleased to tell me where it (the Real Self) is in the body.

Bhagavan: You cannot know it with your mind. You cannot realize it by imagination, when I tell you here is the center (pointing to the right side of the chest). The only direct way to realize it is to cease to fancy, and (simply) try to be yourself. Then you realize, automatically feel, that the center is there. This is the center, the Heart spoken of in the scriptures as Hridayaguha (Cavity of the Heart), Aurl (Ullam).

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2011, 09:58:34 AM »
73. Question: Then what is Samadhi?

Bhagavan: In yoga the samadhi term refers to some kind of trance, and there are various kinds of samadhi. However, the samadhi I speak of is different. It is Sahaja Samadhi (state of permanent Realization). For, here you have Samadhana (see all things as the same), you remain calm and composed even while you are active; you realize that you are moved by the deeper Real Self within. You have no worries, no anxieties, no cares.

For, here you come to realize that there is nothing belonging to you. And everything is done by Something with which you get into conscious union.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »
74. Question: If this is Sahaja Samadhi (the natural state) and the most desirable condition, there is no need for Nirvikalpa Samadhi (highest state of Yoga that sees no differences).

Bhagavan: The Nirvikalpa Samadhi (no differences perceived) of Raja (Royal) Yoga may have its use. But, in Jnana (pure Knowledge), this Sahaja Sthiti (abidance in the natural state) itself is the Nirvikalpa (no concepts) state. For, in this state the mind is free from doubts (and modifications). It has no need to swing between alternatives of possibilities and probabilities. It has no vikalpa (tendency) of any kind.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »
75. Question: Does samadhi (the state of oneness where one experiences the Self) mean that one is unaware of everything?

Bhagavan: No. Meditation will go on without our effort. That is samadhi.