Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 305063 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2011, 10:14:22 AM »
61. Question: In my present state, are there sufficient faith, humility, and surrender in me? If not, how to make them complete?

Bhagavan: You are perfect and complete, now, so abandon the idea of incompleteness. There is nothing to be destroyed. Ahankara (the individual "I" sense), is not a real thing. It is the mind that makes the effort, and the mind is not real. Just as it is not necessary to kill a rope, which one imagines to be a snake, so also there is no need to kill the mind. Knowing the form of the mind makes the mind disappear. That which is forever non-existent is already (in truth) removed.

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »
Dear Prasanth,

Sri Ganesan mentioned the same text that you have posted, with these additions:

A MESSAGE FROM SRI V.GANESAN--GRAND NEPHEW OF THE MAHARSHI

Even after getting hold of the essence of Truth, theoretically, by reading with thoroughness, Sri Bhagavan's "Who Am I ?" and "Ulladu Narpadu" and by imbibing fully their intellectual meaning with conviction, one is prone to be swayed by three 'impediments' :

(i) 'Ignorance', (2) 'Doubts' and (3) 'Wrong Knowledge'.
After asserting it so, Sri Bhagavan very emphatically says, "Constant vigilance is the price a seeker has to pay."  Again and again, practise 'Atma Vichara'. Whenever the mind wanders out, bring it back, by questioning, "Whose mind is rambling and moving away from the Self ?"

"I AM" is the Inner Silence, which Sri Bhagavan affirms, "is the Self" ! Thus, stay in the State of Self, all the time.........

Look !

" Devotee: In my present state, are there sufficient faith, humility, and surrender in me? If not, how to make them complete?

Bhagavan: You are perfect and complete, now, so abandon the idea of incompleteness. There is nothing to be destroyed. Ahankara (the individual "I" sense), is not a real thing. It is the mind that makes the effort, and the mind is not real. Just as it is not necessary to kill a rope, which one imagines to be a snake, so also there is no need to kill the mind. Knowing the form of the mind makes the mind disappear. That which is forever non-existent is already (in truth) removed. "

Therefore,

The first thing a true seeker has to do is, to repeatedly assert to oneself that one is already "perfect and complete" ! And, immediately, the second step to be taken is, to sincerely pray within one's Heart : "O Lord ! I surrender myself entirely at your Sacred Feet ! Save me ! "
The resultant effect, instantly, is a state of "Inner Silence" ! Stay and do not move........

You are ever and already blessed ! So, go to the next step of constantly surrendering yourself, your all forms of 'thinking' at
His Holy Feet !

With lots of Love,

Affectionately Yours,
 Ganesan

Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

amiatall

« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
"practice, practice, and all is coming." -  K. Pattabhi Jois

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »
62. Question: What books should I read for swadhyaya (introspection, or self study)?

Bhagavan: The Self is the real book. You can glance anywhere in that "book"; nobody can take it away from you. Whenever (or since) you are free, turn towards the Self. Thereafter you may read whatever you like.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
We have to be Steadfast in our Sadhana!

The Book of the Self, if we get used to it, nothing like it, this book in endless, if we really start looking at it, there is no end to the recognition. That Book is about One Self itself that one which looks. There cannot be more fascinating book than this. This book is verily "Upanishad" This book itself is verily the "Vedas"

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »

Sri Bhagavan says in Atma Vidya Kirtanam, Verse 3:

Thannai aRithalinRip pinnai yethaRikilen,
Thannai aRinthidiRpin ennai uLathaRiya.....

Of what avail is knowing things,
Other than the Self? And the Self being known,
What other thing is there to know? 

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »
very well said nagraj garu and Subramanian garu.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2011, 10:04:20 AM »
63. Question: How can meditation become steady?

Bhagavan: What is meditation? It consists in expulsion of thoughts. All the present troubles are due to thoughts. Give up thoughts. That is happiness, and also meditation.

The thoughts are for the thinker. Remain as the Self of the thinker and there is an end of thoughts.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2011, 10:03:02 AM »
64. Question: Am I the froth?

Bhagavan: Cease that identification with the unreal and know your real identity. Then you will be firm and no doubts can arise. Because you think that way there is worry. It is a wrong imagination. Accept your true identity with the Real. Be the water and not the froth. That is done by diving in.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »
65.Question: Sri Bhagavan speaks of the Heart as the seat of Consciousness, and as identical with the Self. What does the Heart signify exactly?

Bhagavan: The question about the Heart arises because you are interested in seeking the source of Consciousness. To all deep thinking minds, the inquiry about the "I" and its nature has an irresistible fascination.

Call it by any name: God, Self, the Heart, or the seat of Consciousness, it is all the same. The point to be grasped is this, that Heart means the very core of one's being, the center without which there is nothing whatever.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »
Dear Prashant,

Ramana Maharshi says - "The physical organ is on the left; that is not denied. But the Heart of which I speak is non-physical and is only on the right side. It is my experience, no authority is required by me. Still you can find confirmation in a Malayalam Ayurvedic book and in Sita Upanishad; and he produced the quotation (mantra) from the latter and repeated the text (sloka) from the former."

It is the centre of the Self. The Self is the centre of the centres. This heart represents psychic centre and not the physical centre. This is the Seat of the Self.

Ramana Maharshi Says - "Atman is in the Heart itself and IS the Heart itself"

Ramana Maharshi had studied in a Christian school when he was in Madurai, hence he was well aware about the Bible. He once referred to the Bible for - "Be still and know that I am God", Psalm 46, found in Ecclesiates. "There is one alone and there is no second" and "the wise man's heart is on the right hand and a fool's heart is at the left."

The famous one from the bible is "I am That I am"

Also whenever we do Nyasa before we start some particular Parayanams, we use the Bija Mantras, etc... which goes like this

.......... Iti Bijam we keep our fingers on the right side of chest, signifying the centre of the Bija or source.
.......... Iti Shaktihi on the left side of our chest.
.......... Iti Keelakam on the center base of our chest.

It is simply a pure witness of all the activities of the Sukshma Aham-kara

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:34:08 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2011, 12:53:31 AM »
yes very well said nagraj garu.

i remember very well bhagavan's words regarding the spiritual heart.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »
66. Question: But Sri Bhagavan has specified a particular place for the Heart within, i.e., a physical place of the Heart within the physical body, which is in the chest two digits to the right from the median.

Bhagavan: Yes, that is the center of spiritual experience according to the testimony of Sages. This spiritual Heart-center is quite different from the blood-propelling, muscular organ known by the same name. The spiritual Heart-center is not an organ of the body. All that you can say of this Heart is that it is the very core of your being. That with which you are really identical (as the word in Sanskrit literally means), whether you are awake, asleep, or dreaming, whether you are engaged in work or immersed in samadhi (absorbed in Self).

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2011, 11:49:54 AM »

Dear prasanth,

Yes.  The Heart-Centre to the right of mid chest was recommended
by Sri Bhagavan for the aspirants in the initial stages. One realizes
the Heart is every where in due course, the Heart is Space, in which
all the remaining four elements stay. Heart is everywhere, eternal,
and ever new.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »
67. Question: How can it (the Heart-center) be localized in any part of the body? Fixing a place for the Heart (within the body) would imply setting physiological limitations to that which is beyond space and time.

Bhagavan: That is right. But the person, who puts the question about the position of the Heart, considers himself as existing within the body. While putting the question now, would you say that your body alone is here but that you are speaking from somewhere else? No, you accept your bodily existence. It is from this point of view that any reference to a physical body is made.