Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 322627 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #1590 on: January 27, 2016, 01:44:59 AM »
185.  That which is the source of all, that in which all live, and that into which all finally merge, is the Heart.

Question: How can we conceive of such a heart?

Ramana: Why should you conceive of anything?  You have only to see where from the "I" springs.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 28, 2016, 12:51:03 AM »
186.  If we have real mauna (spiritual Silence), that state in which the mind is merged into its source and has no more separate existence, then all other kinds of mauna will come of their own accord, i.e., the mauna of words, of action and of the mind or chitta (energy field of memories and latent impressions). Such mauna is not inertness but great activity.  It is the most powerful speech.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 29, 2016, 12:40:55 AM »
187.  When great effort is put forth to do all sorts of literary gymnastics, what is the result but loss of peace of mind?

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 01, 2016, 12:55:49 AM »
188.  Find out to whom is "Viyoga" (disunion). That is Yoga (union). Yoga is common to all paths.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 02, 2016, 12:46:37 AM »
189.  Yoga is really nothing but ceasing to think that you are different from the Self or Reality.  All the yogas- karma (activity in service), gnana (Knowledge), bhakti (devotion) and raja (controlling mind energy)- are just different paths to suit different natures with different modes of evolution and to get them out of the long cherished notion that they are different from the Self.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 03, 2016, 12:44:07 AM »
190.  There is no question of union or yoga in the sense of going and joining something that is somewhere away from us or different from us, because you never were or could be separate from the Self.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 04, 2016, 12:45:34 AM »
191.  Simply draw the mind back each time it strays and fix it in dhyana (meditation).  There is no other way.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 05, 2016, 12:37:54 AM »
192.  After obtaining control of the mind through pranayama (breath control) one should not rest content with any experiences which may accrue therefrom but should harness the controlled mind to the question 'Who am I?' till the mind merges in the Self.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 08, 2016, 12:32:42 AM »
193.  Question:  In my meditation can I use forms and images of God and mantras (repetition of a sacred word or sound)?

Ramana: Yes, of course.  All these things can help, or why should they be recommended in the books?  Various things are prescribed to suit various natures.  Each person must choose what seems easiest and appeals to him most.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 09, 2016, 12:35:23 AM »
194.  Keep all other thoughts away and try to find out in what place in your body the 'I' arises.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: February 10, 2016, 09:46:15 PM »
195.  If you mean that other thoughts distract you, the only way is to draw your mind back each time it strays and fix it on the 'I'.  As each thought arises, ask yourself: "To whom is this thought?" The answer will be, "to me"; then hold on to that 'me.'

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 11, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
196.  If you find this vichara marga (path of Inquiry) too hard for you, you can go on repeating 'I, I' and that will lead you to the same goal.  There is no harm is using 'I' as a mantra.  It is the first name of God.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 12, 2016, 12:58:48 AM »
197.  Remind yourself:  I am Brahman (absolute Reality).  The repetition of 'I' will eventually lead you to realize "I am Brahman."

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 15, 2016, 01:18:08 AM »
198.  Whether you feel pleasure or fear, ask yourself who feels the pleasure or the fear and so carry on the sadhana (spiritual practice) until pleasure and fear are both transcended and all duality ceases and the Reality alone remains.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 16, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »
199.  You must never rest content with the pleasure of laya (absorption in the Absolute) experienced when thought is quelled but must press on until all duality ceases.