Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 319744 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #1545 on: November 26, 2015, 01:02:46 AM »
141. All that you see depends on the seer.  Apart from the seer, there is no seen.  One first creates out of his mind and then sees what his mind itself has created.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 27, 2015, 09:14:18 AM »
142. If a room is filled with various articles, the space in the room has not vanished anywhere.  To have space we have not to create it, but only to remove the articles stocked in the room.   Even so, God is there.   If you turn the mind inward, instead of outward on things, then you see the mind merges in the one unity which alone exists.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 30, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »
143.  The mind merging in its source, the one unity, is the only true namaskar (a greeting, honoring the Divine in that being).

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 01, 2015, 12:35:01 AM »
144.  I don't consider time real.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 02, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »
145.  We know nothing about the past or the yugas (periods of time containing thousands of years) which were in the past.  Nor do we know about the future.  But we know the present exists.  Let us know about it first.  Then all other doubts will cease.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 03, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
146.  Time and space always change.  But there is something which is eternal and changeless.  Let us try to find out that which is changeless and which always exists.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 04, 2015, 12:48:20 AM »
147.  There is nothing to attain and no time within which to attain.  You are always that.  You have only to give up thinking you are limited, to give up thinking you are this upadhi (limitation) or body.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 07, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »
148.  Different schools have their theory as to when the present kaliyuga is to end (kaliyuga is the last yuga, a period of time lasting thousands of years).  When time itself does not exist, as for instance in sleep, what is the use of bothering oneself with all such questions?

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 08, 2015, 12:59:39 AM »
149.  Ramana quoting Jnana Sambandar (a prominent 7th century saint): As the Lord is within me in my heart, no days, no planets, can affect me adversely and every day of the week is equally auspicious.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 09, 2015, 09:01:58 AM »
150.  We know we exist.  Nobody doubts he exists, though he may doubt the existence of God.  So, if one finds out about the truth or source of oneself, that is all that is required.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 10, 2015, 09:14:44 AM »
151.  The state we call realization is simply being oneself, not knowing anything or becoming anything.  If one has realized, he is that which alone is and which alone has always been.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 11, 2015, 09:16:54 AM »
152.  What we are all doing is, we have 'realized' or regard as real that which is unreal.  This habit of ours has to be given up.  All sadhana (spiritual practice) under all systems of thought is meant only for this end.  When we give up regarding the unreal as real, then the reality alone will remain and we will be that.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 14, 2015, 12:38:26 AM »
153.  Who would object to one having a God to worship, so long as he requires such a separate God?  Through bhakti (devotion) he develops himself, and comes to feel that God alone exists and that he, the bhakti (devotee), does not count.  He comes to a stage when he says, 'Not I, but Thou'; 'Not my will, but Thy will.'

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 15, 2015, 12:37:24 AM »
154.  There may be different stages in the sadhana (spiritual practice). But in realization there are no degrees.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 16, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »
155.  To do Self-analysis and be 'I am' is the only thing to do.  'I am' is reality.  I am this or that is unreal.  'I am' is truth, another name for Self.  'I am God' is not true.