Author Topic: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)  (Read 321719 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Daily Message From AHAM (The Association of Happiness for All Mankind)
« Reply #1365 on: March 18, 2015, 11:41:50 PM »
Supplement to Truth Revealed or Sad-Vidya

THAT in which all these worlds are fixed, of which they are, from which they all arise, for which they all exist, because of which they (all) come into being, and which they verily are -- THAT alone is the Real, the Truth.  That is the Treasure in the Heart. (1)

(1)           Alternatively:  May we adore That at Heart.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 20, 2015, 12:00:41 AM »
1.  Association with the Sages who have realized the Truth removes material attachments; on these attachments being removed the attachments of the mind are quite destroyed.  Those for whom attachments of the mind are thus destroyed, become one with That which is the motionless principle.  They attain Liberation while yet alive.  Cherish (therefore) the association with such Sages.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 23, 2015, 01:03:06 AM »
2.  That supreme State obtained here and now as a result of one's association with the Sages, and realized through the deep meditation of Self-inquiry in contact with the Heart, that State cannot be gained with the aid of a mere preceptor, nor through the knowledge of the scriptures, nor by spiritual merit, nor by any other means.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 24, 2015, 12:35:42 AM »
3.  If the association with Sages is obtained, to what purpose are the several methods of self-discipline?  Tell me of what use is a fan when the cool, gentle, southern breeze is blowing?

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 24, 2015, 11:56:21 PM »
4.  The heat is allayed by (the rays of) the moon; want and misery are removed by the Kalpaka tree (1); sins are washed away by the sacred waters of the Ganges.  All these afflictions are altogether banished by the mere darshan (sight or glance) of the peerless Sage.

(1) The celestial tree that grants all the boons (blessings or favors) one prays for.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 25, 2015, 11:57:42 PM »
5.  The holy waters of pilgrimage, the images of gods made of earth and stone, cannot stand comparison with the benign look of the Sage.  They make one pure only after countless days.  Know that the Sage no sooner bestows his gracious glance than he makes one pure!

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 26, 2015, 11:47:54 PM »
6.  Questioner: Who is God?

Bhagavan: He who knows the mind.

Questioner: My mind is known by me, the Spirit.

Bhagavan: Since the Srutis (body of sacred texts) declare: "God is only one," you (as the knower of the mind) are verily God.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 30, 2015, 12:36:44 AM »
7.  Bhagavan: Which is the light for you?

Questioner: For me by day (it is) the sun; by night, a lamp.

Bhagavan: What is the light that perceives that light?

Questioner: The eye.

Bhagavan: What is the light that illumines the eye?

Questioner: That light is the intellect.

Bhagavan: What is the Light that knows the intellect?

Questioner: It is the "I."

Bhagavan: You are (therefore) the supreme Light of (all) lights.

Questioner: That verily am I.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 31, 2015, 12:52:28 AM »
> 8.  In the interior of the Heart-cave (there) shines alone the One Brahman (Supreme Being) as the "I-I," verily the self-conscious Atman (Self).  Realize that State of steadfast inherence in the Self, entering into the Heart, either by diving deep within through Self-inquiry, or by the submergence of the mind (in the Self) through breath-control.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 01, 2015, 12:41:05 AM »
9.  Know that the pure and changeless Self-awareness in the Heart(1) is the Knowledge which, through the destruction of the ego, bestows Liberation.

(1) Literally:  that Awareness which is of the form of pure and changeless Self in the Heart...

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 02, 2015, 12:55:05 AM »

> 10.  The body is inert like an earthen pot.  Since it has no I-consciousness and since in (the state of) deep sleep, when bodiless (2), we do experience our natural being, the body cannot be the I.  Who (then) is it that causes I-ness (3)?  Whence is he?  In the Heart-cave of those who thus inquire, know and abide as the Self, Lord Arunachala Siva shines forth of Himself as the "That-am-I" Consciousness.
>
>  
>
> (2) i.e., in deep sleep when there can be no bodily awareness.
>
> (3) i.e., what is it that emerges with the I-sense?
>

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 03, 2015, 12:42:50 AM »
11.  Who is born?  Know that he alone is born who inquires into the Brahmic (Absolute) Source whence he is (in fact) born.  He is eternally the Supreme, ever new.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 06, 2015, 01:20:40 AM »
12.  Cast off the notion "I-am-the-body-contemptible."  Ponder over and realize the Self of perennial bliss.  Seeking to know the Self while cherishing the body is like getting hold of a crocodile, taking it to be a raft, in order to cross a river.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:40 AM »
13.  Charity, Penance, Sacrifice, Duty, Yoga (union), Devotion, the Expanse of Consciousness, the Substance, Peace, the Truth, Grace, Silence, the Deathless Death, Knowledge, Renunciation, Liberation and Bliss; know that all these are synonymous with the severance of the "body-am-I" Consciousness.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 08, 2015, 12:53:50 AM »
14.  The inquiry to whom belong the karma (action), vibhakti (non-devotion), viyoga (non-union), and ajnana (nescience or ignorance), is alone Karma (action), Bhakti (Devotion), Yoga (Union), and Jnana (Knowledge). When (thus) questioned, the ego is lost, and the (consequent) State of abidance as the Self, wherein none of these have ever been, is verily the Truth.