Author Topic: Arunachala and Mukti  (Read 4093 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Arunachala and Mukti
« on: March 27, 2011, 05:19:49 PM »
Dear friends,
The Arunachala Sthala Purana talks about liberation if we only think about Aruanachala.Ramana Bhagavan has also confirmed this.
Does this mean that all of us who have been fortunate to either think about Aruanachala are assured of liberation in this birth?.I am additionally asking this because though I have been fortunate to visit Thiruannamalai ,many so far would have not had this oppurtunity.
Since Arunachala is a favourite topic for me and perhaps for all us , here if we can get a detailed feedback from members with some knowledge  on this subject ,I am sure it will gladden all our hearts.
Thanks,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Arunachala and Mukti
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »

Dear Anand Sundaram,

This is not a new question.  Devaraja Mudaliar himself asked this
question to Sri Bhagavan in the Old Hall.  Devaraja Mudaliar could
not believe the two verses of Arunachala Mahatmyam, [which Sri
Bhagavan has translated in Tamizh verses], which inter-alia means

1. If Arunachala is seen even from a distance or even remembered when its form is not seen, one shall get Self Realization, the purport
of Vedanta, without any toils.

2. People who live within the radius of 3 yojanas [about 20 miles]
around Arunachala, will get saujya of Siva [living in the same form of Siva], without even any formal initiation.[deeksha]

This is my command says Arunachala.

Now Sri Bhagavan replied:  Oye, that is a Supreme Court order,
it has to come true or implemented!   

Now practically speaking, if one constantly remembers Arunachala
and also Sri Bhagavan, one shall get liberation without any toils.
Sri Ramana Ashottaram says:  Smaranadh pandha mochakaya Namah: One who remembers Arunachala their bondage [with the world i.e rebirth etc.,] will be snapped.  Now how to remember Arunachala or Sri Bhagavan?  One should try to remove impure thoughts and then remember.  A dog cannot carry excreta in its
mouth and enter the Old Hall. So, to remember constantly about
Arunachala one should have as far as practicable remove other thoughts.  What is this?  Is it not self inquiry?  Self Inquiry is Self attention as Lakshmana Sarma says.  It is the attention towards the Self.  The Self is Sri Bhagavan or Arunachala.

I know it is difficult.  In the worldly life, we get all sorts of thoughts, thoughts of anger, greed, hate, jealousy, lust, fear, etc., But one should try to overcome this, slowly and steadily.

Sri Krishna says in Srimad Bhagavad Gita, if one remembers me at the time of death, he will attain me.  How to think of him at the time of death?  Unless one thinks of him throughout life, one cannot remember him at the time of death.  In fact, Sri Krishna gives mukti, even if one hates him.  Like Sisupala, Kamsa, etc.., in Srimad Bhagavatam.

Arunahala Siva. 

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:21 AM »
Can everyone chant "Arunachala Shiva, Arunachala Shiva" without initiation?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »

Dear Jyoti,

Yes. Anyone can chant Arunachala Siva, Arunachala Siva.  Sri Bhagavan started His Sri
Arunachala Akshara Mana Maalai with this refrain. On the last day of His life, at night,
when He was about to shed the body, devotees crowded in the Asramam chanted
Arunachala Siva, Arunachala Siva.  He looked at them and joyful tears came from His eyes.

Thus at the beginning and at the end [in this world] He has given initiation to all, those who
were there and those who were not there.  This is an all-cure mantra.  So, this can be chanted
by anyone having faith in Sri Bhagavan, without exception.  There is no need for separate
initiation.  Of course,  He came to me in my dream and told this. Even otherwise it is fine.

Arunachala Siva.       

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »
Addressed to Sri Subramanian Sir for all of us who have been fortunate enough to have been  to Thiruannamalai and all those fortunate enough to have thought of Arunachala.
In simplistic terms , can we say  If Arunachala is seen even from a distance or even remembered when its form is not seen, one shall get Self Realization, the purport of Vedanta, without any toils in that very  life that it Arunachala is seen or thought of.[/u]Regards,
Anand.

Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »

Dear Ananda Sundaram,

I have been chanting Arunachala Siva, Arunachala Siva many times
during a day.  I also see the Webcam photo often during a day.
I have been visiting at least once in a quarter Arunachala.  I trust
in Sri Bhagavan's words.  What more can I say?  It is Sri Bhagavan
who has assured such people, mukti.  So why doubt it?

Arunachala Siva. 

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »
Dear Sir,
What about our  children or spouse who have had occasion to see Arunachala from a distance or think of it occasionally ,without any special affinity like us - either  now and perhaps even later.Is Mukti assured for them too in this lifetime?
Regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »

Dear Ananda Sundaram,

The song says "only those who directly sight at the Hill or even mentally think of it from afar."
It does not say about affinity at all.  Affinity will come on its own accord, since the Hill is a magnet
and it attracts the iron filings more and more. The continuous looking at the Hill from the place where
it cane sighted, clearly brings about affinity, though not when one starts with. Like merely looking at
the Sun of and on brings tears in the eyes.

Arunachala Siva.