Author Topic: Sri Krishna Bikshu  (Read 2788 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Sri Krishna Bikshu
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:30:13 AM »
Sri Krishna Bikshu, Voruganti Venkatakrishnaiah (1904-1981), was a lifelong bachelor who held a degree in law, a profession that he scarcely practiced, however, preferring a life dedicated to spiritual pursuits. A man of sharp intellect and prodigious learning, Sri Krishna Bikshu authored several works besides the preceding Ramana Yoga Sutras. His published works were "Sukti Sudha" (Supplement to Forty Verses), a summary of "Ramana Lahari" and "Tripura Rahasya" all in Telugu, and "Sri Ramana Gita" (5th edition) in English are among those that merit special mention. He wrote "Sri Ramana Leela", the Telegu biography of Sri Bhagavan, in the immediate presence of Bhagavan who went through every page of it. To our knowledge his magnum opus, "Anasuya Ramayana", a complete and faithful translation in Telugu of Valmiki's Ramayana is yet unpublished.

Even as a teenager, Sri Krishna Bikshu made a deep study of Vedantic literature. In 1929, he came into contact with Sri Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni and was won over by the Muni's great intellectual power and spiritual radiance. That led him on to Sri Kavyakanta's guru, Sri Ramana Bhagavan, whom he first visited on May 17th, 1929. From 1931 on, Sri Krishna Bikshu committed himself solely to Sri Bhagavan and the practice of his teachings.

In 1945, when Sri Krishna Bikshu's mother died at Nellore, on the same day that Echammal died at Tiruvannamalai, Sri Bhagavan observed, "Poor Krishnaiah, he lost both his mothers on the same day!" Krishna Bhikshu reached his Master's Feet in 1981 on the very day and month of Sri Bhagavan's birth in 1879! Just before his death at 6.05 a.m., December 30th, 1981, Sri Krishna Bhikshu joined his brother Dr.O.Ramachandraiah in chanting Arunachala Siva from 3.40 to 5.20 a.m.

Source: http://www.arunachala.org/newsletters/2011/?pg=mar-apr#article.2

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Krishna Bikshu
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »

Dear prasanth,

Thanks for more information about Krishna Bhikshu.  I have read
only Ramana Leela in English.  This book is very nice, quite emotional at the end.  Regarding other books, unless these are available in English, I cannot make use of them.  Are they published by Sri Ramanasramam?

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Sri Krishna Bikshu
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:33:39 AM »
I am also not sure Subramanian garu and next time i go to ramana ashramam i make sure i enquire about this andi.