Author Topic: night stay in Arunachala - the sacred hill  (Read 3110 times)

saraskrishna

• View Profile
night stay in Arunachala - the sacred hill
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:06:58 PM »
Dear All,

I'm getting a feeling to stay in Arunachala itself for the whole night.  is there anybody who had such experience? please share with me.

With love
Arunachala Shiva

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: night stay in Arunachala - the sacred hill
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »

Dear saraskrishna,

I do not have any such experience of staying on the Hill, the whole
night.  One Westerner, a lady [Suzane?] during Sri Bhagavan's times
had stayed in some cave on the Hill, the whole night.  It appears,
she had heard Vedic chantings in the night, without any persons
being there. There could be some more such people during Sri Bhagavan's time.

Arunachala Siva. 

saraskrishna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:59:38 AM »
Dear Subramanian Ji,

Nice to know... whenever I visist skandasramam, i find some one saying that there are some small hut like houses in which some sadhus live above skandasramam and it is an adventurous life to be there... i'm getting a desire to spend a night there..

last time when I visited and stayed night in parvathamalai hill, i was able to hear sounds of 'udukkai, sangu, sometimes melam' and sometimes some scented smell..  first when i heard i wondered from where can this sound be from as I was above 4000ft MSL, then i didn't want to do more research on that and rather i resorted to my self-enquiry as who is listening or hearing and so on.. when i start doing this, i fall in to sleep quite often.. that is one problem..

anyways, craving for his grace to grant me realize my self and be with it.. remove my dirt and ego..

with love
Arunachala shiva...

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

Dear saraskrishna,

Yes.  If one could stay on the Hill, forsaking supper, and early morning coffee/tea then one can try such things.

There is one Adi Annamalai on the girivalam route.  From there, Saint Manikkavachagar is said to have composed Tiruvembavai about 1000 years ago.  This is practically the foot hill, where one can see the base of the Hill at close quarters.  Once during Sri Bhagavan's times, a couple stayed there overnight doing meditation and they heard Sama Veda hymns at dead of the night.  They came and reported this to Sri Bhagavan.

Arunachala Siva.

saraskrishna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »
Dear Subramanian ji,

i don't know sanskrit and i won't even have the knowledge to know whether what is heard is samaveda or anything else... i just want to be there. if i get such a chance, i will update you in this forum.

I would like to see you, I wish we would meet sometime in ashram..

i'm in chennai.

With Love
saraskrishna