Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 885791 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #5385 on: June 06, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »
Dear  Sinha,

My heart felt condolences to you and the bereaved family.

Arunachala Siva.

srkudai

• View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: June 06, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
Dear Anil ji,
          I am really sorry to know of the sad demise of your sister. My heartfelt condolences to you and family.
May the grace of Bhagavan always be with you.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: June 07, 2018, 12:18:13 AM »
Dear Sri Anil,

My deepest condolences to You and Your family!

With all love and prayers,

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: June 07, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »
Dear Anil

Sorry for the loss of your young sister . Deepest condolence to you and your family .
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: June 12, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir, Sri Jewell, Sri Udai and Sri Atmavichar,

Thank you. I must admit that I was taken aback for a while at the sad turn of events. However, there is no doubt that Sri Bhagwan confers deeper understanding, and courage to put up with such calamities with fortitude. Om Namo Bhagawate Sri Ramanaya.

Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: June 12, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
It is Knowledge, but different from knowledge and ignorance.
How can it be defined at all?
It is simply Being.

Aruna of the Golden Fire

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: June 13, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »
The statement: 'God is Infinite and I am finite' is a contradiction in terms.

Infinity and Perfection do not admit of parts.

If a finite being comes out of infinity, the perfection of infinity is marred.

Source: Heart is Thy Name, OhLord

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: June 14, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
Surely, only he who, through confusion, believes himself to be non-existent will declare that You are non-existent. How can he who realises his own being as it actually is disregard as non-existent You who are that very same being?

V. 1082, G.V. K.

Dear devotees, here Sri Muruganar is saying that he who is aware of his own existence or being cannot deny the existence of God who is not different from that existence or being.  Sri Bhagwan has taught that no one can deny his own existence. It follows that since no can deny one's own existence, no one can deny the existence of God either.  Anil
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:32:17 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: June 15, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »
Dear Devotees,

When we raise the question 'Who am I?', we must keenly and attentively seek to observe the Silence (Stillness) that follows the raising of the question, instead of waiting for an answer. If one grasps that Silence or Stillness, it will certainly dispense with the ego instantly as Sri Bhagwan has taught.

If this is done properly, next one must try to ascertain what is this 'I Am', without so and so, Sri Bhagwan often speaks of. One must examine what that 'I Am' stands for. If this enquiry leads to the dawn of the understanding that 'I am indeed all-pervading Brahman', this alone is the real and full enquiry of who really I am, and what the 'I Am' really stands for.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:35:08 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: June 15, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
if one has to grasp the silence who is the one who is grasping thw silence?  is not that  one aware that he is trying to   grasp  the silence or grasping the silence  and this stage could lead to further stage that "one" watching the silence. So is not the one who is apparently seem to watching the silence, the  ego?  then at what stage the ego drops off............

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: June 16, 2018, 04:16:06 PM »
Dear Sri drsundaram,

This silence is you. It is not objective. It is the silence of the consciousness. Initially one is not able to discern it on account of the thought wave. But as the sadhana progresses, one is not only able to discern it but grasp it, implying that such a one is one with the silence or the stillness that follows the question 'Who am I?' What happens? It is like this:

When one questions 'Who am I?', keeping attention on the 'I'-thought (onto oneself), it takes progressively less and less of the insentience in which it has remained absorbed so far, and more and more of the consciousness of the Self, palpable by the silence or the stillness, till one is one with it, keeping thought at bay with effort at this stage. When this is effortless it is Realization, Sri Bhagwan speaks of.

Dear Sri Sundaram, remember that it is not the question 'Who Am I?' that wakes you up. When you question and keep still, identifying with the silence or the stillness that follows the question, a times comes when this silence wakes one up and one becomes free, realizing who really one is.
Having said as above, I wish to add that the Self-inquiry is its own guide. There is no need to worry. Having deep faith in Him, practice Vichara with perseverance. It itself will bring about chitta-sudhi which is essential for abidance in Jnanam, as well as desire for liberation, dispassion and discrimination, all essential prerequisite for the Self-realization.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:18:47 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: June 16, 2018, 06:48:59 PM »
thank you

will keep upating your goodself

namasthe

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: June 17, 2018, 03:36:52 PM »
Dear Sri drsundaram,

Sri Bhagwan's Vichara is not the meditation as we know it. In meditation, there is the ego and the object meditated upon. This is the indirect method in which the subject and object differ. However, we must understand that in the Self-enquiry, or the Vichara, both subject and the object meditated upon are the same and It is the Self.

Pramana,
   Anil

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: June 17, 2018, 06:46:46 PM »
thank you

namasthe

namo ramana

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art