Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 951760 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #5370 on: June 12, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir, Sri Jewell, Sri Udai and Sri Atmavichar,

Thank you. I must admit that I was taken aback for a while at the sad turn of events. However, there is no doubt that Sri Bhagwan confers deeper understanding, and courage to put up with such calamities with fortitude. Om Namo Bhagawate Sri Ramanaya.

Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: June 12, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
It is Knowledge, but different from knowledge and ignorance.
How can it be defined at all?
It is simply Being.

Aruna of the Golden Fire

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: June 13, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »
The statement: 'God is Infinite and I am finite' is a contradiction in terms.

Infinity and Perfection do not admit of parts.

If a finite being comes out of infinity, the perfection of infinity is marred.

Source: Heart is Thy Name, OhLord

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: June 14, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
Surely, only he who, through confusion, believes himself to be non-existent will declare that You are non-existent. How can he who realises his own being as it actually is disregard as non-existent You who are that very same being?

V. 1082, G.V. K.

Dear devotees, here Sri Muruganar is saying that he who is aware of his own existence or being cannot deny the existence of God who is not different from that existence or being.  Sri Bhagwan has taught that no one can deny his own existence. It follows that since no can deny one's own existence, no one can deny the existence of God either.  Anil
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:32:17 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: June 15, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »
Dear Devotees,

When we raise the question 'Who am I?', we must keenly and attentively seek to observe the Silence (Stillness) that follows the raising of the question, instead of waiting for an answer. If one grasps that Silence or Stillness, it will certainly dispense with the ego instantly as Sri Bhagwan has taught.

If this is done properly, next one must try to ascertain what is this 'I Am', without so and so, Sri Bhagwan often speaks of. One must examine what that 'I Am' stands for. If this enquiry leads to the dawn of the understanding that 'I am indeed all-pervading Brahman', this alone is the real and full enquiry of who really I am, and what the 'I Am' really stands for.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:35:08 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: June 15, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
if one has to grasp the silence who is the one who is grasping thw silence?  is not that  one aware that he is trying to   grasp  the silence or grasping the silence  and this stage could lead to further stage that "one" watching the silence. So is not the one who is apparently seem to watching the silence, the  ego?  then at what stage the ego drops off............

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: June 16, 2018, 04:16:06 PM »
Dear Sri drsundaram,

This silence is you. It is not objective. It is the silence of the consciousness. Initially one is not able to discern it on account of the thought wave. But as the sadhana progresses, one is not only able to discern it but grasp it, implying that such a one is one with the silence or the stillness that follows the question 'Who am I?' What happens? It is like this:

When one questions 'Who am I?', keeping attention on the 'I'-thought (onto oneself), it takes progressively less and less of the insentience in which it has remained absorbed so far, and more and more of the consciousness of the Self, palpable by the silence or the stillness, till one is one with it, keeping thought at bay with effort at this stage. When this is effortless it is Realization, Sri Bhagwan speaks of.

Dear Sri Sundaram, remember that it is not the question 'Who Am I?' that wakes you up. When you question and keep still, identifying with the silence or the stillness that follows the question, a times comes when this silence wakes one up and one becomes free, realizing who really one is.
Having said as above, I wish to add that the Self-inquiry is its own guide. There is no need to worry. Having deep faith in Him, practice Vichara with perseverance. It itself will bring about chitta-sudhi which is essential for abidance in Jnanam, as well as desire for liberation, dispassion and discrimination, all essential prerequisite for the Self-realization.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:18:47 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: June 16, 2018, 06:48:59 PM »
thank you

will keep upating your goodself

namasthe

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: June 17, 2018, 03:36:52 PM »
Dear Sri drsundaram,

Sri Bhagwan's Vichara is not the meditation as we know it. In meditation, there is the ego and the object meditated upon. This is the indirect method in which the subject and object differ. However, we must understand that in the Self-enquiry, or the Vichara, both subject and the object meditated upon are the same and It is the Self.

Pramana,
   Anil

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: June 17, 2018, 06:46:46 PM »
thank you

namasthe

namo ramana

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #5380 on: June 18, 2018, 12:56:38 AM »
how many selves do we have ?
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: June 18, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Sadhu Om has written that it is not necessary for sincere aspirants to name before-hand the feeling-'I' either as ego or as the Self. I am totally one with this insight, for Sri Bhagwan Ramana has Himself taught there are not two persons, ego and the Self, in the aspirant. Besides, everyone of us has the experience 'I am one and not two'. Have we not?
Therefore, from the stage of practice itself, we should not give room to an imaginary dual feeling--one 'I' seeking for another 'I'- by differentiating ego and Self as lower and higher self respectively.
Are there two selves, one to be an object known by the other? For, the true experience of all is 'I am one'. For, the experience of Jnani is 'I am I'.

In the lighter vein: however, Sri Beloved Abstract here alone seems to have many selves, each with a separate fantastic tale to tell, even if one is not willing to listen.

Thanks very much.
   Pranam,
       Anil

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #5382 on: June 19, 2018, 11:51:37 PM »
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: June 25, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »
Dear devotees, why does pratyaksha not mean seeing but being? Sri Bhagwan says that that though the seer cannot see himself, yet he does not deny his existence only because he cannot see himself with his own eyes as pratyaksha. Therefore, pratyaksha does not mean seeing, but Be-ing. 'To Be' is to realise. Pranam,Anil                         

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: July 06, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan has always reminded His devotees that they are the Self, that they are the Consciousness. Therefore, becoming conscious of being conscious is the key to enter the state of enquiry. Then meditate on 'I Am', that is, think only 'I Am' and see to it that nothing whatsoever is added to the thought of mere 'I Am'ness, by warding off the intruding thoughts. Now is the time to be aware of the 'stillness' that accompanies the 'I Am'. Sense your presence, the naked, unveiled, uncovered, unclothed beingness. Sri Bhagwan says that this pure beingness remains untouched whether we are young or old, good or bad, and by any other attribute. One can, sooner than later, be aware that this beingness is always there with him, and remains unaffected with the advancement of the age. It is the Spacious Womb of all creation, all form.  We need to this diligently with perseverance till the Goal is reached. Sri Bhagwan has assured that many have attained the Goal following Vichara unswervingly, and therefore, there is no reason why we cannot. 

Pranam,
 Anil   
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:58:55 PM by eranilkumarsinha »