Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756636 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #4530 on: January 01, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »
Dear devotees, I wish to dwell on, contemplate and share our understanding on Mhatattva and Reflected Light, in a few posts, whenever I get some free time, so that we may understand better the metaphysics of the manifestation of the 'I'-thought and the world.

Sri Bhagwan:
What is the darpana (mirror) here? A mirror, as we know it, is an insentient object which reflects light. What corresponds to a mirror in an individual? The light of the Self-luminous Self is reflected on the Mahatattva. The reflected light is the mind-ether or the pure mind. This illumines the vasanas (latencies) of the individual and hence the sense of 'I' and 'this' arises.
Talk--569

Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:40:50 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 02, 2016, 04:58:11 PM »
D: What is mahat?
Sri Bhagwan: The projected light from the Absolute Consciousness. Just as a seed swells up before sprouting and then sprouts and grows, so also the Absolute Consciousness projects light, manifests as the ego and grows up as the body and the universe.
Maj. Chadwick: Is it the same as the cosmic consciousness?
Sri Bhagwan: Yes, it is so before the birth of the ego and the universe. It comprises them all. Just as all the pictures thrown on the screen are visible by the light projected from a spot, so also the body and the other objects are all visible in the reflected consciousness. It is, therefore, also cosmic consciousness.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan has thus taught that this projected consciousness (swollen seed) is what is called the Reflected Consciousness. Since the body, universe and objects are visible in this Reflected Consciousness only, the same is also known as Cosmic Consciousness. This is the formless, pure mind. Sri Bhagwan has taught that It may be called Isvara. The Cosmic Consciousness is behind the ego. Pure Mind, or the Cosmic Consciousness is verily the Absolute Consciousness, and so Isvara may also be said to be Absolute. Sri Bhagwan says that there is no difference there. This is why it is said that the Mind of a Realized One is verily Brahman. And this is exactly what is meant by the Biblical Statement 'I  AM  THAT  I  AM'. 
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:00:16 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 09, 2016, 07:03:51 AM »
Dear Devotees and friends,

I am covering today a distance of about 3000 K.M. and reaching Bangalore tonight to attend 36th. meeting of National Committee on Dam Safety of Central Water Commission on 11.01.2016 and 2nd National Conference on Dam Safety, scheduled to be held at Hotel J P Celestial and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore respectively.

Dear devotees and friends,   I shall stay in Bangalore till 18.01.2016. Sri Ramanasramam is fully occupied until first week of February on account of Pongal on 15.01.2016 and Giri Pradakshina on 17.01.2016, as I have been informed by Ashram Management.  But I am certain that it will be inconsolable for me if I am not able to visit Sri Ramanasramam and sit at His Feet for at least a few hours during this  period while I am in Bangalore.  So, I shall request Dr Murthy to allow me to visit Sri Ramansramam for at least 24 hrs though I would have liked to stay for a few days.

Sri Bhagwan's Remembrance is constantly with me. I pray and request all of you to pray for me so that I am able to reach the Divine Abode and sit at His Holy Feet and absorb His Grace during this difficult tour to Bangalore. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:06:07 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: January 09, 2016, 07:24:20 AM »
Dear Anil

Sorry that you were unable to get accomodation at Sri Ramana Ashram this time but it is a very peak season and till Feb, March 2016 the Ashram will be fully booked . But the other alternative is you can stay in some Hotel Outside and visit the Ashram and stay as long as you want in the Old Hall , New Hall or Temple ( I mean the Officially Open Hours ) and participate in all the Ashram actvities like Morning Veda Parayana , Evening Veda Parayana , Evening Tamil Chanting , Worship at Temple etc and the Ashram does not prevent any one from participating in the same . I have done this many times when I never stayed there .  This is the next best alterantive which you can consider . But this Nov- Feb  is a very peak season and it has been like this for many years and many devotees are disappointed by lack of accommodation in the Ashram ( Even Hotels are fully booked during this time ) . Anyway I hope Bhagavan will guide you accordingly this time . All the best in your visit to Sri Ramana Ashram this time .So in essence do not skip visiting Sri Ramana Ashram just because you did not get accommodation at the Ashram , try for another alterantive place to stay or at least spend few hours at the Ashram during your visit this time .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: January 09, 2016, 08:11:04 AM »
Anilbhai,
I have booked Asram accommodation for five of us from 29th January to 31st and one member of our team has to drop out for some other reason.Wonder whether you can wait that long after your finishing your session in Bangalore on 18th and join us.
You are most welcome to come and stay with me in Chennai.
Namaskar.

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: January 09, 2016, 09:48:39 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri J. Krishnamurti has observed in chapter 10 of the third part of his 'Commentaries on Living' that 'thought creates the thinker; it is the thinking process that brings the thinker into being. Thought comes first, and later the thinker; it is not the other way round'.   

Sri Sadhu Om, while commenting on Sri Krishnamurti's above observation, has written aptly and appropriately that the thinker as well as the thoughts arise simultaneously. They are mutually dependent. It follows that if it is true in a certain sense that thought does bring the thinker into being, it is certainly true to say that the thinker brings the thought into being. Neither can rise or stand without the other. So, Sri Om, in my view, says absolutely rightly that it is absurd to say that thought comes first. "

I don't think you have understood what Krishnamurti was saying. He has given innumerable examples about the thinking process. We can easily observe the thinking process ourselves since we are always doing it every day.

Krishnamurti made it clear that one has to slow the thinking process considerably to understand what takes place. Take the example of what happens when you see any object (say a shirt). First there is the physical seeing with the eyes, other senses like touch may operate if close to the object. So first there is only sensation(s).  A fraction of a second later thought arises and then creates the image/imagination of 'I wearing the shirt', 'I looking beautiful in the shirt', 'I want the shirt'.  So the 'I' (thinker) has been created a fraction of a second into the thinking process. Without the thinking process, there is only sensation. The thinking process, thought, creates the I, the thinker, when observed in very slow motion. In normal speed they seem to arise simultaneously.

Dear devotees, moreover, Sri Bhagwan has taught that of all the thoughts that appear in the mind, the thought called 'I' is the first original, basic or principal thought. Only after this rises do other thoughts rise.

And the thought called 'I' is none other than the thinker himself which was termed by Sri Bhagwan as the 'I'-thought or the ego-self. It is our experience that if the thinker subsides, thoughts also subside along with the thinker, and vice versa. Is it not? Sri Bhagwan has taught that the thoughts nourish and sustain the thinker. 

Yes, thought(s) nourishing the thinker is the same thing. Without thought, there is no thinker. Bhagawan, like Krishnamurti,  has made it clear that the mind is only a bundle of thoughts. The mind is not made up of two separate sections - thinker and thoughts. There is no such thing as an independent thinker apart from thought.

So the thinker cannot subside unless thought has subsided.

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: January 09, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »
Dear Devotees and friends,

Sri Bhagwan's Remembrance is constantly with me. I pray and request all of you to pray for me so that I am able to reach the Divine Abode and sit at His Holy Feet and absorb His Grace during this difficult tour to Bangalore. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

You should be able to find accommodation near the ashram. If you come before the 15th, remember that in the month of margazhi, morning parayanam at the ashram starts at 4 am.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: January 12, 2016, 04:21:37 PM »
Information about accommodation in the Ramana Nagar area here in Tiruvannamalai.

I am posting a short list of Ashrams, Guest Houses and Lodges in the Ramana Nagar area. Please get in touch direct with the various contact numbers to make your own enquiries and/or reservations.

Ashrams

Athithi Ashram
www.athithiashram.org
Landline: (0)4175-237817
Mobile: +919940231628

Seshadri Swamigal Ashram
www.swamigal.com
Landline: (0)4175-236999
Mobile: +919443342521

Siva Sannidhi Ashram
http://www.sivasannidhi.com
(0)4175-235089 
+919789378779

Sri Ramana Maharshi Ashram
www.sriramanamaharshi.org
Landline: (0)4175-236624

Sri Yogi Ramsuratkumar
http://yogiramsuratkumarashram.org
Landline: (0)4175-237567
Mobile: +919443383557

Guest Houses

Arunachalam Guest House
Landline: (0)4175-236120
Mobile: +919486722892

Daya Dharma Guest House
Mobile: +919842690554
Near Siva Sakthi Ashram

Mountain Breeze Guest House
Landline: (0)4175-238711
Near Siva Sakthi Ashram

Pink Guest House
Mobile Nos: +919043194989 and +919443542930
Off Manuka Vinayagar Street (Post Office Street)

Sesha Bhavan Guest House
Landline: 04175-236983
Mobile: +9442945619
Near Quo Vadis Centre

Vaaranam Guest House
Near Siva Sakthi Ashram
+919487700544

Lodges

Aakash Inn Near Ramana Ashram
Landline: (0)4175-235300

Lakshmi Residency Inn
www.lakshmiresidencyinn.com
Landline: (0)4175-236099

Ramana Towers
www.ramanatowers.com
Mobile: +919442100656

copied from Arunachala Grace web site
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:23:50 PM by Balaji »
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: January 31, 2016, 08:19:48 AM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:

"I have booked Asram accommodation for five of us from 29th January to 31st and one member of our team has to drop out for some other reason.Wonder whether you can wait that long after your finishing your session in Bangalore on 18th and join us.
You are most welcome to come and stay with me in Chennai."

Dear Sri Ravi, Sri Atmavichar, Sri Sadhak, Sri Balaji, Friends and Devotees,

Pranam,

Dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb, I am overwhelmed with such love and affection that you have in your heart for me! How ardently I wish to visit, stay and spend, I am certain, some beautiful time with you in Chennai, and benefit immensely from the Satsanga with you and your family! When I saw your post I knew that I had lost a great opportunity to be with you in Sri Ramanasramam on 29th Jan, 2016. But since my official engagement at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore was over on 14th Jan, and I had to report what transpired in the Conference on Dam Safety, in Bangalore, I could not afford to stay away from the Headquarter that long, however much I wished otherwise. However, heart-felt thanks for such solicitude for anilbhai and a fellow-devotee!

Dear Sri Atmavichar, Sri Sadhak, Sri Balaji, friends and devotees, so ultimately I accepted your advice and suggestion regarding my visit to Sri Ramanasramam. After my session in Bangalore was over on 14th Jan., and after spending some time with relatives in Bangalore, I set out for Sri Ramanasramam on 16.01.2016 by a taxi at 6.00 a.m. and reached the Ashram at 10.00 a.m.
Dear friends and devotees, while at long last in my cherished Sri Ramanasramam, I remained mostly glued in the Samadhi Hall, sitting at His Lotus Feet and weeping copiously, uncontrollably, most of the time, not knowing why. Though I could not sit and meditate for long this time in the August Old Hall and the Mother's Shrine, on account of paucity of time, I experienced His Presence and Grace, beyond expression, so vividly, in the Old Hall and Mother's Shrine as deeply and palpably as in the Samadhi Hall!
Dear friends and devotees, Sri Ramanasramam, in my mind inexplicably, is the Ultimate Abode of Peace and Grace!

There is nothing much to narrate. However, I would like to narrate one incidence which happened this time which was my ninth visit to the Holy Ashram. When the bell rang for the lunch, I had been sitting at His Lotus Feet in the Samadhi Hall and meditating. I didn't rise and proceed for the lunch because I felt that since I was not a guest this time, I should not have the temerity to enter the Holy Dining Hall to take the lunch. So, I didn't move. However, I had met Dr. Sri Murthy and he knew that I was in the Ashram. When he asked me at 1.00 p.m. why I didn't come to take my lunch and when he came to know the reason, he took me himself to Dining Hall from the Office, asked me to sit on a desk, and himself served the leaf, carried the food-pots and served me whatever food was there in the pot, and didn't allow me to lift the leaf after the lunch was over!

Dear friends and devotees, I have only one earnest wish, and that is, remaining always in the state of enquiry, and here I was totally choked with love and emotion, and weeping copiously and wondering. I know beyond an iota of doubt whatever that Sri Bhagwan has infinite solicitude for His loving devotees, even for such an ordinary and lowly devotee like me, such that one can never fathom!

I purchased a diary, a pendent, a few books from the Book-depot and set out from Sri Ramasramam for Bangalore by the same taxi at 5.0 pm.

Dear friends and devotees, I have returned back in Patna on 19.01. 2016, and hope to keep on posting and sharing my understanding and experience with you when I feel like it and when I have some free time.

Thanks you all so much for your care, love and affection.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:18:53 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: January 31, 2016, 09:13:30 AM »
Bewildering Disputation!!!

Dear Devotees,

This is how the great Poet and Devotee Sri Muruganar has titled His Utterances on Fate and Free-will!

Sri Muruganar: Those who engage in an acrimonious war of words, claiming either that fate is more powerful than the human effort, or that human effort is more powerful than fate, have no knowledge whatsoever of the place of their arising and subsidence.

Sri Bhagwan: The dispute as to which will triumph, fate or free-will, is only for those who are without understanding as to the root of fate and free-will. Those who have known the (ego) self, which is the single source of fate and free-will, are free from those things. Say, will they resort to them thereafter?

Dear devotees, does it not follow from the above that instead of getting entrapped in this bewildering disputation, one should first enquire, become aware of the Spiritual Heart, and SUBTLY  experience in the Heart that sublime state of Mauna, which, in truth, is the Silence of the Self, the Clear Reality, our own Existence? Sri Bhagwan's earnest devotees, in my view, must first seek to understand the root cause of the appearance of fate and free-will by asking, "for whom is the fate and free-will?" Ego-self is indeed the source of fate, free-will and all the endless disputation on them. Even if the ego-self seems to acquire some semblance of reality in the state of relativity, so what? those who aspire to become Self-aware, one's attention should be only there where Sri Bhagwan has so consistently, powerfully but   beseechingly has taught to draw on.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:21:03 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: January 31, 2016, 09:12:13 PM »
Dear Anil

Happy to note that you were able to visit Sri RamanaAshram this time and had a spiritually refreshing time there for few hours and was also was blessed to have Lunch Prasad there being personally served by Dr.Srinivasa Murthy . Many people get upset when they are refused accommdation at Sri RamaAshram and do not visit there . While stay at the Ashram is no doubt a blissful experince , the next best is to stay outside and spend maximun time at the Ashram  in the Old Hall , Samadhi Hall , Mother's shrine etc and absorb the divine presence of Bhagavan .Glad that you took the initiative to travel from Bangalore and spend few valuable hours there and the lunch Prasad was in fact a blessing from Bhagavn itself .
All the best in your sadhana .

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: February 02, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »
Quote from Sri Atmavichar:
"So in essence do not skip visiting Sri Ramana Ashram just because you did not get accommodation at the Ashram , try for another alternative place to stay or at least spend few hours at the Ashram during your visit this time ."

Dear Sri Atmavichar,

Yes, when I learnt from the Ashram Management that Ashram is fully occupied, I didn't think it appropriate to press the matter further, and when I saw your post and observation that I should not skip visiting the Ashram just because I didn't get the accommodation and that having come all the way from Patna, I should spend at least a few hours at the Ashram, my mind was made up and I did exactly that. Thanks very much, dear friend Sri Atmavichar.

Quote:
"Glad that you took the initiative to travel from Bangalore and spend few valuable hours there and the lunch Prasad was in fact a blessing from Bhagavn itself .
All the best in your sadhana."

Yes, even the brief stay (six and half hours) at the Ashram has done to me what nothing whatsoever in the world could ever do.  I experienced totally peaceful and thus absorbed palpably His Grace sitting at His Lotus Feet.  And when I became a little despondent that for the first time in nine visits to the Ashram, I would not be able to receive His Lunch Prasad, His Grace was in operation and I received the Lunch Prasad, and thus His Grace ensured that I didn't go away from the Ashram hungry, almost exactly as I had received my Lunch Prasad during my first visit to Sri Ramanasramam.  Such Love and affection! No body in the three worlds has showered such love and affection on me as Sri Ramansramam.  Indeed Sri Ramanasramam is my Father, Mother and the Guru.

Dear Sri Atmavichar, I thank you once again heartily for well-timed observation and suggestion, and for your well-wishes for success in sadhana.

Pranam,
  Anil 

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:13:21 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: February 02, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »
Quote from Sri Sadhak:
"I don't think you have understood what Krishnamurti was saying. He has given innumerable examples about the thinking process. We can easily observe the thinking process ourselves since we are always doing it every day."

Dear Sri Sadhak,

I am sorry to respond to your post belatedly. This is because I had not seen your post. I have just seen and gone through it.

Dear Sri Sadhak, however, I do not wish to say much. Just I want to ask you whether you are opposed to what I wrote as following. Kindly reply only either in the affirmative or negative, and that will be that, for neither I am competent nor I have any wish to argue on the subject.   

Quote:
"Dear Devotees,

Sri J. Krishnamurti has observed in chapter 10 of the third part of his 'Commentaries on Living' that 'thought creates the thinker; it is the thinking process that brings the thinker into being. Thought comes first, and later the thinker; it is not the other way round'.

Sri Sadhu Om, while commenting on Sri Krishnamurti's above observation, has written aptly and appropriately that the thinker as well as the thoughts arise simultaneously. They are mutually dependent. It follows that if it is true in a certain sense that thought does bring the thinker into being, it is certainly true to say that the thinker brings the thought into being. Neither can rise or stand without the other. So, Sri Om, in my view, says absolutely rightly that it is absurd to say that thought comes first. "

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: February 02, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Anil,
Just now got to see your posts and about your short yet sweet trip to our Bhagavan's abode.You may like to watch this short video clip about how our monkey friends enjoy total freedom at the asramam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoN7GE5llc

We may hear the Vedic Chant going on in the backdrop-the end of 'Durga Suktam' and the beginning of 'Sri Suktam' as part of the Evening parayana-before Tamil Parayana.

We had a splendid time at the asramam from 29/01 to 31/01 and with me was my aged cousin (Sri Dhruvan and his wife.)Dhruvan had seen Bhagavan when he was a kid.His Grandpa(brother of 'appu' sastrigal -Sri Subramania Sastrigal)were devotees of Sri Bhagavan.Dhruvan remembers how he started eating before sri Bhagavan and was scolded by his grandpa for doing so before Sri Bhagavan had given the 'go ahead'.Sri Bhagavan came to his rescue and said that it was alright and that they should not scold a child for eating when food was already served.
Dhruvan can hardly see, is deaf  and is a diabetic.He had a great desire to visit Asramam and this trip was specifically meant for him.I will just share one interesting incident-When we were away on our own in the evening,Dhruvan's wife bought an apple for him to keep him going until evening Dinner.As he was getting ready to savour the apple,one of our monkey friends in the asramam thought it would be nice if he took a bite;in a flash ,he snatched it away leaving Dhruvan brooding over the lost opportunity.After the evening parayana,there was a queue for Dinner.We used to wait till the queue cleared and entered last into the dining hall.We invariably got the Bench seat bang opposite the Place where Sri Bhagavan sat.That day ,the first piece of item that was served on the banana leaf was 'apple'.Sri Bhagavan made good what was snatched away from Dhruvan.Likewise ,in every small detail all the wishes of Dhruvan were met by Bhagavan,but only after some preliminary 'Drama'!

Namaskar

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: February 02, 2016, 01:15:56 PM »
Dear Ravi Sir

Very nice narration of your stay at Ramanashramam and the incidents related to Mr Duruvan.

Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya