Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756805 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3570 on: November 28, 2013, 05:38:31 PM »
Grace! Here lies the heart of spiritual life!
………………………………………………………………………..
……………………………………………………………………….
Without the mysterious operation of Grace, no seeker would be aware that there was something lacking which must be found, or something lost which must be discovered. Grace may be likened to an exquisite love song which is an invitation to the sacred grove of silence where all who have ears to hear may hear this divine call, and enter. Sri Ramana Maharshi radiated Grace, and His Compassion excluded none. HIS-WISDOM-POWER-LOVE WAS, AND REMAINS, MEASURELESS.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Whether Sri Bhagwan walks the earth in a physical form, or whether He has shed it, does not matter, since His Love is ever present, ever powerful, ever active. Whatever path one follows, surely the greatest comfort is to know that the Guru within is truly there, as Sri Bhagwan taught.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
The Sage of Arunachala does not belong to any specific time or place. He is beyond both. Only in this context does He emerge in His true grandeur.
As homage to that wondrous  LOVE SONG, which once heard, is never forgotten or silenced, a modest spiritual bouquet is tendered to the Beloved:

Thou who alone knowest how to love—
Blessed am I to know that Thou lovest me.
Thou wilt never forsake me.
No matter what manner of misfortune befalls me,
When I am shunned, derided, cast aside by others,
Thou art ever there, folding me in tender protectiveness.

When aloneness, fears, doubts, temptations and other
foes assail me,
Thou art there to disperse them and put them to flight.
Thou art my true eternal Love
In Thee alone do I find repose
How to think Thee, O boundless Love?
By offering Thee my poverty-stricken heart!
From an Article named ‘Boundless Love’ written by Sri Gladys De Meuter

Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: November 29, 2013, 08:59:18 AM »
Devotee: Sri Rama asks: “Brahman being pure, how can maya arise from Him and veil Him also?” Guru Sri Vasishta replies:”In pure mind associated with strong dispassion this question will not arise.” Of course in Advaita (non-dualistic) philosophy there can be no place for jiva, Isvara and maya. Oneself sinking into the Self, the vasanas (tendencies) will entirely disappear, leaving no room for such a question.

Sri Bhagwan : The answer will be according to the capacity of the seeker. It is said in the second chapter of Gita that no one is born or dies; but in the fourth chapter Sri Krishna says that numerous incarnations of His and of Arjuna had taken place, all known to Him but not to Arjuna. Which of these statements is true? Both statements are true, but from different standpoints. NOW  A  QUESTION  IS  RAISED:  HOW  CAN  JIVA  RISE  UP  FROM  THE  SELF?  I  MUST  ANSWER.   ONLY  KNOW  YOUR  REAL  BEING,  THEN YOU  WILL  NOT  RAISE  THIS  QUESTION. 

Dear Devotees,

It is obvious that any discussion is possible from only the relative standpoint. Our present knowledge is due to the ego and only relating. Is it not? Relative knowledge requires a subject and an object. But Sri Bhagwan has taught that the Awareness of the Self is ABSOLUTE and requires no object and therefore even the remembrance also is similarly relative, requiring and object to be remembered and a subject to remember. But truth is there is no duality and relativity. So, who is to remember what?

Dear devotees, relative knowledge pertains to the mind and not the Self. It is obviously therefore illusory and impermanent. When we fall asleep, the whole idea of jiva, jagat and of Isvara vanishes and our minds are left blank. What does it matter if the world is in turmoil or in flames or the earth is round or flat when we are asleep? Therefore, in my view, a seeker of Truth must see the futility of all such relative knowledge.

Dear devotees, this is why Sri Bhagwan taught that we must go beyond such relative knowledge and abide in the Self. This is the Real Knowledge and not apprehension by the mind.  This is why Sri Bhagwan taught that PREACHING  IS  SIMPLE  COMMUNICATION  OF  KNOWLEDGE.  ABSOLUTE  CAN  THEREFORE   BE  PREACHED  IN  SILENCE  ONLY. After all, the thoughts and words are the grandson and great grandson of the Absolute Knowledge respectively. Therefore, we should ponder that if thoughts and words can have some effect, albeit vitiated, how much more powerful must indeed be preaching through Silence.

Sri Bhagwan : Which is better: To preach loudly without effect or to sit silently sending forth intuitive forces to play on others?

Dear devotees, I feel that even while we are sadhaks or seekers, we should not consider inwardly that we are separate. How were we before being born or how will we be after death? If we do that it will be easy for us to understand that there is no use discussing always from relative standpoint. WE  ARE  AWARE  OF  OUR  FORM  IN  DEEP  SLEEP.  ARE  WE  NOT? THEREFORE,  WHY  SHOULD  WE  CONSIDER  OURSELVES  AS  INDIVIDUALS  INWARDLY?     

Sri Bhagwan has taught: “Beginningless  predisposition makes one do wrong.” Without Jnana this predisposition cannot vanish. What is to be done? Reality is One only. How can It be realised? Realisation is thus an illusion. Practice seems to be necessary. Who is to practice?? Looking for the doer, the act and the accessories disappear. 

The beginningless predisposition goes away if we go deeper and deeper within to know our Real Being or our Swarupa or the Self. This is the infallible method taught by Sri Bhagwan.

Hence, the conclusion is that all thoughts and words are opposed to our Real Nature. 
GRACE  REVEALS  THE  SWARUPA  IN  SILENCE  ALONE. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: November 29, 2013, 02:51:24 PM »
In the Article named “BHAGWAN’S  PHOTOGRAPGS:  WRITTEN  IN  LIGHT”, Sri Dev Gogoi has written as follows:

“When the ancient Chinese sage observed that one picture is worth a thousand words, he was right. When photography was born less than two hundred years ago—still yet so young—collective wisdom drew from the equally classical Greek to name her, quite literally, “Writing with Light”. “

“Today, forty six years after Sri Ramana Maharshi’s Mahasamadhi and a century after He quit school and home, we are left with, among other ineffable Blessings, His photographs. IN  A  LANGUAGE  MORE  DIRECT  THAN  SPEECH,  SILENTLY  IN  THE  LIGHT,  HE  SPEAKS. Every individual will have his or her favourite image. Whichever it may be, Bhagwan appears alive—powerfully present, full of compassion, totally understanding, radiating an all-embracing Wisdom, Peace and Love.

Now, a few words from and a few things about those great Souls who photographed Sri Bhagwan:
Sri T. N. Krishnaswami, the then official photographer of the Ashram wrote in 1967:
“Owing to my busy life in Madras , I could usually spend only a day or a part of the day at Tiruvannamalai when I went there. I always took my camera with me and I used to spend the whole time with the Maharshi and take as many photos of Him as I could. I was afraid He would get annoyed at my persistence, but He never did. I have photographed Him walking, sitting, eating, wiping His Feet. I have caught Him smiling and laughing, speaking and silent, and also in Samadhi. Once He was going up the Hill when it started to rain and He was offered a home –made palm-leaf umbrella and I snapped Him using it. I took another picture of Him using an ordinary umbrella and smiling broadly as He did so.”
“Sometimes, I used to wonder if it was not ridiculous of me to pay so much attention to photography when His Teaching was that “I am not the body”. Was I not chasing shadow and even trying to perpetuate it? At the time I paid very little attention to His Teaching. I was attracted only by the Beauty and Grace of His Person. It gave me immense pleasure to take pictures of Him. HE  WAS  MORE  IMPORTANT  THAN  HIS  TEACHING.”

“Later when He was no longer bodily with us, I turned to His Teaching; and then I found that the Grace of His Presence had prepared me for it. I had been attracted to Him as a child is to its mother, without knowing why, and I had derived sustenance from Him as a child does from its mother. I was glad afterwards that I had enjoyed His Presence so fully when He was bodily with us. His Teaching pulsated with life. I began to understand it and it mixed with my being and became my own.”     

Sri Dev Gogoi:
“Sri P.R.S. Mani also photographed Bhagwan. One particular portrait became very popular in its time. It was referred to as the “Mani Bust”. It is a tight head shot; Bhagwan’s hair is not yet four weeks long and He is smiling; a handsome face. It is the eyes which are arresting, jet black and fathomless,  LIKE  WHIRLPOOLS  PULLING  ONE  INTO  THE  SELF.”

“Sri G.G. Welling, the professional photographer from Bangalore and Belgaum, took what is perhaps the finest series of pictures of Bhagwan. There are only nine or ten of them. Each is marked by great elegance, simplicity and beauty, as distinctive as a signature. The props are minimal: a plain, dark background; walking stick; tiger skin and rugs. And Bhagwan Himself filling the frame. He is at His most beautiful physically, silver hair not yet sacrificed to the barber’s razor. It was a perfect meeting of photographer and subject. While a careful attempt to record Bhagwan’s Voice resulted in an inexplicable failure—THE  PRISTINE  SILENCE,  on the other hand, was faithfully captured—He was extremely cooperative in front of the camera, as obedient as a dutiful child, as solicitous as a doting parent. “
“When Sri Welling was about to take His pictures, Bhagwan asked if there was sufficient light, Sri Welling said, “BHAGWAN,  YOU  ARE  THE  LIGHT”.

Sri Cartier-Bresson, certainly one of the greatest photographers of the twentieth century, visited Tiruvannamalai in 1948 and 1950. Like a true master, he had the uncanny knack of being at the right place at the right time, capturing his decisive moment with astonishing artistry and professional regularity. He says:

“Sri Ramana Mahrshi was a completely accomplished being. At Tiruvannamalai I saw a ball of fire moving slowly across the sky. As a practical Frenchman I timed it. Some kid came out and said that Bhagwan died 13 minutes to 9 in the evening. I think He was buried vertically. I took some pictures with a flash which is something I never do.”
Source: Centenary Souvenir, 1896—1996

Dear devotees, why Sri Bhagwan did allow so many photographers to photograph Him? He, in my view, allowed them to take photographs for us, that is, out of great compassion for His devotees who were and are to come to Him after He shed the body.   AND  HENCE,  I  FEEL AS  THE  AUTHOR  OF  THIS  ARTICLE: THERE  IS  MUCH  MORE  TO  THE  PHOTOGRAPHIC  ASPECT  OF  SRI  BHAGWAN’S  PRESENCE  AMONGST  US.  WE  MAY  NEVER  GET  TO  KNOW  IT,  FOR  HIS  PHOTOGRAPHS  HAVE  BEEN  WRITTEN  IN  LIGHT!

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
   Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: November 29, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
Holding on the vision of the Absolute, abandoning all objects of contemplation, abiding in your own Self, and liberated even while alive, play in the world, O Raghava!

Outwardly active but inwardly inactive, outwardly a doer but inwardly a nondoer, play in the world, O Raghava!

Conducting yourself nobly and strictly keeping to worldly conventions but inwardly free and completely detached, play in the world, O Raghava!

Selections from Yoga Vasishta by Sri Bhagwan

Pranam,
  Anil 

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: November 29, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »
Dear Sri Anil ,

I was so delighted to see Your post today,about Bhagavan's pictures. Especially coz my favorite picture of Bhagavan is picture with umbrella. I just love it! His wonderful,wonderful smile ...

Thank You very much my dear friend!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: November 30, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »
A respected western Vipassana teacher pointed out that it was three centuries after the Budha’s Mahanirvana before any images in His Likeness were made. Two and a half millennia after His passing, THIS  NEED  TO  REPRESENT  HIS  HUMAN  FORM  HAS  SPAWNED  A  VAST  AND  EXPRESSIVE  ICONOGRAPHY.  As befitting the twentieth century, Bhagwan has left us with authentic templates; photos bouncing off His perished form, focussed through glass, etching patterns of light and shadow on equally fragile silver salts embedded in translucent gelatine. What then is imperishable, permanent, real? There comes a time-outside the time itself—when one shuts the eyes to both word and picture, to enter the bliss of simply being. IRU.  SUMMA  IRU.
Sri Dev Gogoi, Centenary Souvenir

Dear Sri Jewell,

Thanks very much, dear friend, for posting Sri Bhagwan’s Picture with umbrella. Sri Bhagwan smiling broadly in the picture is indeed wonderful.  Although I have many photographs of Sri Bhagwan and Sri Arunachala hanging on the walls all over my house in Patna, I love the Welling Bust most. There are two of them, one tilted and the other straight.  When I visited Sri Ramanasramam in 2007, I was spellbound by looking at a very large Welling Bust, one which is slightly tilted, and I immediately purchased it.

Yes, until that time when there comes a time which is outside of time itself, when we shut the eyes to both word and picture, to enter the Bliss of our benign Being, these graced Photographs of Sri Bhagwan will keep fulfilling our need for His Human Form.

Thanks very much, my dear friend, once again.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: November 30, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »
Sri Bhagwan : Silence is the most powerful form of teaching transmitted from master to adept. The soundless voice is pure intuition. It is the voice of spiritual sound speaking in our innermost being. Self-enquiry is the only path we have in order to eliminate spiritual unconsciousness, which is widespread. Self-enquiry brings consciousness of the divine, the universal truth and the light that governs the universe. All this must be known, felt, lived and realised. In order to realise this truth, we need to eliminate the thinking mind, to dissolve it in the Universal Self. 

Dear Devotees,

Self-enquiry is the only Path in order to eliminate the spiritual unconsciousness, which is wide spread. For, after practicing Self-enquiry for some time, a current of awareness is awakened, which goes on intensifying, as one goes deeper and deeper in its practice, with firm determination and perseverance, till the ego is consumed and only the Self remains. At some point of the practice itself, one begins to understand and experience intuitively that this current of awareness is ever-present, all-pervading, and is independent of the body-mind. This is not as one being discovering another, but discovering of the Self through the Self-consciousness of the Supreme Being Itself.   Thus, the Self-enquiry requires only keen, alert and constant search for our own identity by observing the Source of the ego or the ‘I’-thought. Since the mind is only a bundle of insentient thoughts, and all thoughts depend on the ‘I’-thought, it is easy to understand that watching the ‘I’-thought with greater and greater concentration will introvert the mind and take it back to its Source, that is, the Self or the Heart, which alone is our true Identity.   

Therefore, dear devotees, I do not know any other path which is as rational and as scientific as the Method of the Self-enquiry. It is the Path which does not demand blind faith. On the other hand, only constant awareness, alertness and keen and sustained questioning is advocated. Can such questioning ever be unscientific and irrational?

Dear devotees, the world at large has not yet, in my view, realised the full import of Sri Bhagwan’s Advent and Incarnation, for in the universally applicable Method of Self-enquiry lies the simplest solution to every problem whatever.   But the human mind, which revels in creating complexities and intricacies and in finding their solution, and which has conquered many complicated fields through scientific research, will hardly accept the fact that in such a simple Method of the Enquiry lies the answer to everything, for the mind revels in the glory of mastering complicated and ornate techniques. Does it not?

Yet, I am cent percent certain that the supremely beneficial Method is attractive to the mind after all, for the mind is the fulcrum of Self-enquiry.

SELF-ENQUIRY  AS  TAUGHT  BY  BHAGWAN  SRI  RAMANA  IS  THE  GREATEST  ADVENTURE,  FOR  IT  IS  THE  ADVENTURE  IN  THE  REALM  OF  THE  SPIRIT.  It far surpasses the adventure of science in its rational analysis. As a seeker explores the very nature of one’s being, he far surpasses the adventure of an explorer and even the adventure of an artist in its spontaneous creativity.

Therefore, the Self-enquiry is the simplest of all methods but at the same time is also the greatest adventure. As any adventure does not allow the adventurist to wallow in ease, relaxation and forgetfulness at any point, the Method of the Self-enquiry demands only constant awareness, keen alertness and sustained and continued questioning as to one’s true Identity.   If we are able to do that unwaveringly, it implies that Sri Bhagwan’s Grace is in operation and when His Grace and our effort combine, and act and react on each other, there is nothing that cannot be achieved.   

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil         

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: November 30, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »
     Parting Words

When I go from hence
let this be my parting word,
that what I have seen is unsurpassable.

I have tasted of the hidden honey of this lotus
that expands on the ocean of light,
and thus am I blessed
---let this be my parting word.

In this playhouse of infinite forms
I have had my play
and here have I caught sight of him that is formless.

My whole body and my limbs
have thrilled with his touch who is beyond touch;
and if the end comes here, let it come
---let this be my parting word.

Sri Rabindranath Tagore

Pranam,
  Anil

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: November 30, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
A respected western Vipassana teacher pointed out that it was three centuries after the Budha’s Mahanirvana before any images in His Likeness were made. Two and a half millennia after His passing, THIS  NEED  TO  REPRESENT  HIS  HUMAN  FORM  HAS  SPAWNED  A  VAST  AND  EXPRESSIVE  ICONOGRAPHY.  As befitting the twentieth century, Bhagwan has left us with authentic templates; photos bouncing off His perished form, focussed through glass, etching patterns of light and shadow on equally fragile silver salts embedded in translucent gelatine. What then is imperishable, permanent, real? There comes a time-outside the time itself—when one shuts the eyes to both word and picture, to enter the bliss of simply being. IRU.  SUMMA  IRU.
Sri Dev Gogoi, Centenary Souvenir

Dear Sri Jewell,

Thanks very much, dear friend, for posting Sri Bhagwan’s Picture with umbrella. Sri Bhagwan smiling broadly in the picture is indeed wonderful.  Although I have many photographs of Sri Bhagwan and Sri Arunachala hanging on the walls all over my house in Patna, I love the Welling Bust most. There are two of them, one tilted and the other straight.  When I visited Sri Ramanasramam in 2007, I was spellbound by looking at a very large Welling Bust, one which is slightly tilted, and I immediately purchased it.

Yes, until that time when there comes a time which is outside of time itself, when we shut the eyes to both word and picture, to enter the Bliss of our benign Being, these graced Photographs of Sri Bhagwan will keep fulfilling our need for His Human Form.

Thanks very much, my dear friend, once again.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Dear Sri Anil,

I must say that pictures You mentioned i also love very much. One of my favorites,and the one i have in my room is Willing Bust also,but straight one. Among them is also one which i will post here. Close up of Bhagavan while reading. They are indeed more than picture,Bhagavan Himself.

Also,Your post from today,about self enquiry,i find so beautiful and true. I have same feelings about it. It is such a blessing to thread this Noble path.

Here is one more picture of Bhagavan which i love very much:

Just to add,that is wonderful excerpt from Souvenirs You posted. One thing caught my attention specially,and that is,Summa Iru! :)

Thank You very much,my dear friend through Bhagavan,dear Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:44:26 PM by Jewell »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: December 01, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“They are indeed more than picture,Bhagavan Himself.

Also, Your post from today, about self enquiry, i find so beautiful and true. I have same feelings about it. It is such a blessing to thread this Noble path.

One thing caught my attention specially, and that is, Summa Iru!”

Dear Sri Jewell,

When I came to Sri Bhagwan, irresistibly, irreversibly and irrevocably in 2005, when His Grace lit the Path, I searched frantically for His Photographs in the city I lived. But I found none in any shop. So, I searched for the same in the net and the first ever Photograph which I downloaded from the net was the one you posted yesterday. This Photograph helped me in the beginning to shift my attention from the transient, the ephemeral, from the world of thoughts, to the Reality within me, to the Self-existence, or to the ‘I’-consciousness or to ‘I am’, and concentrate upon it.

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, great, old devotees of Sri Bhagwan inspired me greatly by their writing and reminisces and helped me understand Sri Bhagwan’s Path in the beginning. Although His Grace initiated me with an inexplicable experience, nevertheless, I craved to understand the Path in its totality, even intellectually to begin with, for I was certain that it would get established as Experience at the right time. In this context, I wish to add that the great devotee, Dr. Sarada’s insights also helped me initially to understand and grasp the Direct Path as taught by Sri Bhagwan. What follows is an answer given by Dr. Sarada to an interviewer regarding Sri Bhagwan’s Photographs:

Interviewer: When you say you have been with Bhagwan Sri Ramana at the office the other day, are you referring only to seeing His Photograph, or was it a vision of some sort? Were the other occasions you referred to also only what you felt on looking at His Picture?

Dr. Sarada: ‘Don’t be misguided into thinking these are just ‘photographs’, I remonstrated. I am blessed with the recognition that these carry the full power of the Sadguru’s Presence.’ And in those magic moments I have been with Him. In the many Pictures of the twinkling Smile, the enveloping Look, the graceful bend of the Head, the side-long Glance, the quizzical raising of Brows, the intent Gaze, distant yet near, the shining Eyes………A hundred thousand Pictures in each one and in each the world itself contained, different every moment, yet ever unchanging.

My dear friend, Sri Jewell, I dare to say that I have also been blessed, like so many, many others, with the recognition that these GRACED  PHOTOGRAPHS  OF  SRI  BHAGWAN  CARRY  UNDOUBTEDLY THE  FULL  POWER  OF  THE  SADGURU’S  PRESENCE.

Dear friend, yes, the Path of Self-enquiry gave new meaning to our hither to mundane lives in general and to our spiritual search in particular. Twin blades of Enquiry, in my view, is the panacea for all the ills plaguing the modern human civilization. On the one hand the “Who am I?” Enquiry helps shift the attention from the cacophonous canvass outside on to oneself, to the ‘I’-consciousness or to the feeling of existence, that is, ‘I am’, with unceasing vigilance and watchfulness. On the other hand, “Whence am I?” Enquiry is that magic door which opens to the ‘Source-Attention’ which leads to ‘Being Still’ or ‘Iru’-‘Summa Iru’, and ultimately culminates in the Realisation of the Atma-swarupa or the Self and one is established as the Supreme Bliss Itself. 

Never before, in the annals of spiritual history, Jnana and Bhakti were so completely merged together and demonstrated by real living, for His Life Itself is the spontaneous demonstration, to one and all, of this Grand Marriage.

Thanks very much. my dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: December 02, 2013, 02:30:32 AM »
Dear Sri Anil ,

How true,and how beautifully said! Indeed,for me,Bhagavan was always a perfect Sage and perfect man. I believe that this is perfection in right sense of that word. Most of all,His Goodness,His Kindness. Because,God is for me just that,Supreme Goodness. There are many realized Sages,many Great Saints,but even with all this,perfect representation of God will in all fullness only be someone like Bhagavan.

And all this is reflected and deeply seen in all His gestures,every step He made,and indeed,in His photographs. Truly,i always felt He is present whenever i look at His pictures. Watching through the depth of my being ,of my Soul. Helping me to become more aware,more awake. Like that picture i have posted. So powerful,beyond words. Indeed,Bhagavan Himself! He is Reality,the God Himself.

A hundred thousand Pictures in each one and in each the world itself contained, different every moment, yet ever unchanging

What can be better said then this! I share same feelings . And like You said,Bhagavan and His teachings are something perfect for this age,for any age. He is like sweet cooling balm for this age of war and hatred. I couldn't imagine better Guru and better teaching then self enquiry. With it,for me,Bhagavan message and teaching is also,message of Love. It transforms us,our lives,in such wonderful and magical ways,it is absolutely unbelievable . I could truly never imagine. How wonderful and beautiful God is! How powerful and magnificent His ways are! Such Glory,Such Greatness... Love Itself,Goodness itself!
Nothing is Greater then Him. Who will see and understand such Greatness?! Only with His Divine eyes.

Thank You so much my dear friend,for such a lovely post and sharing!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:42:49 AM by Jewell »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
Sri Ramana Maharshi is an ideal held out before mankind because of His great depth of Peace, His intrepid flow of Power, His extraordinary development of Dispassion, His melting Love, His bright Wisdom, which flashes over the world’s encircling darkness of ignorance, and His beatific Life.
Sri Ganapati Muni

Those who say that the reality has no form are those who do not know the reality. For the form of the Sage [sahaja nishtha] who correctly knows and abides in the reality, Self, the nature of which is like the [all-pervading] nature of space, is verily the form of the reality. Know this.
V.656, GVK
Sri Muruganar’s comment : Through this verse, Sri Bhagavan disproves the saying, ‘The reality has no form’. How? Since the Sage [sahaja nishtha] who has known the reality as it is, is none other than the reality, He Himself is the very form of that reality. This is what is meant by saying, ‘Jnani Himself is Self’.

Dear Sri Jewell,

I was wonder-struck to read your deeply inspired and heart-felt response. When I read your post, I felt as if I had been hearing the echo of my own heart. Silence beckoned and I didn’t wish to think thoughts and so was not able to formulate an adequate response to your wonderfully inspiring post. Thanks so much, my dear friend, Sri Jewell.

V. 7-18 of the Srimad Bhagavad Gita also teaches that Jnani is the Self or the Atma. Sri Bhagwan is the Supreme Jnani, and therefore He is our Innermost Self.  And if the Self or the All-pervading Real ‘I’ or the Atma-Swarupa has a form at all, Sri Bhagwan Himself is verily that Form.  Sri Bhagwan Himself has taught that God and Guru are one, and they are identical with the Self Supreme Who is the One Eternal Truth, the Core of our own being, the Heart.  Therefore, if we have understood both intellectually as well as intuitively that God, Guru and the Self are One and the same, we are ever in Sri Bhagwan’s Benign Presence.

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, Sri Bhagwan taught that it is necessary to keep attention on the Self if one is to make progress on the spiritual path. But since Sri Bhagwan is the Self, Love for Sri Bhagwan is the Love for the Self.  Therefore, there should not be even an iota of doubt that if we look at Sri Bhagwan’s Photograph, gaze into His Eyes and thus concentrate on His Image, have love and devotion towards His Form and Teaching, and gradually surrender to Him, He will, beyond doubt, take us or pull us towards the Goal, that is, Realization of the Swarupa, or the Real Self. SO,  HIS  FORM  AS  THE  SADGURU    PUSHES  US  WITHIN  FROM  WITHOUT,   AND  HIS  PRESENCE  AS  THE  INNERMOST  SELF  PULLS  US  FROM  WITHIN  TO  THE  CENTRE. 

Self is Pure Consciousness and therefore It cannot be perceived objectively. But Sri Annamalai Swami  has said that one can keep attention on the Self indirectly by having Darshan of Sri Bhagwan’s Form. So, many old devotees who were not able to engage in conscious search for the Self (Self-enquiry), His Presence and Grace enabled them to glimpse the Reality that we always are.  This was even affirmed by the first European devotee, Sri H.M. Humphreys when he said it was wonderful what a difference it made to have been in His Presence.

Yet, dear friend, Sri Annamalai Swami says: ‘When I used to look at Bhagwan’s picture He seemed to be saying to me, ‘I went beyond this body and established Myself as Consciousness. Now you try and do the same.’
And Sri Swami says further, “There is nothing wrong with looking at Bhagwan’s picture. It is a very good practice. But you should not get sidetracked from your main objective which is establishing yourself as Consciousness. Don’t get attached to states of bliss or give them priority over the quest for the Self. If you become attached to peaceful or blissful states you may lose interest in your main quest. It is good to feel blissful and peaceful but don’t indulge yourself in these states at the expense of Self-enquiry. If you realise the Inner Self , if you realise that there is not an atom which is apart from the Self, you will experience the real Peace and Bliss of the Self. YOU  WILL  BE  THE  PEACE  AND  BLISS  RATHER  THAN  BEING  THE  EXPERIENCER  OF  IT.  If you enjoy temporary states of peace and bliss  IN  THE  MIND,  the experience of that peace and bliss will not want to subside into the Self and disappear.”

Therefore, we must not remain attached to temporary mental peace. We must go beyond it to the Self’s Real Peace and Bliss. For Sri Bhagwan Himself  has taught:

“To subside and BE absorbed into the Source is verily Karma, Bhakti, Yoga, and Jnana.”
(I  AM  AWARE  THAT   ABOVE   IS  THE  UNIVERSAL  TEACHING  DESTINED  TO  LIVE  FOR  EVER  AND  FOR  EVER.)

Thus, my dear friend, Sri Jewell, Bhagwan Sri Ramana is an Ideal held out before the mankind, as Sri Ganapati Muni put it, and He is the Saviour of the mankind as Sri Grant Duf put it. And as far as I am concerned, I am reminded of the following immortal composition of Sri Percy Shelly from the Adonais:

“That Light whose smile kindles the Universe,
       That Beauty in which all things work and move,
       That Benediction which the eclipsing Curse
       Of birth can quench not, that sustaining Love
       Which through the web of being blindly wove
       By man and beast and earth and air and sea,
       Burns bright or dim, as each are mirrors of
       The fire for which all thirst; now beams on me,
       Consuming the last clouds of cold mortality.”

Thanks very much, my dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:43:20 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: December 08, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
In order that the bonds of destiny
And all its kindred may at last be loosened,
And so that one may also be released
From the dread cycle of birth and death,
This path than others is far easier,
Therefore be still and keep a silent hold
On tongue and mind and body. That which is
The Self-effulgent will arise within
This is the Supreme Experience. Fear will cease.
This is the boundless sea of Perfect Bliss!

Bhagwan Sri Ramana

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: December 13, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »
The Gardener: Peace, My Heart

Peace, my heart, let the time for
the parting be sweet.
Let it not be a death but completeness.
Let love melt into memory and pain
into songs.
Let the flight through the sky end
in the folding of the wings over the
nest.
Let the last touch of your hands be
gentle like the flower of the night.
Stand still, O Beautiful End, for a
moment, and say your last words in
silence.
I bow to you and hold up my lamp
to light you on your way.
Sri Rabindranath Tagore

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: December 14, 2013, 01:20:23 AM »
Dear Sri Anil,

I always find myself deeply touched by Your responses. Everything i feel and ponder over,is expressed in them. How wonderful is that! That is enough for me to see that there is no any distance between us. We are One,all is Him. Every single thing is breathing only His Name.
Like Sri Shelley so beautifully expressed in this part of the immortal poem,Bhagavan is our Light,our Guru and God. Love and Beauty,Goodness and Might.

What can i add to this. I cannot find the words. Thatsfor i will post these wonderful words of wisdom,which are saying all my heart is whispering.

Here there is no we or I or this or that:
He remains, He remains, He remains!

Sharafuddin Maneri 

Thank You very much,dear friend,dear Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:24:19 AM by Jewell »