Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758729 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #1635 on: April 29, 2012, 03:05:03 PM »
Quote:
“Whenever the false 'I' raises, let it practice Sadhana, let it do something, something that is related to divinity, let it do enquiry, let it do Bhakti, Let it do Seva (service), Let it do ritual worship, etc..

If we leave this false 'I' astray, it will become a devils workshop  The false 'I' raises, still, because, we are still bound by our Vasanas or predispositions, which, is not yet won over. Hence, it is good to keep this false 'I' in tune with the divinity, at all times, it is raised. it is only for a very less time, this false 'i' does not raise, most times, this fase 'I' remains, which we need to train it to go back to source with some aids such as worships that have been laid out by our traditions.

Salutations to Bhagavan”

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

I shall rather say that if it cannot do Atma-Vichra, at least let it do something, some sadhana at least, Bhakti, japa, worship etc. which suits it according to its present capacity. However, it is worth mention here the great conversation that took place about 114 years before:

Sri Sivaprakasham Pillai asked, “But when will all the instincts and tendencies (vasanas), such as that to self-presevation, be subdued in us?”
Sri Bhagwan replies, “The more you withdraw into the Self, the more these tendencies wither, and finally they drop off.”
Sri Pillai, “IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE TO ROOT OUT ALL THESE TENDENCIES THAT HAVE SOAKED INTO OUR MINDS THROUGH MANY BIRTHS?”
Sri Bhagwan, “Never yield room in your mind for such doubts, but dive into the Self with firm resolve. If the mind is constantly directed to the Self by this Enquiry it is eventually dissolved and transformed into the Self. When you feel any doubt do not try to elucidate it but to know who it is to whom the doubt occurs. 

Besides, Sri Bhagwan says that there is no other method is adequate except Self-enquiry. It is an infallible method, He says. IF THE MIND IS LULLED BY OTHER MEANS IT STAYS QUIET FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THEN SPRINGS UP AGAIN AND RESUMES ITS FORMER ACTIVITY.

Therefore, dear Sri Nagaraj, although Enquiry is said to be an ancient path, Self-enquiry as taught by Him is a NEW REVELATION and is a holistic method, i.e. it is greater than the sum of its components. AND CERTAINLY IT IS NOT AN INTELLECTUAL EXERCISE and deliberations.
It itself shows the Path and Sri Bhagwan is Himself the Guide, and, therefore, in my view, It is the Path of Grace. All one need do is to walk the Path with Faith, steadfastness and perseverance. All one need do is hold the doubter as even a single doubt arises without elucidating the doubt.

Thank you,
  Anil 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 29, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »
Dear Anil.

Once some devotee asked Sri Bhagavan: Should we not be patriotic?

Sri Bhagavan said: Do not try to be this and that. You should only be That, which is You.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 29, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »

Quote:
"You should only be That, which is You."

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

I should be only That, which is 'I'.

Thank you so much,sir.

Regards,
  Anil 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 29, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »
Dear i,

Sri Sivaprakasham Pillai asked, “But when will all the instincts and tendencies (vasanas), such as that to self-presevation, be subdued in us?”
Sri Bhagwan replies, “The more you withdraw into the Self, the more these tendencies wither, and finally they drop off.”
Sri Pillai, “IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE TO ROOT OUT ALL THESE TENDENCIES THAT HAVE SOAKED INTO OUR MINDS THROUGH MANY BIRTHS?”
Sri Bhagwan, “Never yield room in your mind for such doubts, but dive into the Self with firm resolve. If the mind is constantly directed to the Self by this Enquiry it is eventually dissolved and transformed into the Self. When you feel any doubt do not try to elucidate it but to know who it is to whom the doubt occurs. 

Besides, Sri Bhagwan says that there is no other method is adequate except Self-enquiry. It is an infallible method, He says. IF THE MIND IS LULLED BY OTHER MEANS IT STAYS QUIET FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THEN SPRINGS UP AGAIN AND RESUMES ITS FORMER ACTIVITY.

Therefore, dear Sri Nagaraj, although Enquiry is said to be an ancient path, Self-enquiry as taught by Him is a NEW REVELATION and is a holistic method, i.e. it is greater than the sum of its components. AND CERTAINLY IT IS NOT AN INTELLECTUAL EXERCISE and deliberations.
It itself shows the Path and Sri Bhagwan is Himself the Guide, and, therefore, in my view, It is the Path of Grace. All one need do is to walk the Path with Faith, steadfastness and perseverance. All one need do is hold the doubter as even a single doubt arises without elucidating the doubt.

True, yes, surely, one has to have a firm resolve and dive deep within. But, like Pranayama, other devotional practices somehow are required to suit our lifestyles, so as to culminate into Self Enquiry in the end. When we spend the day with a lot of worldly activities, and jobs demanding a lot of mental jabbering, a short sweet period of a regular preliminary practice of some practice, is very helpful for one to facilitate for a firm resolve to dive deep within.

Over a regular and sincere practice, these preliminaries also may not be required, when one can truly dive deep. As we are faced with a  very dynamic environment, noises outside, television, crowd, people, some times, these pranamayas, and other spiritual practices become a little essential, for the mind to quieten down. All methods finally culminates to Self Enquiry.

While yes, Bhagavan has said so, that, “The more you withdraw into the Self, the more these tendencies wither, and finally they drop off.” i am unable to give a reason, i am humbled to give any excuse here :) i only contemplate and say to myself, i have to try better, resolve better. Thank you, for this.

Just a thought or a question is popping my mind, in your opinion, do you suggest, one leave out all the other practices one is currently doing, and, take fine and firm resolve and stick to just this alone? i request you to please share your thoughts on this. if it is fine, could you also share, how do you pass your time? i would like to hear from you, for my personal benefit. Thank you.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:39:37 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 29, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »
Dear i,

Perhaps, you have pointed out to me (everyone) the point of vulnerability. This point where, everybody finds it difficult to decide, or 'be' the teaching itself.

This is the borderline, where one feels the urge to renounce the world and engage truly and fully in diving deep within all the waking time. Devotees, like Muruganar, who himself, looks to me like a big banyan tree, leaving aside Bhagavan :) such a devotee, even the remembrance of whom, makes my hair raise, at awe, himself, being unable to remain as 'that' went about composing songs on Bhagavan Vachanamritam, it is said, that, Muruganar had composed about 30,000 poems on Bhagavan all his life.

Such being the predicament of even Muruganar, even thinking about Bhagavan, gives raise to palpitations (படபடப்பு Padapadappu)) from within, the heart. The 'I' raises, remains, it jumps, like as though in fire, not knowing what to do, this moment, not knowing, how to pass this very moment, all the knowledge apart, yes, there is no passing this moment, but, yet, the urge remains - palpitations (படபடப்பு Padapadappu)) some sensation, purely non physical, there is no question either, there is no asking either, but, something, but, something. This goes away, due to concentration, focusing within, meditation, contemplation, observation, Just being, only to come back again, again.

What is to 'be' - perhaps, it asks without conveying through words or thoughts!

It is shaken, or, shell shocked at the darshan (seeing) of Bhagavan. What is He, What is He, rather, what is that, what is that, He puzzles me, that puzzles me to death, but never to die as well. I remain. I am.

(blank)

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:02:47 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 30, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »
Quote:
“Over a regular and sincere practice, these preliminaries also may not be required, when one can truly dive deep. As we are faced with a very dynamic environment, noises outside, television, crowd, people, some times, these pranamayas, and other spiritual practices become a little essential, for the mind to quieten down. All methods finally culminates to Self Enquiry.

While yes, Bhagavan has said so, that, “The more you withdraw into the Self, the more these tendencies wither, and finally they drop off.” i am unable to give a reason, i am humbled to give any excuse here  i only contemplate and say to myself, i have to try better, resolve better. Thank you, for this.

Just a thought or a question is popping my mind, in your opinion, do you suggest, one leave out all the other practices one is currently doing, and, take fine and firm resolve and stick to just this alone? i request you to please share your thoughts on this. if it is fine, could you also share, how do you pass your time? i would like to hear from you, for my personal benefit. Thank you.”

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

Everyone pursues best the spiritual practice to which he is naturally inclined and which suits him best. My submission is this that being rational beings and sadhakas as well, we should hold on to two basics:
First, what is the Goal ? Why are we doing any spiritual sadhana at all? Certainly, it is not solely for material gains. So, apart from material progress, Goal can be truly meaningful only if it is Self-Awareness. The second, my submission is this that the method adopted should be the one which helps link the sadhaka to the Goal. Can there ever be a better method than the Self-enquiry for this purpose? Therefore, one can always add or integrate Self-enquiry with distinct advantage to any sadhana he or she is already pursuing. WITHOUT LOSING HOLD OF THE SELF-ATTENTION OR THE QUESTION ‘WHO ONE IS AFTER ALL ?’ , ONE CAN ALWAYS PRACTICE SAHANA OF HIS PREFERNCE, BE IT WORSHIP, YOGA, JAPA, REPETITION OF SACRED SYLLABLES, Bhakti, SURRENDER, ETC.

Dear Sri Nagaraj, we would do well to remember that although Sri Bhagwan always laid emphasis on the Self-enquiry but when a certain devotee was unable to be convinced, He never insisted that anyone should change their beliefs and sadhana. On the contrary, He happily gave advice on other spiritual sadhanas to such devotees and seekers.

Sri Bhagwan says that the Self-enquiry leads to the Self, the others elsewhere. Even if the other sadhanas lead to the Self, Sri Bhagwan says that it is only because they lead at the end to the FIRST PATH which ultimately lead to the Goal. So, in the end, sadhakas has to adopt the FIRST PATH. Therefore, why not now ? Why waste time ? Why the roundabout way for reaching the Self that one ever is, whether he knows it or not ?

However, having said as the above, again I reiterate that any method is better than no method. Any sadhana is better than no sadhana, for there is always a possibility that it will eventually lead to the Self-enquiry.

Dear Sri Nagaraj, yes, Sri Bhagwan did admit of pranayama as a legitimate help. Let us listen what Sri Bhagwan says about the practice of breath control:
“Breath control is also a help. It is one of the various methods that are intended to help us attain one-pointedness. Breath control can also help to control the wandering mind and attain this one-pointedness and therefore it can be used. But one should not stop there. After obtaining control of the mind through breathing exercises one should not rest content with any experience that may accrue therefrom, but should harness the controlled mind to the question ‘Who am I?’ till the mind merges in the Self.”
 Quote:
 “Just a thought or a question is popping my mind, in your opinion, do you suggest, one leave out all the other practices one is currently doing, and, take fine and firm resolve and stick to just this alone? i request you to please share your thoughts on this. if it is fine, could you also share, how do you pass your time? i would like to hear from you, for my personal benefit. Thank you.”

Dear Sri Nagaraj, no, I never said that one should jump from one sahana to the other. I am just telling what I have understood after coming to Sri Bhagwan that one can always add the sadhana of the Self-enquiry with the distinct advantage for his chosen practice or practices. Even this is a mere suggestion. If he cannot do it, let it happen spontaneously.

As for me, all I can say at this stage is:
In my view, the sadhana of the Self-enquiry immediately sets up the process of metamorphosis, as you yourself are aware. When ego-self irrevocably wants to know itself, it partakes less and less of the body and more and more of the consciousness of the Self. My worldly life is very taxing and always full of trials and tribulations. But who cares ? I HAVE ABSOLUTE FAITH IN SRI BHAGWAN’S GRACE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE COMING TO TEST MY CONVICTION.  But this very Grace has so far enabled me to maintain the Self-attention at any cost, come what may come.  So, always keeping the Guru’s Presence, I do Atma-Vichara—ALWAYS, FOR I DO NOT KNOW WHEN I AM NOT DOING IT.   

Thank you so much.
    Anil

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 30, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
Dear i,

Thank you for your elaborate and very lucid response. i am humbly, of the view, that any sadhana, when performed, true to its spirit, is, by itself, self enquiry. What i, humbly felt, is that, even the idea of integrating self enquiry with other sadhana is erroneous, for, can the true spirit of any sadhana be different from attaining the goal at any time? Bhagavan did say, Self Enquiry is an infallible method, any sadhana, performed, with true spirit, itself is Atma Vichara. Atma Vichara is already integrated or added to any sadhana. For instance, for one who chants the Vishnu Sahasranaamam regularly, meditation on each names of Vishnu, is itself Self-enquiry, when one worships Sri Chakra Meru, Shakta Upasakas, focusing their attention on the Bindu, they are doing Self-enquiry. When one sits to chant Veda Mantras, and, assimilates the essence of the Mantras, Self-enquiry already is integrated in all Sadhanas, provided, one does his sadhana with complete honesty and sincerity and dedication.

Dear i, deeply contemplating, i question Dear i, myself, again, here, what we call Self-enquiry, is it truly, Self enquiry? our own Vichara, on our daily planes, our contemplation, Vichara, are only essentially lulling our mind, like Pranayama, what i am pointing out is a subtle observation, that, we do not persist in our enquiry, we are content at simply recognition at various instances, and the false 'i' only goes deep and deep, only to come back, again. i ask myself, Dear i, are our atma vichara, really intended towards atma sakshaatkaram? Or, are our atma vichara, only limited to lulling our mind? i question, myself, our very vichara.

But, true Self-enquiry, has to, yet take place, for, i humbly believe, that, when it does, there is no return back, not even to retain the effort to maintain Self-attention.

Dear i, i certainly, have the same trust, you have mentioned, as follows: "I HAVE ABSOLUTE FAITH IN SRI BHAGWAN’S GRACE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE COMING TO TEST MY CONVICTION"

His grace prevails. Before that, i see, what i have expressed as above is nothing, really nothing. i - who am, am nothing, before that.

i thank you, and, express my gratitude, for such an intense satsang. Kindly, feel free to express your guidance, light on my musings as above.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:56:17 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 30, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
Quote:
“What i, humbly felt, is that, even the idea of integrating self enquiry with other sadhana is erroneous, for, can the true spirit of any sadhana be different from attaining the goal at any time?”

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

Ji.Yes. True spirit of all sadhanas is undoubtedly the attainment of the conceived Goal in the same way as the true purpose of all roads, lanes, by-lanes, streets, etc., at the end of journey, is to take the people to destination. Question is: why the roundabout way, why waste the time, why streets and lanes and by-lanes, when the Straight and Direct way is readily and easily available to one and all from the time Sri Bhagwan declared and enjoined It?

Thank you so much.
Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 30, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »
Sri Bhagavan said:

Self Inquiry and Grace will speed up Self realization.

Self Inquiry alone may not confer realization.

But Grace alone with no self enquiry can confer realization.

Faith is the key.

Arunachala Siva. 

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »

So rightly said, sir. Sri Bhagawan himself is the perfect example for this statement. I think if I am right - Sri Bhagawan himself said once that it all happened in 20 mins with no time for scriptures study and all that.
Salutations to Bhagawan

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 30, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir
“Sri Bhagavan said:

Self Inquiry and Grace will speed up Self realization.

Self Inquiry alone may not confer realization.

Faith is the key.

Arunachala Siva”

Quote from Sri sanjay_ganesh
   “So rightly said, sir. Sri Bhagawan himself is the perfect example for this statement. I think if I am right - Sri Bhagawan himself said once that it all happened in 20 mins with no time for scriptures study and all that.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir and Sri sanjay_ganesh,

While it is true that Grace is the beginning, middle and the end, and can confer Realisation by Itself, Sri Bhagwan has Himself said that the effort is sine- qua- non. Although Grace is the primary cause, our effort must meet with the Grace to realise It. Moreover, we will do well here to remember that He Himself has said that He must have put the necessary effort in His previous births or so.

Thank you so much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil   

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 30, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »
Dear i,

i feel, it ends up right here -

In one instance a devotee during his conversations with Bhagavan on the subject of Self Enquiry asked thus -

D: Even so, I do not understand. “I”, you say, is the wrong “I” now. How to eliminate this wrong “I”?

M: You need not eliminate the wrong “I” How can “I” eliminate itself? All that you need to do is to find out its origin and abide there. Your efforts can extend only thus far. Then the Beyond will take care of itself. You are helpless there. No effort can reach it.

அருளும் வெனுமெ; aன்பு பூணுமெ; இன்பு தொணுமெ
Arulum Venume, Anbu punume, inbam thonume (atma Vidya

Grace is needed; Love is added. Bliss wells up.

Sri Krishna says in his Song, (7, 3)

मनुष्याणां सहस्रेषु कश्चिद्यतति सिद्धये ।
यततामपि सिद्धानां कश्चिन्मां वेत्ति तत्त्वतः ॥

manusyanam sahasresu kascid yatati siddhaye
yatatam api siddhanam kascin mam vetti tattvatah

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection,
and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

Don't we desire to be one among those  यततामपि सिद्धानां कश्चिन्मां वेत्ति तत्त्वतः (yatatam api siddhanam kascin mam vetti tattvatah) and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

i only remember Britrahari here, as quoted by Brahmasri in his talks, i reproduce the same here again, as it is relevant to the context we are in -

For realising God, the first requisite is a burning desire to do so. This is what every Mahan comes into the world to teach. It is not necessary that we know who or what God is. When the time is right, He will reveal Himself to us by sending a Sadguru into our lives who will give us the requisite Upadesha and confer liberation. But the pre requisite to all this is the ceaseless Taapam - loosely translated, a burning desire, which makes us extremely uncomfortable in our present state of being. What is required is the thought process which reprimands us for enjoying so many sensory pleasures while age and time slip through our hands; taking congnisance of that fact that we lack seriousness in what is perhaps the most serious thing in our lives and spend our lives instead on other worthless pursuits.

To illustrate this point, a story that Buddha said may be used - A man who is walking on a mountain, loses his balance and falls. He finds a rope to hang on to from which he hopes to come to safety. Above him stands a tiger that was in hot pursuit. Below lies a dangerous depth, into which if he were to fall, not even a shred of his body may be recovered. And is his rope strong enough? No .... There is a rat gnawing away at the rope!! This is the predicament of the man. And in the midst of this, there is a drop of honey that drips from a honeycomb. Impervious to the danger that he is in, this man tries to reach for that honey!! This is exactly human existence. Fraught with dangers on all sides. The rat called Time is gnawing away at our lives, and we seek momentary pleasure in watching television and mindless gossip wasting an already too short lifespan!!

Bhartruhari says in a sarcastic manner, that we in the world are so busy, engrossed in the meaningless day to day pursuits that we do not have the time to look inwards or strive for emancipation! How ironic!

आदित्यस्य गतागतैरहरहः संक्षीयते जीवितं
व्यापारैर्बहुकार्यभारगुरुभिः कालोऽपि न ज्ञायते ।
दृष्ट्वा जन्मजराविपत्तिमरणं त्रासश्च नोत्पद्यते
पीत्वा मोहमयीं प्रमादमदिरामुन्मत्तभूतं जगत् ॥४३॥

aadityasya gataagatairaharahaH sa.nxiiyate jiivita
vyaapaarairbahukaaryabhaaragurubhiH kaalo.api na GYaayat
dR^ishhTvaa janmajaraavipattimaraNa.n traasashcha notpadyate
piitvaa mohamayiiM pramaadamadiraamunmattabhuuta.n jagat
The sun rises and sets, each day goes past and the only assurance we have is that the day that is gone shall never come back again, time slips through our fingers and what do we do? He says that life is going out consistently like water which is going out of a leaky mud pot, but we are busy immersed in the day to day affairs of life (व्यापारैर्बहुकार्यभारगुरुभिः). (very seriously engaged in various duties) We claim that we are so busy that we do not have the time to think of God!!! Some people say, "I wish I could come to your Satsangam, but I am so busy, so many duties, I am not able to. Please forgive me". The tone that they use seems to imply that they consider coming to the Satsangam a favour that they bestow on others (the person who is giving the pravachanam)

This is how people pass through life, blithely unaware of Time slipping through their fingers, never to come back again. Is it that they never get an opportunity to contemplate on all this or does God does not remind us about these? No .... God reminds them in various ways - four ways to be exact(दृष्ट्वा जन्मजराविपत्तिमरणं) We see children being born, a man in the prime of his youth move on to Old age, calamities, disaster and accidents, and then finally, the clincher of all - Death. He says he is amazed at how people remain unafraid in the midst of all this. And why is it that man is not afraid? He is inebriated with the toddy of ignorance. That intoxication has spoilt his mental balance and so he manages to remain unafraid (त्रासश्च नोत्पद्यते) The world is caught in a fit of madness, he says. Man is drunk on ignorance and his thinking faculties are dulled by it (पीत्वा मोहमदिरां) This world is gotten mad (उन्मत्तभूतं जगत्) If men were drunk on Bhakthi it would be fine. That is an ecstasy which uplifts, but unfortunately man is drunk on ignorance and his thinking faculties are dulled by it. Which is why he refuses to think, is unable to think in fact, about time which is going past too fast.

But what the sages say is that a man should strive to Realise God with the same urge with which a man would run towards water, had his head caught fire (प्रदीप्त शिरहा जलराशिमिव). It is with the same sense of urgency that one should pursue God – Realisation (समिप्पाणिः श्रोत्रियम् ब्रह्मनिष्ठमुपगच्छेत्). And this samsara, has been as disconcerting as fire on one's head for Bhakthas and Rishis.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:44:58 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »
Self Attention

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Arthur Osborne writes in his ‘Ramana Maharshi and the Path of Self-knowledge’ that Sri F. H. Humphreys was the first Western devotees of Sri Bhagwan. He further enlightens that Sri Humphreys was already grounded in occultism when he came to India in 1911.

Dear devotees, Sri Humphreys is said to have visited Sri Bhagwan only a few times but how wonderfully he imbibed His Teaching!
“Do not fix your attention on all these changing things of life, death and phenomena. Do not think of even the actual act of seeing or perceiving them, but only that which sees all these things—that which is responsible for it all. This will seem nearly impossible at first, but by degrees the result will be felt. It takes years of steady, daily practice, and that is how a Master is made. Give a quarter of an hour for this practice. Try to keep the mind unshakably fixed on That which sees. It is inside yourself. Do not expect to find that ‘That’ is something definite on which the mind can be fixed easily; it will not be so. Though it takes years to find that ‘That’, the result of this concentration will be seen in four or five months’ time—in all sorts of unconscious clairvoyance, in peace of mind, in power to deal with troubles, in power all round, yet unconscious power.
I have given you this teaching in the same words as the Master gives to intimate chelas. FROM NOW ONWARDS, LET YOUR WHOLE THOUGHT IN MEDITATION BE NOT ON THE ACT OF SEEING, NOR ON WHAT YOU SEE, BUT IMMOVABLY ON THAT WHICH SEES.”
The above is an excerpt from a synopsis that Sri Humphreys is said to have sent to a friend which was later published in the ‘International Psychic Gazette.
Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan has said that acquisition of power depends on prarabdha. Powers are not signs of progress nor their absence of lack of progress. However, Sri Humphreys’s understanding of Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching, in my view, is perfect.
My Goodness! WHAT A GREAT CLUE!
KEEP THE WHOLE ATTENTION, NOT ON THE ACT OF SEEING, NOR ON WHAT YOU SEE, BUT IMMOVABLY ON THAT WHICH SEES.
Dear devotees, I ask of you, “Where and what does the above statement point to?”
It points to the Supreme Consciousness, that is, the Self—BEING-CONSCIOUSNESS WHICH IS MERE WITNESS OR PRESENCE OR PURE ILLUMINATION.

Thank you,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 01, 2012, 09:56:14 AM »
Contnd from the last post:

Yes. This is the attention to the Self--the Being, and therefore this is the true Self-attention.

Anil