Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 1172048 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #6045 on: November 17, 2019, 08:47:02 AM »
SELF-ENQUIRY:

"UNLESS YOU ENQUIRE, WITHIN YOURSELF, THROUGH YOURSELF, INTO YOURSELF, IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO BECOME ONE WITH YOUR OWN SELF."
V. 1, Self-enquiry, Padamalai

"THE STATE OF THE SELF IS REACHED BY GOING BACK THE WAY ONE CAME . WHICHEVER OTHER PATH ONE TRAVELS ON, IT HAS TO TAKE YOU HERE AND TAKE REFUGE HERE."
V. 7, Self-enquiry, Padamalai

Bhagwan Sri Ramana Maharshi:

"Actions such as 'going' and 'coming' belong only to the body. And so, when one says, 'I went, I came', it amounts to saying that the body is 'I'. But, can the body be said to be the consciousness 'I', since the body was not before it was born, is made up of the five elements, is nonexistent in the state of deep sleep, and becomes a corpse when dead? Can this body which is inert like a log of wood be said to shine as 'I-I'? Therefore, the 'I-consciousness' which at first arises in respect of the body is referred to variously as self-conceit (tarbodham), egoity (ahankara), nescience (avidya), maya, impurity (mala), and individual soul (jiva). Can we remain without enquiring into this? Is it not for our redemption through enquiry that all the scriptures declare that the destruction of 'self-conceit' is release (mukti)"

Therefore, leaving the corpse-like body as an actual corpse and remaining without even uttering 'I' by mouth, if one now keenly enquires, "What is it that rises as 'I'?, then in the Heart a certain soundless sphurana, 'I-I', will shine forth of its own accord. It is an awareness that is single and undivided, the thoughts which are many and divided having disappeared. If one remains still without leaving it, even the sphurana--having completely annihilated the sense of the individuality, the form of the ego, 'I am the body' will itself in the end subside, just like the camphor. This alone is said to be the liberation by great ones and Scriptures."
Source: Self-enquiry
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:01:30 AM by eranilkumarsinha »