Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 931083 times)

srkudai

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #5340 on: December 14, 2017, 03:32:46 PM »
Dear Anil ji,
         :)

What a sheer wastage of time you have forced upon me!

I am not forcing it upon you Anil ji. That too in an online forum :) you need not answer.

I have not extracted from Atmavichar's post, i have selected another statement from final talks and asked lets see holistic fashion what these two can mean.

and more importantly :
I wonder whether this sort argumentation is your only sadhana

:) again : Anil ji, did i even once speak about you and your sadhana ? :) talking about people when discussing ideas is not correct.
we are not discussing u vs me.
we are discussing some ideas and seeing them ...

Love!
Silence
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:02:47 PM by srkudai »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: December 14, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
Dear Sri Udai, I do not agree at all with any line you maintain. Therefore, please stop. I shall advise you to open a new thread and disinvest your baggage there. This thread is not meant at all for such meaningless polemics. I am simply not interested anymore to keep arguing harmfully for myself and others ad
nauseam. So, I again plead. Please stop, and waste your time in this fashion elsewhere, for I am not interested in such totally worthless discussion with someone who is bent upon forcing his misguided ideas and concepts on others. It does not matter to me what is the real Self-enquiry for you. You better work it out with Sri Ravi. Perhaps he will still listen to you.

Pranam,
 Anil 

srkudai

• View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: December 14, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »
Dear Anil ji,
          :)

, for I am not interested in such totally worthless discussion with someone who is bent upon forcing his misguided ideas and concepts on others

Or is it that you are finding a "Confrontation" of your "Standard Accepted Ideas" too bothersome ? Too troubling ?

I am not forcing you sir, how can i force. i asked questions :)

I have another question: Why should a diversity of view not be allowed in this thread ?

Love!
Silence

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: December 14, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »
Dear Sri Udai, you have forced arguments on other members here several times and when your wild ideas were not accepted you quit. You may say what you like. I usually post two or three posts under this thread, and that too when I have time, and stay here hardly an hour or so. No, I am not used to arguments at all, and I have seen such discussion is always counterproductive. So, please stop. Please disinvest your baggage elsewhere, but at no cost here. Problem is you will still not listen. I am deeply fatigued. So, please stop. 
Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: December 14, 2017, 03:46:44 PM »
Please stop. Anil

kishorelr

• View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: December 14, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »
Can thinking be silent, such as a flower, completely open, letting the beneficial rays of the Sun envelop her and still, when some form of communication is needed, to respond in a natural way with a wholeness of being?

In fact, this is what life asks of us ceaselessly - to respond only when such a response is needed. The rest of the time, the being should be silent and watch in all serenity.

Ilie Cioara

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #5346 on: December 15, 2017, 04:13:42 AM »
i'm so happy eveyone is enjoying their story    ;D
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: December 15, 2017, 06:27:02 AM »
Anilbhai,
Apropos the excerpt from Sadhu Om that you posted in the course of your discussion with Udai:

Sri Sadhu Om:
"The practice of witnessing thoughts and events, which is much recommended nowadays by lecturers and writers, was never even in the least recommended by Sri Bhagavan, Indeed, whenever He was asked what should be done when thoughts rise (that is, when attention is diverted towards second or third persons) during sadhana, He always replied in the same manner as He had done to Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai in 'Who am I?', where He says, "If other thoughts rise, one should, without attempting to complete them, enquire 'To whom did they rise?'. What does it matter however many thoughts rise? At the very moment that each thought rises, if one vigilantly enquires 'To whom did this rise ?', it will be known 'To me'. If one then enquires 'Who am I?', the mind (our power of attention) will turn back (from the thought) to its source (Self)". Moreover, when He says later in the same work, 'Not attending to what-is-other (that is, to any second or third person) is non-attachment (vairagya) or desirelessness (nirasa)', we should clearly understand that attending to (witnessing, watching, observing or seeing) anything other than Self is itself attachment, and when we understand thus we will realize how meaningless and impractical are such instructions as 'Watch all thoughts and events with detachment' or 'Witness your thoughts, but be not attached to them', which are taught by the so-called gurus of the present day."
Source: The Path of Sri Ramana

Here is a nice video talk -Has sitting quietly to observe thought any value? | J. Krishnamurti..... JK wonderfully points out how it is the motive behind what one is doing that is key...It is not a longish talk:
1.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9IS1zW6In4
True Observation does not have a motive.
I also warmly recommend the other talks by JK:
2.How does one go to the very source of thought?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlkYPlS5s0
3.Can one live in a timeless state?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWeKz6a4PaU
namaskar
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:07:28 AM by Ravi.N »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: December 15, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »
Dear Sri Beloved Abstract, I thought that all this might be a little disconcerting to the sincere and genuine devotees. But thanks, I am also happy that at least you enjoyed.
Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: December 15, 2017, 09:16:32 AM »
Quote:
"Or is it that you are finding a "Confrontation" of your "Standard Accepted Ideas" too bothersome ? Too troubling ?"

Dear devotees, if someone thinks that he can confront, bulldoze and make ardent devotees who are totally rooted in their Guru and His radical but realistic Teaching  bothered and troubled by his wild and fantastic ideas and concepts,  what can I say other than that he  underestimates Sri Bhagwan's devotees and does not understand at all? As far as I am concerned I am no longer interested in purely intellectual gymnastics anymore. That is all I have to say. 

Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:18:17 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: December 15, 2017, 09:20:01 AM »
Quote from  Sri Ravi:
"Udai rightly mentioned a couple of times regarding conditioning and how by slowing down and observing what is taking place one can gain clarity(I have paraphrased)...this is indeed a useful thing to do in the course of our discussions as well..."

Dear Sri Ravi, anything done for God is useful. How can I deny that? But observing thoughts was not even in the least recommended by Sri Bhagwan. 'I am the Self' meditation is a great aid, and is certainly useful for one who is incapable of the Atma-vichara, as Sri Annamalai Swami said and Sri Atmavichar posted. But if someone prematurely conducts such meditation, there is a danger against which Sri Bhagwan has warned in clear terms:"With a limited 'I' the man is so stuck up and wild. What will be the case when the same 'I' grows up enormous? He will be enormously ignorant and foolish. This false 'I' must perish." It is worth mention here that He only recommended Pranayama and moderation in sleep and food as the most effective aids to progress in the realm of spirituality.

Quote from Sri Ravi:
"it will help if we give space and time for each other to understand what we are trying to convey...and it will be better to give a simple statement of what we wish to convey rather than proceeding in a
 question answer fashion...yes,the questions can be helpful after we have ascertained that we are on the same page to view the questions objectively."

Dear Sri Ravi, here I do not agree. I have endeavoured to remain true to His Teaching in practice and writing. I have always sought to remain true  and written conforming to Sri Bhagwan's Teaching. And now after so many years of practice and study, someone comes and says this is Vichara, that is not Vichara, you have not understood, what is unique in Sri Ramana?, etc., they, to tell the truth, make no sense to me.  Therefore, what benefit I and those who follow this can derive from an exchange with someone who follows various schools of thoughts and practices most of which were never approved by Sri Bhagwan and some of which were specifically criticized and disproved by Him? I have always responded to genuine questions asked by devotees to share their views and insights in this thread. And I have always given 'simple statements' of what I wanted to convey and share, as you said. Hence this endless questioning, for the sake of questioning, all pertaining to one's wild and fantastic ideas and concepts, in complete opposition to that of my own, with a motive to confront and make the other bothered and troubled and feeling satisfaction and pleased in doing all this drives a wedge, and turns me away despondent. How can such ideas dent our faith in Him and His Teaching? Never.  No, this is not simply a case of difference of terms (terminological differences) employed by participants in this quite unnecessary, meaningless and detrimental debate.  Moreover, I can see though all this so clearly and therefore I shall not mince my words while expressing myself.

Dear Sri Ravi, I do not visit You Tube. I do not see videos and movies. I sometimes only view news and a little sports on the TV. Therefore, I shall request you to kindly recommend me something in print so that I may read and contemplate.

Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:35:56 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: December 15, 2017, 09:40:43 AM »
anilbhai,
I have put it in a general way to avoid discomfiting any individual....If it is not applicable to oneself,it is not applicable,isn't it?....If it is applicable to oneself  one can also see whether it makes sense and what can be done about it....so ,this is all there to it....please do not take it in any other way.

As for the Youtube videos,these are without any advertisements....and reading JK will not give the same impact as watching and listening to him ...not sure whether they are available in any other site...I shall try to dig it out...Infact,there is one other video of JK where he clearly is saying what Bhagavan is saying on vichara....I wish that you go through this video as well...These are truly wonderful and clarifies the matter here and now...It is in this spirit that I am sharing the links.
Here is the youtube link to it....and this also does not have any disturbing advertisements...and just by clicking on the link,it should go to the video directly...you do not have to do anything else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZvz8Z4TIo  (On the relationship between thought and consciousness)
The beauty of JK is that he does not take the position of someone who already knows and saying that to the listener....He just puts himself as one of the listeners and investigates into the subject matter as a fellow explorer....the passion and intensity and earnestness that he displays is infectious....and clears the matter for the listener.
Please take a look.
Namaskar

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: December 15, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:
"Infact,there is one other video of JK where he clearly is saying what Bhagavan is saying on vichara....I wish that you go through this video as well...These are truly wonderful and clarifies the matter here and now...It is in this spirit that I am sharing the links."

Dear Sri Ravi, thanks very much. Since you are recommending these videos of Sri J. Kishnamurti's Talks, I shall certainly like to watch them. However, right now, I am moving out, and therefore, wish to view them tonight.
Pranam,
 Anil 

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: December 16, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
Dear Kishorelr,

I wanted to say something about Your post,but i left it unsaid. Then,remembered...the urge of the Soul not obeyed,is the moment lost..

to respond in a natural way with a wholeness of being?

So i wished to say how beautiful this post is...

With love,

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #5354 on: December 20, 2017, 04:37:50 PM »
all together now .... all you need is love , all you need is love , love , love is all you need
 :-*
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it