Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 757275 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #4905 on: March 04, 2017, 06:14:21 PM »
D: You have always laid great stress on Mounam (Silence).

Sri Bhagwan: Yes. I have. But Silence does not mean negation of activity or stagnant inertness. It is not a mere negation of thoughts but something more positive than you can imagine.

D: Is it unthinkable......?

Sri Bhagwan: Yes. As long as you run with the running mind you cannot have it. The Silence of the Self is ever there. It is supreme Peace immutable like a rock that supports all your activities, in fact, all movements. It is that in which God and Muktapurusha are rooted.

Dear Devotees,

Silence, Sri Bhagwan Ramana speaks of, or conveys, is not stagnant inertness or state of indolence because that Silence is 'I'. It is fullness of Consciousness, all knowing, and therefore, support of all movements whatsoever--mental as well as physical. But we cannot have it as long as we run with the running mind, or movements, rather than remaining one with the Support Itself, that is, with the Silence of the Self, getting rid of the phantom-like 'I'-thought or the ego. This is what, in my understanding, is meant. However, I wish to dwell on this and say something further in another post sometime later.

Thanks very much
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:20:58 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: March 11, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »
Sri Sadhu Om:
As Bhagwan often used to say, why should we meditate on God as someone distant and unknown when in fact He always exists within us and is clearly known by us as 'I', our own Self? Since 'I' is our nearest and dearest and what we are always clearly aware of, the simplest way and most effective way to love God and to meditate on Him is to love Him and mediate on Him only as 'I'.

Dear devotees, Indeed! One knows at once, intuitively, that Loving Sri Bhagwan and meditating on Sri Arunachala Ramana is absolutely same as meditating on clearly-experienced and known 'I', the Self, for enquirer and seeker, with great amount of certainty, understands then that Sri Aunachala Ramana is the Self. He understands then that the Feet that he is seeking is 'I-I' which is not the ego or the sense of 'I' but the Self, that is, Himself. Such is His Grace!! Therefore, indeed, loving Him, in my view, is loving God and all Gurus, or the Guru-Tattva, that is, That Is What Is, that is the Self, and only the Self, the real import of 'I', Being, which is always abiding.
Pranam,
  Anil

Dear devotees, I have embarked on a month long tour away from Patna. At present, I am in New Delhi and shall arrive in Bangalore on 16th March, and am looking forward eagerly to visit Sri Ramanasramam on 25th March, Sri Atmavichar's caution against visit to Tiruvannamalai on account of scarcity of water there from April-May notwithstanding, because Ashram, by His Grace, has allowed me to visit Him. Perhaps, this is the reason why there was a great urge within me to visit Sri Arunachala Ramana before April.  I shall return back to Patna on 7th April. Anil
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:38:23 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: March 12, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »
Sri Bhagwan Ramana:
Since I wrote the parting chit, I had ceased to regard the current as my narrow 'I'. That current or 'Avesam' was now felt as myself, not a superimposition. The awakening gave me a continuous idea or feeling of my personality being a current, force, or Avesam, on which I was perpetually absorbed whatever I did, read, or when I walked, spoke or rested.

Dear Devotees,

That 'Current of Awareness' is always there, is It not? It is that Awareness through which all seeing whatsoever is happening. But when one identifies with the narrow 'I' and the associated thoughts, one?s attention, alas, is objective rather than the subjective, that is, on superimposition and not on the Subject that is MySelf. During the advanced stage of sadhana though one has the intuitive feeling of one's personality being thoughtless and object-less 'Current of Awareness', albeit, incessantly, when there is only Self-consciousness, and nothing else whatsoever. Awakening is that when one has the continuous, intuitive knowledge or experience of one's personality being only a Current (Awareness); and when that happens one is perpetually absorbed into It whatever one did, read, or when one walked, or spoke, or remembered. Therefore, the narrow 'I' though is still there, but only in form, like the burnt rope, which retains the form but with which nothing can be tied at all.

The above Teaching contains a great clue to help an earnest sadhaka to reach the elusive being when with intensity in sadhana, he gets the breakthrough and attains the state when he has the intuitive feeling or experience of being only Himself and no other and nothing else whatsoever.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:02:16 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: April 01, 2017, 09:34:26 AM »
Dear devotees, I am in Sri Ramanasramam. I came here on 25 th March and wished to return to Bangalore on 30 th March. But on29th March, while returning from the Ashram to my room in Achalam in the evening, My legs got trapped in a polythene bag somebody had thrown on the sloping road and unexpectedly I suddenly fell down. I escaped, by His Grace, from injuring my forehead. However, the fall bruised my nose and upper lip and I had scratches on the palm and elsewhere on the body. Sri Manik ensured that I got treated in the Ashram dispensary itself. Dr. Sri Murthy, alyaws having love and affection for me, allowed graciously to extend my stay by a few days till the wounds healed to some extent. Now I wish to return tomorrow by Ashram conveyance to Bangalore. Perhaps, He contrived to compell me to abide in Arunachala a few days more! This is how I have taken this whole episode of the unexpected fall, for I never fell down like that. It is His Grace! Pranam, Anil
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:55:01 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: April 01, 2017, 02:46:38 PM »
Anilbhai,
Take care...Trust you become fit enough to travel back to your hometown.
Namaskar

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: April 01, 2017, 08:29:34 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

Perhaps, He contrived to compell me to abide in Arunachala a few days more!

I am glad You are fine after this incident! And very happy to hear You are at Ramanashram.

Get well soon!

With love,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: April 04, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi and Sri Jewell,

Wounds, by His Grace, have healed sufficiently enough, and I am grateful for this to the Ashram Management and Ashram Dispensary. I have returned to Bangalore, and I am on way to my home city, Patna, Bihar. I shall say something more when I reach there.
Heart-felt gratitude for your good wishes. Thanks very much Bhai Saheb and Sri Jewell.

Pranam,
 Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: August 17, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
Dear Devotees,

These days I do not feel like saying anything to anybody, nor these days I wish to engage in any discussion with anybody pertaining to worldly matters and about the objects of the physical world. 

However, having said that, I wish to say that when I visited this forum after a few months today, I happily learnt that our good friend Sri Uday ji has finally arrived here! Welcome back dear friend Sri Uday! And I was intrigued by Sri Atmavichar's topic titled 'Pointers to Presence', which, in fact, inspired me to respond.

Dear devotees, I love to say that Sri Bhagwan's Teaching that 'I Am' is not a thought, but the Reality Itself, is, in my view, the greatest pointer to that which Is, that is, the Self, Which we all are seeking. I feel that it is not that difficult to understand intellectually that the pure state of 'I Am'-ness, free of 'this', that is, free of all attributes whatever, must only be the Pure Consciousness which is at once Existence Itself, and That is Presence! Is It not? And practicing to hold this 'PURE AMNESS' ENABLES ONE TO SOON CONNECT WITH ONE'S OWN REALITY. There is no room for doubt about that. Such is the greatness of this Teaching.  This is what is really meant when He taught that holding 'I Am' with effort is sadhana, and when effortless, it is Realization. As hammered deep day in and day out, 'I Am' or Presence is always there, but we do not see It because we are, from time immemorial, accustomed to see only 'I am so and so'--nay-only and only 'so and so' and never our pure state of mere being as 'I AM'. 

Yes, ego is tenacious and sure it will not kill itself, for it will always, somehow, contrive to escape its total destruction, becoming subtle. This is why Sri Bhagwan taught to hold the inescapable sense of existence, which none of us can deny, and seek one's source which is none other than OneSelf or the Self. If one perseveres and walks the path for at least sometime steadfastly, one truly understands intuitively the true import of Lord Sri Christ's Teaching that the 'flowering of Presence from within is like mustard seed'. When one begins to connect, due to His Grace, first it seems small and delicate, that is, vague, feeble and distant. But if it is nurtured, the root of Presence goes deeper and deeper until  it reaches the Core of one's very Existence, branches of Presence reaching higher and higher into the sky, that is, it engulfs all--visible and invisible . Then only the wind may blow, the rain may fall, but it is well-nigh impossible to shake one out of one's own eternal Presence!!!

Thanks very much,
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:59:21 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: August 18, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »
Quote:
"I am in Sri Ramanasramam. I came here on 25th March and wished to return to Bangalore on 30th March. But on29th March, while returning from the Ashram to my room in Achalam in the evening, my legs got trapped in a polythene bag somebody had thrown on the sloping road, and unexpectedly I suddenly fell down. I escaped, by His Grace, from injuring my forehead. However, the fall bruised my nose and upper lip and I had scratches on the palm and elsewhere on the body."

Dear Devotees,

This was indeed a terrible fall just in front of the Infinite Eye , that is, Sri Arunachala the Self, in Tiruvannamalai on 29.03.2017. Much to my chagrin, I felt forlorn for some time, and thought how could this happen to me, and that too in His Presence! Sri Ravi and Sri Nagaraj could easily discern that this was only the egoistic reaction to an event which occurred externally! Yes, this was egoistic, egoistic because I felt that this should not have happened to an ardent devotee of Sri Arunachala Ramana in Arunachala! 

As per the plan, I reached Sri Ramanasramam on 25th March and was to leave on 30th March after breakfast, and for this reason on 29th I felt a little despondent, for I wished ardently to stay a few days more.
So, when this fall ensured that I inevitably stayed in the Ashram till 2nd April, it dawned and became obvious to my mind that in fact It was He who thus contrived extension of my stay to bask in His Grace and Glory for an extended period! WHO CAN FATHOM HIS MYSTERIOUS WAYS? And when during this extended period I experienced oneness with Him, I wept. Yes, I had pain all over the body. But Sri Bhagwan Ramana has taught by His own example that when the body or any body-part is injured or wounded, pain is inevitable, however, the suffering is optional! Has He not?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil         
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:55:54 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

srkudai

• View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: August 18, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »
Dear Anil,
           :) Hope your physical health has improved now.
Please take care.

Love!
Silence

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: August 19, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »
Dear Sri Udai,

Yes, wounds have been cured except for the left arm which still pains acutely particularly in the night despite much exercise and medication. However, irrespective of weather wounds have been healed or not, His Grace healed me totally while in Sri Ramanasramam Itself.

Dear Sri Udai, I just went through the beautiful explanation of the Verse 1 of Sri Bhagwan's Composition Upadesa Saram rendered by you in the light of Vedanta. I very much liked the fervor and intensity with which you have dealt the subject matter of the said Verse. Besides, you have shown wonderfully how an earnest seeker gravitates from Srishti-Drishti Vada to Drishti-Srishti vada culminating finally in Great Ajata! I hope many devotees and seekers may benefit going through them.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: August 19, 2017, 03:17:41 PM »
Dear Devotees,

As is well known among Sri Bhagwan's devotees, the ego of the form 'I am so and so' comprises of two parts, Chit and Jada--'I am' and 'so and so'. It is also well known that the part 'I am' is consciousness and the part 'so and so' pertains to matter. Therefore, when the insentient part 'so and so' drops of its own accord, through enquiry, what remains is consciousness.

This is why Sri Bhagwan has taught that in the simple and pure state of being one remains only BLISSFULLY aware, that is, aware of the Space of OneSelf or of the Infinite Space of Existence, for anything next is the association of impurity with the pure consciousness, as has been explained in Sri Atmavichar's Ponter 3.

THERE  IS  CONSCIOUSNESS  ALONG  WITH  QUIETNESS IN  THE  MIND. Sri Bhagwan has taught that this is the state to be aimed at.

Dear devotees, one often unknowingly experiences this state, first just after waking from sleep and then even during waking hours casually, but one does not realize that It is the Self. Sadhana is to enter this state with full awareness steadily and remain unshakable as mere being.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:36:50 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #4917 on: August 20, 2017, 01:13:23 AM »
" there's two kinds of music , the blues , and zippity doo dah " ......... townes van zandt
 ;)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: August 20, 2017, 03:12:34 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Therefore, the Reality is forever Here and Now, because the next thing is simply the rise of the root 'I'-thought and its myriad impending, associated thoughts. This is why Sri Bhagwan taught:

Sri Bhagwan: You must distinguish between the 'I', pure in itself, and the 'I'-thought. The later, being merely a thought, sees subject and object, sleeps, eats, wake up and thinks, dies and is reborn. But the pure 'I' is the pure being, eternal existence, free from ignorance and thought-illusion.

Dear devotees, for me, there has never been a more real indicator to the Presence than the above Teaching, for the 'I' in every one of us is so evident, so immanent, so continuous without a break (It is there even during deep sleep, is it not?), and therefore so undeniable. As far as I know, Bhagwan Sri Ramana at once pointedly zeroed upon and indicated to this Reality, which is so evident, so immanent, so persistent and so undeniable, to all earnest seekers who came to Him for spiritual instruction and guidance. He always, untiringly, focused their attention on to the truth of their own self, and in many, many cases, depending upon sincerity, earnestness and maturity of a seeker, granted even a glimpse into that Reality of their-self. I do not know anyone or anything indicating so directly and so pointedly, AND AT ONCE, to the Presence to one and all. SUCH  IS  HIS   GREATNESS!!!

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil           
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:16:16 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: August 20, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »
Quote:
"simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it"

So long as self remains, how can you bring its story to a grinding halt?

Therefore, as long as the little self remains, telling its story is sure to go on.

To stop telling the story of the self, it is not enough to see only who you are without it, but you need to merge this self in Your-self, that is, the Self, such that it does never, never raises its obnoxious head again to tell its story, for, then there would not be a story at all nor its teller, not even an one-liner for there would not be an Abstract one to coin it

Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:39:33 PM by eranilkumarsinha »