Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756981 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #4725 on: April 25, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »
Dear Sri Atmavichar,

What you have written is cent percent valid for me as well, and anything that comes from Sri Ramanasramam is Sri Bhagwan's Prasad. Yes, there are always a few articles in each issue which, in my view, should be read by all who follow Sri Bhagwan's Teaching in general and His Atma-vichara in Particular, and particularly by those who have reached Sri Bhagwan's Lotus Feet and have accepted Him as Guru, both as Outer Guru teaching in silence in Arunachala and through His photographs and His spoken words of Grace, and as the Inner Guru in hearts as the Self.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Atma-vichara for your beautiful response.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:16:15 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: April 25, 2016, 06:38:22 PM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:
"There need be no difficulty to fill the magazine with inspirational material.Even if there are copyright issues involved,the same can be easily resolved by requesting organizations like the Ramakrishna Mutt,Divine Life Society,Chinmaya mission,etc...and such requests will never be refused."

Dear Sri Ravi,

Yes, they could do that. But, at the same time, I am also aware that Sri Bhagwan never interfered in running the affairs of the Ashram and almost always allowed to do what they liked. If some devotees complained, He used to sternly remind them to do only what they have come for. Therefore, who am I who has so much concern regarding the quality of articles published in the Mountain Path? Our duty is only to practice as He has taught and not to find fault in what Sri Ramansramam undertakes to do and what it publishes. In my view, since Bhagwan is always there, as the Sadguru, nothing can go awry.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: April 25, 2016, 07:06:52 PM »
Swami Sri Tanmayananda Sarasvati:

He exhorts us to wake up from the delusion of samsara and bondage by constantly enquiring as to 'who' is bound and suffering, and 'who' seeks liberation. The astonishing consistency in Bhagwan's life and teaching can be appreciated best by seeing that His very first work 'Nan Yar?' opens with these words and His very last composition Ekanma Panchkam also reiterates the same teaching, with an added twist that even self-enquiry is part of his sleep of ignorance--though it helps one to wake up, just as the sight of a ferocious lion in a nightmare jolts the dreamer into waking state.

At  the  Heart  of  Self-enquiry--SUMMA  IRU!
That extra twist has the implication that self-enquiry is also mithya. We are like the drunken man wondering about his whereabouts and very identity. Atma Vichara cannot be considered as yet ?real action? because no karma can release you from samsara. However, questioning the very sense of doership is to be regarded as above the plane of all actions and it can be termed as Actionless Action or Supreme Action (as in a fast-spinning top, the axis remains absolutely still while intimately sharing the motion of the base). The purpose of enquiry 'Who am I?' is to silence the mind and put the seeker in the primal state of Being (Summa Iru). In that state of Self-abidance, enquiry itself subsides as it has served the purpose.
Source: Current Mountain Path 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:13:28 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: April 26, 2016, 01:06:50 PM »
Two Principal Strains In Bhagwan's Talks:

When one has been absorbed in Talks for a number of years which effects a purification of our understanding at a subliminal level, two basic strands can be discerned in these dialogues. The first one gives us the clarity about  what constitutes Enlightenment; the second strand elucidates the immense value of Self-enquiry through the practice of simulation of deep sleep state while one is awake; this is unique methodology of sadhana recommended by Bhagwan without any reservation as the panacea for all human sufferings (at any stage of sadhana).  Both of them are indispensable for the success in our journey to self-realization. This is summed up in the following words of Sri Bhagwan: "Unless intellectually known, how to practice it? Learn it intellectually first, then do not stop with that. Practice it."
Swami Sri Tanmayananda,  Current Mountain Path

Dear Devotees, the practice of the simulation of the state of deep sleep is in fact  the practice of Self-abidance, which alone is real Self-enquiry . The final stage of Self-abidance is that in which mind is merged with its Source, and remains calm, peaceful and unwavering, but alert and aware.   This is the state of deep sleep in which the mind experiences the bliss of the peace of the Self and remains only aware.  When one maintains this practice of Self-abidance, power of the Self eventually takes over and destroys the primal ignorance, lock, stock and barrel.  Swami Sri Tanmayananda has thus concluded that the final stage of Self-abidance, in other words, is the practice of Waking Sleep or Jagrat-Shuhupti , Sri Bhagwan speaks of, and which culminates in Self-realization.

Dear devotees, in spite of the vicious attack on innocent Mountain Path, I wish to say that this is indeed a very beautiful spiritual magazine, and I owe a lot to this journal. If you have reached His Feet and practice His Teaching, which magazine, if at all, would you like to read as part of the Shravana? Certainly not any other but the Mountain Path! Which is the magazine in the three worlds in which all articles included are of great spiritual value? I do not know one, nor I wish to know. Besides, one should have thought several times before attacking, in turn now, the Mountain Path, because this magazine is very popular among Sri Bhagwan's devotees who sincerely and earnestly practice His Atma-vichara and goes on surrendering to the cause of one's being. Does any magazine deal Sri Bhagwan's Teaching so pointedly as the Mountain Path? If not, why this unwarranted maligning of the beautiful Mountain Path?

Reason is not that difficult to discern, and most of you may have sensed and got it. But as before, I do not care for these undesirable criticisms, and just have only one wish and that is to pursue the sadhana till the very end, come what may come.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:11:17 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: April 27, 2016, 12:29:43 PM »
Only so long as there are thoughts in the heart, can there be a though of God conceived by one's mind. The death of even that thought (of God) due to the death of (all) other thoughts (including the root-thought 'I'), alone is the true thought (of God), the unthought thought.
V. 1207, GVK

If you ask, "If being still is remaining without even a single thought, why is then the practice of labeling it 'a remembrance'?" Give me reply! You should know it is because of the firmness of the consciousness that is wholly the reality, which is forever without any forgetfulness.
V. 1208, GVK

Dear Devotees,

You may remember that in the booklet 'Who am I?', Sri Bhagwan refers to the state of Self-attention or Self-abidance as being 'Atma-chintanai', or the thought of the Self. However, if remaining still means remaining without a single thought, where there is not even the thought of 'I', and which is mere state of being, why  then Sri Bhagwan speaks of this state as thought of the Self or Atma-chintanai?

This is how the great devotee, Sri Sadhu Om has commented  wonderfully indeed upon the above Verses:

Sri Sadhu Om: Thinking and forgetting are a dyad or pair of opposites. Since the ever-unforgettable consciousness of reality (I Am) shines perfectly in the state of in the state of 'being still'--the state of Self-attention or Self-abidance --that state is sometimes referred to as a 'state of thought'  or 'meditation' (dhyana). That is, since the reality is not forgotten in that thought-free state, it is loosely described as a state of 'thinking of' or 'meditating upon' the reality. It is only in this sense that Sri Bhagwan described the state of Self-attention as 'thought of Self' (Atma-chintanai) in 'Who Am I?'

Dear devotees, this is wonderful, to say the least. Indeed, the State , which is completely devoid of all thought whatever of world, soul and God, and in which one oneself shines as the thought-free Supreme Reality, which is mere state of being, is the True Meditation, Brahma-dhyana,  or the Real Vichara.   

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:36:20 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: April 27, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »
Dear Devotees,

I accept defeat whole-heartedly against the concerted campaigning. Vibes are not right, and there is no need to launch diatribe.  Since I do not have ability to use such negative words and terms as, fanatical, fundamentalist, insecure, threatened, passing time, etc, etc., which in truth reside in the minds of those who see them, against anyone, leave aside devotees, I do not argue. I joined this forum to just share what I understood, grasped and experienced with those and only those who are similarly drawn to Sri Bhagwan and His Teaching of the Atma-vichara, and not to argue with self-styled, so called pundits. However, I can never, never be deterred by any punditry whatsoever--pseudo or real. I shall continue to do what I am doing irrespective of what others who do not owe allegiance to Sri Bhagwan and fidelity to His Teaching and Ashram think or say about me. Only thing, I do not wish to interact in any way, in this forum, with such learned persons who go on giving advice as well as their minds unasked. Therefore, I do not wish to respond from now on to their diatribes at least in this thread.  However, I wish to say to you that I do not nurture any grievance against anyone, for nurturing feelings against anyone is not in my nature.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:17:57 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: April 27, 2016, 04:06:36 PM »
Anil,
Just to clarify that there is no ganging up....I have already clarified this in my yesterday's last post.....These things(ganging up,etc) are incongruent and cannot find a place here or in any spiritual forum.....and no spiritually minded person can admit this sort of a thing.......So,please take it as a discussion,where a different view is expressed.
Namaskar

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: April 27, 2016, 04:40:53 PM »
Dear Devotees,

I doubted the Identity and sought to understand mystery  of Truth from when I had been a student in college, and my dear friend, Sri Amarendra Bhai would vouchsafe to that.  Sir Sri Emanuel Kant's 'a priori' principle and Sri Plato's Proto type  'Ideas', which remains unsolved as problem of Philosophy to this day in the West, along with the Gita with capital G, gave me first feeling and glimpses about the thing 'Mysterious'. However, this craving to know the truth of myself, creation and God was satisfied when I reached the Lotus Feet of Sri Bhagwan.  Indeed, I felt completely fulfilled when I realized His Grace, which accentuating further my doubt about Identity, led me to question it.  This questioning soon made me aware of the State of Enquiry which helped me contact mere state of being and the Consciousness. Thus, questioning became gradually ingrained and started questioning whenever ego tried to raise its obnoxious head. So, whenever any such negative thought arose in my mind, which now-a-days is few and far between, infallible, twin divine weapons (Brahmastra), which Sri Bhagwan gave compassionately to man, were triggered of their own accord, being ingrained, as it were, in my nature.  Therefore, I wish to say that no one need remind me about the questioning which is now part of my nature. But, yes, certainly, one who sees defects in persons and things as great as Sri Sadhu Om, Sri Muruganar, Sri Ramanasramam, Mountain Path, etc., must resort to the use of trusted divine weapons, for only on these occasions Sri Bhagwan's divine weapons are most efficacious.

Thanks very much.
 Pranam,
    Anil
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:55:01 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: April 28, 2016, 12:24:28 PM »
Merely remaining as the Eye (the Self), which is the One Space of Consciousness, by having annihilated the 'I am the body-form' and by having lost all the conceptions of the mischievous mind, is rightly and perfectly seeing God.
V. 348, GVK

Dear Sri Ravi,

I do not accept your views regarding the Divine Poet of Sri Bhagwan's spirtual court, Sri Muruganar  and  Sri Sadhu Om. As far as I am concerned, Sri Muruganar, Sri Om, Sri Osborne, etc, are Icons and great ones, and therefore, theirs are Sage-voices and words of grace. And, as you yourself once remarked that one does not question the utterances of great ones, I do not feel that it is appropriate to question why they did or said something the way they did. Besides, it is also not the case of following these Icons blindly. No, fact is far from it, for I never discerned anywhere anything in their writings and compositions, which are not in line with Sri Bhagwan's Teaching. In my case, their writings and compositions, in the initial stages of sadhana, helped me as Master Guidelines to follow Sri Bhagwan's teaching  in spirit and letter; and in the later stages helped me stabilize my understanding and experiences and affirm them. I and in my view, all devotees of Sri Bhagwan shall remain indebted to these Icons forever.

However, if one has fascination for a question-answer format, 'Talks' is there which is not less worthy than any such treatise anywhere. 

Moreover, I do not agree with your views on the Mountain path either, for I do not like the magazine to draw form only the Vedas, the Upanishds, Gita and other scriptures, but I feel the Magazine should chiefly deal with Sri Bhagwan's Teaching and publish mostly His devotees' reminiscences, articles containing their understanding, insights and experiences, and other invaluable write-ups regarding His Teaching. I think this is exactly what is being done.   

Quote:
"I hope that we do not have to be like the way some Christians insist.....If you are a Christian,you have to accept Jesus as the only savior,The Bible as the Gospel without questioning,The Pope as the authority and the Church as the place of worship.....and if anyone who does not do it or has a different point of view.....he is not a 'christian'."

Last but not the least: I feel that the above quote is completely out of place here. I feel also that those who have followed and are following Sri Bhagwan's Teaching, in spirit and letter, earnestly and sincerely, are being deliberately misunderstood.  Sri Bhagwan's devotees, as I have gathered, do not believe, as is being made out to be, that He and His Teaching are only door to realization. This is quite untrue.

I have deep faith in allegiance to one's Guru and fidelity to His Teaching, for Sri Bhagwan Himself has taught that following Guru's Teaching and realizing the Self is the best Guru-puja. Therefore, I do not agree with anyone for whom allegiance and fidelity have no meaning.

Thanks very much.
  Pranam,
    Anil 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:32:18 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: April 28, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »
Anilbhai,

I have deep faith in allegiance to one's Guru and fidelity to His Teaching, for Sri Bhagwan Himself has taught that following Guru's Teaching and realizing the Self is the best Guru-puja

I always love and appreciate this and have clearly stated so.

I appreciate your sentiments towards Sri Sadhu Om,Sri Muruganar and others....I keep such references to the minimum(disagreements) so as to not disturb anyone's sentiments.....These disagreements do not mean that I am blind to the fact that they are great devotees........and I love many of their compositions on Sri Bhagavan........but they are not Sri Bhagavan or Sri Ramakrishna that whatever they said can be accepted without questioning......Sri Bhagavan had corrected Sri Muruganar's writings and even after writing so many verses ,Sri Bhagavan corrected Sri Muruganar when he was rolling on the floor a few days before Sri Bhagavan's mahasamadhi,warning him that such an act is on account of his attachment to 'Body consciousness'.....This story was narrated by Sri muruganar to Sri V Ganesan,and I heard this directly from Sri Ganesan in one of his talks (at the Narada Gana Sabha)and have that recording.

Sri Sadhu Om's ideas on Neti,Neti are misplaced....and I do not have to refer to any other third person to know if it is so or not......The Ribhu Gita does just that and Sri Bhagavan is on record to have said that just recital of that would steep one in Samadhi.....This is what sri annamalai swami also taught,and I have several Letters with me......more cannot be said.

I feel also that those who have followed and are following Sri Bhagwan's Teaching, in spirit and letter, earnestly and sincerely, are being deliberately misunderstood.
No one ever questioned or doubted their following Sri Bhagavan's teachings in letter and spirit.......It is only when they tried to 'define' what a 'true practitioner' of Bhagavan should be doing(something which sri Bhagavan himself never defined or insisted).......and only then they are true devotees of Sri Ramana,etc,etc......(I have paraphrased,but there are sentences to this effect.........all this were just out of spirit with the way Sri Bhagavan lived and taught.)

These differences are minimal.......and I do not think that we should allow these things to disturb us .........So..........anilbhai,please carry on as before.

Namaskar.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:22:57 PM by Ravi.N »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: April 29, 2016, 07:33:10 PM »
                            The  Few

No argument can pierce the shuttered mind.
Let truth shine forth resplendent as the sun,
Still, couched in their dark corner, will they find
Some guttering candle till life's day be done.
Even though we sang like angels in their ear
They would not hear.

Those only in whose heart some inkling dwells,
Grown over though it be, crushed down, denied,
Will greet the pealing of golden bells
And welcome truth when all around deride.
Yet sight has laid a debt upon their will
Not all fulfill.

For even of those who see, only a few
Will have the intrepid wisdom to arise
And bartere time's false values for the true,
Making their life a valiant enterprise
To vindicate their heritage long lost,
Nor count the cost.

And out of that so noble fellowship
Questing the Grail upon the mountain peaks,
Well is it if it meet the expectant leap.

Of even one persistently who seeks.
Yet is this quest the glory and the goal
Of the awakened soul.

Sri Arthur Osborne

Dear devotees,  "Of even one persistently who seeks. Yet is this quest the glory and the goal--Of the awakened soul."  Sri Arthur Osborne is not only a brilliant and wonderful writer of prose, but a gifted poet also.

Sri Arthur Osborne:
"This means that enquiry is not merely a cold investigation but a battle; every path is, in every religion. The ego, or apparent ego, has to be destroyed. That is the one essential common to all of them. The only difference is how to do it. There are paths which set you attacking the various vices individually--lust, arrogance and so on--and cultivating the opposite virtues; but Self-enquiry is more direct. Such methods are like lopping the branches off a tree: so long as the roots and trunk remain fresh ones will grow. Self-enquiry aims at uprooting the tree itself. If the ego is deprived of one outlet--say if it forced to celibacy--others will develop--say gluttony or vanity. But if the ego itself is dissolved, the vices in which it found expression will collapse like deflated ballons. But it is constant warfare until the ego really is dissolved."
An excerpt from Sri Osborne's Editorial in Mouintain Path, which he named 'Ramana Sadguru'

Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:38:22 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: May 01, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan has instructed to concentrate the consciousness on the Heart, which is indeed the Supreme Centre of Consciousness.  As is well-known by now that by Heart is not meant the ever-pumping physical heart, located on the left side of the chest, but the spiritual Heart He has often spoken of is on the right side of the chest. The simple illustration that He often gave is as following:

"When a schoolboy says, 'It is I that did the sum' or when he asks you, 'Shall I run and get the book for you?', does he point to the head that did the sum or to the legs that will carry him to get you the book? No, in both cases his finger is pointed quite naturally to the right side of the chest, thus giving innocent expression to the profound truth that the Source of I-ness in him is there. It is an unerring intuition that makes him refer to himself, to the Heart which is the Self, in that way. The act is quite involuntary and universal, that is to say it is the same in the case of every individual."

Dear devotees, I wish to share with you my understanding and experience regarding concentration of the consciousness on the Spiritual Heart. I feel that it is indeed much beneficial to concentrate the consciousness on the spiritual Heart on the right side in the initial stages of the Sadhana of His Graced Atma-vichara. However, after some practice of the same, earnestly and sincerely, Vichara awakens the consciousness of the Self or the 'I', which Sri Arthur Osborne has termed as the 'current of awareness', which is not the ego-sense but a feeling of the intuitive or essential 'I' who is none other than the Universal Self.  AND  THUS  AN  AWARENESS OF  THE  SPIRITUAL  HEART  IS  AWAKENED. Though His Grace is always there, in the beginning, in the middle and in the end of the sadhana, sadhaks of the Vichara begins to realize It as such. 

If that happens, it is not necessary to concentrate the consciousness on a location, for then what location can be assigned to That Who is all-pervading and all-inclusive, and the Source of space-time?

Sri Bhagwan: "You should try to have rather than to locate the experience. A man need not find out where his eyes are situated in order to see. The Heart is there, ever  open to you, if you care to enter  it, ever supporting all your movements even when you are unaware."

How wonderful to know: The Heart is ever open to all of us, all we need do is to take care, that is, to enquire, and enter it, and It is always there where we are. This is why Sri Bhagwan has taught that the Self-realization is easy, provided we take care!!!

Thanks very much.
Pranam
  Anil         
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:33:40 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: May 01, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan has taught that it is only right that various thoughts arise during the sadhana, otherwise how else they would be destroyed? Enquiry forces them out from their entrenched hiding places and destroys at the very place of their rising.
Therefore, He has taught that if thoughts arise during meditation, one should not get caught by them and swerve away from attention onto  the subject, i.e., oneself,  BUT  LOOK  AT  THEM  OBJECTIVELY, and ask, 'To whom and whence did this thought come?' and thus should regain again the Self-ward attention. If we conduct self-investigation in this manner, thoughts surely pass away like clouds across a clear sky. If we remain patiently alert, thoughts lose power to disturb our equipoise for if we question in this manner, each thought leads us back to basic 'I'-thought and to the final question of 'Who am I?'

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan has taught that it is of the very nature of this meditation (Vichara) that there is NO  MENTAL  OR  VERBAL  ANSWER.  How can there be answer? Answer is the Self Who transcends thoughts  and words. We must also remember that the ego is seeking That which is before  or prior to its origin or birth. THEREFORE,  THE  ANSWER  TO  'WHO  AM  I?' CANNOT  BE  GRASPED  BY  THE  EGO,  BUT  THE  ANSWER  ITSELF  WILL GRASP AND  DEVOUR  IT.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
   Anil 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:10:55 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: May 10, 2016, 01:53:33 PM »
Sri Arthur Osborne:

As long as there is the concept of an 'I' there is a concept of others; as long as there are others to help, there is an I to help them and therefore no Self-Realization. The two go together; they cannot be separated.

OTHERS

What will they think of this?
What will they say to that?
So others arise.
When there are others there's I.
In truth there just IS.
Isness alone is;
No others, no I, only a dance, a rhythem,
Only a being.

Of course, one has to play the game of 'I and others', to act as though they existed. It is as if, as can sometimes happen, one had a dream and took part in its events while at the same time being awake enough to know that it was a dream.

Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan has unequivocally taught that unless we accept and recognise the world as mere dream-like illusion, the true nature of the Swarupa (Self) cannot flash forth, just as the rope cannot be recognised unless we recognise the illusory superimposition of the snake on the rope. Self alone exists, egos do not, just as the rope alone exists, snake does not.

Dear devotees, as I have said on several occasions, the state of Realization is the state of deep sleep, only thing we do not enter this state consciously and therefore we say we do not know, yet we say we slept happily. Do we not? Hence, state of Realization is indeed Waking Sleep or Jagrat Nidra. It follows therefore that,  in advanced stages, that is, when the practice deepens and acquires intense focus and profundity, Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan Ramana is only the practice of a simulation of the state of deep sleep while one is still awake.
Yes, we all must be having such experiences, sometime or other, when in a dream we experience to be taking part in the dream-events while at the same time being awake sufficiently to know that it is only a dream. Dear devotees, this gives a vivid glimpse of the Swarupa or the Jagrat Nidra! Remaining only blissfully aware is the state of Waking Sleep, and when this happens consciously, it is Realization, for Awareness alone is our Real Nature or the Swarupa.     

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:00:05 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: May 10, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
Question: As we hold two different opinions, we are enquiring in order to find out what Bhagwan would like best.

Sri Bhagwan: Oh, I see. You want to know what Bhagwan would lime best! What Bhagwan likes best is to remain silent without doing anything. If people with different opinions give up their mauna, which is the embodiment of love, and come to me and say, 'We will do this', and 'We will do that', and enquire of me which I like better of the two, what can I say? If you all agree upon a course of action, and then ask me for my opinion, I would then say that it is all right. But when you are of two opinions, why do you come to me and ask me which I like better? What I like is to know who I am and to remain as I am with the knowledge that what is to happen will happen and what is not to happen will not happen.  Is that not right? DO  YOU  NOW  UNDERSTAND  WHAT  BHAGWAN  LIKES  BEST?
Source: Letters  from  Sri Ramanasramam

Dear Devotees,

Silence or Mauna Sri Bhagwan speaks of is the embodiment of love. If one enquires who he is and remains as being-consciousness (I am), giving up for once and all 'so and so' from 'I am so and so', that is the Silence of the Self, which alone is ceaseless and obstructed speech, and that is the embodiment of Love.
Dear devotees, The Direct Path of the Atma-Vichara awakens Love through knowledge. This Love, this Knowledge, is not of one for other, not of one by another, not of the subject for the object, or the mind-knowledge, but the awakening Bliss of the Self to which the mind is drawn and in  which it is absorbed in Love.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 06:51:48 PM by eranilkumarsinha »