Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758065 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #4695 on: March 29, 2016, 12:02:53 PM »
Dear Amrendra Bhai,

Quote:
"submitting to temptation to snatch any opportunity to 'sermonize' to inflate my ego by a gross display of false 'panditya" hiding my own ignorance."

How can you say such things about yourself? I know rather well that you are an earnest seeker of truth like anybody else here in this forum, and I never, never, ever saw you sermonizing anybody, for like myself, you too do not like to preach others. Therefore, I am aware that your panditya is not merely intellectual and dry, but is based on intuitive understanding and deep contemplation on Truth as to what really It is, and as to who really you are. I never sensed even trace of egoistic feeling and thinking in our interaction from our college days to this day.     

Quote:
"Secondly, I am amazed to perceive the latent fear in the statements of Anil Bhai and Shri Sadhak as if reading UG might shatter their faith in Bhagwan Shri Ramana."

Dear Amarendra bhai, when I realized Bhagwan Sri Ramana's Grace, I realized Him simultaneously as Guru in my Heart, and became aware of His Presence wherever I might be, I had some apprehension, in those initial years, as far as reading books on other Gurus and visiting other great ones were concerned. But now, I feel I know better, and I know better now that any mental activity whatsoever has no power to shake, weaken and shatter my Faith in Him within my heart.
When you mentioned about Sri U.G. Krishnamurti's meeting with Sri Bhagwan, it just occurred innocently to me that I should ascertain the facts of his visit from Sri Ramanasramam's sources and see whether the account of his visit has been recorded and is available . That is all there is to it. Though I have not been able to download any book on Sri U.G. Krishnamurti, as you guided, due to slow net connection, I wish to read some books on him, the spiritual terrorist , with your help, soon.     

Amarendra bhai, there is no doubt in my mind that you indeed fit in very well with the rest of us in this Forum, as Sri Sadhak observed, but certainly not to do what some others do here without realizing it.   

Thanks very much, for some of your beautiful posts under this topic.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:07:19 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: March 31, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »
Sri  Arthur Osborne:
The initial position is that Atma, the Self or Spirit, alone is and is manifested in all the forms of the universe and in your being, without ever ceasing from its formless, changeless state. But there also appears to be an ego, an individual self, which imagines itself a real and separate being, as though one of the persons in a dream should imagine himself to exist apart from the mind of the dreamer. The Self is in unchanging Bliss and Perfection, without birth or death, beginning or end; the ego is unceasing turmoil, plagued by hope and fear, anxiety and regret, attachment and bereavement, and foredoomed to death. But its sole good, the ego has an intuition of the Self, which it conceives of as a greater Being, infinitely good, unfathomably wise, boundlessly loving; and it calls this being 'God'.

Dear Devotees,

The ego has an intuition of the Self. This is what should be called ego's worth. The ego or the 'I'-thought holds the key, knows the clue to reach the Real Self, for it knows the pathway to Home. The 'I'-thought carries the scent of consciousness, for it reflects only the consciousness of the Self. But it erroneously identifies with the limited name and form. Although it has no consciousness of its own and derives its awareness only from the Self, as the moon reflecting the light of the sun, yet by long habits it has forgotten its real identity and has assumed  sovereign and independent identity instead. We therefore use this scent while paying attention to this consciousness of 'I' and seek the source from where it arises. In this way, we effectively isolate the sense of existence in the 'I'-thought and attend only to sense of existence which cannot exist without That which really exists. So, constant identification of the 'I'-though with myriad thoughts and objects is cut away and attention is only paid to the sense of 'I' by itself. If this is done, we have the pure scent of consciousness which can then be easily traced back to the source. 

As the dog, carrying the scent of its master, may be distracted with the scent of tasty food in the way, so also we must not get distracted by interesting things of the illusory world, and pay our undivided attention to that single scent only.

Dear devotees, yes, it is true that the 'I'-thought constantly camouflages itself by associating with other thoughts. But Sri Bhagwan has taught that by questioning it, by questioning its locus-standi, we penetrate this camouflage. Since it has no consciousness of its own but reflects only the consciousness of the Self, it cannot put up with such intense and pointed scrutiny for long.

Dear devotees, Self-enquiry, to me, now, is only to observe consciously the dissolution of the individual, limited self into its source.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil             
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:16:57 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: March 31, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »
An excerpt from the book 'Worshipping the Divine Oneness of Arunachala-Ramana' :

Bhagwan's Mahanirvana has made no difference to the Grace and Guidance emanating from Arunachala-Ramana. The timeless peace from His Presence flows through Arunachala. Even vaster now is the wealth of Grace that Bhagwan brought in human form and now as formless, All-Pervading Consciousness that bestows Grace on those who turn to Arunachala.
If those who feel disturbed at the loss of their Guru and God (in the body of Bhagwan Sri Ramana) want to have a visible name and form to steady the wavering mind, then they should contemplate the Holy Hill of Arunachala, that visible form with which the Light of Arunachala, Bhagwan Ramana, has merged. The Sacred Hill, Bhagwan assured devotees, only waits to respond eagerly and tenderly to even the weakest yearning of Its devotees. The underlying Reality shines as the pure and perfect Awareness, free of concepts and ever blissful.

Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:35:57 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: April 01, 2016, 10:45:45 AM »
Sri Sadhu Om:
Since this ego is unreal, like an illusory snake, it seems to exist only when we do not look at it carefully enough. Just as the snake will disappear if we look at it carefully, because it is really only a rope, our ego will disappear if we look at it carefully, because it is really only our formless and hence infinite self. Therefore it is only by attending to our ego, which is the root and first thought of our mind, that we can know it correctly--that is, know that it does not really exist--and only by knowing it correctly can we control it or subdue it.

Thus the knowledge gained by self-attention is the supreme power by which we can conquer our mind, and since the entire world-appearance is just a projection of our mind, conquering our mind means conquering the entire world--both this world and every other imaginable world. Therefore, self-attention is the supreme undertaking, but since it is within the power of each one of us to attend to ourself, it is 'the direct path for everyone', as Bhagwan says in verse 17 of Upadesa Undiyar.
Mountain Path

Dear devotees,

If we investigate carefully, snake vanishes. Snake vanishes because it is the rope! In fact, it is never a snake. Likewise, if we enquire deeply and profoundly (that is, looking at the ego carefully), the ego disappears. The ego disappears, because, in fact, it is our own formless Infinite Self, and never, never the limited ego! For one who is turned inward, that is, Self-ward, this truth can penetrate this camouflage like lightning.

Dear devotees, as you may be aware that Sri Bhagwan employed various analogies to drive this very point home in His own wonderful way, in order to illustrate that we are always the Absolute, Existence-Consciousness. And all this is a mere play of obtaining of the ever obtained or always attained. Hence,  Sri Bhagwan has used several similes, such as, the woman who, forgetting that necklace is around the neck, searches anxiously for it. Or the prince who was lost in a forest in his infancy and grew up believing that he was the son of a hunter! Or about ten fools who, upon crossing a river and each one counting the  other nine, and forgetting to count himself, bewailed that one of them has certainly drowned in the river. Or the simile of the lion who believed itself to be a donkey, since it lived in the company of donkeys from the very infancy. But truth is that the necklace was never lost, the prince was never the son of a hunter and never not a prince, tenth man was never drowned, and the lion was never a donkey. So also, we are never limited, ghost-like phantom ego. All we need to do is to look carefully at the ego.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:59:26 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: April 01, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
Arunachala! The very moment I remembered Thy holy name, Thou binding me with Thy cord of Grace drew me to Thee. Who has the power to gauge and perceive the might and glory of the power of Thy Grace that captivates those who think of Thee?
V. 70, Sri Arunachala Akshara Mana Malai

Arunachala! Graciously bestow Thy enlightening Grace that I may be rid of this folly of mine that holds on dearly to the insentient human frame constituted of the segments of five elements as 'I' and bid me behold the grandeur of Thy form of Awareness forever.
V. 75, SSri Arunachala Akshara Mana Malai

Arunachala! Bestow on me Thy Grace of wisdom that will equip me with that clear knowledge that will cut asunder the chit-jada-granthi (the knot of Awareness and insentience)--the delusion of the ego--that prevents me from perceiving Thy Feet  and Crown which are but Grace and Being.
V. 80, Sri Arunachala Akshara Mana Malai

"Drawing me with the cords of Thy Grace
Although I had not even dimly thought of Thee"
Sri Arunachala Padikam

Dear Devotees,

How do you think we all have been drawn to this Forum, dedicated to Sri Bhagwan and His Teaching, and seeking and striving to grasp, practice and realize Reality that we are? There should not be an iota of doubt in anyone's mind that It is His Grace Which drew us to Him, made us aware of His Teaching and SRI  RAMANA  WAY, and put us on the Path. It is His Grace that has sustained or persevered us in this wondrous pursuit to realize the Swarupa for so long. It is therefore verily His Grace that is our Goal. Today, if we are able to practice His Atma-vichara , which is  really a striving to realize the Atma-swarupa, the very ability to do so undoubtedly springs from  Bhagwan Sri Ramana's Grace. It is He Who has given us power and courage to seek Him within our own Heart. And, indeed, if His Grace obviously is in operation, what then is there to worry about?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:16:59 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: April 02, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »
What follows is Sri Arthur Osborne's wonderful poem 'Ramana  Sadgur', which portrays succinctly the Essence of Sri Bhagwan's Teaching:

Ramana Sadguru

To feel, to know, to be the Christ within
Can there then be love for Christ on earth,
Walking like man, seen as a man is seen?
Seek not to argure, love has greater woworth.
  Love makes man kin

With the beloved. Such have I known,
Him of the lustrous eyes, Him whose sole look
Pierced to the heart, wherein the seed was sown
Of wisdom deeper than in holy book,
Of truth alone

Not to be learned but lived, Truth in its hour
To sprout within the heart's dark, wintry earth
And grow a vibrant thing, then, come to power,
To slay the seeming self that gave it birth,
Or to devour.

Heart of my heart, seen outwardly as one
In human form, to draw my human love,
Lord Ramana, Guru, the risen Sun,
Self manifest, the guide of all who rove,
Lost and alone,
In tangled thoughts and vain imaginings,
Back to pure Being, which your radiant smile,
Full of compassion for my wanderings,
Tells me I always was, though lost this while
In a world of things.

Dear Devotees,

Sri Arthur Osborne is a poet par excellence.  From my own as well as from so many devotees' understanding and experience, as expressed in their reminiscences, I have gathered, will full conviction, that following lines express aptly as to how Sri Bhagwan's Grace, then and now, drew and is drawing the earnest seekers of Truth from  all over the word, irrespective of their religion and nationality:     

"Him of the lustrous eyes, Him whose sole look
Pierced to the heart, wherein the seed was sown
Of wisdom deeper than in holy book,
Of truth alone"

Dear devotees, though there may be other ways  of  drawing His devotees to Him  and showering His Grace on them,  countless number of devotees have shared and affirmed their experience as to how suddenly, secretly, the Light penetrated and opened their Heart  and  they experienced  Oneness, albeit, for a while, but nevertheless, the seed was sown.  Therefore,  the above is certainly  the  SECRET  WAY  of initiating His adoring devotees and granting an experience of existence-consciousness . 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:35:44 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

Niluamarendra

• View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: April 02, 2016, 12:09:38 PM »
Dear Anil ji,

It appears clear to me that you are on the right track as you well recognize the importance of continuous  "self enquiry", i.e., the action to be initiated on your part as well as   the importance of "His Grace", i.e., dependent on "Him" and not on  "you".

Both of these are necessary for a true seeker because of the inherent dangers of the path.

If one relies completely on his own efforts (Karma) only, it will be like one trying to lift oneself up by raising one's shoelaces up himself, which will be futile and all efforts will be wasted, unless someone else helps him. This someone else is "He" (residing in your own inner self and not different from you in reality) who extends His help (Grace) to only those whom he finds making such efforts to lift themselves and passionately pursuing their efforts, i.e., in one sense, "You" yourself help you to raise yourself. This "You" is  is in the form of a Guru (God). Besides, one's complete reliance on his own efforts subtly strengthens his ego, which is one of  the dangers. And the greater danger is that such a person may not have the courage to jump into the "Unknown" at the final moments due to various fears and his mind may relapse in the safe realms of the "known" and here the Guru or His Grace is especially needed as  the full faith in "Him" enables one to take the ultimate risk of losing oneself. Only when the identity of the drop is lost  in the ocean it becomes one with the "Ocean", i.e., the "Existence" or which "Is".   

But if  one thinks that only His Grace (Fate) is sufficient and cunningly  abandons his efforts for 'self realization',  it is more likely that he will only be deceiving himself and there lies the great threat of his rationalizing his lethargy.  Here only some miraculous things like earthquake  will compel him to budge otherwise he will go on shifting his responsibility upon "Him" and blaming "Him" if nothing desired is happening to him. This tactic of protecting oneself and remaining in safe and comfortable zone ultimately leads to perpetuating the vicious circle and it is not imaginable how any progress can be expected. 

It is  with the help of these both, i.e., Karma (continuous efforts  of self-enquiry) and  complete surrender to Fate or His Grace,   that one may achieve his goal and then only can one realize that these are not different and contradictory but the two sides of the same coin. One can either accept or reject both but it is  impossible to have only one side.

I am very pleased to go through your various  posts and to have a glimpse of your psyche through these. Pray for His Grace and Blessings shower on all of us like you.

Due to my engagements in various annual closing exercises last week, I could not respond you earlier and I sincerely regret.

With love,

Amarendra

himsel thinking that His Grace   . "   hialise the  know

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: April 02, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
Sri Sadhu Om:

It is sometimes said that to conquer our mind we need to control all our desires, but we can control them only by knowing what desire really is. It is actually impossible to control desire entirely, because desire is love, which is the priya or ananda aspect of our real nature. That is, what manifests in our mind as numerous desires is only our love to be happy, and this love is the very nature of our real self, so it can never be controlled or conquered. Therefore the only way to conquer all our desires is to fulfill our fundamental love to be happy, which we can do only by knowing what really we are.
The desires we have for things other than ourself are endless, because whenever one such desire is satisfied, another will rise to take its place. Therefore we can never be satisfied by trying to fulfill our desires one by one. The root of all our desires is only our love for ourself, so we should redirect all our desires for other things back towards ourself by desiring and trying to experience only what we ourself really are. At present our self-love is scattered about in the form of numerous desires, so it has become weak and fragmented. Therefore to make it whole and strong once again, we should focus it on its real target, which is ourself. By doing so, we will know what we really are, and then we will find that there is actually nothing else for us to desire.
Mountain Path 

Dear devotees,

Sri Sadhu Om's insights, in my view, are always helpful in the sadhana of Sri Bhagwan's Vichara.  It is absolutely true that what manifests in our minds as desires is only our love to be happy. Since Happiness is our real nature, this love to be always happy and never to be unhappy manifests as numerous desires, in our ignorant minds. One sees daily man and woman and other creatures dying, in close proximity, yet one nurtures a  sense of immortality, somewhere deep within, because  one is really immortal Self and not this mortal body.
How does the desire arise? Sri Bhagwan has taught that the desire arises because the present state is unbearable. Why is the present state unbearable? Because it is not our true nature. Had it been our real nature no desire would disturb us. Therefore, the desire is born of this sense of incompleteness. Does it not? But, infinitely beneficial is the query: TO  WHOM  AT  ALL  IS THIS  SENSE  OF  INCOMPLETENESS?

Dear devotees, though love to be ever happy is the very nature of our real Self, and during the waking hours when we see objects, this love to be happy manifests in our minds as desires, Sri Bhagwan has cautioned the seekers that sadhaks should not lose themselves in desires. "Fire might as well be put out by pouring spirit over the flames." Besides, we must have discerned subtly that every time we attempt to satisfy a desire the knowledge comes from within that it is better to desist.   

Therefore, dear devotees, I cannot agree more with Sri Sadhu Om's conclusion that the only way to conquer all our desires is to fulfill our fundamental love to be happy, which we can do only by knowing what really we are.

Thanks very  much.
Pranam
   Anil
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:35:37 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: April 02, 2016, 04:34:11 PM »
Dear Amarendra Bhai, I have just seen your beautiful post, and going through it conferred on me an experience. Thank you so much, my dear Amarendra bhai. However, I wish to respond, point-wise, to some of the invaluable points that you have raised in your post, sometime tomorrow on Sunday.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: April 03, 2016, 02:46:44 PM »
When the mind free of thought turns inward,
Annamalai appears as my own Self.
True, Grace is needed; Love is added.
Bliss wells up.

Seeing this Self within
As Awareness' lightning flash;
The play of Grace; the ego's death;
The blossoming of Bliss.

Source: Atma-Vidya, Bhagwan Sri Ramana Maharshi

Dear Sri Amarendra Bhai,

Quote:
"It appears clear to me that you are on the right track as you well recognize the importance of continuous  "self enquiry", i.e., the action to be initiated on your part as well as   the importance of "His Grace", i.e., dependent on "Him" and not on  "you".

Both of these are necessary for a true seeker because of the inherent dangers of the path."

Therefore, yes, Sri Bhagwan has taught that Grace is the primary and essential cause, but Grace to be effective, requires our effort, for our effort is sine-qua-non. He has taught that Grace is vouchsafed only to those who have striven hard on the path of Realization. Grace is the Self, and therefore, Grace is in the beginning of our effort or sadhana, it sustains or perseveres us in the middle of our effort or sadhana, and bestows Realization of the Atma-swarupa or the Self in the end. Therefore, Grace is truly in the beginning, middle and end.

Dear Amrendra bhai, Self is the Guru, and Grace also comes from the Self. So, manifestation of the Self is the manifestation of Grace.

Quote:
" If one relies completely on his own efforts (Karma) only, it will be like one trying to lift oneself up by raising one's shoelaces up himself, which will be futile and all efforts will be wasted, unless someone else helps him. This someone else is "He" (residing in your own inner self and not different from you in reality) who extends His help (Grace) to only those whom he finds making such efforts to lift themselves and passionately pursuing their efforts, i.e., in one sense, "You" yourself help you to raise yourself. This "You" is  is in the form of a Guru (God). Besides, one's complete reliance on his own efforts subtly strengthens his ego, which is one of  the dangers. And the greater danger is that such a person may not have the courage to jump into the "Unknown" at the final moments due to various fears and his mind may relapse in the safe realms of the "known" and here the Guru or His Grace is especially needed as  the full faith in "Him" enables one to take the ultimate risk of losing oneself. Only when the identity of the drop is lost  in the ocean it becomes one with the "Ocean", i.e., the "Existence" or which "Is"."

Dear Amarendra bhai, so, everything you have written, as above, is true to my understanding and experience. The finite effort of finite creatures cannot bestow the Knowledge of the Infinite. Hence, Grace is needed, love is added, then only Bliss wells up. 
Yes, Self alone is verily Guru, and therefore, He is certainly not different from us from the stand-point of Ultimate Reality. But so long as one is still doing sdhana and has not yet transcended the duality or the state of ignorance, one should not regard oneslf equal to the Guru.  This is why an important caution is given to the disciples: One should inwardly reflect on the truth of Advaita or Non-duality always, but should not seek to apply the teachings in in his actions. Meditation on Non-duality is proper in respect of all the three worlds. But understand that that it should not be done in respect of the Guru. Why these injunctions, Amarendra bhai? It is for the very reason as you have narrated wonderfully in your post. Yes, we all are aware of the power of the ego to frustrate and pervert even our honest efforts to realize the Truth--which would mean its own death. Therefore, so long as duality persists, because of the ego-sense, enemy, as it were, would be in charge. The ego-I is already stuck and wild, what will happen when it thinks that it is Infinite Brahman? The ego-I will grow up enormously. Will it not? He will be enormously ignorant and foolish. The false, phantom-like ego must perish.

Quote:
"It is  with the help of these both, i.e., Karma (continuous efforts  of self-enquiry) and  complete surrender to Fate or His Grace,   that one may achieve his goal and then only can one realize that these are not different and contradictory but the two sides of the same coin. One can either accept or reject both but it is impossible to have only one side."

Yes, Amarendrs bhia, I need not tell you, being yourself a brilliant mathematician, that when our finite effort and Infinite Grace act and react on each other, Outcome will be only Infinite. Will it be not?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Note: Dear Amarendra bhai, my computer didn't open today  despite my best effort. Hence the delay in my response. Anil
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 02:56:46 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Niluamarendra

• View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: April 03, 2016, 05:27:43 PM »
Dear Anil ji,

I cannot agree more and your  succinct post  has reinforced my faith in your deep  understanding and experience of life and I sincerely pray that His Grace, which initiated you to the Path and has guided you so far, may lead you to the  Ultimate Goal of Sat Chit Anand. 

With love and hoping You will accept my salutation (pranam)  too,

Amarendra

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: April 15, 2016, 02:43:03 PM »
Quote:
"and I sincerely pray that His Grace, which initiated you to the Path and has guided you so far, may lead you to the  Ultimate Goal of Sat Chit Anand."

Dear Sri Amarendra Bhai,

Yes, that is absolutely true. It is Sri Bhagwan's Grace, which like innumerable seekers of truth, initiated me into this supremely beneficial Path of Self-enquiry. Sri Arthur Osborne, a great devotee and author of some very invaluable books on Sri Bhagwan, which disseminated His Teaching to seekers at large, has recounted that Sri Bhagwan's look stole into his heart and set up the current of enquiry. Amarendra bhai, this is, in fact, the experience of so many spiritual seekers from all over the world. Therefore, this indeed is the classic instance of how He draws His devotees and disciples in the net of His Grace and transforms and metamorphoses them through a silent alchemy, that is, a direct Heart to Heart communion.

Dear Amarendra bhai, from the time you, in an inspired action, introduced me to a great silent Sage of Tiruvannamalai who understood birds' and animals' language and talked to them like men and women (these were the words you uttered while you made me aware of Him), and gave me for a few days the booklet 'Who Am I?', His Name never left me and the'Who Am I ?' became the burning and blazing question creating an existential doubt as to who really I am after all. An office colleague even once remarked that I am always chanting His Name. I do not know, for, I never chanted any name consciously, as is Japa or chanting formally performed. But undoubtedly I always thought of Him, surrendered to Him, studied His Life and Teaching, practiced unceasingly His Core Teaching, with love and utmost Shradha, and thus found myself palpably into the ambit of His Grace, which I realized is non-different from and same as and verily the Supreme Divine Grace.

Thank you so much, dear Amarendra bhai, for wishing for my supreme good.

Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:46:56 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: April 15, 2016, 03:54:44 PM »
"To whom has this thought arisen?"

Dear Devotees,

As I have said on several occasions under this topic, when one's attention has swerved away from the Atma-swarupa or the Self, that is, when the all-important Self-attention has been lost, and when one becomes aware of this loss, the questions, such as, 'To whom has this thought arisen or to whom is this thought, who am I?' is a mere contrivance to win back the attention from the sense objects and their thoughts, and regain the Self-attention. This is the only purpose of these questions.

When the Self-attention and  to just be is the Goal, there is  really no need to formulate these questions in so many words and allow some space for and prolong the mental activities. Therefore, when one's Self-attention has been lost and when one becomes aware of this loss, one word questioning through relative pronouns or any  appropriate and suitable word, such as, 'whom ?' or 'to whom?', 'who?', 'me?', etc., will be sufficient to regain the lost Self-attention. Initially, when one begins to practice Sri Bhagwan's Vichara, these questions may consist of  a number of words, as one wishes to perform Enquiry exactly as Sadguru has taught. However, as one progresses and matures, one knows better, and does not require so many words to turn back attention once more onto oneself.  One begins to gradually understand and grasp the true import of these questions, and in such state of sadhana of the Self-enquiry, as soon as one becomes aware of the externalization of the mind, one is already in the Self-attention, experiencing state of mere being! 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil       
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:58:05 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: April 15, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »
An excerpt from an Article named
'Bhagwan Treated For Eczema' in the book 'The Silent Power':

It is of this special favour to devotees that I was telling my doctor friend. I used to call it the special Grace of Bhagwan on the jayanthi occasion.
It was at this time that Bhagwan was putting the eczema ointment over his body. What could be the nature of this jayanthi dream? This was the anxiety of my doctor friend and he used to ask me often, "Mr. Iyer, how will Bhagwan give special darshan to His devotees with these white paints and patches on Him? I am sorry that I shall not have the fortune of having it. Why should He have this disease at this time when I am visiting Him?"
I used to reply, "Wait and see if He will be Bhagwan your patient, or the Bhagwan of my description dispensing special Grace on the jayanthi occasion."
The jayanthi day came. There were the usual decorations, gathering of devotees, pujas, music, etc. Bhagwan was seated in a specially decorated pandal. All the same He was to my doctor friend still his patient Bhagwan and not the Bhagwan of my description. I was not sorry that Bhagwan was going to belie my expectation and that of other devotees who were accustomed to have the jayanthi gift of Bhagwan (they used to call it Bhagwan?s jayanth gift). I was only sorry for my doctor friend.
It was 9 a.m. on the jayanthi morning. All eyes were riveted on Bhagwan. There were the longing prayers of the souls gathered around Bhagwan. Suddenly there appeared the special features of Bhagwan on His face and eyes. The nija mouna bhava, its fullness expressing itself as Atma Rama--Muditha vadana and Dakshinamurthi. The Bliss of His Being ebbing over His countenance beautifying it, true to the words of Dakshinamurthi's names: Sundara, Sundara, Sundara, I am the perfection of beauty of the inner Self. I am I. Ahamevaham.
The peace of His Being permeated the atmosphere and all those that were gathered around, keeping them enthralled in the Grace that was His. The peace that passeth all understanding. The unborn was revealing Himself through a form. Bhagwan was Bhagwan telling us without telling Tat Twam Asi (That Thou art).
"Tat Twam Asi, Tat Twam Asi" nithyam.
I whispered to my doctor friend to tell me if Bhagwan was his patient Bhagwan or jayanthi Ramana Bhagwan. He could only nod his head in acceptance of my remarks. He was all spellbound and in wonder. He remarked later, "Mr. Sundaresh, I have lived to see this great marvel. Who would say He is like any of us? Yet He condescends to be one of us and that is our great fortune. My patient is my darling and God."

Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:31:10 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: April 18, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »
Dr. Syed: How is Grace to be obtained?
Sri Bhagwan: Similar to obtaining the Self.
Devotee: Practically, how it is to be for us?
Sri Bhagwan: By self-surrender.
Devotee: Grace was said to be the Self. Should I then surrender to my own Self?
Sri Bhagwan: Yes. To the one from whom Grace is sought. God, Guru and Self are only different forms of the same. 
Devotee: Please explain, so that I may understand.
Sri Bhagwan: So long as you think you are the individual you believe in God. On worshipping God, God appears to you as Guru. On serving Guru He manifests as the Self. This is the rational.
TaLK--271

Dear devotees, obtaining Grace is same as obtaining the Self, for the Self is Grace. Obviously then seeking the Self, and nothing else whatsoever, is indeed manifestation of Grace. Sri Bhagwan has assured that when one turns inward and seeks his own Source, that is, the Self, the Atma-swarupa, such a one is certainly graced, submerged in Ocean of Grace, realizing intutively, palpably, the import of Silence and Eternal Peace.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:59:06 PM by eranilkumarsinha »