Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758534 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #4665 on: March 19, 2016, 02:51:40 PM »
Sri Bhagwan: There is happiness at agreeable sights. It is the happiness inherent in the Self. That happiness is not alien and afar. You are diving into the pure Self on occasions which you consider pleasurable. That diving results in Self-existent bliss. But the association of ideas is responsible for foisting this bliss on other things or happenings. In fact, it is within you. On these occasions, you are plunging into the Self, though unconsciously. If you do so consciously, you call it realization. I want you to dive consciously into the Self, i.e. into Heart.
The querent does not agree with me. He asked how to realize Self and when I told him, he was not satisfied, because I gave him the simple truth. He wants something unusual and unnecessary. So the best thing for me is to keep silence. Let him try his own methods.
Source: Conscious Immortality

Dear Devotees,

As the association of ideas is responsible for foisting the Self-existent bliss on the external objects and happenings, likewise, we attribute to the happenings in mundane life the cause of all our miseries, which, in fact, is due to the ego within us. Therefore, it is crystal-clear from the above Teaching that we cannot get happiness from things and happenings extraneous to us. At the agreeable sights and happenings, or when an object of desire is obtained, we momentarily dive into the Self though we are not conscious of this plunging , nevertheless,  we experience the bliss of the Real Identity, that is,  of the Atma-swarupa, albeit, for a brief while. This experience of the bliss of the Swarupa cannot be everlasting because, we again rise as the ego with its myriad thoughts and miseries. However, it is thus established that we do not really derive happiness, not even in the least, from the things or events extraneous to us.  It is within as One with and as the very nature  of the Self or the Swarupa.  It is therefore always the bliss of the Swarupa but we erroneously associate that bliss with the  external objects and amicable happenings  outside, and think and say that we experience joy after the fulfillment of this and that desire., with agreeable outcome of this and that event and obtainment of this and that object. But obviously all this is simply not true.  Isn't it? 
Hence,  the Teaching: TO  BE  THE  SELF  THAT  YOU  REALLY  ARE  IS  THE  ONLY  MEANS  TO  REALIZE  THE  BLISS  THAT  IS  EVER  YOURS.

So, Sri Bhagwan unrelentingly exhorts us to dive into Atma-swarupa consciously, and be the Self that we always are, and realize the bliss of the Real Identity forever, remaining as the Self.   

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:54:43 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: March 19, 2016, 05:20:53 PM »

Several devotees do not go there to talk or ask questions;
 they are happiest when visitors do not talk
and Maharshi sits still in samadhi giving them the lead.
They are those who have been working on the lines recommended by him,
 i.e., Atma Vichara (pursuing the quest 'Who am I?').

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: March 20, 2016, 08:34:33 AM »
The abundant greatness of Brahman is that it cannot be made to shine by all the various utterances, expositions and lectures. Because that Brahman shines through the rare and precious silence of the Guru, that mauna-discourse is the most powerful exposition.
GVK   

Dear Sri Jewel and Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan's last Holy Utterance 'I  AM  HERE', in my view, implies that rare and precious silence of the Guru, that mauna-discourse is ever going on unobstructed, and remains as potent, if not more, after the dissolution of the mortal coil, as before.
As soon as a discerning devotee enters Sri Ramanasramam, he experiences that unceasing eloquence, the best language, the Silence of the Self, His Presence at once. Does he not? So, yes, many devotees in Sri Ramanarasramam are in profound state of enquiry without mental activity. Therefore, when hearts are attuned to that eternal speech, IN  HEART  TO  HEART  TALK,  spoken words obstruct this mute language. The perennial language of the Silence, which is so intensely palpable in the environment, is interrupted by speaking.
Besides, since the non-dual Supreme Reality, the Atma-swarupa is the Transcendental Silence, Sri Bhagwan has taught that whichever path is accepted by a devotee, the doorway to final liberation, the ultimate entry point and refuge, is the intense activity called Mauna or Silence.

Last not but the least: Mauna  or Silence, which is merely the state of Grace, is the one imperishable letter, always shining of its own accord as the Self or Swarupa in the Heart. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:37:55 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: March 20, 2016, 10:44:11 AM »
The Self is like a powerful magnet within us. It draws us gradually to itself, though we imagine we are going to it of our own accord. When we are near enough, it puts an end to our other activities, makes us still, and swallows up our own personal current, thus killing our personality. It overwhelms the intellect and over floods the whole being. We think we are meditating upon it and developing towards it, whereas the truth is that we are as iron fillings and it is the Atman-magnet that ius pulling us towards itself. This the process of finding Self is form of Divine Magnetism.
It is necessary to practice meditation frequently and regularly until the condition induced becomes habitual and permanent throughout the day. Therefore meditate.
You lost sight of the bliss because your meditative attitude had not become natural and because of the recurrence of vasanas. WHEN  YOU  BECOME  HABITUALLY  REFLECTIVE,  THE  ENJOYMENT  OF  SPIRITUAL  BEATITUDE  BECOMES  A  MATTER  OF  NATURAL  EXPERIENCE.
Source: Conscious Immortality 

Dear Devotees,

When one practices meditation frequently and regularly, with perseverance, he begins to recognize, and contacts the Consciousness, during the meditation or the Enquiry. This is what is meant by the 'condition induced', which, if one perseveres in this practice, it becomes habitual and permanent, and such a one, I am sure, always remains just  aware of this 'induced condition' as the 'current of meditation', at the back of one's mind, even while one is intensely engaged in worldly duties. It is worth remembering here that knowing requires a subject and an object, but remaining just aware does not require to bring in subject-object relationship, for it is, in my view, purely subjective awareness without an object. This is a clue which can indeed help a sadhak understand, grasp and experience the non-dual state, or state of being, or state of being-awareness.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:46:52 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: March 20, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »
Devotee Sri Kanakammal, who has joyfully shared her experiences in everal books and interviews, recollected:

Sometimes, Bhagwan would be gazing at something through the window in the hall. At those times, Bhagwan's gaze would be steady and unwavering. Once, a devotee asked Bhagwan, 'What is it that you are looking at, Bhagwan? Is it Light? Or is it Arunachala?' To this query, Bhagwan replied, 'Is that what you want to know? I am looking at myself. There is, after all, nothing other than myself.' Thus, Bhagwan has stated unequivocally, the essence of the theory of non-duality (abheda-bhavam).
Source: Worshipping the Divine Oneness of Arunachala-Ramana

Dear devotees, there is nothing other than ourselves, and at whatever things or objects--sentient or insentient  we are looking at, in truth, we are looking at ourselves only. It is wonderful! If we discern and grasp this, this is also a great clue.
Pranam,
  Anil             
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:36:07 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: March 21, 2016, 08:06:27 AM »
Sri Arthur Osborne (from his editorial in the Mountain Path):

In Hinduism, Budhism and Islam, although not in Christianity, the most widely used bhakti technique is invocation of the name of God. "The simplest method is chanting the name and freeing the mind from restlessness," said Swami Ramdas, a great modern bhakta.

The Maharshi also offered His devotees the path of devotion as an alternative to Self-enquiry in the first place, but if devotees complained that they found this too difficult, He would often add, "There are two ways: ask yourself 'Who am I?' or submit." And indeed, many of His devotees did, and still do, follow Him by the path of love, surrender, devotion. Even in this case, however, He did not give an invocation but only prescribed (as did Sai Baba also) complete surrender to the Guru. He has been known to make a tremendous statement, "Submit to me and I will strike down the mind." Or, "only   be still and I will do the rest."
It is not easy thing to keep the mind still, without thoughts, or to submit as Bhagwan understood submission. When one does, the barrier to Truth, God, Self is weakened, and Bhagwan does indeed break through and strike down the impostor ego. But what an assurance to receive! And what power in Him who gave it!

Surrender has to be complete: not only surrender of all the ego's desires but the ego that has the desires, until in the end it turns out to be an illusory thing, and bhakti becomes jnana.
Whichever path one follows, the thing is to follow it, not to argue about it. A Christian priest once told Bhagwan that he considered the goal of mystic union envisaged by Christians to be different from the Hindu goal of Moksha and superior to it, and Bhagwan replied, "All right, attain that first and then see whether you still find any difference or anything to criticize." That was always His reply--to turn the critic from theory to practice. Argument did not interest Him, only understanding and sincere effort.
Source: For Those With Little Dust, Selected Writings of Arthur Osborne

Dear Devotees,

This is indeed an extraordinary and tremendous statement to make: "Submit to me and I will strike down the mind." Or, "only   be still and I will do the rest." In my knowledge, only Lord of Gita made such an open and bold assertion before, and thus assured the mankind:

'Sarva-dharma parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja
Ahma tvasarva-papebhyo moksayisyami ma sucah'

Abandoning dependence on all Dahrmas  (or on human efforts at moral and spiritual upliftment), come to Me as the only Refuge. Grieve not; I will deliver you from all sins.
V. 18-66, Srimad Bhagavad Gita 

Dear devotees, this is what is meant by the Teaching: Submit to Me and I shall strike down the mind. This alone is indeed the complete surrender Sri Bhagwan speaks of.

I also do not see any scope for argument in the realm of spirituality. Argument is made only to score point, or to defeat someone in debate, which is detrimental from the point of view of a sincere and earnest, spiritual sadhak. Seeking and endeavoring to follow Sri Bhagwan and His Teaching in spirit and letter, I wish to say the same to all those who come and argue here about some other paths or methods of their preference:  One should attain first and then see whether one still finds any difference  or anything to criticize. I am sure only underlying unity will be found. Therefore, in my view, what matters most in spiritual life is understanding and sincere and earnest effort with Faith or Shradha.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:12:41 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: March 21, 2016, 10:14:07 AM »
Kayakanta Ganapati Muni, poet-seer, sings rapturously: "In speech He is extremely soft, in look cool and compassionate; His face is like full-blown lotus; His mind is a void like the moon in daylight; He shines in the heart as the sun in the sky".   (Sri Ramana Gita, Ch.18, V. 16).

The poet-saint Muruganar goes into ecstasy:

In the sovereign Presence where prevails
The stillness of awareness,
Those who enter the circle lit
By the silent guru's grace unfailing
Feast on the fruit of bliss eternal
Far, far beyond the ego's reach

To live the Truth is the true essence of religion, not preaching it. "The Indian tradition has been kept alive by such sages, the living embodiments  of God-centred  life, perfect images of the life divine in the mirror of human existence", affirms Dr. S. Radhakrishnan. Ramana lived the Truth, since He was the timeless in time.
Source: Moments Remembered, Sri V. Ganesan   
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:15:49 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: March 21, 2016, 12:55:16 PM »
When the waters evaporate and return as rain on the hills,
they once more flow in the form of rivers and fall
into the ocean;
so also the individuals during sleep lose their
separateness and yet return as individuals according
to their samskaras or past tendencies.

Even so it is in death;
and the individuality of the person with samskaras
is not lost.   
Source: Heart is Thy Name, Oh Lord

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: March 22, 2016, 09:03:13 AM »
    THE  EVIL  GHOST

In the heart--pure being:
'Isness alone is.'
Outwardly--flow of events:
'A dance, a rhythm.'
Between--an evil ghost:
'The impostor me,'
Who seems the very hub and first of things,
But, scrutinized, dissolves and is not there.
Pure being in the heart
Be this, be still;
Flow of events without--cognise, accept;
The evil ghost--be vigilant, expel;
This is the path and all the wisdom of it.
Sri Arthur Osborne   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:16:55 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: March 23, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
Dear Devotees,
If you have not read the story of rationalist Sri Prabhakar, as to how he was drawn or summoned, how he became the recipient of abundant Grace, how in a trice he became a full-fledged bhakta, and how he was initiated into Vichara, please go through this beautiful story narrated beautifully by none other than Sri V. Ganesan, as following:

Sri Prabhakar came to Bhagwan in 1949. The story of how he came to the master is of absorbing interest. Prabhakar was a pure rationalist and was averse to anything spiritual. Though he had heard about Bhagwan and seen His photos, he ignored Him. However, a total change in his life took place suddenly. One night, Bhagwan appeared in his dream. In that dream his boss pointed to Bhagwan and asked him whether he knew Him. On replying in the negative, Prabhakar was told that that He was none other than Bhagwan Sri Ramana Maharshi and that he should go to Arunachala and have His Darshan. Prabhakar proudly replied that he felt no such need and in any case he had no money to travel. His boss offered to give him the required money. He said: 'I will need Rs. 60' At this, he woke up from his dream.
He hesitated to narrate this dream to his boss, though he did to one of his friends. Prabhakar was persuaded by his friends to approach his boss with his dream story. One day he picked up courage and fully narrated his dream to his boss (avoiding the portion dealing with money). The boss was unmoved. He said: 'Anyhow, pay attention to your job and thus save some extra money to pay for your trip to your Bhagwan'. Before Prabhakar tried to move away, there was a sudden change in his boss's attitude and he hastened to add: 'Do you yourself have a deep desire to visit Bhagwan?' On Prabhakar replying in the affirmative, his boss asked him how much money he would require. Even before Prabhakar opened his mouth to reply, his boss wrote a cheque for Rs. 60 and handed it over to him! Receiving the exact amount indicated in the dream, Prabhakar saw that it was all Sri Bhagwna's Grace and immediately left for Tiruvannamalai. More thrilling than all these happenings was the fact that Bhagwan was looking intently at the entrance to the Hall as if waiting for someone to arrive and as soon as Prabhakar entered He gave a nod! For the first time in his life, Prabhakar did sashtanga namaskar (full prostration) to a great man. At his very first glimpse of Sri Bhagwan he became a full-fledged bhakta!
He asked Bhagwan: 'Did you summon me?' Bhagwan nodded His head in assent. He repeated the question twice; Bhagwan nodded each time. This stabilized Prabhakar's bondage to Bhagwan. During his stay he used to ask questions and Bhagwan would reply to every one of them. Once, Bhagwan told him: "You say 'I am Prabhakar'; who is this Prabhakar? Your parents called you so; you being a rationalist, why should you accept it? Who is this Prabhakar?. Use your reasoning faculty and search for 'who you really are'. Then, Prabhakar of this particular form and name will drop off and the real being alone will shine. The wrong thought that you are the sufferer of all these troubles will cease once for all."
In spite of odds and obstacles, Prabhakar led a peaceful life, because of his faith in and devotion to Bhagwan. He composed Prapatti Satkam in Sanskrit, a language in which he was not well-versed. Many corrections were made and Bhagwan had it included in the collection of poems preserved in the Asharam archives. It has a very moving beginning: "The fullness of my devotion to You, Oh Bhagwan, is due not to the excellence of my reasoning power or my spiritual maturity, but only to the luster that You shed on me in such abundance!"
Source: Moments Remembered

Dear devotees, how can a rationalist worth name accept blindly that he is this insentient body named so and so, only because others believe so and say the same? How can he accept that this block of a body shine as 'I'? He will naturally use his reasoning faculty and reason out his waking, dream and sleep experiences, and reach gradually the right understanding. 
Sri Prabhakar's story is the ample proof of the saying that a devotee cannot fathom as to how much solicitude the Guru has for him, and it is indeed Guru's work to make a call to a devotee whose time has come! How can a devotee seek his Guru and where? What does he know?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
   Anil 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:39:36 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: March 23, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »
From Sri Arthur Osborne's Editorials in the Mountain path:

All that one has to do is to keep one's mind still, take cognizance of outer happenings, concentrate on the mere fact of being, and remain poised and alert from promptings from within. It is as simple as that. But, although simple, few people find it easy. There is the temptation, while shaving or while stirring the porridge, to let the mind ramble on incessantly over what I will say to George in the office, and so on. These ramblings have two features in common: one is that they centre around a character called 'I' by whose interest the good and evil, advantage and disadvantage of all events are measured and whom the Sages declare to be fictitious; and the other is that they add nothing to the success of that presumptive character but merely mull over what has already been decided or will have to be decided in due course. They have the disastrous effect of deafening the mind to the still small voice of the Self and preventing the spiritual intuition or awareness of the Self from flowing in, so that the presumptive 'I', like an evil ghost, seems to usurp the place of the Self.

Dear Devotees,

Yes, these rambling and chirping of the mind during the waking hours have the disastrous consequences of blocking the mind to the still feeble Voice of the Self, still feeble voice because the sadhana has yet not stabilized, and thus these ramblings effectively prevent the spiritual intuition or the awareness of the Self from flowing in. However as sadhana progresses, and as the mind begins to be stilled to a greater or lesser degrees, and for longer and shorter periods, the obstacle to His Grace is gradually removed, barrier to spiritual intuition or awareness of the Self begins to be breached, and it begins to flow in, first it trickles in, then avalanche of spiritual knowledge floods in. At this stage, sadhana is stabilized, mental thought-wave is almost off, Source-awareness is bestowed leading to Self-abidance; and the Self-abidance, free of thought-wave, is the real Self-enquiry Sri Bhagwan speaks of.  Self Itself then destroys the residual predispositions,  and when the mind is thus purified, it comprehends or reflects the Self or Brahman perfectly, that is, the Self or Swarupa shines alone. THIS  IS  THE  WISDOM-QUEST  AND  ALL  THE  WISDOM  OF  IT, AS  SANG  SRI   OSBORNE!

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:03:10 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: March 24, 2016, 08:34:51 AM »
Dear Devotees,

An old Devotee, Sri Dhiruben Patel, an acclaimed Gujarati novelist, came to Sri Bhagwan as a teenager, and returning after fifty-seven years to Sri Ramanasramam, after disappearance of Sri Bhagwan's mortal coil, she has written thus:

After fifty-seven years,
I enter your Ashram once again.
I do not miss You
Because You were with me
All the while.
But where are Your squirrels,
Or their children of the twenty-seventh generation?
Surely they miss their peanuts
And touch of Your lotus-soft fingers?
Perhaps You have also been with them
And the peacocks trumpeting from the heights!
You cannot be away from them or from any other place.
You are the universal Consciousness,
Existence and joy eternal, O Ramana!

Dear devotees, Sri Kunju Swami often used to tell devotees in his Satsang in Sri Ramanasramam:

"Bhagwan is the supreme example of the Self acting as the Guru. He lived as though He had no body. And now too, there is no body. But He is present forever as the inner Guru in our Hearts as the Self within and as Arunachala, the visible symbol of the Self."

Dear devotees, it is unique in the annals of spiritual history.  Is it not? Lord Sri Arunachala Himself incarnated as the Sadguru Bhagwan Sri Ramana. However, when the Purpose of His Advent was over, He visibly merged again with Lord Sri Arunachala!  Everyone present at the time of His Mahasamadhi, so many people  in South India and even Western journalists are witness to that great celestial and divine event. Though Sri Arunachala-- Ramana ,  Parmatamam, in truth, is the Inner Self in the hearts of all, for His devotees, His outward manifestation and visibility as the Hill will remain forever, guiding them on the path to liberation. Lord Sri Arunachala, therefore, is His visible support of Grace for people at large in general and for His devotees in particular.

Thanks very much.
   Pranam,
     Anil
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:46:34 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: March 24, 2016, 12:48:48 PM »
Sri Bhagwan: Let the sensible man consider if he knew his body in deep sleep. Why does he feel it in the waking state? But, although the body was not felt in sleep, did not the Self exist then? How was he in deep sleep? How is he when awake? What is the difference? Ego rises up and that is waking. Simultaneously thoughts arise. Let him find out to whom are the thoughts. Wherefrom do they arise? They must spring up from the conscious Self.  APPREHENDING  IT  EVEN  VAGUELY  HELPS  THE  EXTINCTION  OF  THE  EGO.  Thereafter the realization of the one Infinite Existence becomes possible. In that state there are no individuals other than the Eternal Existence.
Talk--80

Dear Devotees,

Body changes but I am the same. Thoughts arise which pass through the mind and go out, leaving me the same as I have been before the thoughts arose and passed through my mind. Some time back, I had particular thoughts, emotions, hopes, despair, etc., which are gone now, but still I am the same. What or Who am I? 'Where did this thought come from, and why, and to whom?' Thoughts are like clouds and they pass away like clouds across a clear sky.
Dear devotees, after some practice in this way, Enquiry awakens a current of awareness, a consciousness of 'I' in the Heart, and this is not the ego-sense but a feeling of the essential 'I', which is none other than the All-pervading Self or God Himself who remains unaffected by passage of thoughts, good or ill fortune or whatever comes in and goes away. This current of awareness, once apprehended, even vaguely, must be developed by constant effort until it becomes more and more frequent and finally a constant undertone to all the activities of life, much like the primary, shruti note in a musical performance, which plays constantly while other notes may rise and fall.
Therefore, one should first awaken the awareness of the Self or the Heart, even by beginning occasionally and imperfectly, but increasingly more constantly and powerfully, and ultimately being the Self. Knowing or realizing the Self is being the Self that we always are.  Yes, apprehending it even vaguely helps the extinction of the ego and discovery of the Swarupa or the Self.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:52:42 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: March 25, 2016, 07:30:19 AM »
Sri Arthur Osborne:
Since Bhagwan spoke always of Knowledge and Self-enquiry when asked about the Goal or the way, few except those who approached Him personally realized what a powerful support devotion was in His Teaching. Knowledge in the ordinary sense of a link between knower and known is not Knowledge as He meant it. That Knowledge is being the self-effulgent Self. And the approach to it is through love as well as Self-enquiry. Self-enquiry is the mind's attempt to turn inwards, and it is love that draws it inwards. Knowledge of one by another and love for one by another are alike incomplete, but in their perfection Love and Knowledge are the same. Love for Bhagwan and Self-enquiry are the two ropes pulling the mind of His devotee back towards the Self.
From Sri Osborne's Editorials in the Mountain Path

Dear Devotees,

Yes, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that love for Him in the devotees' hearts is indeed a very powerful support on the path of Vichara. If a devotee accepts Him as the Supreme Self and oneself as the seeming ego-self or the individual self, and enquires who he is, or surrenders completely that seeming-self at His Lotus Feet, which is 'I-I',  He draws the mind from within and, and once at the Core, anchors it to the Self. Sri Bhagwan has taught that the removal of this sense of duality is removal of ignorance. Then only one realizes that the Guru is not different from himself. Then only one realizes that one is not the body, nor is the Guru.  One is the Self and so is the Guru. This, in my view, is alone the real consummation of Love in which all difference between and Lover and Beloved is obliterated, and what remains is Pure Love which is the Self or God.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:32:15 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: March 25, 2016, 07:35:32 AM »
"Today, we find people who have never seen Bhagwan in His physical form, never heard His voice or listened to His upadesa, sitting in the Old Hall or the the Samadhi Hall, oblivious of themselves, often shedding tears, and going round the hall as if impelled by some unseen force. What gives these people their experiences? As Bhagwan always said to His devotees, "Is this body, Bhagwan? No it is not." When somebody expressed sadness at having to go back home from the Ashram, Bhagwan said, "What am I to do? You say that this body is Bhagwan. I say that it is not. Now, if you insist, what am I to do?" He would, referring to the devotee who is reluctant to return home, "Look, He says he is going to a place where I am not.""

"Yes, Bhagwan has given many indication of His Ever-present, All-pervasive continued Grace. Those who seek it humbly, surrendering to Him, receive the radiation and powerful spiritual help that Bhagwan accords them. To be recipient of His blessings is itself a stirring experience, an assured spiritual fortune in the elevation of the soul. We have to pray Arunachala-Ramana to be with us everywhere and all the time so that, wherever we are, Arunachala-Ramana is with us in our Heart, and we are ever 'At Home' with Bhagwan. His beloved devotees do not need anything more than what Bhagwan Arunachala-Ramana has graced with His loving and blessings."
Source: Worshipping the Divine Oneness of arunachala-Ramana         
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:38:22 AM by eranilkumarsinha »