Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 772074 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #4470 on: November 29, 2015, 06:58:32 AM »
Quote from Sri Hillablaze:
"Like many of you, I have been practising Self-Enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagavan. I normally do it once or occasionally 2 times per day (siting down with eyes closed). However, I am not very successful in integrating the practice into my daily life. Examples: while eating, gardening, working in my office or taking walks. I find that I could not really dive deep unless I sit with eyes closed. However I feel, sitting once or twice a day is insufficient for a breakthrough."

Quote from Sri shiba:
"If you can practice more, you have only to practice more . Isn't it easy solution?"

Dear Sri Hillablaze,

You have said in your post that you have been practicing Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan. This means that you also are seized with divine fervour to find the source of the expression 'I'. So why worry? You are not alone now! Sri Bhagwna's Assurance TOO is there that  you are not alone in this great enseavour, but His Munificent Grace is there too. We must first be aware that when His Grace has brought us all to His Lotus Feet, He will certainly ensure that we succeed in the most worthy attainment and achieve success in Self-enquiry. We must have this strong conviction without doubt.

Dear friend, Sri Hillablaze, I whole-heartedly agree with what Sri shiba has said.

"Practice is very important."
"Practice, practice, practice more."

There cannot be two opinions on this. Self-enquiry, as taught by Sri Bhagwan, is its own guide. Path is lighted, and one goes on receiving intuition and light which, without fail, decimates all the doubt and confusion on the way. Such is the path, and such is the experience of almost everyone who have have been brought to His Lotus Feet and who practiced Enquiry earnestly, sincerely, and with Faith in the Guru.     

Dear Sri Hillablaze, Sri Bhagwan has taught differently to different devotees. When Sri Shantamma complained that her working all the time in the kitchen deprived her of doing meditation in the Presence of Sri Bhagwan, Sri Bhagwan replied thus: "Let the hands and legs do the work and the mind be emerged in meditation."

However, to many devotees, such as, Sri Muruganar, Sri Narsimha Swami, Sri Chadwick, Sri Annamalai Swami, and many others, He directed them to dedicate themselves totally to the practice of turning inward and doing Self-enquiry.

Therefore, the apparent contradiction explicit in above two circumstances makes one face the fact that one has no choice with regard to body's circumstances. However, one should discern that one has the inherent freedom to meditate, all through, under all conditions. 

Thus, if we practice more, only then dawns the implication of the Guru's Saying that there is no contradiction between work and wisdom.

Who works? Who meditates? It is myself. I am working. I am meditating . Remove work, meditation, contemplation and what remains?  I AM. I we keep on focusing on to ourselves, and simply remain aware, all work destined to be performed by this body-mind will be done any way. Sri Bhagwan has taught that discrimination in action then will be automatic and intuitive. Has He not? 

Why fear or worry, when 'I AM' is now and here? We need to realise this through Enquiry, and be free. That's all we need to do. Why care anxiously and wait for the breakthrough?   We are always That.

Dear Hillablaze, I shall continue my response in my next two posts or so.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:04:28 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: November 29, 2015, 07:57:40 AM »
Dear Sri Hillablaze,

Sri Bhagwan has taught that the Self is all. Has He not? We are never apart from the Self. How can we? Neither the body nor the works are apart from the Self. None of them could be apart from the Self. The Self is universal, and therefore Sri Bhagwan has taught that all the destined actions will go on anyway whether we engage in them voluntarily or not. Work will go on automatically. SO,  ATTENDING  TO  THE  SELF  INCLUDES  ATTENDING  TO  THE  WORK.  The following conversation may help you discern and grasp what I mean to say:

D: The work may suffer if I attend to it.
Sri Bhagwan: Because you identify with the body, you consider that the work is done by you. But the body and its activities, including the work, are not apart from the Self. What does it matter whether you attend to the work or not? Suppose you walk from one place to another place. You do not attend every single step that you take. After a time, however, you find yourself at your destination. You notice how the work, i.e., walking, goes on without your attention to it.  Similarly it is with other kinds  of work.
D: Then it is like sleep walking.
Sri Bhagwan: Quite so.

Dear Sri Hillablaze, a sadhaka's sadhana lies within and not without. We are not the doers, and therefore, with more and more practice, we must reach, through Enquiry, the understanding that ACTION  AND  ACTIONLESSNESS  ARE  NOT   INCOMPATIBLE  TO  EACH  OTHER.

Besides,  Sri Bhagwan has taught the solitude is the function of the mind.We may be in thick of activities in the world, yet we may maintain the serenity iof the mind. Such a one is in solitude. A man attached to desire cannot get solitude wherever he may be; a detached man is always in solitude.

Solitude therefore is in the mind of a man and thus Sri Bhagwan has unequivocally taught that we  might be engaged in work and yet be free from desire and keep up solitude.

Not only this, Sri Bhagwan has taught that the work performed with attachment is a shackle, whereas work performed with detachment does not affect the doer. HE   IS,  EVEN  WHILE  WORKING,  IS  IN  SOLITUDE.

And last but not the least: IT  IS  INDEED  MERE  THOUGHT  WHICH  BUILDS  UP  SHEATHS  IN  SO  MANY  WAYS. We need to be free from the shackle of thoughts and from the mind's tyranny.       

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:00:40 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: November 29, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
Quote from Sri Hillablaze:
"Unfortunately for many of us who have family commitment and are working full time, it is difficult to practise more...and I agree if we just limit practice to 1-2 times a day "breakthrough" will take a long long time."

Dear Sri Hillablaze,

I have discerned that most of us who were drawn to His Lotus Feet and to His Path of Vichara, before or post Mahanirvana, are householders. Sri Bhagwan has taught that one who has renounced but, nevertheless, thinks that he is a sanyasi, such a one is not a sanyasi. On the other hand if one is a householder, has family commitment  and works full time to maintain it, yet does not feel that one is a householder, and maintains serenity of the mind in the thick of activities, such a one is certainly a true sanyasi.

Therefore, one should never, never think that one is unfortunate simply because one is a householder and has to maintain a family.

Who are we? We include three aspects of life, namely, sleep, waking and dream states. Do we not? You are not aware of your family, and your ties with it, in sleep. You are aware of them in the waking state and are worried that you are not able to practice Self-enquiry always, as Sri Bhagwan has enjoined. But you are the same person throughout. 

Therefore, ask: Who am I?.
Is 'I' in the family or family is in 'I?' Are you in the family or family is in you?

My dear friend, Sri Hillablaze, the members of our family do not bind us. WE  MUST  UNDERSTAND  THAT  IN  FACT  IT  IS  WE  WHO  BIND  OURSELVES  TO  THEM. Isn't it? It is mere thought to consider them as our family and feel that one is bound or unable to practice one's sadhana.

Sri Bhagwan has clearly taught that because one thinks that so and so is one's wife, so and so are one's children, and therefore, also thinks that one is bound to them.

The thoughts are ours. They owe their very existence to us. Do they not?  IT  IS  THEREFORE  UP  TO  US  WHETHER  WE  RELINQUISH   OR  ENTERTAIN  THEM. Sri Bhagwan has driven home that the former is release and the later is bondage.  Pathless Path to attain release and Peace is the Profound Enquiry. Perseverance is the Key.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:27:05 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: November 29, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »
Hillablaze,

I normally do it once or occasionally 2 times per day (siting down with eyes closed). However, I am not very successful in integrating the practice into my daily life. Examples: while eating, gardening, working in my office or taking walks. I find that I could not really dive deep unless I sit with eyes closed. However I feel, sitting once or twice a day is insufficient for a breakthrough.

Shiba and anil have responded well.The key thing is the value and priority we set for Self or God.When there is this supreme Love for God or Self,other things become subservient to this.Herein lies the key to integrate other aspects of life into sadhana.

This is how Sri Ramakrishna puts it:
"Do all your duties, but keep your mind on God. Live with all - with wife and children, father and mother - and serve them. Treat them as if they were very dear to you, but know in your heart of hearts that they do not belong to you.
A maidservant in the house of a rich man performs all the household duties, but her thoughts are fixed on her own home in her native village. She brings up her Master's children as if they were her own. She even speaks of them as 'my Rama' or 'my Hari'. But in her own mind she knows very well that they do not belong to her at all."

Again,the Master talks about Yearning:
Nothing whatsoever is achieved in spiritual life without yearning. By constant living in the company of holy men, the soul becomes restless for God. This yearning is like the state of mind of a man who has someone ill in the family. His mind is in a state of perpetual restlessness, thinking how the sick person may be cured. Or again, one should feel a yearning for God like the yearning of a man who has lost his job and is wandering from one office to another in search of work. If he is rejected at a certain place which has no vacancy, he goes there again the next day and inquires, 'Is there an vacancy today?'
"There is another way: earnestly praying to God. God is our very own. We should say to Him: 'O God, what is Thy nature? Reveal Thyself to me. Thou must show Thyself to me; for why else hast Thou created me?'

The power of Prayer is tremendous and this is something that ought not to be ignored.Through sincere yearning for even half a minute,the entire hours of the day are imbued by its fragrance.This is the key.This is the significance in the story of Narada and the Farmer:
ONCE upon a time conceit entered into the heart of Narada, and he thought there was no greater devotee than himself. Reading his heart, the Lord said: "Narada, go to such and such a place. A great devotee of mine is living there. Cultivate his acquaintance; for he is truly devoted to Me."
Narada went there and found an agriculturist who rose early in the morning, pronounced the name of Hari (God) only once and, taking his plough, went out and tilled the ground all day long. At night he went to bed after pronouncing the name of Hari once more. Narada said to himself:"How can this rustic be a lover of God? I see him busily engaged in wordly duties, and he has no signs of a pious man about him." Then Narada went back to the Lord and spoke what he thought of his new acquaintance. Thereupon the Lord said: "Narada, take this cup of oil and go round this city and come back with it. But take care that you do not spill even a single drop of it." Narada did as he was told, and on his return the Lord asked him, "Well, Narada, how many times did you remember Me in the course of your walk round the city?" "Not once, my Lord," said Narada, "and how could I, when I had to watch this cup brimming over with oil?" The Lord then said: "This one cup of oil did so divert your attention that even you did forget Me altogether. But look at that rustic, who, though carrying the heavy burden of a family, still remembers Me twice every day."

So friend,if we wholeheartedly put to use the few seconds at our disposal,the perspective would change-Then,we would maintain the right attitude while carrying on with the affairs of the world.This very continuous presence will grow deeper and deeper and carry us onward.
Namaskar

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: November 29, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:
"The key thing is the value and priority we set for Self or God. When there is this supreme Love for God or Self, other things become subservient to this. Herein lies the key to integrate other aspects of life into sadhana."

"This very continuous presence will grow deeper and deeper and carry us onward."

Dear Sri Ravi,

You have said it very beautifully and wonderfully indeed! It is perfectly in line with Sri Bhagwan's Teaching itself. Sri Bhagwan has taught that one must love the Self, if one's Goal is to merge into, and remain as the Self. If we have love in the heart, Self-attention and Self-abidance will certainly come rather easily. However, we can set utmost priority for the Self only if we have supreme love for the Self or God. But Self or God is Love, and everything is dear because of love for the Self only. Therefore, if we attend to the Self, we go on loving the Self more and more, being drawn to Love and devoured by the Love. 

Dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb, I love your beautiful understanding that when there is this supreme love for the Self or God, other things become subservient to this all-consuming  Love, and also your beautiful and wonderful insight that this continuous presence will grow deeper and deeper and carry forward to the Goal. Then, indeed, other aspects of life get integrated of their own accord, depending on love and priority we have for them, and in that order.

Thanks very much, bhai saheb.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:51:39 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: November 30, 2015, 06:03:46 AM »
Sri Arthur Osborne:

"If a man's work distracts him from sadhana, the cure is not to give it up but to ask himself CONSTANTLY  'Who am I?' 'Who is doing work?', until he acquires detachment towards his life just like the work of the bank cashier who receives and pays out lakhs of rupees efficiently and without emotion because he is not the owner and the sums do not affect him. It means playing one's part in life with the same consciousness and indifference to the outcome as the actor who knows that he himself is not affected whether he has to play Caesar who is stabbed or Brutus who stabs."

Dear Sri Hillablaze and Devotees,

Enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is all-inclusive. There is no doubt whatsoever that the Enquiry itself is a complete sadhana, and if one constantly asks oneself 'Who Am I?' and begins to  see through the falsity of the ego-mind-body complex, one goes on acquiring all the necessary qualifications such as detachment, discrimination, etc, and if one perseveres, one is established in the state of effortless Self-attention, culminating  in Self-abidance or complete surrender (merging or effacement of the ego-mind). There is no doubt about that. 

Having said as above, I wish to convey and share my experience with all those who love Sri Bahgwan in the heart and performs constantly His Atma-vichara, that  along with the practice of the Direct Path, side by side, one should also think of the Guru. This helps one to gain in concentration, and attachments gradually drop off. In my view, one cannot and should not wait till all desires and attachments disappear to   start practice of the Self-enquiry.  I shall say only what I have done myself.  With love and devotion for the Guru in the heart and prayer on the lip, that is, whenever one is able to remember Him , one should constantly engage in the practice of the Self-enquiry, and go wherever He takes one to.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:06:54 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: November 30, 2015, 07:00:31 AM »
Anil,
Thanks for your kind words.Yes,they are the teachings of all the great ones as wonderfully stated in The Bhagavad Gita by Lord Sri Krishna:

ananyas cintayanto mam
ye janah paryupasate
tesam nityabhiyuktanam
yoga-ksemam vahamy aham
- Chapter 9,Verse 22.

To those men who worship Me alone.thinking of no other,who are ever devout,I provide them what they lack and preserve what they have.

Sri Ramakrishna says:
First God and then the world. If you know one you know all. If you put fifty zeros after a one, you have a large sum; but erase the one and nothing remains. It is the one
that makes the many. First one, then many. First God, then His creatures and the world

Sri Bhagavan says:
If you know the Self what else remains to be known.

As the Lord says in Chapter 4 verse 1 of the Gita:
imaḿ vivasvate yogaḿ
proktavān aham avyayam
vivasvān manave prāha
manur ikṣvākave ?bravīt

This imperishable yoga,I taught to Vivaswan;Vivaswan taught it to manu,Manu taught it to Ikshvaku.

Bhagavan is the timeless supreme Being-It is Bhagavan who manifested as all Teachers to teach this supreme Teaching.
Namaskar

Hillablaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: November 30, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »
OM NAMO BHAGAVATE SRI RAMANAYA

Dear Sri Anilji & Sri Raviji,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and for sharing from your heart -the deep understanding and experience borne of many years of sincere practice. You have indeed spent much effort and time elaborating on this very important subject and I'm certain many of the devotees have benefited from this sharing.
Thanks again.

_/\_ & pranams
_/\_

Obeisance to Bhagavan Sri Ramana

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: December 02, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
Quote:
"ananyas cintayanto mam
ye janah paryupasate
tesam nityabhiyuktanam
yoga-ksemam vahamy aham- Chapter 9,Verse 22.

To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, who are ever devout, I provide them what they lack and preserve what they have.

Sri Ramakrishna says:
 It is the one that makes the many. First one, then many. First God, then His creatures and the world.

Sri Bhagavan says:
If you know the Self what else remains to be known.

Bhagavan is the timeless supreme Being-It is Bhagavan who manifested as all Teachers to teach this supreme Teaching."

Dear Sri Ravi,

Thanks very much for a beautiful post. From the V.9--22 and the next Verse of the Srimad Bhagavad Gita, it is obvious that this Verse has been expounded in a purely bhakti sense, and therefore, the word 'ananyah' here means those who love Him and look upon Him who is the Supreme Being as their 'Own'. Such devotees do not have any extraneous or selfish interests in adoring and loving Him, for Love is the only Motive Power here.

But in my view, and in the view of many commentators also, the V. 9--22 has non-dualistic connotation also, and therefore, can be understood in Advaitic sense also. And in pure Advaitic sense, the word 'Ananyah' can mean those who do not think of Him as different from their own real Self, or who know, understand and experience Him, the Supreme Being, as their own Real Self.

Dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb, Sri Paramhamsa taught: First God, then His creatures and the world. Likewise, Sri Bhagwan taught: All proceed from Him, have their stay in Him, and finally resolve into Him. Therefore, He is not separate.

Yes, the Self alone is the Real Teacher. It is the Self who manifested as Sri Krishna, Sri Shankara, Sri Sirdi Baba, Sri Pramahamsa, Sri Bhagwan and other great, Sages, Gurus and Seers from time to time, as Saviours. Sri Bhagwan is said to have been very fond of Gita's Verse 10--20, and often cited it to drive home the truth that God is not separate from us or even the cosmos. The idea of separateness therefore must go, for once and all, for

The Self am I, O Lord of Sleep,
In every creature's heart enshrined.
The rise and noon of every form,
I am its final doom as well.
V. 10--20, Sri Mad Bhagavad Gita.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Ravi.
Pranam,
  Anil         
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:18:04 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
A certain lady was singing a devotional song. It said among other things:

"Thou art my father,
Thou art my mother,
Thou art my relations,
My possessions and all," and so on.

Sri Bhagwan remarked with a smile, "Yes, yes, Thou art this, that and everything except 'I'.  WHY  NOT  SAY  'I  AM  THOU'  AND  FINISH  IT?"
Talk--604
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:14:35 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: December 02, 2015, 03:19:28 PM »
Dear Sri Hillablaze,

Intellectual discussion is necessary so long as truth is not clear to the intellect. Sri Bhagwan has taught that inward seeking is the path to be gained by man's intellect. When the matter is understood intellectually, this intellectual understanding is too remote, and is therefore not enough, for the intellect itself is enabled by the Self. Sri Bhagwan has taught that the intellect must annihilate itself before the goal is gained. So, once intellectually convinced, the earnest seeker then begins to apply it practically. One gradually learns to argue at every moment, "For whom are these thoughts? Why Am I not happy? Who am I?", and so on, until such a one is established in the conviction of the truth of one's own being, or the truth of one's Real Self, Which abides forever at the Core of one's very existence.

Dear friend, Sri Hillablaze, thus, when one is convinced of the truth of one's own Real Self within, by practice and more practice, as Sri Shiba said, other things lose their significance and importance in no time, and rather become subservient as Sri Ravi said. This question as to how other aspects of life can be integrated into sadhana will not arise then, for they take their rightful places of their own accord. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:30:30 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: December 03, 2015, 07:59:44 AM »
Dear Devotees,

The body and its functions are not 'I'. If we enquire and go deeper, it becomes evident that the mind and its functions are also not 'I'. Now, question is wherefrom thoughts arise and who is aware of them? Sri Bhagwan has taught that the existence of thoughts, their clear conceptions and their operations become evident only to the individual. Thus, Sri Bhagwan has taught that the individuality of the person is operative only as the perceiver of the existence of thoughts and of their sequence. This individuality alone is the ego, and people call this non-entity as 'I'. OUR  DUTY  IS  TO  FIND  THE  ENTITY  WHICH  IS  THE  SOURCE  OF  THE  EXPRESSION OF  THE  NON-ENTITY,  OR  THE  EGO-'I'.

We are the habitual thinkers. Are we not? This is why Sri Bhagwan taught that if we investigated through the Enquiry 'Who Am I?', thoughts, being non-entity, would surely cease, and the Self is revealed  AS  THE  INESCAPABLE   RESIDUE.

Dear devotees, we must understand that the 'I'-thought and other thoughts are transitory and are the sole cause of our limitation as the limited self.  It is ever-changing. But the real Self, or the Supreme Self, which is the Source of the limited self or the ego-I, is abiding eternally, or forever. This inescapable Self is the Self of all selves.

We can now perceive that changefulness is mere thought. So, only if we keep on seeing at all times as to whom these thoughts arise, and persevere in this practice diligently, then a times comes when we are able to transcend them and they subside. This is what Sri Bbhagwan, in my view, meant when He taught that tracing the source of the 'I'-thought, we can realise the perfect, unbroken, eternal and ever-abiding 'I-I'. 'I' is the name of the Self. Absolute Silence of Absolute Awareness is the Real 'I', It alone is that Which Is, It is the Swarupa or the Self! Why should and to whom It should say 'I' ? Everyone of us is experiencing It right here and now! We are merely pretending by way of thoughts that we are not! This is therefore only a matter of change of state. THE  SATE  IN  WHICH  THE  JIVA  BODHA  OR  THE  INDIVIDUAL  CONSCIOUSNESS  IS  GONE  IS  THE  STATE  OF  ABSOLUTE  AWARENESS.

Yes, this simple and direct Teaching is like nectar and tonic to those who love Sri Bhagwan and follow His Teaching. I wish to say that if we understand and assimilate the above, there should be no difficulty to grasp the essence of His Teaching:

He repeatedly said and taught:  ""You are the Self", nothing but the Self. How can you be anything else? There are not and cannot be two selves, one to know the other. Just be yourself."

Therefore, all we have to do is to start studying the so-called (false) subject who pretends to keep on studying and surveying objects during all waking hours, and manage to win the effortless state of Self-attention, by Enquiry.  His Grace, as promised and assured, is always there.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:05:38 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: December 03, 2015, 11:52:23 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

It has been raining heavily for more than twenty days now in Tamil Nadu and Chennai, and the forecast of the IMD says that it will continue to rain incessantly for next few days.  I have come to know that more than two hundred people have lost their lives and more than seventy five percent residents of the great city of Chennai are badly affected by the deluge caused by the untimely, ferocious, rainfall in Chennai. I have come to know that even Army and Air Force have been deployed for the purpose of rescue operations in the great city. We  have not heard anything from you so far, and hence this anxiety.

Dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb, I hope and pray that you with your family members, relatives and friends are alright. I also pray to Mother Nature to lessen and mitigate Her ferocity and shower Her Grace on the suffering humanity in Tamil Nadu in general and Chennai in particular.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:57:53 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: December 03, 2015, 12:55:30 PM »
Without doubt, O mighty-armed Hero,
The mind is restless, hard to curb.
Yet by constant effort, Partha,
Matched with detachment--curbed it is.
V. 6-35, Srimad Bhagavad Gita

By slow approaches let him come
To rest, with patient, rock-poised Will;
His mind at home in Self-hood pure,
Let him create no thought at all.
V. 6-25, Srimad Bhagavad Gita

Though over and over the fickle mind,
All restlessness, a-wandering goes,
Still over and over let him regain
Control, and poise it back in the Self.
V. 6-26, Srimad Bhagavad Gita 

Dear Devotees,

Certainly, it is harder to control the mind and keep it off the thoughts and interesting objects of the world, and therefore, some may say this is too hard.  But those who are drawn to His Lotus Fee irresistibly are also aware that if the direct path is a little steeper, the Blessing and Support of Sri Bhagwan's Presence  are also great.  Dear devotees, we must understand that Sri Bhagwan's Vichara is not a sadhana of the mind but of the heart. The mind may wander and argue, but the heart can perceive the truth of oneness.  We must hold grimly to it, with matched detachment, until the restless and a-wandering mind is subdued, and rest curbed, poised in the Self.  Yes, the Blessing and Support of His Presence are so great. Should we not avail the great opportunity, which has come our way, on account of good deeds that we must have performed in past lives ?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:58:43 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: December 05, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan has taught that devotion is nothing more than knowing oneself, or reflection on one's Self is called Bhakti. Therefore, it follows that Realisation of the Self is the one Goal of all. Is it not?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil