Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758891 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #4260 on: February 21, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
Dear Sri Hari,

Yes, thanks for whatever you have written in your post.  I do not have even the least wish to go through your post. I do not wish to say a single word to you nor  I want you to share a single word with me under this topic.  If I go through your post, I shall have to respond and thus give you an opportunity to abuse.  Therefore, why should I go through your post? Of all the members and so many visitors to this topic, you are the one with whom I never wanted to interact in the least. Remember, this topic is part of my sadhana, and I do not have any wish whatsoever to engage myself in any acrimonious exchange with you.  I am certain that so many visitors to this topic know better. If they find anything useful here they will visit, if not, they will not. In either case, I have remained unconcerned so far, and hope to do so even in the future.   Whether I continue to write under this topic or not, Sri Bhagwan alone knows. But one thing I know with complete certainty: I do not want to have any interaction with you in any way whatever in the future. Therefore, please be kind enough and spare me and this topic. I know you would not listen, in that case I will have to delete all your posts from this topic, for I do not want to have anything to do with you at any cost whatsoever. You may say what you like but elsewhere.  That is all. So, this must be the last interaction between two of us. However, whether I continue writing after this concerted, conspired attack  depends on Sri Bhagwan's Will, as I said before, for I myself have no axe to grind.

Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:57:36 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #4261 on: February 21, 2015, 09:50:15 PM »
Do not worry, Sri Anil you will never hear anything about me. Neither I will continue to be part of this hateful conversation, nor will I let you to offend me anymore, especially so aggressively and hatefully. If you wanna assure yourself that I would ever write in your topic, you can block me. Farewell.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: February 22, 2015, 07:47:03 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Do you think that my writing under this topic is fanatical like Islamic fundamentalists' poisonous literature? Well, of late, suddenly, so many adjectives, such as fanaticism, fundamentalism, hate, egoism, insulting, etc.,  have been attributed to me and this innocent and innocuous writing, in a prefabricated, pre-meditated and sustained manner. If you see last fifty posts under this topic even casually, you will understand what I mean. I am aware that whoever has  tried to extol the greatness of the direct path, tried to sincerely walk and share one's understanding and experiences on the path,  in this forum, a few members gradually always combined  in a petty conspiracy, and invariably targeted in such a sinister manner that ultimately such a one always had to  leave this forum.  I am also aware that most of the members and visitors to this topic are earnest seekers from all over the world doing silently the sadhana of the Atma-vichara, and they do not like to share their understanding and experiences in a open forum like this for this very reason that they may be targeted by people who have agenda of their own to execute. A few like me, however, are destined to write, express and share their understanding, insights and experiences and thus exhaust their remaining karmas.  I know that there have always been a few who though pretend to have arrived but are not sincerely interested in Sri Bhagwan's Teaching and  approach only to wean away those who are attracted to the Teaching. All this can be clearly discerned without doubt if only you go through even casually last fifty posts under this topic. But at the same time, I am also cent percent convinced that their design didn't succeed in the past, nor it will succeed in future.   

No, Sri Bhagwan's devotees who have been drawn to His Lotus Feet, and practice in all sincerity and earnestness with profound Faith in Him cannot nurturue in herats such negative qualities as have been attributed. Those who heap such attributes on the innocents ones  themselves possess these negatives attributes which they superimpose on the sincere ones. There is no doubt about that, for these are the very attributes which Vichara brings out from the deepest recess of hearts only to be destroyed by the searchlight of the Enquiry.
Therefore, I refuse to accept the attributes which were superimposed in a pre-meditated conspiracy by a few members who joined hands to malign and silence me so that they may grind their axe unobstructed and thus execute their secret agenda. 

Dear devotees, when I am prompted to write something and express myself from within, I manage somehow, with some difficulty, daily some free time in which I seek to share my understanding and experiences with you. Nothing can shake our trust, and the tactics they have resorted to can never malign me. Yes, now I do not wish to interact with certain members here, but this is certainly not egoistical and due to feeling of hate as has been deliberately made out to be, to malign me, but because I wish to avoid such unpleasant situation in the future, and not to swerve away from the focus.  So long as I remain focussed and one-pointed, I do not care what those who are not attracted to Vichara and do not practice it, and are here with the only mission to wean some of us away from the Vichara, are doing and saying, for I am certain they will never succeed in their sabotage-mission.  By attempting to malign me and sabotage my dwelling on Vichara, they have not harmed me or you, but only themselves.

Lastly, I wish to convey that nothing can prevent me from expressing and affirming myself. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:53:05 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:27 AM »
                   WHO  AM  I?

Adam heard his heart, the Sage ask "why"
Speaking from silence, his voiceso soft and clear,
"Ask yourself the greatest question 'who am I?'
You aren't just a body, insentient thing of fear,
But Divine, a holy spark of sacred fire!
Quest within, search for that hidden flame,
Dive deep inside your Heart, enquire!
Until you find that One without a name!"

Adam felt free, his soul had found release,
Joyful calm, and ease enwrapped his heart,
He now felt One, at home in perfect peace,
Losing the past, to carve a fresh new start.
My the message of his dream, our hope renew,
Go seek your Self within! Know 'That' is true!
Sri Alan Jacobs

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan's Message to mankind is inescapable: To know 'That', the Atma-swarupa, the Real 'I' who abides without a second, dive deep within your Heart, enquire, go seek your Self within!
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:25:34 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: February 22, 2015, 08:35:31 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

I didn't ask, didnt request you to remove your post from this topic. However, if you have done that of your own accord, I have nothing to complain, nothing to say.

Thanks very much, bhai saheb.
Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: February 22, 2015, 09:04:33 AM »
Dear devotees, since  my writing, views and understanding on Sri Bhagwan's Atmka-vichara  have appeared fanatical and fundamentalism, to our dear friends, Sri Nagara ji as well as Sri Hari, I do not feel it will be proper to continue interacting with them, and therefore, I will  request them to kindly withdraw all their posts from this topic, if they can. I am asking this not out of any animosity, but with love.  Pranam. Anil
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:07:52 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: February 22, 2015, 09:44:24 AM »
Anil bhai,
I have been thinking of continuing the tiruppavai thread for sometime and we are there at a key and central verse 15.There too is a friendly banter between devotees and set aright immediately by the girl who is joining the satsangh. Tiruppavai is a wonderful string of verses and we can only marvel at the step by step manner in which Lady andal guides the seekers,emphasizing and laying the fundamentals of spiritual living.

I have removed some posts/discussions as they have not yielded the desired result ,have not been helpful and have only served to sow seeds of doubt and dissension .I have left behind a few posts that may be of use in a general way.

Please continue to share whatever appeals to you and is central to your sadhana.

Namaskar

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: February 22, 2015, 10:42:18 AM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

Yes, I knew with certainty that you would not do it, I know you will keep visiting this topic and keep on coining words like  'fanatical', 'teenage aggression etc, only to seek to provoke to show that my ego has fattened rather than diminished by the Enquiry.  But I do not wish to go along with you in this tirade. 
Well, I know what I am doing and do not require your counselling  at all as to what should I do and what I should not do.  However, right now I have quelled my thoughts about you and have nothing against you or anybody, and am trying to remain focussed in sadhana rather than allowing others to draw and engage me in needless, diabolic exchange with anyone in this forum . But since you have attempted to counsel me, I would say to you that  it is you who should look within and  introspect your own behaviour before  seeking to counsel and teach others and find fault in others' behaviour. No, I do not require your counsel, and request you profoundly to kindly spare me and leave me alone. I simply do not want any exchange with you.  No, I do not accept any of your  views, nor I ever asked for them, then why do you keep coming to orchestrate such undesirable exchanges? This is beyond my understanding.

Yes, I shall request the Hon'able Administrator to kindly delete your every post from this topic in due course, or request him to allow me to facilitate this.   So, please stop, I do not want to talk to you or read your post at all, and share a single word with you whatever. However, you may abuse me elsewhere to your heart's contentment.   I am what I am, but please do not talk to me.  That is all I want . I shall never, never, even in my dream, would like to have anything to do with you.  Therefore, please stop and go away from this topic for good. 

Pranam,
  Anil 

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:45:40 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: February 22, 2015, 02:06:07 PM »
Dear Devotees,

I am cent percent certain which must now  have become obvious to one and all that this diatribe is on account of the discomfiture  that this topic is creating for those who have secret agenda to execute.  They do not like me to pointedly discuss Vichara, which to me is basically an advaitic sadhana, and share our experiences with those  who likewise practice it . The concerted attack has however not been able to deter me from expressing and affirming myself . Hence this frustration and lastly resorting to abuses ! For question is who is uncomfortable with this topic and why? What I have written is contained in a single topic. Please see and point out to me what have I said which have not already been said by Sri Bhagwan Himself or His great, old devotees who moved intimately with Him.  The great Poet Sri Muruganar sang that he had been blinded by the dazzling sun of Grace and couldnot see anything else.  I have also been blinded and cannot see anything other than 'He' as the Self in the Heart. If I swerve, His Vichara comes to rescue and restores the 'Darshan of the Self', which in truth is the Presence or my own Fullness of Being.

Dear devotees, as I have said before that though dualistic spiritual practices have their place under the firmament, and are valid spiritual practices which can be pursued beneficially, I am really sorry, I do not have patience to discuss these so called dualistic practices under this topic, and why should I? They started so many topics, why don't they discuss these things there?  Why do they come to the topic which has been named 'Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough', which originally was declared by Sri Muruganar himself.  It  is  obvious  to  me  now  that  a few have combined to undermine my sadhana and somehow manage to stop me from writing the way I had been doing so far, so that they are able to push through their secret agenda. This has been done before here, and again a sinister tactic has been set into motion very deliberately for the same end. But such tactics have failed in the past, and I am sure will also fail in the future.  THIS  IS  BECAUSE  I  FEEL  DEEPLY  AND  PROFOUNDLY  THAT  INDEED  TIME  HAS  COME  FOR  SRI  BHAGWAN'S  VICHARA, which is increasingly been seen all over the world, irrespective of nationalities, transcending creed and religion,  as the panacea to cure all the ills of the troubled world.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:59:26 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: February 22, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »
Sri Muruganar: This world, a vast and harmful illusion that hoodwinks and ravages the intellect of all, has arisen through nothing other than the mistake of pramada, which is abandoning one's true nature instead of remaining merged with it.

Sri Bhagwan: Through forgetfulness the villainous mind will throw away the Self, that which is, and will get agitated.
In the state in which one has known the truth without any pramada, all names and form are Brahman.
The reason why the state of Brahman has become different from you is nothing other than your deceitful forgetfulness of the Self.

Dear devotees, how this deceitful forgetfulness of the Self will come to an end? Sri Bhagwan taught Self-remembrance or Swarupa-smaranai or Atma-smaranai, to end the forgetfulness of the Self, and to merge into and to remain as the Self. Therefore, what is wrong if one is seeking to do away with this forgetfulness of the Atma-swarupa, for good, by uninterrupted  Swarupa-smaranai or Self-remembrance, as taught by Sri Bhagwan Himself?
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: February 22, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
Dear devotees, what follows are two excerpts from a book titled 'Ramana Maharshi, The Crown Jewel of Advaita':

Sri John Grimes: Ramana Maharshi has often been praised as one of the greatest embodiments of Advaita Vedanta, as great as the greatest of that illustrious group. Such a wonder the world seldom sees. An Advaitin's Advaitin if you will. Frequently He is described as an 'incarnation of Advaita'. The description is an intriguing  philosophical oxymoron as the truth of Advaita boldly declares that no one has ever been born, lived, or died, and yet it is without doubt an astonishingly powerful image in conveying the profound affinity that exists between the teachings of Advaita and Sri Ramana. As  one passes the philosophically relevant portions of Sri Ramana's teachings through the lens of Advaita, they will be seen to be in perfect accordance with the philosophy of Advaita. What is all the more astonishing is that Sri Ramana's teachings emerged spontaneously as the fruit of His great awakening and only subsequently, almost by accident, did He learn of the ancient teachings.

Sri Grimes continues:
The central teaching around which all of Sri Ramana's teachings are centred is: "In the centre of the heart-cave the pure Brahman alone shines directly in the form of the Self, as 'I-I'. Abide in the Self." Anything He said, He said not with an interest in building a system of thought, but as a spontaneous revelation of the Self. His sole function was in revealing the Self. Everyone  and everything is a manifestation of the Self and, if one wants to attribute a purpose to Sri Ramana's teachings, it was in showing the direction in which everyone is this truth. 

Dear devotees,  this is what I grasped long ago, that the divine purpose of Sri Bhagwan's Advent is to reveal the Self, and bestow 'Darshan of the Swarupa',  and show one and all that everyone and everything is the manifestation of our own Self. And by revealing the Self-enquiry in its new Avatar, He showed the Direction which  can lead everyone to the realisation of this truth. 

Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:53:10 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
Quote:
"emphasizing and laying the fundamentals of spiritual living."

Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji, yes, I follow sincerely and earnestly your Tirupavai thread whenever you are at it. Yes, indeed, fundamentals of spiritual  living are fundamental to any spiritual sahdhana, be it Enquiry, yoga or Bhakti. If one does not assimilate these prerequisites, and adhere to them in thoughts, words and actions, it will be difficult for such a one to progress through any sadhana whatsoever. Wishful violation of these fundamentals can never be the hallmark of a sincere and earnest devotee.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb.
Pranam,
  Anil 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: February 22, 2015, 04:36:08 PM »
Anil,
Thanks Anil bhai.Tiruppavai is very dear to me and this is a gift bestowed by master TGN who unravelled its hidden treasures for me.The spirit of satsangha and comraderie therein is something quite unique and rubs in on all those who take part in the 'pAvai Nonbu' ,basking in the company of these  girl children devotees of the Lord ,so wonderfully held together by guru AndAl-the Lady who wore the garland that the Lord yearned to wear.
I have been thinking of continuing it off and on-yet it requires 24 hour immersion  in its essence-a time that I am unable to find now.When our guru blesses us we may embark on it again.This sharing is more to treat oneself in the rich fare and also to enjoy in distributing to others in the process.

Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:19 AM »
SELF-REALISATION

D: How can I attain Self-realization?
M: Realization is nothing to be gained afresh, it is already there. All that is necessary is to get rid of the thought ?I have not realised?. Stillness or peace is Realization. There is no moment
when the Self is not. So long as there is doubt or the feeling of non-realization, the attempt should be made to rid oneself of these thoughts. They are due to the identification of the Self with the not-Self. When the not-Self disappears, the Self alone remains. To make room, it is enough that the cramping be removed; room is not brought in from elsewhere.
D: Since Realization is not possible without vasanakshaya, how am I to realise that State in which the vasanas are effectively destroyed?
M: You are in that State now!
D: Does it mean that by holding on to the Self, the vasanas should be destroyed as and when they emerge?
M: They will themselves be destroyed if you remain as you are.
D: How shall I reach the Self?
M: There is no reaching the Self. If Self were to be reached, it would mean that the Self is not here and now but that it is yet to be obtained. What is got afresh will also be lost. So it will be impermanent. What is not permanent is not worth striving for. So I say the Self is not reached. You are the Self; you are already That. The fact is, you are ignorant of your blissful state.
Ignorance supervenes and draws a veil over the pure Self which is Bliss. Attempts are directed only to remove this veil of ignorance which is merely wrong knowledge. The wrong knowledge is the false identification of the Self with the body, mind etc. This False identification must go, and then the Self alone remains.
Therefore Realization is for everyone; Realization makes no difference between the aspirants. This very doubt, whether you can realise, and the notion ?Ihave- not-realised? are themselves the obstacles. Be free from these obstacles also.

Maharshi's Gospel

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: February 28, 2015, 11:04:18 AM »
Sri Bhagwan:

The granting of being-consciousness  by Him (Jnana Guru-anil) is initiation into jnana. THE  GRACE  OF  THE  GURU  IS  ONLY  THIS  SELF-AWARENESS  THAT  IS  ONE'S  OWN  TRUE  NATURE.  It is the unceasing revealing His existence.  This divine upadesa is always going on naturally in everyone.  As this upadesa  alone is what reveals the natural attainment of the Self through one's own experience, the mature ones need at no time seek the help of  external beings for jnana updesa.  The upadesa obtained from outsiders in forms such as sounds, gestures and thoughts are all only mental concepts. Sincew the meaning of the word upadesa (upa+desa) is only  'abiding in the Self' or 'abiding as the Self', and since this is one's own real nature, so long as one is seeking the Self from outside, Self-realisation cannot be attained. SINCE  YOU  ARE  YOURSELF  THE  REALITY  THAT  IS  SHINING  IN  THE  HEART  AS  BEING-CONSCIOUSNESS,  ABIDE  ALWAYS  AS  A  STHIT PRAJNA (ONE WHO IS ESTABLISHED IN WISDOM) HAVING  THUS  REALISED  YOUR  OWN  TRUE  NATURE.  The firm abidance in the experience of the Self is described in Upanishads by such terms as 'the import of the  mahavakya' , 'Supreme silence', 'Being still',  'quiescence of mind', and 'Realisation of one's true nature'.

Dear devotees,   the  Grace of the Guru is the Grant of Being-Consciousness.  Sadhu Sri Ntanana nanda has written that that though  as an exception Sri Bhagwan once imparted a mantra (Always keep meditating  "Shiva, Shiva" and not to forget that even in  dream),  to a harijan devotee who used to have His Darshan from a distance,  the above  (quote) was the normal method most of the time by Sri Bhagwan for bestowing Grace. 
Dear devotees, I feel deeply that Sri Bhagwan now disembodied, and abiding in the hearts of His devotees ' as one's very  Self',  is initiating them into Jnana  by  that very  grant of the being-consciousness, which was His normal methods when embodied, to initiate His devotees into Vichara.   
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:12:10 AM by eranilkumarsinha »