Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 755839 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3945 on: November 06, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »
Great Sage Sri Vasishta:

Dispassion:
5. The great remedy for the long-lasting disease of samsara is the enquiry, 'Who am I?, to whom does this samsara belong?', which entirely cures it.

Dissolution of the Mind
21. Association with the wise, abandonment of latent impressions, self-enquiry, control of breathing--these are the means of conquering the mind.

The Destruction of Latent Impressions
1. O Rama, this enquiry into the Self of the nature of 'Who am I?' is the fire which burns up the seeds of the evil tree which is the mind.

2. Just as the wind does not affect the creepers in a picture, so also afflictions do not affect one whose understanding is fortified by firmness and always reflected in the MIRROR  OF  ENQUIRY.

3. The knowers of truth declare that enquiry into the truth of the Self is knowledge. What is to be known is contained in it like sweetness in milk.

4. To one who has realised the Self by enquiry Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are objects of compassion.

5. To one who is fond of enquiring constantly, 'What is this vast universe?' and 'Who am I?' this world becomes quite unreal.

Nirvana
1. Supreme Bliss cannot be experienced through contact of the senses with their objects. The supreme state is that in which the mind is annihilated through one-pointed enquiry.

Source: Yoga Vasishta Sara   

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:30:48 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: November 06, 2014, 06:06:12 PM »
                           IN  BRIEF

You are body, mind and consciousness --nothing more and nothing less.
Body + mind = space and time = ego (illusion).
Consciousness = no space and Now = Self (God).
How to realize the Self?
Don't try, you can't. It is already realized.
How to get rid of ego?
Don't try, you can't. It isn't here.
What then to do?
Just BE.
How?
Enquire,  "Who  Am  I?"
Hold Awareness. Be and don't let go. That's all.

By Sri G. N. Daley
Source: Mountain Path

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: November 07, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »
                                                The Nature of Desire

25. When by one's own inexpressible power one imaginarily sees the one real Self as many objects (the soul, world and God) and thinks oneself to be one among those objects, then one's own natural self-love, which transcends thought, will assume the form of a thought and will appear to oneself, the individual who imagines thus, as desires for those objects, which are seemingly other than oneself.

Note: What is called love is truly nothing but the non-dual love, which the real Self has for itself in the state in which it alone exists and shines. And what is called desire is nothing but the dual love, which springs towards other objects, which are truly not other than Self, in the state in which the one real Self seems to be many objects. Therefore, the only way to put an end to desire is for one, by means of one's own perfect freedom, to use one's own inexpressible power to see Self as one and not as many. In order to see Self thus as One, as it ever really is, one must cease attending to the many objects which seem to be other than oneself, and must instead attend only to the first person singular feeling 'I'. 

26. Of all things, is not oneself the most be-loved? When one limits oneself by imagining one-self to be a body, one sees all these things (the world and God), which are truly nothing but one's own Self, as objects other than oneself, and hence one has desire for those objects. That desire is only a distorted form of the true self-love that is one's own very nature.

27. The love, which one always has for oneself, is not a thought; that supreme love is one?s own real Self that is existence-consciousness-bliss. When a wrong knowledge rises in the form of a thought whereby one mistakenly sees the one Self as many objects which are seemingly other than oneself, even the true self-love will become a petty thought in the form of desire.

28. When self-love, which is not a thought, for-sakes its own real nature of mere being and springs towards other things in the form of desires, it be-comes ever-moving thoughts. When love remains as the thought-free love for Self instead of becoming thoughts in the form of desires for other things, that state of Self-abidance is true tapas (austerities or severe spiritual discipline).

29. This original love for Self, which has now become the three desires, will cease to assume the form of thoughts and will remain as supreme bliss only by means of Self-realization, the state in which one sees all the five elements and the entire world constituted by those elements, as not other than oneself.

Note: The three basic human desires are: (1) the desire for relationships, that is, the desire for relatives, wife, husband, children, friends or any kind of human relationship, whether sensual, emotional or otherwise; (2) the desire for possessions in any form whatsoever; and (3) the desire for praise, that is, the desire for fame, honor, esteem or any kind of appreciation from others.

30. The love for happiness is only the love for Self, because Self alone is happiness. But if one imagines that this world, which is nothing but Self, is something other than oneself, then on account of self-love the objects of the world will seem to be objects of pleasure, and hence the love for that Self, which appears as objects other than oneself, will assume the form of desire. This is the great wrong.

31. When the true knowledge dawns that everything is only 'I', then the extroverted love which desirously springs towards other objects, will remain pervading everywhere in the form of mere Being and will no longer spring towards anything else. The love that thus remains as mere Being, having ceased to move in the form of thoughts, alone is Siva, who is Self.

Source: The Essence of Spiritual Practice, Sadhanai Saram, Sri Sadhu Om
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:42:12 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: November 09, 2014, 09:57:27 AM »
Sage Sri Vasistha: O Rama, reach the vision which Prahlada had and engage yourself in ceaseless enquiry; you will reach the supreme state.

Sri Rama asked: Holy sir, you said that Prahlada attained enlightenment by the grace of Lord Vishnu. If everything is achieved by self-effort, why was he not able to attain enlightenment without Vishnu's grace.

Sri Vasistha replied: Surely, whatever Prahlada attained was through self-effort, O Rama, not otherwise. Vishnu is the self and the self is Vishnu; the distinction is verbal. At times one attains self-knowledge through self-enquiry undertaken through self-effort; at times this self-effort manifests as devotion to Vishnu who is also the self, and thus one attains enlighgtenment. Even if one worships Vishnu for a long time with great devotion, he does not bestow enlightenment on one who is not WISE  WITH  SELF-KNOWLEDGE.
Source: Yoga Vasistha

Dear Devotees,

Self-knowledge or Brahmavidya is the only science worth learning because it bestows knowledge of ourselves as opposed to other knowledge which invariably pertain to the world outside. The world and its myriad objects are mere thoughts. So, when we do away with all the illusion of the world and its objects, by ceaseless enquiry, awareness of one's being or existence alone remains. This alone is the truth of love because the Self, which is the only Truth, alone is love.
Dear devotees, I have always felt and even kept on saying that ceaseless and constant practice of Self-enquiry is the key to realise the True Swarupa. I reached the conviction long ago, through Sri Bhagwan's Grace which enabled me to be aware of Sri Bhagwan's Love in my heart and which inspired me to practice His Atma-vichara,  that we must shun, for once and all, dispute over paths, creeds, and faith,  and instead we should engage only in Enquiry with love, determination and perseverance, ceaselessly and constantly till the final Attainment, though it is no new attainment, but only removal of clouds (not-Self) which are obstructing the vision of the Sun of the Self or our Real Swarupa, at present, from time immemorial. Therefore, it is time, now in this birth, we must turn inward with full faith rather than arguing over this or that path. We must enquire and realise the Atma-swarupa, Real Me, and abide in clear Silence of the Self, which is Bliss Itself.

Dear devotees, if we engage in unceasing quest of 'Who am I?', it itself, in my view, is a clear and certain sign of His Grace showering. For, it certainly will penetrate to the Core of ourselves, of our being, and the ego takes eventually to flight. When Knowledge of real 'ourselves' begins to dawn, can mere thought of ourselves (I-thought) survive? WHEN  WE  BEGIN  TO  BE  SUBJECTIVELY  AWARE  OF   OURSELVES,  THROUGH  'WHO  AM  I?'  ENQUIRY,  ALL  OTHER  QUESTIONS  WILL SIMPLY  DISSOLVE, AND  DOUBTS  TOO. If that happens the final question 'Who am I?' alone will remain which will sure acts as a fusion bomb (at least thousand times more destructive than the fission bomb or atom bomb)which sure will obliterate the false show of separateness from the Self, for once and all!   

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:10:03 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: November 09, 2014, 10:23:31 AM »
      Who Am I

Am I just
A modification of earth.
Am I just
A lump of flesh and blood.
Am I just
One impaled on the arrow of time.
Am I just
One caught in the vortex of relationships.
Am I just
One hostage to the exigency of circumstances.
Am I just
One poised on the horns of thoughts and emotions.
Am I just
One condemned to reap the fruits of unknown deeds.
Am I just
A random collocation of inert matter and consciousness.
Am I just
One destined to not know answers to any of these questions.

D. Samarender Reddy, Mountain Path

Dear devotees, there is an urgent, dire, and imperative need to ponder and contemplate profoundly over the questions raised by the poet in the above poem. Isn't it? Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: November 09, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj: First you create a world, then the 'I am' becomes a person, who is not happy for various reasons. He goes out in search of happiness, meets a Guru who tells him: 'You are not a person, find who you are'. He does it and goes beyond.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: November 09, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
The basic mistake we all make is to take a body to be 'I'. This deeply entrenched feeling 'I am this body called so-and-so' is the root of all our trouble. If this tape-recorder is not working, we must attend to it and not to other things, because then only will we be able to repair it. Likewise, to rectify this mistaken identity, 'I am so-and-so', we must attend to it in order to know what it really is: what or who am I?

Only when we thus investigate ourself will the false adjunct 'so-and-so' drop off, and what will then remain is only the reality, 'I am'. 'I am so-and-so' is the naivedyam [the food to be offered to God], and when Bhagavan has consumed the adjunct 'so-and-so', what remains is only 'I am', which is his prasadam [the purified remnant of God's food, which is shared among devotees as a token of his grace].
Sri Sadhu Om

Dear devotees, How profoundly Sri Sadhu Om has shown above that if we surrender our ego, which is of the form 'I am so and so', as the naivedyam to our Guru, Bhagwan Sri Ramana, the adjunct 'so and so' is consumed by Him, and what remains is 'I AM, the purified remnant. This remnant 'I AM' alone is His true Guru-prasadam!
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:33:06 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »
Sadhu Om: Initiation is only necessary for students in the first or second standard [in the school of bhakti described in The Path of Sri Ramana], because they need to be taught rituals or mantras before they can start such practices. For students in the fourth standard no initiation is necessary, because the fact that they have been drawn to the sadguru indicates that they have already passed beyond such preliminary practices.

The guru works directly through the matured mind of an aspirant, using the aspirant's own discrimination to turn his attention towards self. If an aspirant does proper study (sravana) and reflection (manana) on the guru's words, he will clearly understand that self-attention is the only practice that is necessary, and that all other practices are superfluous. A true aspirant will understand that 'I am' is the guru. If the guru were merely a body, he would disappear as he appeared, and would therefore be useless. To search for a 'living' guru is absurd, because the 'living' guru will sooner or later become a dead guru. If an aspirant has understood the teachings of the guru correctly, he will no longer look for the guru outside, because he will have faith that the guru is ever present within himself as 'I am'.

Bhagavan used to say that the body of the guru is a veil covering him in the view of his devotees, because it conceals from them his true form as self. What advantage do devotees who were blessed to be in his physical presence have now? All they now have is a memory, which is no better than a dream. If they think proudly, 'I have seen Bhagavan', that is just another opportunity for their ego to rise. To have come to Bhagavan is a sign of our ignorance, but he removes that ignorance by enabling us to understand that his presence is not limited to any place here or there, because it alone exists. He does not allow us to cling to anything external, but makes us discriminate and understand that 'I am' alone is eternal, and that the guru therefore cannot be anything other than that. I am now so well soaked in Bhagavan's teachings, so firmly convinced by them, that I cannot take serious interest in any other guru or teaching. But this is not a fault, because such a strong conviction is necessary.

When Bhagavan was ill with cancer, I composed ten verses saying, 'If you can form even a single resolution (sankalpa), think of this helpless creature, who can do nothing for himself'  and so on. When he read those verses he smiled, and that smile showed me my foolishness. It said to me, 'If my thought, look or touch can help you, how much more so can my silence?' Thinking, looking and touching are actions that require a body, but his silence requires no physical presence. Silence is the most effective weapon, so to ask the guru to use any other means is like asking a general to use a crowbar to open a fortress, even though he is already bombarding it with cannons, bombs and all the most powerful weapons. We have Bhagavan's words, which are sufficient to turn our mind selfwards, and his silence is sufficient to do whatever else is required.

We must be content with our guru, because even on the spiritual path chastity (fidelity to one's own guru) is necessary. If we chase after other gurus, that is a sign of a wandering mind and lack of discrimination, which will only obstruct the work being done by his grace.

If we do proper reflection (manana) on Bhagavan's teachings, we will find no room for
discontent.

Dear Devotees,

Yes, fidelity to one's own Guru is necessary on the spiritual path, and I feel that practicing the Teaching as taught by Him, wholeheartedly, with love, is equally necessary, if  not more, if we really want to realise our Atma-swarupa, that is, our true Self,  or the true universal 'I'. How else His Grace will be vouchsafed?  Therefore, yes, certainly, chasing guru after guru is the ego's play to escape the searchlight of Investigation, and is indeed the sign of a wandering mind and lack of discrimination.

Pranam,
  Anil       

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:06:42 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: November 10, 2014, 04:15:43 PM »
Dear devotees, once an older devotee was asking Sri Bhagwan many questions about how to practise Atma-vichara.  So, Sri Natanananda, who was present at the time, said to him, "When the infinite self-shining 'I' is standing inside you like a rock, why do you have so many doubts?"

Yes, nobody can deny that. But, all the same,  to some it still appears elusive, and some feel that they are not made to practise the Direct Path, that is, Atma-vichara.  Anil

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:29:19 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: November 10, 2014, 04:53:10 PM »
Swami Sri Yogananda:"Why does God permit suffering in the world? Should He not with His omnipotence do away with it at one stroke and ordain the universal realisation of God?"

Sri Bhagavan replied: "Suffering is the way for Realisation of God."

Dear devotees, commenting upon the above conversation, Sri Alan Jacob has written in the Mountain Path thus:

"Nobility of soul and very many virtues are only born out of suffering. This samsara which is a time of purgation and purification uses suffering to bring its children back to true values rather than linger in the hedonism of a decadent and corrupt culture."

He went on to cite the great Urdu Poet Sri Hafiz as following:

"Never the greatest man that yet was born
Has plucked a rose so soft it has no thorn.
We live in a world based on the law of polar opposites,
Which we have to surmount."

Pranam,
 Anil
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:56:46 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: November 10, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »
Sri Bhagavan: Individuals have to suffer their karmas but Iswara
manages to make the best of their karmas for his purpose. God
manipulates the fruits of karma but he does not add or take away
from it. The subconscious of man is a warehouse of good and bad
karma. Iswara chooses from this warehouse what he sees will best suit
the spiritual evolution at the time of each man, whether pleasant or
painful. Thus there is nothing arbitrary.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: November 11, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
The seeker is he who is in search of himself.

Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?' After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The 'I am' is certain. The 'I am this' is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality.

To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not.
Discover all that you are not -- body, feelings thoughts, time, space, this or that -- nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive.

The clearer you understand on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realise that you are the limitless being.
Source: I Am That, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Dear devotees, it appears ironical, but the truth of everything spiritual is that we are indeed in search of ourselves only. We are essentially that through which all this is taking place. We are in truth Awareness Supreme, therefore, when we become aware of anything whatever, we essentially become aware of ourselves.  This is why the only fact we are always so sure of is 'I AM'. We can never say anything about any other thing with any amount of certainty. This is why we can never know a thing in 'itself'. We do not know even the true shape of anything, what is this talk of knowing a thing in 'itself'?. When a thing appears rectangular, it is so when looked at normally, perpendicular to the plane of its plan. When we look at it from a side or a corner, it will not appear rectangular but acquire some other shape. Therefore, it is always only 'ourself' seen through 'ourself'. If we get established in 'ourself', in that we call 'I', by Enquiry, there is no seeing, there is nothing to be seen in the first place, for there is only being in our Supreme, True State. HENCE  THE  GREAT  TEACHING  FROM  THE  VERY  BEGINNING, "JUST  BE"! HENCE THE NUDGING, "WHY  WASTE  TIME?"

Dear devotees, Dear Sri Rav Bhai Saheb posted a beautiful poem of Maharshi Sri Aurbindo titled 'Bliss of Identity',some time back. This poem is quite apt in the context of the above discussion, and therefore, I wish to post below as following:

Bliss of Identity

All Nature is taught in radiant ways to move,
All beings are in myself embraced.
O fiery boundless Heart of joy and love,
How art thou beating in a mortal's breast !

It is Thy rapture flaming through my nerves
And all my cells and atoms thrill with Thee ;
My body thy vessel is and only serves
As a living wine-cup of Thy ecstasy.

I am a centre of Thy golden light
And I its vast and vague circumference,
Thou art my soul great, luminous and white
And Thine my mind and will and glowing sense.
Thy spirit's infinite breath I feel in me;
My life is a throb of Thy eternity.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:33:00 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: November 11, 2014, 06:25:15 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Devotee Sri Krishnaprem had once a very enlightening conversation with Sri Bhagwan. Sri Kanakammal who was present in the Hall has reported about what Sri Bhagwan exactly told him, which is as follows:

Sri Krishnaprem: Is not the precept, Sarvam Vasudeva Mayam Jagat the most wonderful teaching of all time? It makes us think of everything in the universe as being a manifestation of the Divine Being, thus helping us to realise the omnipresent nature of God. Is that not wonderful?

Sri Bhagwan: Yes. There is no doubt about that! That is one of the basic tenets of the Vaishnava school, and all the great Vaishnava saints have preached it. But this can be carried a little further. You say, 'I perceive Vasudeva in everything', but have you found out who this 'I' is? Do all the creatures and objects in creation come to you and say 'I am Vasudeva'? No. You are the one who says so. Everything depends upon your personal perception. That is to say, you are the only independent force and everything else depends upon you. Moreover, when you say, 'Everything is Vasudeva', do you not include yourself? When you are prepared to accept that plants, animals, and even inanimate objects are Vasudeva, why can you not think of yourself as Vasudeva? When you learn to perceive the Lord within yourself, you too become Vasudeva. Do you understand? When the seer identifies himself with Vasudeva, the seen automatically becomes Vasudeva, too. This is what Sri Shankaracharya means when he says, 'Drishtim Jnanamayeem Krithva', (Seeing through Eyes of Knowledge).

Sri Kanakammal has written in her book 'Cherished Memories' that when Sri Krishnaprem heard this wonderful interpretation of Truth from Sri Bhagwan Himself, his eyes were filled with tears of joy and gratitude. He prostrated to Sri Bhagwan with the utmost love and reverence.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:28:26 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: November 12, 2014, 11:03:48 AM »
Sri Sadhu Om: When I first came to Bhagavan and heard him repeating constantly that everyone must eventually come to the path of self-enquiry, I wondered whether he was being partial to his own teaching, but I soon understood why he insisted that this is so. The final goal is only oneness, and to experience oneness our mind must subside, which will happen entirely only when we attend to nothing other than ourself.
So long as we attend to anything other than ourself, our mind cannot subside, because attention to other things sustains it, since that which experiences otherness is only this mind. When the mind subsides completely, only self-attention remains, and self-attention alone is the state of absolute oneness. Bhagavan used to repeat this teaching every day, maybe ten or twenty times, but still we didn't change. He didn't change his teaching either, because to him this truth was so clear.

Dear Devotees,

The reason behind this divine insistence is not difficult to discern. Sri Bhagwan sang about how He Himself resolved this question of "Who am I?, what is this 'I'?"  Is it the body.  Who called himself the 'I'?

"Enquiring within, 'Who is the seer?' When I watched within, I saw the seer disappearing and what survived him forever. No thought arose to say, 'I saw'. How then could the thought arise to say, 'I did not see'? Who has the power to explain all this in words, when even You, appearing as Dakshinamurti, conveyed this of yore in silence only? And in order to reveal by silence, Your state transcendent, now You stand here, a Hill resplendent, shining from heaven to earth."
Verse 2, Arunachala Ashtakam

Dear devotees, there is no doubt that both Sri Arunachala and Sri Bhagwan are the aspects of the One. To Know Sri Arunachala is to know Sri Bhagwan, and to know Sri Bhagwan is indeed 'to be' and thus know the Self. We must understand that the Power of Sri Bhagwan's Grace is the Power of Arunachala.

Sri Bhagwan's writing on the significance of the Beacon that is lit on Sri Arunachala's Summit every year on Deepam Day is of great importance to His devotees:

"Getting rid of the 'I am the body' idea and merging the mind into the Heart to realise the Self as non-dual being and the light of all is the real significance of darshan of the Beacon of Light on Annamalai, the Centre of the Universe."

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil             

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:16:34 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: November 12, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »
Dear Devotees,

A temple priest from Chidambaram wanted to take Sri Bhagwan to his native place, Chidambaram. He began to describe the greatness of Chidambaram, saying that it was the most sacred Shiva -kshetra in South India that so many saints and Sages had lived there and had sung in praise of Lord Nataraja, and so on and so forth. He went on to say:

The Priest from Chidambaram: Chidambaram is even greater than Arunachala, because among the Panchabhuta-lingams (the lingams representing the five elements) Chidambaram is the space-linngam while Arunachala is only the fire-lingam. Since the four elements, earth, water, air and fire, finally have to merge in space, space is the principal element.   

Hearing this, Sri Kanakammal has described, Sri Bhagwan smiled and said:
"All the five elements come into existence only when Shakti seemingly forsakes Her identity with Lord Shiva, the Supreme Self (Paramatman). Since the five elements are thus only the creations of Shakti, She is superior to all of them. Therefore, more important than the place where the elements merge, is the place where Shakti Herself merges. Because Shakti is dancing in Chidambaram, Lord Shiva has to dance before Her and thereby make Her become motionless. But in Arunachala Lord Shiva remains ever motionless (achala), and hence Shakti automatically and effortlessly merges in Him through great love. Therefore Arunachala shines as the foremost and most powerful shetra, because here Shakti, who has seemingly created all this manifold appearance merges into the Lord. So for those mature aspirants who seek to put an end to the false appearance of duality, the most powerful help is to be found only in Arunachal-kshetra."
Source: Cherished Memories

Dear devotees, though Sri Arunachala is generally regarded  as one of the five panchabhuta-lingams, that is, lingams made of the five elements-wind, water, earth, fire, ether, Sri Bhagwan has enlightened us that Sri Arunachala is truly not a lingam of ordinary fire. It is neither hot nor cold, but this is the Fire that burns or destroys the ego.  Aruna means Jnanagni or the Fire of Wisdom and Achala means the Immovable Hill. So, Sri Arunachala is the Hill of Wisdom. This is why Sri Bhagwan has revealed in His Hymns that people are not aware of the True Nature of Sri Arunachala as the Guru who silences the mind and helps in discovering Self-knowledge.

"The Hill of the 'Holy Beacon' which only waits to respond eagerly and tenderly to even the devotee's weakest yearning towards It."

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:16:39 PM by eranilkumarsinha »