Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758364 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3825 on: September 12, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »
Quote:
"I feel that one doing Atma-vichara need not be taught "not I Lord, but Thou only." I am cent percent certain that such a one will himself reach there of its own accord. He will see and be that unity himself. Only thing I do not practice that line, and there is no need for me to do so."

Dear Devotees,

I said that I didn't practice "not I, but only Thou, Oh Lord!" sadhana, but for one who practices the sadhana of the Atma-vichara sincerely, the state, in which one really experiences that  all is He only and the myriad creatures, myriad worlds and myriad universes are but floating foam in the Ocean of Existence-Consciousness, cannot remain unknown for long. If one is practicing Vichara in right manner, one may have subtle experience of the state of being occasionally. However, some of you may ask that experience implies the presence of the expereincer. Yes, as Sri Bhagwan has taught that one cannot say "I slept happily" unless there is the experience, however subtle it is, so also on the sadhana path of the Atma-vichara, one has the subtle experience or knowledge (relative) that all is He only and there is nothing but He and also that ego doesn't exist, and therefore, I am not different from Him, I am verily He, and thus has the foretaste of the bliss of the Self.  Remember, that Sri Bhagwan has taught that some kind of knowledge has to be admitted even in the realisation of the Supreme Bliss, though it may be said to be subtler than the subtlest.

Dear devotees, I feel that even a bhakta will realise that state (not I, but Thou only, Oh Lord!) only after his bhakti has deepened and by mediating on God has achieved some kind of mental quiescence. Otherwise, it is mere chanting as some chant 'Who am I?', 'who am I?', in case of Vichara, without understanding properly as to how to conduct Enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan.

Pranam,
  Anil 

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:23:43 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: September 13, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »
Dear Devotees,

I have gathered from books that many old devotees of Sri Bhagwan had apprehension and imagined that genuine practice of Vichara may not be possible after His physical Presence was withdrawn after His Mahanirvana. But first they were Sri Bhagwan's devotees. They were compelled to seek Sri Bhagwan's intervention and invoked His Silent Presence. I have read that they gradually understood and realised that Sri Bhagwan is now the Inner Self. They found that Vichara is as accessible as before and genuine use of Vichara is as possible as before. There is not an iota of doubt about that in my mind. I would go on to say that Vichara is now even more accessible because those who are drawn to Him and love Him, know that He is the only Illumination abiding at the Core of one's Heart, as the Self.  Dear devotees, for me, it is Bhakti aspect of Vichara. 

Therefore, I would say only what I do and know. Those of us who are practicing Vichara should invoke His Presence with love and devotion for Him in the heart, and pray for His Grace.

Whether prepared or unprepared for the sadhana of the Vichara, but all the same taking an inventory of our abilities, one should grant oneself permission to attempt Vichara in an attitude of humility and not arrogance. Enquiry takes one to an unknown terrain and sadhak may think that the great practice poses him with sheer and utterly impassable and perhaps impossible terrain. Sri Bhagwan's Grace enables one to take the enormity as they progress.

However, we must understand that Sri Bhagwan, after coming down from the Skanda Ashram to the Mother's Samadhi at the Foothill (present Sri Ramanasramam), Sri Bhagwan would not have compassionately exhorted to Atma-vichara almost all visitors who came seeking His Guidance and Intervention in their lives, if it were not possible to  practice it.

Therefore, dear devotees, we should have faith and trust that all Sri Bhagwan's exhortations, admonitions, and almost always veering round Vichara and helping the aspirant to turn the attention on to himself, were not meant only for the old devotees, BUT  CERATINLY  HE  WAS  SPEAKING  TO  US  ALSO  WHEN  HE  TAUGHT,  "ATMA-VICHARA  IS   THE  WAY."

A devotee practicing  Vichara wrote beautifully in Mountain Path that the first steps consist in acknowledging Sri Bhagwan's INVITATION to take up this MOST  URGENT  OF  SADHANAS.

I also feel that His is not merely an Invitation, but if we can understand the Grand Purpose of His Advent, we would understand that Sri Bhagwan indeed compels each one of us to Vichara:

"UNTIL  YOU  REALISE  THE  STATE  OF  PURE  BEING,  YOU  SHOULD  PURSUE  ENQUIRY."

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil         

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:27:40 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: September 13, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Vivekananda is an Icon. He declared more than a hundred years ago that every human soul is divine and the goal or purpose of life is to seek this divinity within, by controlling nature, external as well as internal. Bhagwan Sri Ramana revealed and enlightened us that this divinity is nothing but the Pure Awareness 'I AM'. Not only that He enlightened that it abides in the inner most recess of all hearts, form Vishnu downwards, Which is Parmatma Who is same as Absolute Consciousness or Sri Ramana or Sri Arunachala. He further enlightened that when mind melts in love of Him and reaches there where abides the beloved He reveals as Pure Knowledge. THIS,, IN  MY  VIEW,  DEAR  DEVOTEES,  IS  THE   GRAND  FUSION  OF  JNANA  AND  BHAKTI  AND   THAT  IS  VICHARA--MIND  MELTS  IN  LOVE  OF  HIM AND  REACHES    THE  INNERMOST  RECESS  WHERE  HE  ABIDES    AS  THE  DEAREST  ONE.  THEN  HE  REVEALS  HIMSELF  AS  PURE  KNOWLEDGE.  Sri Bhagwan is the Self. To love Him is to love the Self.

Therefore, loving Him, and seeking Him in the innermost recess of our OWN hearts is the Way, and that is His Atma-vichara.  If He is  "I Am That I Am",  where else to seek Him? I have to seek my divinity within me and not outside of me. Seeking directly therefore within us is what Sri Bhagwan has exhorted us to do.
Melting in love of Him and reaching where He abides as the Self and realising our Atma-swarupa is the Goal.
It is my Faith and I found a few words today to express myself as I often wish to do.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:17:33 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: September 13, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »
In continuation of my previous two posts:

Dear Devotees,

If Goal or Purpose of this temporal life is to seek and manifest this divinity within, it follows that every other purpose, if not supportive of the Grand Purpose, is meaningless or better to say, purposeless, or even ultimately detrimental to the One Purpose or Goal, however much we may like to believe otherwise.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: September 13, 2014, 01:51:21 PM »
Tis, but I cannot name it, 'tis the sense
Of majesty, and beauty, and repose,
A blended holiness of earth and sky,
Something that makes this individual spot,
This small abiding-place of many men,
A termination, and a last retreat,
A centre, come from whereso'er you will,
A whole without dependence or defect,
Made for itself, and happy in itself,
Perfect contentment, Unity entire.

~ William Wordsworth
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: September 13, 2014, 02:30:13 PM »
Sri Bhagwan: Just as a prey that has fallen into the jaws of a tiger cannot escape, so those who have come under the glance of the guru's grace will surely be saved and never forsaken.  YET  ONE  SHOULD  FOLLOW  WITHOUT  FAIL  THE  PATH  SHOWN  BY  THE  GURU.

Sri Muruganar: Even if those great ones who have firmly embraced the means to redeem themselves from miseries of samsara happen to deviate from conduct enjoined by the Vedas, either due to forgetfulness or any other reason, they should on no account transgress the command of the Guru who has told them about the ultimate truth.

Sri Muruganar: If a person offends against God, it is possible to rectify the matter through the grace of the Guru, but it is impossible even for God to nullify an offence committed against the Guru. This is what the declarations of the great ones assert.

Devotion to the Guru is therefore more powerful than the devotion to God.

Dear Devotees,

And the Guru has enlightened that real bhakti to Guru is to follow His precepts, His Teaching. Has He not? And what is His message?
KNOW  THYSELF.
KNOW  FIRST  WHO  REALLY  YOU  ARE.

The method He emphasised: THERE  IS  NO  MISTAKING  HIS  EMPHASIS:

He who turns inward with untroubled mind to search where the consciousness of 'I' arises, realizes the Self, and dissolves in Thee O Arunachala! Like a river when it joins the ocean.

Dear devotees, who can ever distinguish whether the above Verse pertains to Jnana-vichara or to Bhakti  alone?  FOR  THOSE  WHO  PRACTICE  JNANA-VICHARA,  THERE  IS  NO  BOUNDARY  FROM  THE  VERY  BEGINNING. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:33:05 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: September 13, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
Quote from Sri Nagaraj JI:

"Tis, but I cannot name it, 'tis the sense
Perfect contentment, Unity entire."

Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

The above lines are from Sri William Wordsworth's wonderful, 860 lines poem known as 'Recluse'. However, I feel that you should have posted 27 lines just previous to what you have already posted, for these extra lines in addition to what you have posted, in my view, portray the complete picture.   

And soft, and gay, and beautiful thou art
          Dear Valley, having in thy face a smile
          Though peaceful, full of gladness. Thou art pleased,
          Pleased with thy crags and woody steeps, thy Lake,
          Its one green island and its winding shores;
          The multitude of little rocky hills,                       
          Thy Church and cottages of mountain stone
          Clustered like stars some few, but single most,
          And lurking dimly in their shy retreats,
          Or glancing at each other cheerful looks
          Like separated stars with clouds between.
          What want we? have we not perpetual streams,
          Warm woods, and sunny hills, and fresh green fields,
          And mountains not less green, and flocks and herds,
          And thickets full of songsters, and the voice
          Of lordly birds, an unexpected sound                       
          Heard now and then from morn to latest eve,
          Admonishing the man who walks below
          Of solitude and silence in the sky?
          These have we, and a thousand nooks of earth
          Have also these, but nowhere else is found,
          Nowhere (or is it fancy?) can be found
          The one sensation that is here; 'tis here,
          Here as it found its way into my heart
          In childhood, here as it abides by day,
          By night, here only; or in chosen minds                   
          That take it with them hence, where'er they go.
          --'Tis, but I cannot name it, 'tis the sense
          A centre, come from wheresoe'er you will,
          Perfect contentment, Unity entire.

Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji, of the above lines, what inspires me  most are:

And mountains not less green, and flocks and herds,
          And thickets full of songsters, and the voice
          Of lordly birds, an unexpected sound                       
          Heard now and then from morn to latest eve,
          Admonishing the man who walks below
          Of solitude and silence in the sky?
          These have we, and a thousand nooks of earth
          Have also these, but nowhere else is found,
          Nowhere (or is it fancy?) can be found
          The one sensation that is here; 'tis here,
          Here as it found its way into my heart
          In childhood, here as it abides by day,
          By night, here only; or in chosen minds                   
          That take it with them hence, where'er they go.

However, thanks very much, dear Sri Nagaraj Ji. Recently we had some spirited discussion. I have not carried any negative or any hurt feeling from that. Even if I sometimes appear a bit harsh, this is not so. It is never my intention. If you indeed feel hurt, I aplogise. I am aware that we all are seeking to do away with our residual predispositions and shed non-Self, and so we are following Guru's Guidance and seeking His Grace. Hence, among us, there can be nothing but mutual love and respect for each other. Isn't it?

Thanks very much, dear Sri Nagaraj Ji.
Pranam,
 Anil     

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:23:37 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #3832 on: September 13, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »
Dear Sri Anil, your attitude towards Sri Bhagavan's teaching is honorable and praiseworthy. You are example of how a disciple's attitude should be.

But I should add to this that there are many people, many Gurus and many methods and all of them are equally right in respect to liberation, every one of them is a path to the Goal. There is no higher and lower method. Some people get liberation even without any spiritual sadhana, only due to God's Grace and Will. So comparing methods is not only not right but even inappropriate. Every method seriously directed to the Goal contains in itself all other methods. So this is not unique to atma-vichara. The purpose is the annihilation of the ego. The way does not matter. I believe everyone has his/her own way. I think that "way" is more appropriate word because "method" sounds too heartless and scientific (which suggests predictability and control) which is in contrast to the nature of spirituality.

I want to mention also that Sri Bhagavan has embraced all other methods, no matter that His preference was atma-vichara.

Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: September 13, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
Dear friend,

I just shared spontaneously the words of Wordsworth as an expression to your post 3827 quoting the spirit of Swami Vivekananda, I did not remember any thing a moment of past, nor was I hurt, my friend there is no need to apologise ? Why so ? I do not see remember anything for which you have to apologise. I fact, I firmly believe, even if we come across some harsh statements or exchanges, I am firmly and thoroughly believe in the words of Bhagavan, who gave absolutely no importance at all to the emotions at all. He would say, us to join them in heaping abuses to ourselves, such was the dare of Bhagavan.

Coming to the wonderful expressions of Wordsworth, I liked the lines I posted:

"Tis, but I cannot name it, 'tis the sense
Perfect contentment, Unity entire."

It is a place whose beauty the poet is unable to define exactly, but a blend of majesty, shanti .... there is something in the place that has in it the beauty of the earth and sky ... meaning the beauty is both palpable to the senses and yet unworldly ... something that makes this particular spot a place where men come to when everything else fails them .... regardless of wherever the men come from, it becomes a place which connects them to the very depths of their being..

A place tht has nothing missing .... a place that is complete and entire in itself ... a place whose existence needs no other reason .... excepting that it is there .... it needs no one to validte its presence ... it is a spot of complete and perfect contentment and unity ... unity of heart and soul ... sort of like a place where man becomes one with God.

To me such place, it felt can be nothing else but Arunachala, alone, the Self, as in the very first verse of Aksharamana malai. It felt the poet just sang the very first verse of AAMM in his own way.

We all! in Bhagavan,
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: September 14, 2014, 02:30:02 PM »
Dear Sri Hari,

Quote from Sri Hari:
"Dear Sri Anil, your attitude towards Sri Bhagavan's teaching is honourable and praiseworthy. You are example of how a disciple's attitude should be."

Dear Sri Hari, examples of Sri Bhagwan's innumerable, great, old devotees are there for all of us to emulate. I never thought that I was even a worthy disciple, leave aside being an example.  But, yes, I love Him, worship Him, talk about Him given the least opportunity, and follow His Teaching of the Atma-vichara and Surrender, which for me are not paths. What path can there be to realise the Atma-swarupa, or the Self, that is, 'myself' or 'yourself'? Sri Bhagwan Himself, and His Grace and Teaching are, for me, beginning, middle and the end. I know with cent percent certainty that it is much, much, more than enough for me. Why should I think anything else then as far as practice to shed non-Self and realise the Self are concerned?

Quote from Sri Hari:
"But I should add to this that there are many people, many Gurus and many methods and all of them are equally right in respect to liberation, every one of them is a path to the Goal. There is no higher and lower method. Some people get liberation even without any spiritual sadhana, only due to God's Grace and Will. So comparing methods is not only not right but even inappropriate."

Dear Sri Hari, yes, I am aware that all paths lead to liberation if pursued steadfastly with perseverance, humility, sincerity, and last but not the least, yearning to know God or the Truth of oneself and one's own existence.
Therefore, I never, never said anything against any Guru, not even against the present-day gurus, who have, of late, grown like mushroom, nor I ever criticised and compared different paths. Why should I? I am not here to do comparative study of either different religions or of different spiritual practices. I occasionally said only what Sri Bhagwan has said. For instance, Sri Bhagwan  has repeatedly reminded His devotees and seekers of Truth that 'Self-enquiry is the Straight Path, the only Direct and the only Infallible One to realise the unconditioned Absolute '.  Has He not? Is it then wrong or inappropriate to quote Sri Bhagwan's Utterances in a forum which is dedicated to Him and His Teaching? Please tell me what is wrong or inappropriate in that?

Quote from Sri Hari:
" Every method seriously directed to the Goal contains in itself all other methods. So this is not unique to atma-vichara. The purpose is the annihilation of the ego. The way does not matter. I believe everyone has his/her own way. I think that "way" is more appropriate word because "method" sounds too heartless and scientific (which suggests predictability and control) which is in contrast to the nature of spirituality."

Dear Sri Hari, You have yourself mentioned that the purpose is the annihilation of the ego. Yes, there is no doubt about the purpose. But then, Sri Bhagwan's Atma-vichara is the Straight and Direct One for this very reason, for in Sri Bhagwan's Way, as you said, this phantom of the ego is targeted, investigated, belittled, hammered and finally destroyed at the end of enquiry, in the Jnanagni or  the Fire of Knowledge, whereas in other practices final question still remains to be tackled. 

Quote from Sri Hari:
"I think that "way" is more appropriate word because "method" sounds too heartless and scientific (which suggests predictability and control) which is in contrast to the nature of spirituality."

Yes, thanks very much.

Quote from Sri Hari:
"I want to mention also that Sri Bhagavan has embraced all other methods, no matter that His preference was atma-vichara."

I am not a Jnani, not yet, nor a learned person, so that I should embrace all methods or ways, as you said. I am a simple, ordinary devotee in whose heart Sri Bhagwan abides as the Self, God and Guru, as He abides in hearts of all His devotees. And as you admit that Sri Bhagwan's Preference is Atma-vichara, I feel that those who are really drawn to Sri Bhagwan will, more often than not, prefer to practice the Atma-vichara and surrender as taught by Him. 

And since Atma-vichara and Surrender to the Cause of one's being are His Preference and Emphasis, when I seek to dwell on the same for my as well as for those devotees of Sri Bhagwan who may also benefit, questions should not have been raised in a forum which claims to be dedicated to Bhagwan Sri Ramana. This is how I feel. For instance, please tell me, is it appropriate to start a topic here in this board of the forum, whatever that may be, other than Sri Bhagwan's Teaching, exclusively and strictly? And for the same reason, kindly also tell me, why should emphasis on Sri Bhagwan's Teaching not be laid here in this dedicated forum? 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:57:10 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #3835 on: September 14, 2014, 06:38:33 PM »
Quote from: Sri Anil
And since Atma-vichara and Surrender to the Cause of one's being are His Preference and Emphasis, when I seek to dwell on the same for my as well as for those devotees of Sri Bhagwan who may also benefit, questions should not have been raised in a forum which claims to be dedicated to Bhagwan Sri Ramana. This is how I feel. For instance, please tell me, is it appropriate to start a topic here in this board of the forum, whatever that may be, other than Sri Bhagwan's Teaching, exclusively and strictly? And for the same reason, kindly also tell me, why should emphasis on Sri Bhagwan's Teaching not be laid here in this dedicated forum? 

I agree about that completely. I just wanted kindly to remind you that there are many devotees even here for one reason or another who are not strictly Sri Ramana's devotees only, who follow differenent paths and underestimating their way of sadhana valuing atma-vichara as the most supreme Supreme because "it is the most direct, etc" may harm somebody. No everyone is so spiritually mature and confident in his/her path, so such final conlcusions as "atma-vichara is the best practice" can shaken the mind and the sadhana to someone here who is not destined to be spiritually benefited by atma-vichara. That was all that I wanted to say.

P.S. I dont argue that atma-vichara is one of the most potent spiritual practices.

I wish you all the best,
Hari
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: September 14, 2014, 06:58:48 PM »
          END  OF  SEEKING

It's over now my end of seeking
Now's is the time, I surrender to 'THEE  ALL'.

Behind the veil my Self is peeking,
Obey my Voice! I answer His urgent call.

"Dive within the Heart dear earnest friend,
And samsara's bad dream you now shall end!"

The buds will open on the almond tree,
Some come first, they yearn to be free.

Some come later but in His good time
All will abide in the Lord Divine.

Souls need Self's bright sun of Guru's Grace,
Nowhere God is not, ever there in place.   

Sri Alan Jacobs
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:01:49 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: September 14, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »

Dear friend, just expressing as a true friend, just keep focused, no matter what opposition come forward, no matter how misplaced the arguments may be, be it for or against any spirit.

Questions will keep coming, you cannot change that, for what we give out, the responses will surely come back, that cannot be stopped. But in the spirit of Bhagawan, you keep focused in your sadhana.

What ever questions come towards us, be it various views or opinions, we ought to continue our sadhana with perseverance and without getting distracted at the least. Every thing that come in the form of various responses only help us get firm in our sadhana.

I wish you the best my friend.

Having said the above, my friend, I feel you need to review your thoughts on your expression as above, quoted below:

when I seek to dwell on the same for my as well as for those devotees of Sri Bhagwan who may also benefit, questions should not have been raised in a forum which claims to be dedicated to Bhagwan Sri Ramana. This is how I feel. For instance, please tell me, is it appropriate to start a topic here in this board of the forum, whatever that may be, other than Sri Bhagwan's Teaching, exclusively and strictly? And for the same reason, kindly also tell me, why should emphasis on Sri Bhagwan's Teaching not be laid here in this dedicated forum?

I feel, your views need to be introspected my friend, on questioning the opening and posting of various topics other than Sri Bhagavan's. I believe nobody has ever questioned about posting topics on Sri Bhagavan which has been having quite healthy exchanges. And my friend, I also request you to introspect if your views as expressed are in line with Sri Bhagavan's path.

And if that may be the case, I am afraid, I would not be able to participate officially here in this forum dedicated exclusively only on the topics of Sri Bhagavan alone.

Like you, my friend, I am also exclusively devoted to the Lotus feet of Sri Bhagavan, but I find myself not just limited to Sri Bhagavan alone. I would request Sri Graham also to provide clarity on this matter, if need be.

My friend, this exchange also is pure introspection mutually and for the benefit of all and I believe in the spirit of Self enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagavan you would take this in spirit for reflection

--
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:39:10 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: September 14, 2014, 08:35:52 PM »
Quote from Sri Nagaraj Ji:
"I feel, your views need to be introspected my friend, on questioning the opening and posting of various topics other than Sri Bhagavan's"

Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

Oh, No! dear Sri Nagaraj Ji. There is no need to raise a hue and cry over a minor passing remark of mine. I do not understand why my expression has become prone to be often misunderstood by you. What I meant to say was simple that there were many forums, sections and boards under the main Forum. One such forum is the "Teachings of Bhagwan Sri Ramana maharshi", isn't it?,  which is dedicated to Sri Bhagwan's Teaching alone.  I meant to say that at least under this section or Board topics on Sri Bhagwan's Teaching only should be started or posted. And there are many places under the Forum where topics not directly related  with Sri Bhagwan's Teaching could be posted conveniently, corresponding to the subject-matter of the topics. However, sometime back I would have felt grief, but I do not really care now. Please do only as Sri Graham guides you.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:38:00 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: September 14, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »
Oh, No! dear Sri Nagaraj Ji. There is no need to raise a hue and cry over a minor passing remark of mine. I do not understand why my expression has become prone to be often misunderstood by you.

Dear Friend,

There isn't minor or major remarks in Sadhana, and having endeavored to post your reflections on Bhagavan's Self Enquiry, i believe, a sincere aspirant that you are, would not give place to any complacency in reflecting the wonderful teachings of Sri Bhagavan for your own reflection and more specifically, when you also intend to post your reflection for the benefit of other devotees.

Dear friend, i am trying to make this a constructive reflection. Of-course, i am aware what you meant, that you meant only your topic thread be spared from postings from others who may post their thoughts that may be different from the recorded teachings of Sri Bhagavan.

Well, definitely, my friend, i have not initiated my expressions now, just for some casual exchanges for minor thing, over scoring some brownie points. I am more interested in the Sadhana itself!

I am trying to bring to your reflection that firstly, you cannot stop others from posting any thoughts of others, even in your thread, at most you could request only.

I am trying to bring to your eyes that there ins't a "Non-Ramana Maharshi" way at all. I am trying to bring into your reasoning, why such resistence?

At any time, what ever other devotees may post even in your thread, be it is different from Bhagavan's teachings, they don't post it unassumingly, it is only because, there is the same Sadvastu, the same essence of Vichara in those expressions as well. you can't stop from facing differences. You can't have an exclusivity for Bhagavan, He is UNIVERSAL. He is not limited by just Self Enquiry alone. Especially when Ramana truly is the SELF. Of all, that Supreme Self is truly UNIVERSAL beyond the boundaries, even beyond self enquiry itself! Yes, He has mainly only recommended Self Enquiry, but He is not limited just to that. Now you as having to face so many Non-Bhagavan related posts, in your thread, can't be limited by the exclusivity of Self Enquiry alone, you also need to break free, and recognise the Self Enquiry in perceived Difference as well, the walls need to be broken, my friend. This is the crux.

The gates of that Self Ramana is ever open, my dear friends (there are no gates there), for one and all, YOU ARE THAT SELF (or when, as a sadhaka you aspire to be that Self) so you can't stop anything from uniting with the Self, even what is seemingly different in whatever way it may be, be it path, method, terms, ramana or non ramana. And true Self Enquiry takes one beyond all differences, beyond the limitations of the very path itself, such is the greatness of Self Enquiry.

Without sorting this out you would face further a lot of disturbances, unless, you are able to absorb so so called Non-Maharshi teachings as the same as Bhagavan's.

How long can you face your sadhana as Bhagavan's and non-Bhagavan's? Is there any difference? Why not address to yourself this evident difference that you perceive?

This is the reflection about. You may treat this as another sincere Sadhaka who is dropping in by for clarification or you may treat yourself as such a one seeking clarification and he who benefits, benefits! The Truth is the ultimate victor, that ought to be kept on pedestal.

However, you are free to ignore in attending to this. I needed to bring to your reflection, as I am compelled from within from my own reflection.

Wishing you the best.

Lots of love and regards,

--
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:00:55 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta