Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 755950 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3705 on: April 02, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »
WE  ARE  SUCH  STUFF  AS  DREAMS  ARE  MADE  OF  AND  OUR  SHORT  LIFE  IS  ROUNDED  BY  SLEEP.
Sri William Shakespeare

Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan taught exactly the same. Did He not?
Major Sri Alan Chadwick has written that though he questioned Sri Bhagwan more often on this subject of dream than any other, some doubts always remained for him regarding dream state.
Sri Chadwick: But Bhagwan, dreams are disconnected, while the waking experience goes on from where it lets off and is admitted by all to be more or less continuous.
Sri Bhagwan: Do you say that in your dreams? They seemed perfectly consistent and real to you then. It is only now, in your waking state that you question the reality of the experience.  THAT  IS  NOT  LOGICAL.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan thus refused to see the least difference between the two states, and in this He agreed with all the great Advaitic Seers. Sri Chadwick says that the answer he received every time was the same when he put a question regarding the non-difference between two states of waking and dream.   
Sri Bhagwan: Put your doubts when in the dream state itself. You do not question the waking state when you are awake. You accept it in the same way you accept your dreams. Go beyond both states., all three states including deep sleep, and study them from that point of view. You now sturdy one limitation from the point of view of another limitation. Could anything be more absurd? Go beyond all limitation, then come here with problem.

Sri Chadwick's doubt still persisted.
Sri Chadwick: I somehow felt at the time of dreaming that there was something unreal in it, not always of course. But just glimpses now and then.
PROMPTLY  COMES  THE  GREAT  TEACHING:
Sri Bhagwan:  DOESN'T  THAT  EVER  HAPPEN  TO  YOU  IN  YOUR  WAKING  STATE TOO?  DON'T  YOU  SOMETIMES   FEEL  THAT  THE  WORLD  YOU  LIVE  IN  AND  THE  THING  THAT  IS  HAPPENING  IS  UNREAL?

But in spite of all this Sri Chadwick's doubt still persisted.
One morning Sri Chadwick went to Sri Bhagwan, and much to His amusement, handed Him a paper on which the following was written:
"Bhagwan remembers that I expressed some doubts about the resemblance between dreams and waking experience. Early in the morning most of these doubts were cleared by the following dream, which seemed particularly objective and real."
"I was arguing philosophy (in dream) with someone. I pointed out that all experience was only the subjective, that there was nothing outside the mind."
"The other person demurred, pointing out how solid everything was and how real experience seemed. It could not be just personal imagination."
"I replied, 'No, it is nothing but a dream. Dream and waking experience are exactly the same."'
"You say that now", he replied, 'but you would never say a thing like that in your dream."'
"And then I woke up"

Dear devotees, when we were dreaming, some of us, sometimes, might have had some inkling that there was something unreal about this experience. So also, we feel sometimes that there is something unreal about the so- called solid-looking world and the events happening in it are unreal. Do we not?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:14:29 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: April 02, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »
He is the real Sadhu, who can reveal the form of the Formless to the vision of these eyes:
Who teaches the simple way of attaining Him, that is other than rites or ceremonies:
Who does not make you close the doors, and hold the breath, and renounce the world:
Who makes you perceive the Supreme Spirit wherever the mind attaches itself:
Who teaches you to be still in the midst of all your activities.
Ever immersed in bliss, having no fear in his mind, he keeps the spirit of union in the midst of all enjoyments.

The infinite dwelling of the Infinite
Being is everywhere: in earth,
water, sky, and air: Firm as the thunderbolt, the seat of
the seeker is established above
the void. He who is within is without, I see
Him and none else.
Sri Kabir

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:18:59 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: April 03, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
Sri V. Ganesan has written wonderfully in his book 'Direct Teaching of Bhagwan Raman' as following:
An excerpt:

Abidance as Pure Consciousness is the ultimate goal of human life -the release from the ego!
How to effect it?
Through Atma-Vichara, Self-enquiry, release from the bonds of ego is gained. This is the process of 'Who am I?-enquiry', the technique to 'Know Oneself'. The bondage is the ego. The bondage is for the ego. Consciousness, conditioning or identifying itself with a body is this ego. The ego exists, say the scriptures, due to non-enquiry-avichara. This avichara is sustained and strengthened by avidya-ignorance. CONSCIOUSNESS  IS  PURE  ATTENTION  ALONE.  When  the  attention  is  held  unmoved,  there  is  no  place  for  ego  or  non-attention. To hold the attention on itself, to dissolve or transform non-attention into  TOTAL  ATTENTION,  total Consciousness, the quest 'Who am I?' is the vital process. To turn one's attention on oneself is the essence of true knowledge. Such Self-attention is the key to open the mystery- gates to the immeasurable treasure: "KNOWING  THE  KNOWER"! The knower known, there is none else, nothing else to be known. To remain as Pure Consciousness is the secret and meaning of "Know Thyself".
Bhawan Ramana put it all in a sutra-aphorism. He summarised the whole process in four pregnant words, deham, naham, koham, soham.
DEHAM--Body, symbolising all objective and subjective perceptions.
NAHAM--I am not.
KOHAM--Who am I?
SOHAM--I am Consciousness.
Rid of all vestures, vehicles, masks, conveyances and camouflages, Pure Consciousness alone will shine if the enquiry 'Who am I?' is relentlessly pursued within. Such Atma Vichara releases one from bondage. Release from bondage and dawning of Wisdom are simultaneous, like the coming of light and ending of darkness are spontaneous.
In this grand journey within, the Guru's Grace is absolutely essential. For one who is ready to plunge within, Guru's Grace is totally assured. This Grace is felt by one dedicating himself to the pursuit of Self-enquiry, through a deepening peace welling up in him, independent of life's circumstances.

Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:28:57 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: April 03, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Ramdas came to Sri Ramanasramam and addressed Sri Bhagwan thus:
"Maharaj, here stands before Thee a humble slave. Have pity on him. His only prayer to Thee is to give him Thy blessing."

Sri Bhagwan turned His Eyes towards Sri Ramdas and gazed into his eyes for some time as though He was pouring into Sri Ramdas His blessing through the orbs. Then Sri Bhagwan shook His Head to say He had blessed. A thrill of inexpressible joy coursed through the frame of Sri Ramdas and his whole body quivered like a leaf in the breeze.

Sri Ramdas is said to have come to the Lotus Feet of Sri Bhagwan in a state of complete obliviousness of the world. He felt thrills of ecstasy in His Presence. Sri Bhagwan is said to have made the AWAKENING permanent in Sri Ramdas.
Later, some people implored Sri Ramdas thus:
"You went to Sri Bhagwan and you got illumination. Give us illumination like that."
Sri Ramdas is said to have responded thus:

"You must come to Ramdas in the same spirit and in the same state as he went to the Maharshi. Then you will also get it. Where was his Heart? How intense was his longing? What was the world to him at that time? If you come in that state, it is all right."

Dear devotees, Guru is the ocean of Grace. It all depends on the state of our fitness as to how much we can draw and partake. If one brings a tumbler, he should not complain that he is not able to take as much as another who has brought a jar. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
   Anil     
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:42:50 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: April 04, 2014, 01:40:45 AM »

Rumi has said that the true disciple always puts the master above everyone else.
Someone once asked one of Bayazid's disciples: "Who is greater, your master or Abu Hanifa?" "My master," replied the disciple. "Who is greater, Abu Bakr or your master?" "My master," again replied the disciple. "Who is greater, the other companions of the prophet, or your master?" "My master," replied the disciple once more. "Who is greater, the prophet Muhammad or your master?" "My master," replied the disciple yet again. "Well then, who is greater, God or your master?" "I have seen God in my master and know of nothing other than my master," replied the disciple for the last time.

Aflaki 1983, vol. I, p. 297 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: April 05, 2014, 09:16:47 AM »
Quote:
"Well then, who is greater, God or your master?" "I have seen God in my master and know of nothing other than my master," replied the disciple for the last time.

Dear Sri Jewell,

According to a legend in the Skanda Purana, Lord Shiva and the Mother Parvati were once seated on Mount Kailas, surrounded by eminent sages and others. Mother asked Lord Shiva to explain to Her the nature and greatness of the Guru. Lord gladly consented, because the Sages and others would also receive the Teaching and through them it would percolate to
deserving seekers. His Teaching, touching all aspects of the Importance of the Guru, and containing 351 sublime Verses, has come to be known as Sri Guru Gita. After coming to the lotus Feet of Sri Bhagwan, I read and reread this Scripture several times. Therefore, I wish to post a few Verses from the same as follows:

Three attributes are generally ascribed to God, of Creation, Sustenance and Dissolution, represented by the highest Triune of Gods, Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesha. Sri Guru Gita teaches:

gurur-brahma gurur-vishnur-gurur-devo-maheswarah

The Guru is Brahma, the Guru is Vishnu, and the Guru is
Lord Shiva. To such a Guru, I offer my obeisance.
V--58, Sri Guru Gita

Thus, the Great Lord Himself proclaims that the Guru certainly possesses all the attributes normally ascribed to God. Therefore, the Guru is God Himself.   

And who really is the Guru?

Sri Guru Gita teaches that the very term 'Guru' is self-explanatory:

gukaraschandhakarastu rukarastannirodha-krit
andhakara-vinasitvad-gururityabhidhiyate.

The 'gu' sound stands for 'darkness' (i.e., ignorance). The 'ru' sound stands for the one who destroys it. Being thus the destroyer of ignorance, He is called the 'Guru'.
V--45

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, it is however worth notice here that the Guru is defined here as the remover of ajnana, or ignorance, and not as the bestower of Jnana or Knowledge. It is perfectly consistent with Sri Bhagwan's Teaching that we are ever of the nature of Jnana, we are the Self, only we are ignorant of this truth. Removal of this ignorance is the Guru's Work. 

Guru's Real Nature is non-dual:
 brahmanandam parama-sukhadam kevalam jnana-murtim
dvandvatitam gagana-sadrisam tattvamasyadi-lakshyam
ekam nityam vimalamachalam sarvadhi-sakshi-bhutam
bhavatitam triguna-rahitam sadgurum tam namami

The Guru is supreme Bliss, bestower of ecstatic happiness, the Absolute, the embodiment of Jnana, beyond duality, (in purity) of the likeness of space, the objective of the teaching of Mahavakyas, such as Tat-Tvam-Asi, the One, the Eternal, free from evil, immovable (from his state of Jnana), witness to the intellects of all beings, beyond thought, and devoid of the three gunas. To such a Guru, I offer my obeisance.
 V--111

"Isvaro gururatmeti (The Self is the God and the Guru). The Master is thus God manifest as human being." Sri Guru Gita proclaims that the Self-realisation is the Supreme Purpose of human life and the Guru is the primary cause, that is, beginning, middle and the end of the Attainment. Sri Guru Gita proclaims that the Guru is the sole facilitator of the Realisation.

guru-buddhy "tmano nanyat satyam satyam varanane
tallabhartham prayatnastu kartavyascha manishibhih

There is nothing other than the Self. It can be known through the intellect lodged in the Guru. This is true, doubly true. To make effort to obtain it is the duty of a wise man.
V--25 .

naguroradhikam tattvam naguroradhikam tapah
naguroradhikam jnanam tasmai sri-gurave namah

There is no essence greater than the Guru, there is no penance greater than the Guru, and there is no knowledge greater than the Guru. To such a Guru, I offer my obeisance.
V--77

Guru therefore is God. Surrender to God is Bhakti Yoga and surrender to the Guru is said to be Guru Yoga:

guru-murtim smarennityam gurornama sada-japet
gurorajnam prakurvita guroranyannabhavayet

One should always keep the Guru's form in mind; should always do japa of the Guru's name; should carry out the Guru's orders; and should not think of anything other than the Guru.
V--39

yasya darsana matrena manasah syat-prasannata
svayam bhuyat dhritissantih sabhavet paramo-guruh

He, by the mere sight of whom the mind becomes clear and receptive, and fortitude and peace arise in the mind by themselves, is the Parama Guru or the Supreme Guru.
V--292

Dear friend, Parama Guru or the Supreme Guru is He Whose mere sight makes the mind clear, free of doubts and receptive. With mere remembrance of the Supreme Guru, Jnana or Knowledge dawns of its own accord. 

akhandaika-rasam-brahma nitya-muktam niramayam
svasmin-sandarsitam yena sabhavedasya desikah

He by whom the disciple is granted the vision of Parambrahma, who is partless, homogeneous, ever-free and untainted, is deemed a  Desika or the Param or the Supreme Guru.
V--287

bhidyate hridaya-granthih chhidyante sarva-samsayah
kshiyante sarva-karmani guroh karunaya sive 

It is by the Grace of the Guru that the heart-knot is broken, all doubts are destroyed, and all karmas are eroded.
V--306

bahujanma-kritat-punyallabhyate'sau maha-guruh
labdhva'mum na punaryati sishyassamsara-bandhanam

It is by the merit accruing from a great many lives that such a great Guru is obtained. Once He is obtained, there will be no recurrence of the disciple's bondage of samsara.
V--280

Lord Himself has thus extolled the greatness of the Parama Guru. Therefore, dear friend, Sri Jewell, we must put the Guru above everything else, as Sri Rumi has sung.

We came to the Lotus Feet of Bhagwan Sri Ramana because we see God in the Sadguru, and hence, wish to know of nothing other than our Guru, and therefore sing His Glory.

Thanks very much, my dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
 Anil

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:46:59 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: April 06, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »
Dear friend,Sri Anil,

Beautiful and so profound verses! Indeed,what is Guru if not everything. There is only Him. Our beautiful Master and Father. That Sadguru within,Reality,the Truth,Supreme God,the Self.
I know how much You love Bhagavan,and that's why i posted that beautiful Sufi story.
And i am inspired to post these two beautiful poems from Guru Nanak.

Thank You my dear friend!

With love and prayers,

(Siri ragu 9.3) The guru is the stepping stone

The guru is the stepping stone,
The guru is the boat,
     the guru is the raft of Hari's name.

The guru is the lake, the sea,
The guru is the ship,
     the guru is the place to ford the stream.

Would you like to glisten
     in the lake that's made of truth?
     Go then and bathe in that name.

Guru Nanak
       There is only one God
His name is Truth 
 He is the Creator 
 He is without Fear
 He is without Hate
He is beyond Time and Death
He is beyond Birth 
He is Self-Existent
 By the Guru's Grace
Chant and Meditate
He was True in the Beginning 
He is True Through the Ages
He is True Here and Now
O Nanak says he will be 'Forever and Ever True'

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: April 08, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »
Quote:
The guru is the stepping stone

The guru is the stepping stone,
The guru is the boat,
the guru is the raft of Hari's name.

The guru is the lake, the sea,
The guru is the ship,
the guru is the place to ford the stream.

Would you like to glisten
in the lake that's made of truth?
Go then and bathe in that name.

Guru Nanak

Dear Sri Jewell,

This is a very beautiful poem on the greatness and indispensability of the Guru, for the seekers, in search of Truth.  Guru is, indeed, in the beginning, middle and in the end of the Attainment.  Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewell.

Quote:
"That Sadguru within, Reality, the Truth, Supreme, God, the Self."

"Isvaro gururatmeti", that is, the Self is God and the Guru. Guru is manifest as a Human being to teach and show the Way to Truth. In other words the Guru alone is the Sole Facilitator of the Realisation of Atma-Swarupa, the Self, as enjoined by Lord Shiva Himself, in the'Sri Guru Gita'. 

My dear friend, Sri Jewell, Sri Bhagwan has taught that the Outer Guru who is in Human Form pushes us inward, "TURN  INWARD,  AND  JUST  BE." And when we really turn inward, the Guru who is ever-present as the Self, takes us over from within and establishes us as the Centre, that is, Heart of all, ITSELF. This is what is meant when Sri Bhagwan taught, "Be the Self."

However, I wish to say, that the Guru is none other than the Satchidananda (Sat-Chit- Anananda or Existence-Consciousness-Bliss). I do not know why, dear friend, but from the very beginning, Bhagwan Sri Ramana has been my Guru, Outer as well the Inner. I never thought or imagined in terms of an 'outer' or the 'inner' Guru for Sri Bhagwan.  I have realised in my heart that IN  BHAGWAN  SRI  RAMANA,  THE  EXTERNAL  AS  WELL  AS  INTERNAL  GURU  ARE  ONE.   Sri Bhagwan has taught that seeing the Self means being the Self, and being the Self means "I  AM  GOD".

Therefore, seeing Sri Bhagwan is indeed being the Self (INSTANT  IS  THIS  TRANSMISSION! which you and many members must also have experienced), and being the Self is to know or be God that 'we are', now and forever. Only our ego or the mere sense of individuality which is a phantom or a myth, separates us from our Godhood. So, only a 'false, pseudo sense' is between Us and our Godhood.

And my Goodness! what a discipline He taught us to realise our Self or Godhood! For, it is forgone conclusion that the Vichara is the first and foremost method and the Quest 'Who am I?' sweeps the mental, psychological and emotional dust that have clogged and befouled us for so long,from the time immemorial, though in truth there is neither time nor space. Sri Bhagwan has taught unequivocally that there are no other adequate means. 

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, not only that, Sri Bhagwan taught to be the Self. But what is the Self? Sri Bhagwan again and again drummed into us that the Self is the Pure Awareness.
And how can we ever hope to repay for the GRANT  OF  THE  PURE  AWARENESS 'I  AM'  OR  FOR  THE  DAWN  OF  VAST,  INFINITE  AND  THE  FORMLESS  FIELD  OF  SUBJECTIVITY  IN  WHICH  ALONE  ALL  THINGS  SEEM  TO  APPEAR  AND  DISAPPEAR? The only way is to 'Be', and not to be this or that, as Sri Bhagwan taught.

Thanks very much, my dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil 

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:55:16 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: April 09, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri N. A. Mohan Rao has written wonderfully in his brilliant Article 'The Practice of Self-enquiry', in the Mountain Path, thus:

Progress in Self-enquiry
When the seeker senses that he is making some progress, he must be extremely vigilant against becoming overconfident. Else, his ego can revert to its old ways, causing great setbacks to his sadhana, Reflection on the principles of discrimination, the reading of spiritual books, the company of saints and sages, and surrender to the Guru (within) can be relied for support when the enquiry is seriously threatened or hampered by maya (delusion).

When, eventually, the sadhaka finds himself able to contact the 'I-consciousness' with some ease, he sees new possibilities for mind-control. Normally, the most persistent form of distraction concerns some 'fruit of action'. The seeker realises that the purpose of all action is only to return the mind, at the end of action, to its state of repose in itself, and that he could as well accomplish this by not allowing the mind to go after action in the first place. THE  FRUIT  OF  ACTION,  AS  WELL  AS  ACTION  ITSELF,  THEN  CEASES  TO  BE  OF  CONSEQUENCE,  AND  THE  DISTRACTION  CEASES.  KARMA  YOGA  THUS  GETS  SUBLIMATED  IN  SELF-ENQUIRY.

Towards the latter stages of sadhana, distractions tend to turn sattvic, relating to issues such as service to humanity, spiritual theorising, etc. Simultaneously, the awareness grows in the seeker that whatever distracting thought arises, 'it arises out of me, has no purpose other than me, is nothing but a transformation of me, and has no being apart from me.' The thought then becomes identified with the 'I-consciousness' almost instantly, and the distraction gets resolved at its root. In this process, by  attracting the seeker's constant 'visits', the  'I-consciousness' becomes  EQUIVALENT  TO  TEMPLES  for him, AND  THE  SELF  IN  IT  BECOMES  THE  PRESIDING  DEITY.   BHAKTI  YOGA  THUS  STANDS  SUBLIMATED  IN  SELF-ENQUIRY.

As Enquiry progresses further, the seeker finds himself identified with the 'I-consciousness' almost throughout the waking state. From this invariant centre, which is his waking ego, he witnesses the body and worldly phenomena as if they are pictures projected on the 'screen' of that ego. With further deepening of Enquiry, the ego itself and all that it sees appear as a mere projection on the screen of the Absolute Self, even as the ego goes through its cycle of waking, dream and deep sleep states.

Dear devotees,  Sri Bhagwan has taught that all margas are included in the Vichara Marga. As Enquiry progresses, all other margas including 'Japa', etc. , go on getting sublimated in the First Marga, that is, Vichara Marga. AND as the enquiry progresses, we reach a stage when the ego itself and all that it sees appear as a mere projection on the Screen of the Self.   THAT  WHICH  POSED  AS  THE  SUBJECT  SO  FAR  IS  FOUND  TO  BE  AN  OBJECT    BY  THE  ENQUIRY.   To drive this very truth home, Sri Bhagwan taught as follows:

"There is a screen. On that screen first appears the figure of a king. He sits on a throne. Then before him in that same screen a play begins with various figures and objects and the king on the screen watches play on the same screen. The seer and the seen are mere shadows on the screen, which is the only reality supporting the pictures. IN  THE  WORLD  ALSO,  THE  SEER  AND  THE  SEEN  TOGETHER  CONSTITUTE   THE  MIND  AND  THE  MIND  IS  SUPPORTED  BY,  OR  BASED  ON,  THE  SELF. "

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil             
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:53:28 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: April 09, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
Dear devotees, two main paths, Path of Jnana and the Path of Bhakti, to Self-realisation, have been taught in Hinduism as well as by Sri Bhagwan.  One of the beautiful analogies used to grasp the sublime truth of both is 'of a person in chains'. On the Path of Jnana the spiritual seeker identifies with the Absolute, thereby becoming larger and larger, until the chains snap.  On the Path of Bhakti, the devotee declares "Not me, O Lord, but You!" and thus becomes smaller and smaller until one is able to slip through the links of the chains.  Pranam, Anil

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: May 12, 2014, 01:57:19 AM »

Thy voice is heard as a melodious chant in the stillness of my heart,
and is translated in my head by words which are inadequate and yet
replete with Thee. And these words are addressed to the Earth and say
to her:

Poor sorrowful earth, remember that I am present in thee and
lose not hope; each effort, each grief, each joy, each pang, each call of
thy heart, each aspiration of thy soul, each renewal of thy seasons, all,
all without exception, what seems to thee sorrowful and what seems
to thee joyous, what seems to thee ugly and what seems to thee
beautiful, all infallibly lead thee towards me, who am endless Peace,
shadowless Light, perfect Harmony, Certitude, Rest and Supreme Blessedness.

Harken, O Earth, to the sublime voice that arises,
Harken and take new courage!

The Mother
Mira Alfasa

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: June 06, 2014, 06:06:27 AM »
Dear Sri Anil,

I hope You are good,and all is fine,since You did not visited forum for quite some time...
May Bhagavan be with You dear friend!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: August 18, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »
Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes, dear friend, I am fine. I didn't visit the Forum for some time because suddenly, irresistibly, I felt that I should discontinue posting for at least time being, and instead I should concentrate on drawing my mind whenever there are alien thoughts, and fix it on the Self. This is what I had been doing all these days-attending and doing official works and works of daily chores and fixing my mind on the Self in the rest of the time; and whenever it became restless and fidgety and tried to run after thoughts and thoughts of objects, I repeatedly drew it back and fixed it on the Self. ALL MY SADHANA HAVE ZEROED ONLY ON THIS PRACTICE. 

Dear friend, Self is only Be-ing. Sri Bhagwan taught, "Be and there is an end of ignorance." BEING ALONE IS KNOWLEDGE. AND HOW TO MERELY BE? Sri Bhagwan has taught that when all thoughts are eliminated it becomes Atma Samatha, that is, fixed in the Self and a time comes soon when only Bei-ng  remains, for all else is ignorance. And what a great clue He has given!
He has taught to constantly search for 'I', which is the Source of the ego. The Pure 'I' is the Reality-Existence-Consciousness-Bliss. When the Pure 'I' is forgotten, we are identifying with the dark, ghost-like ego and all miseries crop up. Isn't it?

Therefore, I feel and experience that FIXITY IS GREAT, QUINTESSENCE OF ALL SADHANA! FIXITY IN THE SELF IN ENQUIRY OR JNANA MARGA AND FIXITY ON GOD IN BHAKTI. THAT IS IT! Remember, Sri Bhagawan revealed that the Reality alone is 'I' which doesn't even say 'I', for That is Being!

Thanks very much, dear friend Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:52:37 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: August 19, 2014, 07:59:50 AM »
Anil,
Nice to know that you are doing fine.

FIXITY IS GREAT, QUINTESSENCE OF ALL SADHANA! FIXITY IN THE SELF IN ENQUIRY OR JNANA MARGA AND FIXITY ON GOD IN BHAKTI. THAT IS IT! Remember, Sri Bhagawan revealed that the Reality alone is 'I' which doesn't even say 'I', for That is Being!

Yes indeed.

Wishing you the very best.

Namaskar.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: August 19, 2014, 11:29:23 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji, Yes. Thanks very much bhai saheb. I just read the beautiful details of your august visit to Holy Sri Ramasramam and I am very happy to know that you with your son basked in His munificent Grace and Glory. I also read about your visit to Guru X in Tiruvannamalai and I feel that your understanding is quite apt.

Pranam,
  Anil