Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 759043 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3675 on: March 17, 2014, 10:03:41 PM »
Quote from Sri Anil

The moment I hear two sublime Words 'Ramana Sadguru', I go deeper and deeper within, until there is no 'within' or 'without', until there is only awareness without thoughts.  I realise on such occasions Sri Bhagwan's Teaching that 'knowing' always implies a subject and an object, whereas to be aware means  to be thought-free.

Dear Sri Anil,

Yes,Ramana Satguru is my favorite song dedicated to Bhagavan. Whenever i hear it i feel so intoxicated,so overwhelmed. There is some strange power in these words... It is absolutely beautiful.
What You described is what is happening to me whenever i look photograph of Bhagavan. These beautiful eyes catch hold of me,and i am at once in the state of awareness,self attention. It is amazing. Like He is always calling me to look within,to be awake.
Yes,i also realised that any knowing is in the field of mind,and with it very limited. Even,like there is no knowing at all,just sudden flashes and insights,which seem not to stay long with me. Like memory even do not record it,like it is just a thing of that very moment understanding. Is that normal or not,i am not sure,but it is like that.
 And i mostly find only helpful understanding of what really ego is. As all which was burried deep within comes infront of most powerful touch of awareness. And my experience is that awareness burns everything it comes in its field.
And that trying to know is indeed there only when self enquiry is of less intensity. I do not even wish to know anything about Reality anymore. Self enquiry is done rightly only when we just are,when all our attention is on that sense of presence,without trying to define it,to analize it,when it is not allowed thought to interfere,when it is just self attention,holding onto that I.

Strange is this feeling of I and Me. It becomes such a burden somehow. Like something so heavy and sticky,and i just cannot get rid of it. As it brings this so familiar and subjective feeling of my separate existence,which has a taste,it is like some invisible picture. That Me which,whatever i do,is still there like background of everything. How to get rid of myself? ::) By myself,i mean on ego only,and this boring personality. sometimes,all looks so silly,going round and round,in vicious circle. And there are moments when sadness and some deep pain come,than anger,and so on. But i guess all this is natural bioproduct of sadhana. Especially when hope about our future,our ambitions and wantings are recognizes behind,and we are asked to give up hope too. And suddenly,mind is forced not to look back and front,like it always did,but to be in the Now. But all what comes also passes,nothing in the field of mind is permament,and with it,nothing is a problem. Just one lesson more.
Coz mind is so changeful and restless,assuming new roles,like chameleon. It will find a thousand ways to camuflage just to survive. That's why i find Bhagavan's and Maharaj's ways so helpful. Dont mind the mind,Just Be.

But there is one,most important thing,which You have mentioned in the end of Your post. Grace! God! Reality! That invisible power which guides us through all this,which fleshes inside of us like intuition,like beautiful feelings of love and longings, which cannot even be given any names. Something beyond all words and expressions,something so magnificent and magical.
And there is a moment when It starts to speak through everything,when everything suddenly looks like most beautiful fairytale. When it is showing us way,speaks through us,and pulling us toward Itself in a thousand different ways.
And these golden moments of insights,when we realise that Divine is only doer indeed.
All this i said because You mentioned Bhagavan's picture i have posted. I am also sure it is not coincidence. Many times happened,that when i intensly think about something in the evening,i see it in Your post day after.  :)
We are One!
Then what is more important than this! When He is in Us,when He is in us!!!

These were just some thoughts and thinking of mine i wished to share days before in separate thread,something not concluded,just present this moment.

Thank You Very much,my dear friend Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:32:21 PM by Jewell »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: March 18, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
"Yes, Ramana Satguru is my favorite song dedicated to Bhagavan. Whenever i hear it i feel so intoxicated, so overwhelmed. There is some strange power in these words... It is absolutely beautiful."

Dear Sri Jewell,

The importance of the divine Song 'Ramana Sadguru', for His devotees, can be understood from the fact that Sri Bhagwan once joined in its singing, even though the devotees were amused and even laughed at Sri Bhagwan singing Himself His own praise. Sri Bhagwan commented: "What is extraordinary about it? Why should one limit Ramana to a form of six feet? Is it not the all-pervading divinity that you adore when you sing 'Ramana Sadguru?' Why should I not also join in the singing?" Devotees who were amused felt uplifted to Sri Bhagwan's standpoint. So, though I do not know Tamil, I have the original Song saved in my computer. I keep on listening to the Song when I feel despondent, to revert to the awareness of mere being. Indeed, the Song is truly graced, and graced indeed are those who sing it with divine fervour.

Quote:
"What You described is what is happening to me whenever i look photograph of Bhagavan. These beautiful eyes catch hold of me, and i am at once in the state of awareness,  self attention. It is amazing. Like He is always calling me to look within, to be awake."

Dear friend, this is exactly what happens to me when I look at some of the graced Photographs of Sri Bhagwan. These Photographs  are special and mean a lot to me.

Quote:
"Yes,i also realised that any knowing is in the field of mind, and with it very limited. Even, like there is no knowing at al, just sudden flashes and insights, which seem not to stay long with me. Like memory even do not record it, like it is just a thing of that very moment understanding. Is that normal or not, i am not sure, but it is like that.
And i mostly find only helpful understanding of what really ego is. As all which was buried deep within comes in front of most powerful touch of awareness. And my experience is that awareness burns everything it comes in its field."

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, the above quote echoes my own deeper feeling and understanding. At this stage, our sadhana must go on and we must go deeper and deeper so that we are able to stay for longer and longer periods in the thought-free state, remaining just aware. Yes, if we are able to distinguish between the 'I', pure in itself, and the 'I'-thought which alone, being merely a thought, sees subject and object, sleeps, eats and thinks, dies and is reborn, I feel then we should understand that we are treading the Path, as taught. Pure 'I', on the other hand, is the Pure Being, Eternal Existence. So, if we have reached a state where we  are  able to clearly discern and isolate the impure ego from the Pure 'I', we must stay as the 'I', our being alone, without thought, for as long as we are able to. And we must continue this sadhana, until the 'I'-thought disappears and the concomitant delusion vanishes forever.

Quote:
"And that trying to know is indeed there only when self enquiry is of less intensity. I do not even wish to know anything about Reality anymore. Self enquiry is done rightly only when we just are, when all our attention is on that sense of presence, without trying to define it, to analyze it, when it is not allowed thought to interfere, when it is just self attention, holding onto that I."

Dear friend, this, in my view, is a very mature understanding on the Path of Self-enquiry. I would like here to cite V. 217-20 from 'Ramana Puranam' as following:
When the 'I'-thought does not arise,
and I unite, as pure being, with Him,
He remains merged with me
shining out as my very own fullness.
However, the very moment
I raise my head [thinking 'I'],
To perceive his ancient form
he sees my oddness, scorns me,
and conceals himself from me.

Sri Muruganar has sung that the majesty of the Lord will shine forth only before the 'I' arises, and after the 'I' subsides.   

Quote:
"That Me which, whatever i do,is still there like background of everything. How to get rid of myself?  By myself,i mean on ego only, and this boring personality. sometimes, all looks so silly, going round and round, in vicious circle. And there are moments when sadness and some deep pain come, than anger, and so on. But i guess all this is natural biproduct of sadhana. Especially when hope about our future, our ambitions and wantings are recognized behind, and we are asked to give up hope too. And suddenly, mind is forced not to look back and front, like it always did, but to be in the Now. But all what comes also passes, nothing in the field of mind is permanent, and with it, nothing is a problem. Just one lesson more.
Coz mind is so changeful and restless, assuming new roles, like chameleon. It will find a thousand ways to camouflage just to survive. That's why i find Bhagavan's and Maharaj's ways so helpful. Dont mind the mind, Just Be."

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, yes, Sri Bhagwan has taught that one who can eliminate all the not 'I' cannot eliminate the 'I'. 'I'-thought is the root thought. 'Summa Iru' requires our effort in the form of proper sadhana. All of a sudden one cannot just be. Predispositions will force the mind to go out and make contact with objects and their thoughts. Hence the sadhana. Therefore, our duty is to find the Source of the root thought, and when the Source is reached or found, to just be.

Quote:
"But there is one, most important thing, which You have mentioned in the end of Your post. Grace! God! Reality! That invisible power which guides us through all this, which fleshes inside of us like intuition, like beautiful feelings of love and longings, which cannot even be given any names. Something beyond all words and expressions, something so magnificent and magical.
And there is a moment when It starts to speak through everything, when everything suddenly looks like most beautiful fairytale. When it is showing us way, speaks through us, and pulling us toward Itself in a thousand different ways.
And these golden moments of insights, when we realise that Divine is only doer indeed.
All this i said because You mentioned Bhagavan's picture i have posted. I am also sure it is not coincidence. Many times happened, that when i intensely think about something in the evening, i see it in Your post day after. 
We are One!
Then what is more important than this! When He is in Us, when He is in us!!!"

This, I feel, is a wonderful expression, dear friend Sri Jewell, to say the least! Yes, Sri Bhagwan's Grace is in operation. I have not even an iota of doubt about that. For, He Himself has taught that Grace is the Primary Cause, all else are secondary. AND  THERE  IS  NO  BETTER WAY,  IN  MY  VIEW,  TO  INVOKE  HIS  GRACE  THAN TO  PURSUE  THE  SADHANA  OF  SELF-ENQUIRY  AND  SURRENDER, WITH   PERSEVERANCE , AS  TAUGHT  BY  HIM.  For, the Guru is His Teaching. We must rest assured that His Grace has descended into our soul's zone of awareness, as Sri Paul Brunton mentioned.

Thanks very much, my dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil     

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:56:51 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: March 18, 2014, 03:59:57 PM »
O friend ! hope for Him whilst you live, know whilst you live, understand whilst you live : for in life deliverance abides.
If your bonds be not broken whilst living, what hope of deliverance in death ?
It is but an empty dream, that the soul shall have union with Him because it has passed from the body :
If He is found now, He is found then,
If not, we do but go to dwell in the City of Death.
If you have union now, you shall have it hereafter.
Bathe in the truth, know the true Guru, have faith in the true Name !
Kabir says : " It is the Spirit of the quest which helps ; I am the slave of this Spirit of the quest."
Sage Sri Kabir

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: March 19, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Maya is said to make jivas experience seven stages of development as follows:
Ignorance, Veiling, Multiplicity, Indirect Knowledge, Direct Experience, Freedom from misery, and Supreme Bliss.
Ignorance: Ignorance is to lose sight of the fact that the Inner Self is no other than Brahman.
Veiling: Veiling makes one say 'There is no Brahman. I do not see Him'.
Multiplicity: Multiplicity springs up as 'I am a man. I am a jiva'.
Indirect Knowledge: To know the nature of the Self by the Teaching of the Guru is the Indirect Knowledge.
Direct Experience: After culmination of the Enquiry into the Self, to stay unshaken as the Unitary Being is the Direct Experience.
Freedom from misery: Freedom from misery is to end the limitations, such as, 'I am the body' and the sense of doership.
Supreme Bliss: Final accomplishment, that is, release from bondage, is the Supreme Bliss.   

Dear devotees, Jivas' all seven stages of development through Maya can be shown even in the Story of Ten fools which was often narrated by Sri Bhagwan Himself.
Ten fools forded a stream and, on reaching the other shore, each of them counted nine others but omitted to count himself. THEY WERE ALL PERPLEXED BECAUSE THE TENTH MAN WAS MISSING, AS WE ARE PERPLEXED, FOR THE SLEF, THAT IS, 'OURSELVES' IS MISSING, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ABLE TO FIND 'OURSELVES'.

Ignorance is lack of right understanding which causes confusion among the ten fools.
'The tenth man is missing'--not to be found--this very though is the veiling.
Grief at the false loss of the tenth companion is the vikshepa or the multiplicity.
To heed the wise words of a sympathetic passer-by who says, 'The tenth man is among you', is Indirect Knowledge.
When the kindly man further makes one of them count the others and points to the teller as the tenth man, THE  DISCOVERY  OF  ONESELF  AS  THE  MISSING  TENTH   MAN  FORMS  THE  DIRECT  EXPERIENCE.
The cessation of grief for the lost man is freedom from misery.
The joy of indubitable ascertainment of 'Oneself' by oneself is Supreme Bliss.

Dear devotees, reading Sri Bhagwan's Teaching of the Atma-vichara forms the Indirect experience, whereas Discovery of 'ourselves' as the Self forms the Direct Experience.  Counter is counting all else before him but is omitting to count oneself, here the Seer is seeing all else but not seeing  Itself. This is why Sri Bhagwan taught, 'See That Who sees', for the seeker himself is That through Whom all the seeing is taking place.

Sri V. Ganesan writes wonderfully thus:
"The tenth man was never lost , as such there was no question of bringing him back to life also! FORGETTING  TO  COUNT  ONESELF  WHO  COUNTED,  WAS  THE  ONLY  ERROR.
The seeker after Truth, "YOU", is thus all important to make alive every teaching and every teacher. The Teacher, the Teachings and "You" are, therefore, the true Spiritual Trinity. The importance of the "You" is not exaggerated or over-dramatized here. It is not you the body, nor you the identified personality that is being referred to here as "You". The alive principle as "You", the "Awareness", alone is pointed out. Should you not come to know who actually this "You" is, apart from identifying yourself with your name and your form as a body? How to know the "You"?
Bhagwan Sri Ramana Maharshi gives you a unique method with which you can know who "You" really are."

The Great Upanishad declares, "You are That".

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:05:59 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 20, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Mental quiet is easier to attain, and is attained earlier, but Sri Bhagwan has taught that our ultimate goal is mental destruction. Sri Bhagwan says that most paths lead to the first, that is, mental quiet, whereas Self-enquiry leads to the first (mental quiet) quickly and then it leads to second, that is, mental destruction.  If one has achieved mental quiet, it becomes rather easy to push deeper and enquire. Sri Bhagwan has taught that one should then find where mind takes its rise, or who is mentally quiet, and one succeeds.

Q: What particular steps will be helpful to mind control?
Sri Bhagwan: That depends on circumstances of each. Bhakti, karma, jnana and yoga are all one. You cannot love God without knowing Him nor know without loving Him. Love manifests in everything you do not that it is karma. The adoption of mental perception (yoga) is the necessary preliminary before you can know or love God in the proper way.
The jnanis point out that the yogi assumes the existence of the body, its separateness from the Self and therefore advises effort for re-union by practice of yoga. The body is in the mind which has the brain for its seat which again functions by the light borrowed from another source, as admitted by the yogis themselves in their fountain theory.
The jnanis further argues if the light is borrowed it must come from its native source. GO  TO  THE  SOURCE  DIRECT  AND  DO  NOT  DEPEND  ON  BORROWED  RESOURCES. Just as an iron ball comes into being as separate from the mass of iron when taken from the fiery heat, it cools down later giving up the fire, but must be again made fiery to reunite with the mass, so also, THE  CAUSE  OF  SEPARATION  MUST  ALSO  FORM  THE  FACTOR  OF  UNION.   

Therefore, dear devotees, if there is an image reflected, there must be a source and also accessories like the sun, a pot and water, for reflection. To undo the reflection, either the reflecting surface may be covered, which corresponds to reaching the fountain according to the yogis; or the water may be drained away which is called tapas, that is, the thoughts or the brain activities are made to cease; this is jnana marga.

Sri Bhagwan has cautioned that all these are however on the assumption that the jiva is separate from Self or Brahman. But Sri Bhagwan has taught that we are not separate from the Self or Brahman.  Sri Bhagwan has taught that the ego is simply wrong identity of the Self with the non-Self as in the case of a colourless crystal and its background. Crystal though colourless appears red only because of its background. However, if the background is removed, the crystal shines in its original purity. SO  IT  IS  WITH  THE  SELF  AND  THE  ANTAHKARANAS.

So, Sri Bhagwan has taught the Direct Method. Go to the Source direct and do not depend on the borrowed resources. 

He who turns inward with untroubled mind to search where the consciousness of 'I' arises, realizes the Self, and dissolves in Thee O Arunachala! Like a river when it joins the ocean.

In Vichara alone both subject and object are the same--Self. Hence, it is the Direct Method.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:55:48 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 20, 2014, 04:11:43 PM »
"As long as a human being worries about when he will die, and what he has that is his,
all of his works are zero.
When affection for the I-creature and what it owns is dead,
then the work of the Teacher is over."

Sage, Sri Kabir

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 21, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »
Q: It is said that Sri Ramakrishna saw life in the Image of Mother Kali which He worshipped. Can it be true?
Sri Bhagwan : The life was perceptible to Sri Ramakrishna and not to all. The vital force was due to Himself. It was His own vital force which manifested as if it were outside and drew Him in. Were the image full of life it must have been found so by all. But everything is full of life. That is the fact. Many devotees have had experiences similar to those of Sri Ramakrishna. 
Talk--591

Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan says in Talk--400 that photisms (visions) add zest to meditation but do nothing more.  To a devotee who declared that he had gone to Mathura and seen Sri Krishna in a vision, Sri Bhagwan said, "The seer , the seen and the seeing were all one, all within yourself. Nobody else saw it. It was your own fancy. Yet, that you really did see Krishna was also true" Thus, Sri Bhagwan has taught that seeing beautiful colours or visions etc., in meditation are all mental conceptions.
"OBJECTS,  OR  FEELINGS  OR  THOUGHTS,  THAT  IS,  ALL  EXPERIENCES   IN  MEDITATION,  ARE  ONLY  MENTAL  CONCEPTIONS."   
Dear devotees, visions, even so-called enlightened (nirvanic) visions, mean that there is a subject and objects, whereas in true Nirvana, which is complete extinction, perfection and great peace, these visions cannot exist.
When Sri Sundaresa Iyer described  yogic experiences, including visions of light, ringing of bells, etc.,  which he was having, Sri Bhagwan replied, "They come, and they would pass away. Be only the witness."
Sri Paul Brunton is said to have the vision of Sri Bhagwan in London.  (Talk--251)
Q: Did not Paul Brunton see you in London? Was it only a dream?
Sri Bhagwan: Yes, he had the vision. Nevertheless he saw me in his own mind.
Q: But did he not see this concrete form?
Sri Bhagwan : Yes, but still it was in his mind.   

Dear devotees, whether tangible or intangible, visions of forms is of the mind, for the mind and by the mind.

Q: Can we see God in concrete visions?
Sri Bhagwan : Yes, God is seen in the mind. The concrete form may be seen. Still, it is the devotee's own mind. The form and appearance of the God-manifestation are determined by the mentality of the devotee. But the finality is not that, for it still has the sense of duality. It is like a dream vision. After God is perceived,  VICHARA  (ENQUIRY) commences. That ends in the Realisation of the Self. VICHARA  IS  THE  FINAL  METHOD.
Conversation in Talk--407 is relevant to discussion on visions, photisms or images or animation:
Q: St. Theresa and others saw the image of Madona animated. It was external. Others see the images of their devotion in their mental sight. This is internal. Is there any difference in degree in these two cases?
Sri Bhagwan: Both indicate that the person has strongly developed meditation. Both are good and progressive. There is no difference in degree.
The one has a conception of divinity and draws mental images and feels them. The other has the conception of divinity in the image and feels it in the image. The feeling is within in both cases.

Dear devotees, I wish to confide  in you here that sometimes when I am meditating unwaveringly on Sri Bhagwan's Picture, I do feel with certainty as if Sri Bhagwan's Picture has become animated. Initially, I felt little afraid, but soon this fear gave way to experience of bliss. Later, however, when I read that Sri Bhagwan has taught that animated figures only prepared the mind for introversion, I didn't attach much importance to such experiences.

Dear devotees, I do not attach much importance to such visions, animations, sounds, music, or whatever, because from what I assimilated of Sri Bhagwan's Teaching, I understood for once and all that IN  VICHARA (SELF-ENQUIRY)   THE  SEEKER  IS  NOT  SUPPOSED  TO  ATTEMPT  TO  SEE  OR  HEAR  THE  REAL ,  BUT  TO  REALISE  IT.  Though in other roundabout ways , they are also making for the same goal, but they are wandering around to get there. Phenomena may produce joy for the time being, but Sri Bhagwan has taught that the abiding Peace cannot result unless the removal of ignorance is attained. VICHARA  OR  MEDITATION  ON  THE  SELF  IS  THE  STRAIGHT,  SHORT  AND  DIRECT  PATH,  WHICH  DOES  NOT  CONCERN  ITSELF  WITH  PLANES  AND  DEGREES  ON  THE ONE HAND,  AND  VISIONS,  OR  SOUNDS  OR  PHOTISMS,  ETC.,  ON  THE  OTHER.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:04:01 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 21, 2014, 03:01:15 PM »
O Brother, my heart yearns for that true Guru, who fills the cup of true love, and drinks of it Himself, and offers it then to me.
He removes the veil from the eyes, and gives the true Vision of Brahma :
He reveals the worlds in Him, and makes me to hear the Unstruck Music :
He shows joy and sorrow to be one :
He fills all utterance with love.
Kabir says : " Verily he has no fear, who has such a Guru to lead him to the shelter of safety !"

Sage Sri Kabir

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 22, 2014, 02:41:57 PM »
Quote from my last post:
"Phenomena may produce joy for the time being, but Sri Bhagwan has taught that the abiding Peace cannot result unless the removal of ignorance is attained. VICHARA  OR  MEDITATION   ON  THE  SELF  IS  THE  STRAIGHT,  SHORT  AND   DIRECT   PATH,   WHICH  DOES  NOT  CONCERN   ITSELF  WITH   PLANES   AND   DEGREES  ON  THE  ONE  HAND,  AND  VISIONS,  OR  SOUNDS  OR  PHOTISMS,   ETC., ON  THE  OTHER."

Dear Devotees,

Therefore, from what I have imbibed of Sri Bhagwan's Teaching of the Atma-vichara, it is obvious to me that when one is treading the Straight Path, the sights, vision of forms, hearing of mystic sounds, etc., which may appear during its practice, should be regarded as distractions and temptations. None of these should be allowed by the seekers to tempt, beguile and distract them from the Path, at any cost, whatsoever. 

Sri Bhagwan has taught that appearance of visions or the hearing of the mystic sounds, etc., may come after the mind is concentrated, still and blank. But Sri Bhagwan has said that they may come even before such concentration and stillness are achieved. But the main thing is to ignore them whether they come before or after the concentrated mind is still and blank, and continue to pay attention only and only to the Self, unwaveringly, as far as possible. WE should do well to remember that even when some devotees came and reported to Sri Bhagwan that they had seen His Form, transfigured in brilliant light, He invariably counselled them to put aside 'all form' and to remember that what is seen will perish. What appears must disappear. That which has an origin, as a rule, must also have an end. Is it not? THEREFORE, SRI BHAGWAN TAUGHT THAT  WHAT  HAS  TO  BE  SEIZED  UPON  BY  THE  PRACTISER  OF  THE  SELF-ENQUIRY  IS  THE  INTUTIVE  PERCEPTION  OF  THE  SELF,  AND  NOTHING  WHATEVER.

However, having said as above, I wish to add that, as Sri Bhagwan has taught, intuitive and non-dual flashes are valid even for those who practice Atma-vichara and are the SIGNS  OF  THE  ENSUING  REVELATION.

Dear devotees, sidhis, miracles, clairvoyance, clairaudience, wonders, et al, are side tracks we must guard against. FOR, SRI  BAHGWAN  HAS  TAUGHT  THAT  THE  GREATEST  MIRACLE   IS  TO  REALISE  THE  SELF  THROUGH  ATMA-VICHARA  AND  SURRENDER.

Happiness is our real goal. Is it not? We must understand that happiness is inherent in the Self and that is the only real Source of happiness. Happiness is not alien to us and therefore  it is not afar. It is true that we sometimes experience happiness when we read certain poems or listen to certain music, and there is experience of bliss at agreeable sights. But it is a forgone conclusion that we are diving into the Pure Self on occasions which we consider pleasurable. THIS  TEMPORARY  DIVING  RESULTS  IN SELF-EXISTENT  BLISS. But Sri Bhagwan has made it clear that only association of ideas is responsible for foisting this bliss or happiness on other things and happenings. Therefore, we are plunging into the Self, though unconsciously, on these occasions when we experience joys and happiness. If we plunge into the Self consciously and abide in the Self, as the Self, it is Realisation.

So, we must make utmost effort to find 'Ourselves', by enquiring who is it that wants happiness.

Sri Bhagwan: "If you do so consciously you call it Realisation.  I  WANT  YOU  TO  DIVE  CONSCIOUSLY  INTO  THE  SELF,  THAT  IS, INTO  THE  HEART (Talk--254)."

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil 

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:51:28 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 22, 2014, 02:53:24 PM »
The guest is inside you, and also inside me;
you know the sprout is hidden inside the seed.
We are all struggling; none of us has gone far.
Let your arrogance go, and look around inside.

The blue sky opens out farther and farther,
the daily sense of failure goes away,
the damage I have done to myself fades,
a million suns come forward with light,
when I sit firmly in that world.

I hear bells ringing that no one has shaken,
inside "love" there is more joy than we know of,
rain pours down, although the sky is clear of clouds,
there are whole rivers of light.
The universe is shot through in all parts by a single sort of love.
How hard it is to feel that joy in all our four bodies!

Those who hope to be reasonable about it fail.
The arrogance of reason has separated us from that love.
With the word "reason" you already feel miles away.

Sage, Sri Kabir   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:56:05 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: March 22, 2014, 05:12:43 PM »
                   MUCH  ADO  ABOUT  NOTHING

There's no time; it's mode of convenience, thought up by
Man,
No space, a Theatrical Stage set up by our pre-programmed
brain,
No body, just molecules, atoms, that revolve in Self's own span,
No mind, a narrow gauge to measure things, on our Dreamer's
Train,
No Good nor Evil, Right nor Wrong, these are polarities of the
Age,
Nothing perceived or conceived is Real, so says the Advaita
Vedantic Sage.

Sri Alan Jacobs     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 23, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »
D: Is the waking state independent of existing objects?
Sri Bhagwan: Were it so, the objects must exist without the seer; That is to say, the object must tell you that it exists. Does it do so? For example, does a cow moving in front of you say that she is moving? Or do you say of your own accord "There is a cow moving"?  The objects exist because of the seer cognising them.

Dear Devotees,

There must be one to hear sound, or see visions or objects. They are there because there is one to cognise them, in the first place.  That one is 'I'. But the State of Perfection is that where one sees none other, hears none other, and knows none other. This is why Sri Bhagwan revealed that if we seek the one who sees, hears and knows, asking "Who am I ?", THE  SUBJECT  AND  OBJECTS  WOULD  COALESCE ,  and  that  is  the  end  of  the  quest.  Till then thought will arise, things will appear and disappear and we will keep on asking ourselves what has happened, and what will happen.  HOWEVER,  IF  THE  SUBJECT  IS   KNOWN  BY  ENQUIRY  THEN  THE  OBJECTS  WILL  MERGE  IN  THE  SUBJECT. Objects appear and disappear. Whether objects appear or disappear, one's true Nature is that which remains over as the Self. THEREFORE,  THE  ERROR  IS  THE  APPLICATION  OF  OUR  MINDS  TO  OBJECTS  WITHOUT  KNOWING  THIS.

Dear devotees, on the path of Enquiry, a day will soon come when the objects would start vanishing, and in some cases, this vanishing of objects may cause even fear.  Why so? Because the mind is bound to objects. And when the objects are absent, there is fear and suffering.

At this stage, what we must remember is that objects are transient, whereas the Self or 'I' is eternal. If the Eternal Self is known, subject and object merge into one, and the One without a second will shine forth.

All spiritual practices are only ways to winning It.

Sri Bhagwan: All the upasanas are ways to winning it. One must not get stuck in the upasanas, but must query "Who am I?" and find the Self.

Thanks very much.
  Pranam,
    Anil     
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:45:58 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 23, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »
Kabir says : "There adoration never ceases ; there the Lord of the Universe sitteth on His throne."
The whole world does its works and commits its errors: but few are the lovers who know the Beloved.
The devout seeker is he who mingles in his heart the double currents of love and detachment, like the mingling of the streams of Ganges and Jumna.
In his heart the sacred water flows day and night; and thus the round of births and deaths is brought to an end.
Behold what wonderful rest is in the Supreme Spirit! and he enjoys it, who makes himself meet for it.
Held by the cords of love, the swing of
the Ocean of Joy sways to and fro ;
and a mighty sound breaks forth
in song. See what a lotus blooms there without
water! and Kabir says, "My heart's bee drinks its nectar."
What a wonderful lotus it is, that blooms at the heart of the spinning wheel of the universe! Only a few pure souls know of its true delight.
Music is all around it, and there the heart partakes of the joy of the Infinite Sea.
Kabir says : "Dive thou into that Ocean of sweetness: thus let all errors of life and of death flee away."

Sage, Sri Kabir

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:10:23 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 23, 2014, 06:38:52 PM »
Where the spurious, limited, and profitless ego,
which declares that the fleshy body is 'I',
bows its head in shame and falls away,
through the knowledge gained by sinking within
by means of the enquiry 'Who am I?',
conducted with extreme tenacity,
there do you shine, as the source of all things,
the luminous sky of pure consciousness,
which is not an empty void,
but in which the deluded perception
of the triputis has subsided;
here a deep rapture wells up,
wherein bliss abounds!

V. 375-80,  Ramana Puranam 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:16:27 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 24, 2014, 10:45:38 AM »
Dear Devotees,

The following conversation from 'Talks' contains some important clues which, in my view, may help seekers who are practicing Atma-vichara: 

D: Can a line of thought or a series of questions induce Sellf-hypnotism? Should it not be reduced to a single point analysing the unanalysable, elementary, and vaguely perceived and elusive 'I'?
Sri Bhagwan: Yes, It is really like gazing into vacancy or a dazzling crystal or light.
D: Can the mind be fixed to that point? How?
Sri Bhagwan: If the mind is distracted, ask the question promptly, "To whom do these distracting thoughts arise?" That takes you back to the 'I' POINT promptly.
D: How long can the mind stay or be kept in the Heart?
Sri Bhagwan: THE  PERIOD  EXTENDS  BY  PRACTICE.
D: What happens at the end of the period?
Sri Bhagwan: The mind returns to the present normal state. Unity in the Heart is replaced by variety of phenomena perceived. This is called the out-going mind. THE  HEART-GOING  MIND  IS  CALLED  THE  RESTING  MIND.
D: Is this process merely intellectual or does it exhibit feeling predominantly?
Sri Bhagwan: The latter.
D: How do all thoughts cease when the mind is in the Heart?
Sri Bhagwan: By force of the will, with strong faith in the truth of the Master's teaching to that effect.
D: What is the good of this process?
Sri Bhagwan:
a. Conquest of the will--development of concentration.
b. Conquest of passions--development of dispassion.
c. Increased practice of virtue--equality to all.
D: Why should one adopt this self-hypnotism by thinking on the unthinkable point? Why not adopt other methods like gazing into light, holding the breath, hearing music, hearing internal sounds, repetition of the sacred syllable or other mantras?
Sri Bhagwan: Light-gazing stupefies the mind and produces catalepsy of the will for the time being, yet secures no permanent benefit. Breath control benumbs the will for the time being only. Sound-hearing produces similar results--unless the mantra is sacred and secures the help of a higher power to purify and raise thoughts.

Dear devotees, above conversation authenticates and strengthens our understanding and insight that the Self-enquiry, as taught by Sri Bhagwan, is itself capable of enabling the seekers to conquer the will and passions and confer all the virtues required for the sadhana of the Atma-vichara; and thus this sadhana itself brings about the purification of the mind or the chitta-sudhi, necessary to abide in the Self, as the Self.
This is why Sri Bhagwan has taught that as the practice of the Enquiry progresses, vasanas go on depleting , and consequently, the mind's ability to stay in the Heart or the Self goes on extending corresponding to the destruction of the vasanas thus achieved.

Dear devotees, yes, we need to return to the Self or the Atma-swarupa as often as the Unity in the Heart is replaced by variety of phenomena and objects perceived and thought. THE   PROMPT   QUESTION   "TO   WHOM   DO   THESE   DISTRACTING   THOUGHTS  ARISE?"  WOULD   TAKE   US   BACK   TO   THE   'I'  POINT   PROMPTLY.     

Thanks very much.
  Pranam,
    Anil

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:55:52 AM by eranilkumarsinha »