Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 772153 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3660 on: March 08, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
A Chief Engineer of Railways from North India: I am a beginner in meditation. I pray Bhagwan to guide me. You exhort us to go on enquiring 'Who am I?' May I know where it will lead me?
Sri Bhagwan : It is not mere asking; you must go into the meaning of it. Many meditate on certain centres in the body till they merge in them, but sooner or later they will have to enquire into their own nature, which is unavoidable. Then why not straightaway concentrate on yourself till you merge in its source?

Dear Devotees,

Yes, if the Goal is Self-realisation, and not mere speculation,  WHY  SHOULD  WE  NOT  CONCENTRATE  ON  OURSELVES  STRAIGHTAWAY  TILL  WE  MERGE  IN  OUR  SOURCE?

Sri Bhagwan has taught that our AIM must be to reach the root of the 'I'-sense, through constant suppression of the mental processes.  But constant suppression of the mental processes do not mean however that we need to prevent other thoughts (thoughts that are associated with the 'I'-thought) forcibly. We, by now, understand that the moment the 'I'-thought rises on waking, all other thoughts rush out spontaneously only then. When there is no 'I'-thought, there is no other thoughts, as in sleep.

Therefore, Sri Bhagwan taught that the wisest thing to do is to catch hold of this leading thought, that is, the 'I'-thought, and dissect it--who and what it is--giving thereby no chance or opportunity to other thoughts to rise and distract us.  If we discern and hold the 'I'-thought, other thoughts are sure to die of their own accord for want of attention.  THEREIN  LIES  THE  TRUE  VALUE    OF  THE  VICHARA  AND  ITS  EFFICACY  IN  MIND  CONTROL.

Besides, dear devotees, in my knowledge, such radical but perfect method to control the mind was never taught in the annals of spiritual history.  And we  must remember that Yoga is after all nothing but the nirodha (control) of the vritti of the chitta ( modification of the mind).

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:23:36 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 08, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
Dear Sri Graham,

I have encountered a problem during posting in the current forum. Inverted commas ( ' )and dashes (--) are getting converted into signs of interrogation (?) during posting. Can something about this be done, or is it that I alone am facing this problem? Kindly tell me the reason.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
   Anil
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:47:35 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 08, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »
                          EGOMANIA

It would be good if one could write a perfect verse
Of Truth; a poem which expresses the reverse
Of falsity and illusion. Man is trapped in delusion,
Vast populations dwell in chronic confusion,
 Because of a dire disease called egomania,
Stretching from Greenland right down to Australia.

Symptoms of egomania obscure Real Being,
The Knowledge of True Self without really feeling,
The pure bliss of consciousness awareness grace;
Realising 'That' as one's own original face,
Not the one we see in the silvered looking glass,
That idolatry is one through which we pass.

The way to achieve this more blessed sacred state,
Is by Self Enquiry, before it is too late.
We enquire within through attention 'Who am I?',
And persist resolutely before we die.
Then the perfect Poem is unveiled, to be only you,
Ones own pure loving Self, and 'That' alone is true.
Sri Alan Jacobs
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:14:05 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 09, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »
                                        "BE  STILL  AND  KNOW  THAT  I  AM  GOD."

Dear Devotees,

So  STILLNESS is our aim. For, we have learnt that the thoughts alone form the obstacle to gaining the stillness of sleep. So much so that Sri Bhagwan has taught that even a single effort to still at least a single thought even for a trice goes a long way to reach the state of Stillness or Quiescence. Thus thoughts are stilled and the perfect peace of deep sleep is gained. That is the State of Godhood or the Jnani.

"Isvaro gururatmeti", that is, the Self is God and Guru.

Dear devotees,  Arunachala Bhagwan Sri Ramana has taught unequivocally that God, Guru and the Self are only the SEEMING  STAGES  in the Realisation of  the Truth.

What do we seek all the time in each and every activity of ours? Happiness is what we seek all the time in all our activities. Therefore, first, a person seeks happiness and gradually learns that God alone can make him happy. So, he prays to God and worships Him for happiness. So far, God is an objective Entity for him. However, God hears his prayers, and responds by appearing in human form as the Guru or the Master. God appears as Guru or the Master in order only to speak in the language of devotees themselves.  Hence the appearance of the  Guru is the second stage in the Realisation of the Reality.  The Guru or the Master makes His devotees understand the Reality. GURU  IS  THUS  GOD  MANIFEST  AS  HUMAN  BEING.  Sri Bhagwan has taught that the Guru gives out His Experience so that His devotees might be able to gain 'It' also.  And what is His Experience? HIS  EXPERIENCE  IS  TO  ABIDE  AS  THE  SELF. The Self is within. Thus, one understands ultimately what exactly he seeks. AND  ONCE  WE  HAVE  UNDERSTOOD  WITHOUT  DOUBT  WHAT  WE  SEEK,  ATMA VICHARA  HAS  ALREADY  BEGUN.  Sri  Bhagwan has taught that once we have found what we seek, Vichara or the Enquiry also ceases and we rest in 'It'.  This is the third and the final stage in the Realisation of the Truth.

Dear devotees, we all are aware here, at least members and guests, that as long as we confuse the body with the Self,  THE  SELF  IS  SAID  TO  BE  LOST  AND  WE  ARE  SUPPOSED  TO  SEEK  IT. But the Self is Ever- Existing, never non-existing. So long as the fleshy body and the 'indriyas' are mistaken to be the Self, THERE  IS  THE JIVATMA (CREATURES SUCH AS HUMAN BEINGS) AND PARMATMA (GOD), AND  MY GOODNESS! WHAT NOT!

Therefore, dear devotees,  all our search for God, Guru or the Self is indeed the search for 'That' which Is.  THAT  IS  GOD  AS  BE-ING. Bible teaches:  "I AM THAT I AM". Sri Bhagwan teaches "'I AM' IS GOD, OR SIVA."

Sri Bhagwan cautions that we should not expect to have VISIONS of God repeated.
Sri Bhagwan : "Do not expect to have visions of Him repeated. What is the difference between the objects you see and Siva? HE  IS  BOTH  THE  SUBJECT  AND  THE  OBJECT."

Dear devotees, I found, years ago, a great clue in the above sacred Utterance of Sri Bhagwan.   

Let us suppose that we have a vision of Siva or God. But then, this vision cannot be true God or Siva. Why? THIS  VISION  CANNOT  BE  GOD  OR  SIVA  BECAUSE  THIS  VISION  IS  WITHIN  THE  COMPASS OF  OUR  OWN  VISION.  Any vision is a mere thought.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil                         
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:00:09 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 09, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
                       I  AM  THAT  I AM

God spoke to Moses midst thorns of cracking fire,
He told him 'I AM THAT I AM', that's my sacred name.
King David chanted psalms and strummed upon his lyre,
He said 'Be still and know that I am God, they're just the
same'.

I AM THAT is stated by the great Advaita sages,
Who've recognised the Truth throughout the many ages.
Consciousness-Awareness, free from vain tendencies and pure,
Is that 'I AM'; the key to Jnana which always must endure.
So Hebrew prophets and Hindu Sages all agree,
To rest in one's I  AMNESS is the best way to be free!

Mohammad, great prophet of Allah, wisely said,
'God is closer than one's breathing, hands and feet'.
If one remembers 'THAT  I  AM', then one is quickly led,
To a life of wholeness, fulfilled and quite complete.   

Source: 108 Sonnets for Awakening by Sri Alan Jacobs

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:11:58 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 14, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »
Sri B. C. Das, the Physics Lecturer, asked: Yoga means union. I wonder union of which with which.
Sri Bhagwan : Exactly. Yoga implies prior division and it means later union of one with another. Who is to be united with whom? You are the seeker, seeking union with something. That something is apart from you. Your Self is intimate to you. You are aware of the Self. Seek it and be it. THAT  WILL  EXPAND  AS  THE  INFINITE.  Then there will be no question of yoga etc.    WHOSE  IS  THE  VIYOGA? Find it. 

Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan has taught that Sri Patanjali's first Yoga Sutra is valid for all systems of Yoga. Though the methods may differ, but the aim of all systems remains the same.  The aim is 'cessation of mental activities'.  Sri Bhagwan further taught that all our efforts aimed towards that aim, that is, cessation of mental activities, is Yoga. So long as we are making effort towards that goal, our effort is called Yoga. The effort towards the mental cessation therefore is the Yoga.
 However, mental cessation can be brought about in so many ways:

1. By questing or examining the mind itself. When the mind is examined or sought, its activities cease automatically. This is the method of Jnana. The Pure Mind is the Self.
2. Looking for the source of the mind is another method. The source may be said to be God or Self or Consciousness.
3. Concentrating upon one thought make all other thoughts disappear. Finally that thought also disappears.
4. Hatha Yoga : Sri Bhagwan has enjoined that pranayama makes the mind steady and brings about cessation of mental activities.  However, Sri Bhagwan cautions that it is necessary to remain aware while controlling thoughts, else it will lead to sleep. AWARENESS  THEN  IS  ONE  NECESSARY  AND  ESSENTIAL  FACTOR.  For, such states can be triggered by morphia, chloroform, etc., also, but they cannot lead us to Jnana, because such states, triggered by alien substances, lack 'Awareness'.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan has taught that the sun path is Jnana, moon path is yoga, etc.
"Yogis think that after purifying 12, 000 nadis in the body, the sushumna is entered and the mind passes up to the sahasrara chakra and there is nectar trickling. These are all mental concepts."

AND  THE  MIND,  DEAR  DEVOTEES, IS ALREADY  OVERWHELMED  BY THE  WORLD  OF  CONCEPTS. Is it not? Therefore, we add only fresh concepts in the shape of various yogas.

Sri Bhagwan: The object of all these is to rid the man of concepts, to make him inhere as the pure Self, i.e. Absolute Consciousness, bereft of thoughts! WHY  NOT  GO  STRAIGHT  FOR  IT? WHY ADD NEW  ENCUMBRANCES  TO  THE  ALREADY  EXISTING  ONE?

Thus, Sri Bhagwan has plainly taught  that 'OURSELVES'  is  most  intimate  to  us. If Goal is Self-realisation, why add new ones to overwhelming concepts that we have already encumbered? Therefore, going straight to it is wisdom. If one cannot, then that is a different matter. But who cannot? 'I cannot' is merely a thought, thought is mind's or the ego's. Ego or the mind will do all it can to escape the 'death sentence' and thus try to prolong its longevity.  WE  NEED  TO  BE  WARY.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil                   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:11:40 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 14, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »
                 AHAD

Before the beginning He was,
Beyond the ending He is,
Hidden in the heart of man,
Flared forth in a myriad stars and a bird's song.

Unchanged and unbegun,
Unfellowed, He, the One,
The All He is, the Alone,
Otherness but a dream gone on too long.   
Sri Arthur Osborne

Dear devotees, otherness  is but a dream which has gone on too long. Is it not high time yet to dive within, as Sri Bhagwan taught, and seek the Oneness of Being?

Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:23:32 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 15, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
the grace-bestowing noble Ramana
who ruled us through His Compassion
even though we had not learned
to earnestly perform devotion to Him,

the form of the Guru,
bestower of the knowledge of the real
who drives out the mental delusion
of those who fix feet within their heart
and meditate upon them,

the Sun of the Self,  true jewel of my eye
that is totally void of mental concepts
such that the mind cannot enquire into it.
Sri Muruganar, Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam 

Dear Devotees,

I wish to contemplate and meditate on some of the wonderful verses contained in Sri Muruganar's great work 'Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam'. 'Sri Ramana Anubhuti, Part one', which was later named 'Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam', is said to have been composed when the Divine Poet became acutely aware that the sojourn of his Beloved Master on this earth was coming to an end. In the 'Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam', Sri Muruganar expresses his profound love and gratitude for his Beloved Sadguru in a lyrical outpouring of praise which is indeed deeply moving and remains unequalled:

18. Instruction to the people of the world (enquiry)
The enquiry that leads to true jnana:

552. Know that the method of teaching which goes straight to the heart is that of self-enquiry. When the question is asked, "Who in reality is this flawed 'I' ?", the truth is revealed in a sudden inward illumination, like sunlight flashing in crystal.

556. Taking refuse within the heart, all conditional awareness will be eradicated. Thus the  knowledge of the Real, the summit of the Vedas, will illuminate the Cave of the Heart like the rising sun at dawn, shining forth as 'I-I'.

559. 'Who am I?' is the source of all acts of questioning. If in stillness we direct our attention inward to the place of its rising, so that its truth is known, the dispute that gave rise to the question will be ended completely.

582.The soul is nothing other than the Siva lingam itself. It is a grievous error for those who are unable to concentrate their attention and realise this through the subtle awareness that enters the heart and asks, 'Who am I?' to wail and lament as if they were sinners.

583. Those who pursue the enquiry 'Who am I?' until the last vestige of identification with the physical body is eradicated from their hearts will gain the treasure that, like the sky itself, pervades all things as the Self, Sadasiva, shining as itself alone.

584. The correct expiation for living beings who feel they have erred is to abide steadfastly in the reality of the Heart, the unwritten lore of the Vedas, through the self-enquiry that asks, 'For whom in the sin?'

Pranam,
  Anil     

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:12:15 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 16, 2014, 02:38:26 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Ramana Anubhutu (Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam) is not merely the Poet's work of praise and devotion to his Beloved Guru, but it also expresses the ways in which the Realisation, bestowed due to Sri Bhagwan's Grace, transformed and subsumed Sri Muruganar's existence.  The work also eloquently evokes the experience of the great Devotee and the Poet who embarks on the journey to discover his Atma-Swarupa.

This post is inspired by an article named 'A Devotee's Journey', written by Sri Robert Butler, and which was published in the Mountain Path, a few years back.

As with the vast majority of spiritual seekers, Sri Muruganar's journey begins with a sense of dissatisfaction with his orientation towards worldly goals and ideals:
I was a learned fool. My flawed mind knew nothing until I
came to dwell with him whose glance filled my heart with the
light of awareness. Dwelling in that gracious state of peace whose
nature is mauna, so hard to gain and know, I entered into union
with the deathless state of the knowledge of reality.
V. 58, Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam

Sri Muruganar was to discover, spiritual knowledge is as much, or more, a question of un-learning than it is of learning:
Learned though I was, that unique nature wherein I appeared
an untutored simpleton who uses a mark to sign his name,
became my own.
V. 387, S G R P(Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam)

Sri Muruganar makes it clear that one should not assume that the spiritual knowledge is a free good which is dispensed at will by the Guru. The disciple must play his part also. One may argue that realisation is not possible without a teacher, but there can be little doubt that the grace of even an enlightened guru cannot benefit one who is incapable or unwilling to apply himself or herself to the task:
I nurtured the crop of divine love by enriching the field of my
heart with the manure of firm resolution and ploughing it
well, plucking out the weeds of false ideas as they arose, watering
it with grace and erecting the fence of unflagging Self-enquiry.
Thus I came to taste the bliss of Lord Siva.
V. 500, SGRP

Sri Muruganar explains how the mind, when left to its own devices, operates as a self-serving mechanism that will propagate its own existence by identifying itself with the objects that it encounters through the senses:
The nature of vasanas [inherited dispositions] is such that we take
them to be ourselves. This propensity of the mind [to identify with
the objects of habit and desire] is like that of bees that instinctively
rise up and rush towards nectar the moment they see it.
V. 561, SGRP

Identification with the mind is the cause of 'pramada', the act of forgetting of one's Swarupa:
Those who through the mental error of pramada- the forgetting
of one's true nature - go about taking that which is other than
consciousness to be the 'I', will go mad and meet their ruin.
Locked in the prison of birth engendered by their deeds, their
existence will be a sad and weary one.
V. 479, SGRP

CLEARLY  THEN  THE  MIND  SHOULD  NOT  BE  TRUSTED:

To realise through investigation that the nature [of reality] is
beyond the reach of thought, and to slough off that treacherous
mental imagination, making the heart our permanent place of abode
- that indeed is the pellucid state of supreme jnana.
V. 563, SGRP

HOW  THIS  TRECHEROUS  MENTAL  IMAGINATION  IS  TO  BE  ELIMINATED,  IF  THE  MIND  CANNOT  BE  TRUSTED?  In the section of the book entitled, The Enquiry that Leads to True Jnana, Sri Muruganar speaks of how this might be achieved, employing the method of the ATMA-VICHARA, as advocated by Sri Bhagwan Himself.

The network of thoughts that fills the mind branches out from
the perception 'I am the body'. The proper course of action is
to ask the question, "What is the place in which this 'I am the
body' idea has its source", and thus reach and become established
within the heart.
V. 551, SGRP

In Sri Bhagavan's radiant Presence, however, Sri Muruganar had no need of any such tools to accomplish the task of controlling the mind and senses, as evidenced by the large number of verses that give us some idea of what it must have been like simply to be in that Presence:

He who nurtures all things within his own Self through the
power of his consciousness eclipsed my own self 's firefly glimmer
with the blazing sun of his Grace. The illusory world of the senses,
created by the lustful mind's teeming desires, disappeared
completely and as I came to dwell at my spiritual centre, a state
of equanimity reigned within my heart.
V.116, SGRP

Sri Muruganar's evocations of Sri Bhagavan as the living exemplar of the Supreme Reality - That which alone is - are unparalleled:
Through the joyous power of the true love that took as its goal
the feet of my Guru, a life lived in the vast space of the Self that
shines fearlessly within the heart burgeoned forth within me, as
the unfailing awareness that is mauna grew stronger and stronger.
Birth's suffering was abolished and my eye became fearless as I
obtained the vision of grace.
V. 5, SGRP
He entered my heart, imparting the state of supreme bliss upon
which it is delightful to dwell. Grace flowed sweetly from him
as he filled me with the richness of mauna, the beauteous life of
Sivam that is the experience of the knowledge of the Self. My eyes' jewel, He stood granting me the vision of the Real that was
sweet to my sight.
V.6, SGRP

These verses, though, are not evidence of a blind devotion which absolves the devotee of any responsibility for his own salvation. In Muruganar there is no question of a conflict between the paths of bhakti, devotion, and jnana, enquiry. Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam shows them to be entirely convergent and interchangeable, as evidenced by the following:

I show my deep gratitude to Him who brought about his
victorious rule within my heart by maintaining self-attention
without a break. There is no other way than this. Benedictions
upon the glorious Self that shines alone within the Heart through
the non-dual truth of its Self-nature!
V.409, SGRP

I cannot remain separate from my Lord! When his transcendent
reality pursues me far and stands revealed as my own nature,
how can I leave and be separated from my lover, the Self, the
consciousness that shines in the heart?
V.33,SGRP

ANTICS OF THE MIND WILL FINALLY COME TO AN END ONLY THROUGH A COMBINATION OF INTENSE DEVOTION AND ENQUIRY:
If the nature of the mind is closely investigated, the mind will
be resolved into consciousness, and give way to the mauna of
final liberation in the unalloyed clarity of the Self.
V.558, SGRP

This however is a process that has a final twist. It is the person making the journey that must end, not the journey itself:
I saw him as the wise One with the power to destroy the effects
of my deeds; little did I realise then that he would destroy me as
 well! With a love greater even than that of a mother, He put an
end to me, deeming it most beneficial for me.
V. 462, SGRP

The loss of the ego-self is a terrifying prospect indeed for the unenlightened devotee. Srimati T. R. Kanakamma records in her Tamil biography of Sri Muruganar how, on the occasion of two of his early visits to the Ashram, he felt compelled to flee the Presence of Sri Bhagavan due the intense fear he felt, as Sri Bhagavan's physical form became incandescent with light and the world around Sri Muruganar and his own sense of identity melted away. To step into the seeming void beyond the mind and senses requires a leap of faith:

Know that those glorious feet which lie beyond the realm of
thought are perceived differently according to the minds that
reflect upon them. To those who affirm their reality, they are
the light of the eternal, and to those who deny it, they are the
dark void of nothingness.
V.595, SGRP

Such, Sri Muruganar tells us, is the paradox of the devotee's arduous journey:
They are the feet that cannot be gained without the loss of the
very self that set out to attain them in the first place through its
own efforts.
V. 852, SGRP

Sri Muruganar's verses show us how, having prepared himself through the assiduous application of Self-enquiry, he was able, through the power of love and devotion, to make that final leap of faith, and allow the knot of the mind that bound him to his physical body to be finally and irrevocably severed:

The Noble Lord, who dwells in the auspicious mauna that shines
as the life of transcendent Grace, took my very heart for his
temple. As He cut through the knot [chit-jada-granthi] that heart
grew and grew, expanding and blossoming to become the pure
expanse [of the Self ].
V. 110, SGRP

Pranam,
 Anil

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:06:22 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 16, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Dr. Sarada:

Grace is the pulsating awareness of Bhagvan's Presence. It may be that we feel His presence when a prayer is fulfilled. We may experience it in the sweetness of His Name  and Form or just the blooming of a flower, the rainbow spray of a waterfall. THAT  MOMENT  WHEN  HIS  PRESENCE  IS  AN  EXPEREINCED  REALITY  IS  THE  MOMENT  OF  GRACE. It is like the first overwhelming glimpse of a snow-caressed Himalayan range, cool-lit by the moon. It has the overpowering majesty of the silent mountains and tender love of the soft, blue-white snow.   

For, GRACE  EXPEREINCED  IS  THE  SELF  SAVOURED. Grace and the Self are the same force of Powerful Peace. And the Sadguru, as the throbbing luminosity of the Self within us, draws us to Himself through Grace.

Some may wonder how Grace and the practice of self-enquiry are interlinked. But the very understanding of the unity of Grace and the Self makes apparent its absolute necessity in the Self-ward way. The bliss of the Self is known to us only in the recollected peace of deep sleep. But Grace is a waking joy. Thus, it provides us with a conscious glimpse of the Self. And this opiate taste of vibrant awareness tempts us to plunge within repeatedly, away from the habitually externalised lures of the mind. It recharges our quest with renewed vigour.

BHAGAVAN  EXPLAINS  THAT  GRACE  AND  SELF-ENQUIRY  INTERACT. The very attitude of enquiry is a result of Grace, of the magnetic pull of the Self. And self-enquiry, in turn, reopens the flood-gates of Grace. But in moments of despondency, when all effort seems futile, it is to Grace we must turn. There sometimes arise, in the Self-ward path, problems special to the individual which no book or knowledge of the spiritual methodology can solve. Turning to Grace is the only refuge. At such times when we consciously turn to it, and at many moments when we do not even do so, Grace overwhelms with its ecstatic power. The operation of Grace seems secret. Yet, what if we can never comprehend its mystery, it is enough, more than enough, to taste the eye-misting, bone-melting sweetness of its Glory.
Source: The Raman Way in search of Self   

Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:06:36 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 16, 2014, 05:30:19 PM »
The Lord is in me, the Lord is in you, as life is in every seed. O servant ! put false pride away, and seek for Him within you.
A million suns are ablaze with light, The sea of blue spreads in the sky, The fever of life is stilled, and all stains are washed away ; when I sit in the midst of that world.
Hark to the unstruck bells and drums !
Take your delight in love ! Rains pour down without water, and
the rivers are streams of light. One Love it is that pervades the whole
world, few there are who know it
fully :
They are blind who hope to see it by the light of reason, that reason which is the cause of separation
The House of Reason is very far away !
How blessed is Kabir, that amidst
this great joy he sings within his
own vessel. It is the music of the meeting of soul
with soul ; It is the music of the forgetting of
sorrows ; It is the music that transcends all
coming in and all going forth.

Sage Sri Kabir, translated by Sri Rabindranath Tagore

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 17, 2014, 01:37:25 AM »

The ocean of goodness beyond all characteristics,
The righteous one in the eyes of the wise.
He is the syrup of sweetness. His form is the unity of the individual
And the Supreme Self, Ramana Sat-Guru!

For devotees bowing down in devotion,
He grants the Knowledge that reveals the shore of Liberation;
The one who hoists the flag announcing it
Is Ramana Sat-Guru!

Destroy the spectre of my mind
Struggling in the open jaws of the senses with their evil ways.
Make me your own,
Ramana Sat-Guru!

With the sword of pure knowledge
Strike down the cruel demon of ignorance,
Now ruling as ego in the body,
O Self-effulgent Gem! Ramana Sat-Guru!

Sri Ramana, the delight of the Solar Race,
Illustrious Brahma on the lotus, Siva with His deer and spear,
Kumaradeva of great tapas,
All these are our Ramana Sat-Guru!

Praise to you, blessed Being within the sanctuary of my heart!
Praised be your Face! Praised be your Heart!
Praised be your Feet,
Lord Ramana Sat-Guru!

Please place your feet on the head of Venkataramayyar,
Who stands praying fervently before you,
Singing your praises which taste nectar-sweet to his tongue,
Ramana Sat-Guru!

Part of the SRI RAMANA SATGURU

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 17, 2014, 08:35:33 AM »
Sri Bhagwan: After the expulsion of name and form (nama-rupa) which compose the external world, and by dwelling on Existence-Consciousness-Bliss (Sat-Chit-Ananda), take care to prevent the re-entry   into the mind of the expelled name and form.

Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan's Teaching of the Atma-Vichara is so very sublime, and yet rational, to suit the modern minds. The 'I' is always there.  There is no knowing It. But, seemingly, there is an obstruction to Its knowledge called ignorance.  If we remove it by Enquiry, the Self being always Self-evident will shine of Itself. However, ignorance or knowledge is not for the True 'I'; they are overgrowths to be cleared. The fact is that all the while we are knowing the Self. HOW  CAN  THE  SELF  NOT  KNOW  THE  SELF? IT  IS  IMPOSSIBLE.  ONLY, WE,  THE  SELF  HAVE  GOT  INTO  THE  HABIT  OF  THINKING  OR  IMAGINING  THAT  WE  ARE  A  THIRD  THING. THEREFORE,  SRI  BAHGWAN  HAS  TAUGHT   THAT  WHAT  IS  TO  BE  DONE  IS  ONLY  TO  GET  RID  OF  THE  WRONG  NOTION  OF  THE  SELF. 

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan has driven the point home that we, as we know ourselves in the relative world, are all UNNATURAL. Meditation on Self alone is our Natural State, the mind resting in the Self is its natural state, but problem is instead of that our minds are resting in outward objects seeking pleasure. But pain as well as pleasure has no reference to our 'Truth', but only to mental conceptions.  If we kill the personality or do way with the individuality, by Enquiry as taught, there is no pain or pleasure, ONLY  THE  NATURAL  AND  SPONTANEOUS  BLLISS  PERSISTS  ETERNALLY.

If the Goal of life is the Self-realisation, conscious death therefore is the purpose of all  creation and evolution.  Conscious death implies conscious immortality. Does it not?

Besides, all this is Leela, a divine Play, His jugglery, for, what for are we here? What are we, all devotees or sadhakas, doing here? WHAT   POWER  BROUGHT  US  ALL  HERE? Truth is that the Self is gradually drawing us to Itself, though we imagine we are seeking It of our own accord, our own volition. The Self is like a powerful hidden magnet. And Sri Bhagwan has also assured that if we come near enough to It by Enquiry or meditation on the Self, the Self or 'I' puts an end to our other activities, makes us still, and then swallows up our personal current or the little self, and thus destroys our personality or the individuality. We may think that we are doing Enquiry or meditating upon the Self, and developing as devotees, but the truth is that the SELF-MAGNET is pulling us as iron fillings towards Itself.   Is it not?

Dear devotees, we all are here because our own Self has overwhelmed our mind and intellect and is flooding  our whole being  and suffusing with nectarine awareness of our 'being'. THEREFORE,  IN  TRUTH,  THE  PROCESS OF  FINDING  THE  SELF  THROUGH  ENQUIRY  IS  A  FORM  OF  DIVINE  MAGNETISM.

Thanks very much.
 Pranam,
  Anil   

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:39:09 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 17, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
                                            Awake! Arise! Seek the Great One
                                                      Sri Ramana, the Great,
                                              Taste the bread of life at His hands,
                                                         And obtain wisdom.
                                                              OM  TAT  SAT

Dear Devotees,

This (as above) is how Sri Ramananda Swarnagiri concludes his famous booklet 'Crumbs from His Table'.  He writes beautifully in  the concluding passages of the same booklet thus:

Sri Bhagwan, having become one with the Absolute, His one repeated insistence is to realise the Self. With Him "To love God is to realise Him". Realisation is parabhakti. Realisation that God and Self are one would certainly lead to realisation of the universality of the soul and remove all hatred, jealousy, war and what not. But before realising this and conforming to His greatest teaching, it would be useless, nay injurious, to think and talk about minor details pertaining to the ordinary workaday world. If one misses the central theme of His teaching, which is the same as any great prophet's teaching but made more plain, brief and straightforward, we miss the uniquie revelation of the Master, born anew and enriched by the Universe, Sri Ramana the Great.

It is obviously with a view to avoid jarring disputes and discussions that He disclaims any name, pronounces no dogmatic theories, calls on no one to worship any of the innumerable Gods of any religion: herein lies the affirmation of His enriched experience of the Self. A sannyasi came from somewhere near Madurai and asked Sri Bhagwan to put His name in a notebook intended to raise collections for a choultry or something g. He (Sri Bhagwan) asks, "What is my name?"
The Swami states: "Sri Ramana."
Sri Bhagwan: "You say so: I have no name."
Put whatever question you like--just as one friend asked what happens to life after death--and you get a  reply, 'What happens to whom?' 'Who  are you?' and 'Who dies?' 'You never die.'

The writer was late one day in getting up from bed and missed prostrating before Sri Bhagwan the first thing in the morning. He, however, met Him on his way to the bathing tank and prostrated before Him. Sri Bhagwan asked him, "Why? Why this prostration of one material body before another? Who prostrates? Before whom? There is no Guru, no disciple. Realise who you are." His one attempt would appear to be to always bring home to His questioners, devotees and disciples the central theme of His Realisation, namely the identity of God and Self.

Dear devotees, with Realisation of the Self happens the expansion of love.  Indeed, to love God is to realise Him. Realisation is Parabhakti, for God and the Self are One.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil         
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:51:48 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 17, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
With the sword of pure knowledge
Strike down the cruel demon of ignorance,
Now ruling as ego in the body,
O Self-effulgent Gem! Ramana Sat-Guru!

Praise to you, blessed Being within the sanctuary of my heart!
Praised be your Face! Praised be your Heart!
Praised be your Feet,
Lord Ramana Sat-Guru!

Dear Sri Jewell,
The moment I hear two sublime Words 'Ramana Sadguru', I go deeper and deeper within, until there is no 'within' or 'without', until there is only awareness without thoughts.  I realise on such occasions Sri Bhagwan's Teaching that 'knowing' always implies a subject and an object, whereas to be aware means  to be thought-free.  This is why I have made it a point that whenever I visit Sri Ramansramam, I should plan my stay in such a way that I must be present in the Ashram on  Saturday when the Divine Song 'Ramana Sadguru' is sung in the Samadhi Hall at around  7 P.M.

My dear friend, Sri Jewell, the Photograph posted by you is incidentally one of those Photographs of Sri Bhagwan which helped me develop my concentration initially. Therefore, I feel that posting of one of these special Photographs cannot be incidental, but verily is an Act of His Grace.

Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewell.   
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:44:50 PM by eranilkumarsinha »