Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758852 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3600 on: December 19, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
Quote from Sri Krishnan:
“It is true, one must be wary of such states of blankness and probe deeper. Until thoughts and states arise or exist, the mind still persists!”

Dear Sri Krishnan,

Yes, the mind still persists. Obviously, Guru’s Grace is showering on you. You have come to become food unto Him certainly, like so many of us even here in this Forum. Yes, we have not arrived yet, for the mind still persists, but there is no escape from over here. We have to take advantage of the quiescent state of the mind to probe still deeper till the seer is gone, as Sri Bhagwan has taught. Then only Awareness remains. Thus, all states are of the mind only, and knowing them as such, and pushing the Enquiry deeper, is the right way to get established at the Lotus Feet of the Guru, that is, the ‘I-I’ Consciousness.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Krishnan, for your well-wishes for my visit to Holy Sri Ramanasramam. I shall board the train to Bangalore in the evening today in Patna.

Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: December 19, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »
Dear Sri Jewell,

Thanks very much, dear friend, for posting the sublime poems of John of the Cross, Sri Rumi and Sri Yogananda.  The poems of John of the Cross and Sri Rumi are subtle and profound through which the faithful can even glimpse the Divine.  Sri Yogananda’s poem is mind melting and touches the heart deep within.

Dear friend, I would have liked to say a few words more on these sublime, beautiful poems, but I have got very little time in which to prepare for the long Journey and board the train in the evening today.  Although I caught mild cold in the neck three days back and there is still some pain there even after proper treatment and medication, all the same, I am proceeding with the programme I chalked out two months back. I have complete faith in Sri Bhagwan’s Grace and therefore I am only going where His Grace is taking me.

Thanks again, my dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: December 19, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »
Only he who does not know his true nature
Is a jiva subject to the characteristics
      of birth, death, and so on.
He who knows his true Self is one who is eternal,
He is pure, He is Siva. Without  doubt, know this.
 V. 17, Atma Sakshatkara

Hence, what men of discrimination should enquire
     into carefully
and directly realise is the Self
that itself shines two fold,
as the transcendental and the inferior divisions, the
gross and subtle.
V. 18, Atma Sakshatkara

‘This is the mantra’, ‘This is the Deity’,
‘This is indeed what is called meditation’,
‘This indeed is tapas’-
Casting afar all thoughts,
Concentrate on the nature of your own Self.
V. 35, Atma Sakshatkara

Dear Devotees,

Atma Sakshatkara? Sri Bhagwan  has taught that we are the Atma (Self) and that Sakshat also, and that too here and now !  AND  THERE  IS  NO  PLACE  FOR  ‘KARA’  (ACCOMPLISHMENT)  IN  IT. Therefore when a devotee asked from Sri Bhagwan what was the Atma Sakshatkara, Sri Bhagwan replied that the very raising of this question implies that he thought that he was the non-Self or he thought that there were two selves the one to realise the other. It is absurd. Questions and doubts do not arise in sleep but we are already fully convinced that certainly we did exist in sleep. But in the waking we think that we are the body, see bodies and things around  and WANT  TO  SEE  THE  SELF  IN  A  SIMILAR  MANNER. 

FORCE  OF  HABIT  IS  SO  STRONG.  But we are the Seer. Our senses are merely the instruments of perception. For perceiving things outside of ourselves. But we are the Seer.  IF  ONLY  WE  COULD  REMAIN  AS  THE  SEER  ONLY,  AND  ONLY  SEER. There is nothing else to see. Such is the state in the deep sleep. This is why questions and doubts do not arise then.       

Therefore, we are ourselves the Truth, or the Tattva. We must understand through sadhana that simply there is no one apart from one to know his Truth or the Tattva. THE  VERY  FACT  OF  MY  EXISTENCE  MAKES  ME  WRITE  ALL  THIS. Our very Existence is Truth, the Self or the Tattva. Therefore, the right thing to do is to give up the habiliments of the Self or the Tattva or the Existence and to remain in one’s Essential Nature. We must not waste our time and effort in non-Self or non-Truth or non-Existence or non-Tattva. If we give up the non-Tattva or the non-Self or non-Truth or that which do not exist, Sri Bhagwan has assured that ‘We’ always remain shining PURE and SINGLE.

D: I want to know my tattva and my duties.
Sri Bhagwan : Know your tattva first and then you may ask what your duties are.  You must exist in order to know and do your duty. Realise your existence and then enquire of your duties.

Note: dear devotees, this is the last post before my departure for a 16-days tour to South India including  3 or 4 days stay in Sri Ramanasramam. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:47:37 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: December 19, 2013, 07:14:55 PM »
Dear Anilji,

Have a safe trip. Hope you get to see some of the beautiful temples.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: December 20, 2013, 12:40:22 AM »
Dear Sri Anil,

My dear friend,i wish You beautiful,beautiful time at our Home and with our Father and Lord.
I hope and wish You will feel better and healthy soon!

Have a pleasant and safe journey,dear Sri Anil!

And enjoy! Hurray! :)

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
His eyes are not eyes.
They are the essence
of perfect god light, streaming
past all of creation,
merged with eternity.
They are married to The Secret,
God’s exquisite kiss.
They are the chalice
that can speak
a thousand languages
in one whisper of silence.
They are galaxies of liquid,
Disembodied.
They are the fire
That can free you and transport you
into Love’s ecstatic bliss.
Mountain Path 

Dear Sri Jewell, Sri latha ji, and devotees,

Happy New Year and heart-felt thanks for your well-wishes!  Yes, I returned to my worldly home in Patna, Bihar, on 5.1.14, as planned, from a 16 days tour to South India. I reached Bangalore on 21.12.13, but as I alighted from the train, I felt severe pain below the waist in the legs, due to exposure to cold that I suffered just before departure. So, I wrote to Sri Ramanasramam and even talked to Dr. Sri Murty that I was unable to visit the Asramam on 23. 12.13 because of my precarious health condition, and that I wished to visit after my health condition improved and I was able to sit and walk with ease. The Ashramam mailed back to undergo treatment in Bangalore and visit It when my health condition improved, and Dr. Sri Murty, who has always been so gracious to me, consoled and assured me that I would be alright and asked me to visit the Asramam when I got well. 

Dear friends,  I miraculously recovered by 24.12.13, not by the single pill that I took, but due to  His Grace and Grace alone that enabled me finally to visit Sri Ramanasramam on 25.12.13. During all these testing times I realised that His Grace was with me and all the ordeal that I was going through was for the test of my endurance and perseverance, and therefore remained completely assured that I had been called and nothing could come in my way from visiting the Holy Abode. 

I reached the Ashram on 25.12. 13 just at noon and stayed in M-26 in Mourvi Guest House, which has undergone a great face-lift in recent times.

Dear friends, as soon as I reached Sri Arunachala and touched the Sacred Soil of Sri Ramanasramam, thinking almost ceased and only thoughts that enabled me to conduct myself in the Ashram remained, and that too only on the periphery of my consciousness.

Dear friends, His Presence is so palpable everywhere in the Asramam! And His Presence is so real in the Samadhi Hall, Old Hall and in the Mother’s Temple that it never occurred to me to go anywhere else and I felt as if I had been anchored here. Ironically, my previous incapacitation helped by curtailing my movement, and I remained soaked in His Presence, totally at peace with myself, and experiencing His munificent Grace abundantly, without doubt whatever. However, on 26.12.13, I visited the Great Temple and worshipped at the Altar of the Lord’s and Mother’s Temples, and then even performed Giri-Pradakshina of the Holy Hill by an auto-rickshaw. During previous visits I had performed pradakshina bare-footed.

Dear friends, pull of the Samadhi Hall, Old Hall and the Mother’s Shrine was so great and compelling that I did not wish to go anywhere else and I found myself remaining glued to these extraordinarily Powerful Centres of Pure Awareness and Great Spiritual Awakening, all the time during my stay from 25.12.13 to 29. 12.13 in Sri Ramanasramam.

I purchased the diary, calendar, and a few books, namely, Conscious Immortality by Sri Paul Brunton, which the Asramam decided to publish after, as I gather, with great deliberation, and after deciding that this book would be helpful to Sri Bhagwan’s devotees. I also purchased a few photographs and collected my copies of the Mountain Path and that was all. During my stay I hardly had talk with anybody except a few words with gracious Dr. Sri Murty and the Epitome of Humility, the President. 

Dear friends, thus I have the Darshana of the Sadguru which I feel deeply is the Way to the ultimate Darshana of the Formless Reality, that is,  the Atma-Swarupa and Existence-Consciousness, in which I am certain would be lifted the last veil and all duality at long last would be transcended.   

I returned to Bangalore on 29.12.13 after taking breakfast in the Ashram, boarded the train on 3.5.14 and finally returned to my worldly place in Patna on 5.12.14, but with a totally changed outlook.

Thanks very much, dear friend Sri Jewell, sri latha ji and devotees.
Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:28:27 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: January 07, 2014, 09:46:29 AM »
Dear anil,

Nice to see your post on Sri Ramanasramam visit.  It is always an enjoyable experience and one with Bhagavan's grace
would overcome all medicines that have been taken for some sickness/ ailment.  It is wonderful that you have come all
the way from Patna to seek Sri Bhagavan's Grace. 

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: January 11, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji, Yes. Thanks very much, Sir. I wish to only say that I would have travelled to any place on the earth, and from where ever my Atma, the Self or the Guru or God, or Sri Arunachala would have beckoned me. 

Thanks very much once again,Sir.

Pranam,
  Anil

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: January 11, 2014, 03:36:16 PM »
Dear  Anil

Very nice description about your Thiruvannamalai visit . I have seen the great service  of  Dr. Srinivasa Murthy during Kumbabishekam 2013.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: January 11, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
Anil,
Happy to read about your visit to Sri Ramanasramam and your recovery.
Namaskar.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: January 12, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi and Sri Bala ji,

Thanks very much, Sir, for your kind appreciation.
Dear Sri Bala Ji,  I was filled with joy to see 'Sri Bhagwan with the white peacock.' I have downloaded and saved it. Thanks very much.

Pranam,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: January 12, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »
Dear Devotees,

There is no doubt that with the perseverance and practice of the profound Path of Self-enquiry, one can attune to and concentrate on the sense of one’s being, mere being. We are not normally aware of the breathing, of the air going in and going out. But just as we become aware of the breathing when we attend to or focus and concentrate on it, without thinking about breathing, but nevertheless simply consciously being aware of it, so also, when we attend to and concentrate on ‘I’-ness, we can feel the sense of ‘being’, this Pure ‘I am’, without thinking. Thus, with practice one can just consciously be, and this is the non-dual state, for it is neither ‘me’ nor not ‘me’. There is neither division among people and objects nor united with them. It simply is, just pure and simple Consciousness. While in this state, one cannot even say that one is aware of It, for there is no one separate from It to say that one is aware or conscious of It. I am It and It is ‘Me’. There is no individuality in this all-encompassing state and therefore there are no care and anxiety and there is only the Experience of Bliss, without the experiencer. It is not possible to say all these things about the experience while this state lasts, for there is no one to bother. Only when one is out of It and one looks back in recollection that one is able to say something about the Experience. However, when one recollects, one also realises that this state was devoid of thinking, and all cognition, that is, seeing, hearing, etc., happened without encroaching upon and disturbing ‘one’ (‘Us’) in any way.

Dear devotees, this mere being, pure and simple is the Self which we have forgotten and requires meditation to realise It.

But we also feel ourselves as individuals, separate from all others. Do we not? Therefore, we can experience our being either as the apparent ego or the individual and as the true Self. For feeling ourselves as this seeming ego or the individual, no practice, no concentration upon it is required, for in this present state of ignorance we are accustomed to feel ourselves as this seeming ego, as individuals. The state of the Self is the state of Bliss and Serenity, where as the seeming petty ego-life is always subject to anger, jealousy, hatred, frustration and all kinds of unending suffering. This is why Sri Bhagwan and all Sages taught, “KNOW THYSELF FIRST.” This is why all spiritual teachings exhort and guide us to reject the ego and realise the Self. Do they not? And in truth, as we are aware, rejection of the ego and realisation of the Self are one and the same. 

Dear devotees, to say that the ego does not exist at all or that the ego is merely an illusion and that there is only the Self does not absolve us in any way from our obligation to endeavour and making effort to get rid of this apparent ego-sense.  IT  IS  USELESS  TO  SAY  THAT  THERE  IS  NO  EGO  AND  BEHAVING  AS  THOUGH  THERE  IS.

In fact, it is living, acting and behaving as though there is an ego that is preventing us from discerning and realising that there is none. IN FACT, IT IS BEHAVING  AS THOUGH THERE IS AN EGO THAT IS PREVENTING US FROM GETTING RID OF IT AND REALISING THE SELF. 

Dear devotees, fact remains that even though we are plagued by this ego-self, even though we are frustrated and insecure, even though we are driven to  abysmal low, only few have the light and determination to seek to renounce the ego-sense for once and all and realise the Self. This is a great  mystery indeed ! FOR EGO-FREE STATE ALONE IS THE NATURAL STATE. IT IS WHAT I BY NATURE AM.  It is the Immortal State, free from all cares and anxieties, and we all know intuitively that it is so. Do we not? However, if at all an empirical testimony is needed, it can be found by the examples of the liberated, for a Sage is immersed in Bliss whatever the apparent external circumstances as seen by onlookers.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:29:17 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: January 12, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
     THE RISHIS

Divinity supreme !
It was the voice of India,
sounding in the solemn tone of thunder
from the shadows of her ancient ashramas,
that proclaimed Thee
the One integral Godhead,
infinite and eternal,
pervading all —
the sentient and the insentient world,
fire and water,
the forest tree and shrub.
The high-souled men,
free and fearless,
endowed with light and power,
crossed woods, rivers, rocks and mountains,
and through the great highway of truth
realised Thee
in the whole universe,
and never admitting a ban
on the human soul,
made their way into the deep heart of the world.
Sri Rabindranath Tagore

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

I am soooo happy to hear You had a good time at our Home! It is so wonderful to read Your beautiful impressions and feelings. I can only imagine that experience,that love and peace which can be felt at Arunachala and Home of our Bhagavan. That is truly priceless...

I am also happy You recovered soon,with Grace of our Father! He is our best and true guardian indeed.

His eyes are not eyes.
They are the essence
of perfect god light, streaming
past all of creation,
merged with eternity.
They are married to The Secret,
God’s exquisite kiss.
They are the chalice
that can speak
a thousand languages
in one whisper of silence.
They are galaxies of liquid,
Disembodied.
They are the fire
That can free you and transport you 
into Love’s ecstatic bliss.
Mountain Path       

I love this poem very much! So beautiful,so true. Absolutely,absolutely wonderful and sweet.

Thank You my dear friend,for this sharing of the Soul!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: January 13, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
Of the term 'I', the permanent import
Is That. For even in deep sleep
Where we have no sense of  'I’
We do not cease to be.

Body, sense, mind, breath, sleep —
All insentient and unreal —
Cannot be 'I',
' I' who am the Real.

For knowing That which Is
There is no other knower.
Hence Being is Awareness;
And we are all Awareness.

In the nature of their being creature and creator
Are in substance one.
They differ only
In adjuncts and awareness
Sri  Bhagwan

Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes, thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewell. Sitting silently at Sri Bhagwan’s Lotus Feet in the Samadhi Hall and the Old Hall, in Sri Arunachala, intuited and I understood, for once and all, what the great Devotee and the Poet, Sri Muruganar meant when he emphatically stressed that Sri Bhagwan is the only everlasting Illumination within us and His Presence is the only Existence everywhere and for all time.

I understood what Sri Jesus meant when He taught, “Be a Light unto yourself.” And I understood, not by way of thoughts, but experientially, Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching:

“If there is no God within you, be assured, there is no God outside you. If there is no Truth within you, there is no Truth outside you.”   

Pranam,
  Anil