Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 757788 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3525 on: November 02, 2013, 12:57:12 PM »
“See thyself and see the Lord”
That is the revealed word,
and hard is its sense indeed,
For the seeing Self is not to be seen,
How then is the Sight of the Lord?
To be food unto Him, that indeed is to see Him.

Dear Devotees,

“See thyself and see the Lord” means that our very own Self is God. That is the revealed word. This is why Sri Bhagwan said in a conversation, “ Vivekananda asked Sri Ramakrishna: ‘Have you seen God?’ I say: ‘Is there anybody who has not seen God?’” Sri Bhagwan has taught that the Divine Heritage or the God Reality is ever present within the Heart. The Heart is the hearts of all. The act of full surrender of the ego of darkness to the Lord of Light, that is, the Self, reveals It as the dawn dispels the darkness of night.

Dear devotees, just as the dawn is not the first dawn, but the dawn reveals only the eternal light of the sun, so also, the Dawn of Self-realisation is not a new creation but only the remembering of the forgotten State of the Existence-Consciousness or the Self.   Indeed, it is the Dawn of our Divine, Ancient Heritage. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:13:17 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: November 03, 2013, 08:03:33 AM »
A few more stray Verses composed by Sri Bhagwan on different occasions:

The Self
If one realises one’s true nature within one’s Heart,
it is plenitude of Being-Awareness-Bliss
without beginning or end.

Liberation
The dove escaping from the hunter’s hand
escapes too from the forest, it is said. When
the hunter hunting for the ‘I’ gains freedom,
the forest shrinks into a home.

Silence
Silence, the unique language, ever surging in the
Heart, is the State of Grace.

Sleep while Awake
Deep sleep can e’er be had while wide awake
By search for Self. In dream and waking states
Pursue the quest for Self without a break
So long as sleep’s ignorance them permeates.

A Jnani and His Body
This was written in Sri Bhagwan’s last days in body.

Just as one lets go the leaf after eating the food,
The seer sheds His body.

Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: November 03, 2013, 08:05:17 AM »
Dear Devotees,

What follows is an excerpt from the ‘Human Gospel of Sri Ramana Maharshi’ in which the great Devotee and Self-realised Jnani, Sri Papaji (Sri H.W.L. Poonja) has narrated about His extraordinary interaction with Sri Bhagwan and the subsequent Experience He had while in His Presence. The following account of His Sublime Experience made such a deep impact on me years back that I now felt that all devotees in general and Sri Bhagwan’s devotees in particular must go through it, and hence, this posting:

Papaji recounts what happened: ―I approached the swami in a belligerent manner. I asked him, ‘Aren‘t you the man that came to see me in my house in Punjab?‘ The Maharshi remained silent. I repeated, ‘Did you not come to my house and tell me to come here?‘ Again the Maharshi made no answer. Since he was most unwilling to answer, I moved on to the main purpose of my visit. I asked him the questions that I had come to ask:, ‘Have you seen God, and if you have, will you help me to see God? I am willing to pay any price for the answer, even give my life. But your part of the bargain is that you must show me God.’
The swami answered, ―No, I cannot show you God. I cannot help you see God because God is not an object that can be seen. God is the subject. He is the seer. Do not concern yourself with the objects that can be seen. Find out who is the seer. He then added, ―You alone are God. Then, he looked deep into my eyes in such a way that my entire body began to tremble. I felt a shiver running through every inch of my body. My hair stood on end, such was the intensity. Believe me; I became aware of the spiritual heart. What I am referring to is not the physical heart, but the heart that is the source and support of all that exists. This heart opened up and blossomed in the Maharshi‘s presence. I have never had such an extraordinary experience before. I had not come in looking for any kind of experience, so when it happened, it took me by total surprise.
However, even this experience could not convince Papaji for long. He still yearned to see God physically in spite of this spiritual experience. He wanted to be with God. In his words, ―I did not want to be honey. I wanted to taste honey.‖ Hence, he left Ramanashram and went to Adi Annamalai on the other side of the hill. There he played with Lord Krishna until he had to go back to Madras to join duty. Out of respect for an elderly man, he went to Ramanashram to take leave. When Papaji went before Bhagavan, Bhagavan asked, ―Where have you been? Where have you been staying? It was unusual for Bhagavan to ask such questions. Papaji replied, ―On the other side of the mountain.‖ ―And what were you doing there?  continued Bhagavan. ―I was playing with my God, Sri Krishna, replied Papaji smugly. Papaji replied confidently and in a proud and superior manner because he was convinced that the man he was talking to would never have had such an experience. ―Is that so?‖ Bhagavan asked, looking both surprised and interested. ―Very good, he commented. ―Do you see him now? He questioned. ―No sir, I do not, replied Papaji. ―I see him only when I have a vision.
Papaji was still feeling pleased with his self because he was certain that Bhagavan had never been granted the power of such vision. ―So, Sri Krishna comes and plays with you and then disappears, observed the Maharshi. Then the profound statement, ―What is the use of a God who appears and disappears? If he is a real God, he should be with you all the time!
Even the profundity of this statement did not convince Papaji. He returned to Madras and joined duty. He was still attracted to the external god and continued playing with his vision of Krishna. After his return from work, he would sit all alone and chant the name of Krishna twenty-five thousand times every day. He then doubled this to fifty thousand times. Early one morning there was a knock on the door. Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmana, and Hanuman appeared and presented him Darshan. Soon afterward, they disappeared. He found that he could not concentrate on the japa that he did every day. In fact, he could not even read his usual religious books because his mind had become free of thoughts. This state of thoughtlessness puzzled him. At that point, Ramana Maharshi appeared smiling in the puja room. He then remembered that this was exactly the state of quietude that he had experienced in Bhagavan‘s presence. He said to himself, ―I will go and ask him what has happened to me. Everything has stopped. I cannot perform any of the religious practices that I was doing.
He went to Arunachala and the same miracle happened yet again. He went at lunch time and sought the Maharshi. Krishnaswami stopped him, but Bhagavan told him to let Papaji in. This is what happened when he sat before Bhagavan:
―I sat before the Maharshi and began to tell him the story of my life. For twenty-five years I have been doing sadhana. I have repeated the name of Lord Krishna up to fifty thousand times a day. I have been reading spiritual literature also. After Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmana, and Hanuman blessed me with their presence, I have not been able to carry on this practice. I can no longer meditate or even read books. I do feel calm deep inside; however, there is no desire to seek God any more. My mind refuses to engage itself in the thought of God. What has happened to me? What should I do?
The Maharshi looked at me and asked, ―How did you come here from Madras? I saw no reason why he should ask me that question, but I answered politely, ―By train.‖ ―What happened when you came to the station at Tiruvannamalai?‖ he continued. ―When I got off the train, I handed over my ticket and engaged a bullock cart to bring me to the Ashram. ―When you reached the Ashram and paid the driver of the cart, what happened to the cart?‖ asked the Maharshi. ―I suppose he went back to town, I replied, still wondering where all these questions were leading. The Maharshi then explained: ―The train brought you to your destination. You got off because you did not need it anymore. Likewise, with the bullock cart, you got off when it brought you to the Ashram. You now need neither the train nor the cart since you are here. They were the means of bringing you here. That is what has happened to your sadhana, meditation, and japa. You do not need them anymore. You  yourself did not give them up. They have left you of their own accord because they have served their purpose. You have arrived.
―He looked at me very intently. I could feel that my entire body and mind were being washed and rendered pure. I could feel him looking intently into my heart. I felt every atom of my body being transformed by his spellbinding gaze. A transformation was taking place in my body. The old body was dying atom by atom and a new body was being created in its place. I then understood that I knew that this man who had spoken to me, was in reality, what I already was, and what I had always been. There was a sudden impact of recognition as I became aware of my Self. I used the word re-cognition intentionally, because as soon as the experience was revealed to me, I also knew that this was the same state of peace and happiness that I had been immersed in as an eight-year-old boy in Lahore, even though it may have occurred only by default. The silence in the presence of the Maharshi re-established me in that primal state, but this time it was permanent.
―The ‘I‘ which had until now been a seeker for a god outside of itself (because it wanted to go back to that original childhood state) perished in the direct knowledge and experience of the Self, which the Maharshi had revealed to me. I cannot describe the precise experience, for as all books on the subject matter rightly say, no words can convey the experience. I can only talk about peripheral things. I can only say that every cell, every atom in my body leapt to attention as they all recognized and experienced the Self that alleviated and supported them. I was aware that my spiritual quest had come to an end. However, the source of that knowledge will always remain indescribable. This was the real and final awakening of Papaji. The Maharshi advised him in that experience to ignore the appearance of God, and to enquire instead into the nature and source of the One who had this desire. This desire to clasp an external God dropped of its own accord.
Papaji has been kind enough to share this experience with aspirants. He observed, ―In hindsight, I could now see that the question, ‘Who am I?‘ was the one question that I should have asked myself years before. I had the direct experience of the Self when I was eight years old, and then spent the rest of my life trying to return to that state.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:31:03 AM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: November 03, 2013, 03:24:29 PM »
Bhagwan Sri Ramana has taught:

This Pure ‘I am’ is the Heart, our true being.
‘I am’ alone is real.

The egoless ‘I am’ is not a thought. It is Realisation.

The Self alone is That. So, to do Self-enquiry and be that ‘I am’ is the only thing to do. ‘I am’ is the Reality. I am this or that is unreal. ‘I am’ is Truth, another Name for the Self.

‘I am’ is the Reality. The one unalterable Reality is being. Until you realise that state of pure being you should pursue Enquiry. Once you are established in It there will be no further worry.

TO  BE  IS  TO  REALISE.  Hence “I am that I am”.  “I am” is God. Nothing else can be without Him. Everything has its being in God and because of God.

“I am that I am” which implies the metaphysical
dictum that the proof of
Existence is Existence Itself.

Therefore enquire ‘Who am I?’
Sink deep within and abide as the Self.
That is God as being.

Pranma,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: November 03, 2013, 06:30:11 PM »
Sri Narendra sang:

In dense darkness, O Mother, Thy formless beauty sparkles;
Therefore the yogis meditate in a dark mountain cave,
In the lap of boundless dark, on Mahanirvana’s waves upborne,
Peace flows serene and inexhaustible.
Taking the form of the Void, in the robe of darkness wrapped,
Who art Thou, Mother, seated alone in the shrine of Samadhi?
From the Lotus of Thy fear-scattering Feet flash Thy love’s light-
nings;
Thy Spirit-Face shines forth with laughter terrible and loud?

Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa:
“Man may be likened to grain. He has fallen between the millstones and is about to be crushed. Only few grains that stay near the peg escape. Therefore men should take refuge at the peg, that is to say, in God. Call on Him. Sing His Name. Then you will be free. Otherwise you will be crushed by the King of Death. “

The Master sang:

Mother! Mother! My boat is sinking, here in the ocean of this
world;
Fiercely the hurricane of delusion rages on every side!
Clumsy is my helmsman, the mind; stubborn my six oarsmen, the
passions;
Into a pitiless wind
I sailed my boat, and now it is sinking!
Split is the rudder of devotion; tattered is the sail of faith;
Into my boat the waters are pouring! Tell me, what shall I do?
For with my failing eyes, alas! nothing but darkness do I see.
Here in the waves I will swim,
O Mother, and cling to the raft of Thy Name.   

Source: The Gospel Of Sri Ramakrishna

Pranam,
  Anil

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
Anil

Just a correction . In your post No : 3528 you have given in detail the experience of Papaji ( Poonja ) but you have wrongly mentioned is as Papa Ramdas .The account that you have mentioned is from the book "Nothing Ever Happened" by David Godman which is a 3 Volume Book on the Life and Teachings of Papaji ( Poonja ) and not Papa Ramdas .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: November 04, 2013, 06:33:22 AM »
Dear Sri atmavichar, yes, Papaji in whom Grace thus manifested is none other than Sri H.W.L. Poonja. I have made the necessary correction in my post no. 3528. I have not read the book ‘Nothing Ever Happened’ authored by Sri David Godman. The account of Sri Papaji’s Sublime Experience in Sri Bhagwan’s Presence is available elsewhere also. I quoted it from ‘Human Gospel of Sri Ramana  Maharshi’.  Thanks very much for bringing this error to my notice. Pranam, Anil. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: November 05, 2013, 03:43:12 PM »
Dear Devotees,

In Srimad Bhagavata, a method has been outlined to find Sri Krishna in the heart by prostrating to all and looking on all as the Lord Himself. When a devotee asked Sri Bhagwan whether this is the right path to lead to Self-realisation, Sri Bhagwan replied thus:
Sri Bhagwan: “Yes, when you see God in all, do you think of God or do you not? You must certainly think of God for seeing God all round you. Keeping God in your mind becomes dhyana and dhyana is the stage before Realisation. REALISATION   CAN   ONLY   BE   IN   AND   OF   THE   SELF.  IT  CAN  NEVER  BE  APART  FROM  THE  SELF :  AND  DHYANA  MUST  PRECEDE  IT. Whether you make dhyana on God or on the Self, it is immaterial; for the Goal is the same. You cannot, by any means, escape the Self.  YOU  WANT  TO  SEE  GOD  IN  ALL,  BUT  NOT  IN  YOURSELF?  IF  ALL  IS  GOD,  ARE  YOU  NOT  INCLUDED  IN  THAT  ALL? BEING  GOD  YOURSELF,  IS  IT  A  WONDER  THAT  ALL  IS  GOD? This is the method advised in Sri Bhagavata, and elsewhere by others. But even for this practice there must be the seer or thinker.  WHO IS HE?”

Dear devotees, we say that God is all-pervasive. But Sri Bhagwan has taught us that there is no ‘all’ apart from God for Him to pervade, for He alone Is. However, we must also understand that Realisation is of the Self and in the Self only. Therefore, Sri Bhagwan teaches, as above, that ‘keeping God in mind becomes Dhyana and the Dhyana is the stage before Realisation. Dhyana must precede Realisation.
As for the Japa, Sri Bhagwan has taught that Japa means clinging to one thought to the exclusion of all other thoughts. WHAT  IS  THE  PURPOSE  OF  JAPA  THEN?  SRI  BHAGWAN  HAS  TAUGHT  THAT  JAPA  LEADS  TO  DHYANA   WHICH  CULMINATES  IN  SELF-REALISATION  OR  JNANA.

Dear devotees, keeping God in mind becomes Dhyana which precedes Jnana. Does it not? But Sri Bhagwan has taught that one should not use the Name of God mechanically and superficially without the feeling of love and devotion and should therefore call upon Him with yearning and surrender unreservedly. ‘ONLY  AFTER  SUCH  SURRENDER  IS  THE  NAME  OF  GOD  CONSTANTLY  WITH  HIM.’
‘But Surrender can take effect only when it is done with full knowledge as to what real Surrender  means.’  WHO   IS   TO   SURRENDER   WHAT   AND   TO   WHOM? 
Sri Bhagwan : Such knowledge comes after Enquiry and reflection and ends invariably in self-surrender. There is no difference between Jnana and absolute Surrender to the Lord, that is, in thought, word and deed.

The complete surrender is unquestioning and there is no asking for favours. Such Absolute Surrender comprises all; It is Jnana and Vairagya, Love and Devotion.

Dear devotees, so, all such spiritual practices converge to Dhyana and Enquiry.  But as Sri Bhagwan has taught, if the mind can be fixed on an extraneous object or Image of God—mental or physical or on an Ideal, why can it not be fixed on the ‘AHAM-VRITTI’ which is one irreducible datum of all our experiences whatever? 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: November 05, 2013, 04:38:29 PM »
                “I”

I wonder if I know him
In whose speech is my voice,
In whose movement is my being,
Whose skill is in my lines,
Whose melody is in my songs
In joy and sorrow.
I thought he was chained within me,
Contained by tears and laughter,
Work and play.
I thought he was my very self
Coming to an end with my death.
Why then in a flood of joy do I feel him
In the sight and touch of my beloved?
This 'I' beyond self I found
On the shores of the shining sea.
Therefore I know
This'I' is not imprisoned within my bounds.
Losing myself, I find him
Beyond the borders of time and space.
Through the Ages
I come to know his Shining Self
In the Iffe of the seeker,
In the voice of the poet.
From the dark clouds pour the rains.
I sit and think:
Bearing so many forms, so many names,
I come down, crossing the threshold
Of countless births and deaths.
The Supreme undivided, complete in himself,
Embracing past and present,
Dwells in Man.
Within Him I shall find myself -
The 'I' that reaches everywhere.

Sri Rabindranath Tagore

Pranam,
  Anil

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 05, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »
Dear Shri Anil,
I need a help from you if possible.PAul Brunton had written a book on self enquiry called "The Secret Path ". I have read that Bhagavan appeared in a dream and indicated Paul Brunton to write it .
If you have gone through the book, can you present a jist of the method in that book with your own observations(somehow step 1 of the three step method was unclear to me)  , either now or later whenever possible.IN case , you have not read , please see if you can help later after getting hold of that book.
I also request others who have gone through that book to please help in eloborating the method mentioned in that book.
THanks and Regards,
Ananad Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 06, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »
                           “SEE  THYSELF  DAILY  WITH  THE  INVERTED  LOOK.”

Dear Sri Anand,

I have not read Sri Paul Brunton’s ‘The Secret Path’ though I am aware that this book exists. However, if you can post the three steps as delineated by Sri Brunton in the book, I may be able to respond to the best of my intellectual and intuitive understanding as far as possible. I have attempted to make available for myself the books, such as, ‘The Conscious Immortality’ and ‘The Secret Path’, but have not been able to get them so far. 

Dear Sri Anand, for me, Path is one, and that is:

“Look within, ever seeking the Self with the inner Eye, then will It be found. Thus didst Thou direct me, beloved Arunachala!”
V.  44, Aksharmanamalai,

“Am I then worse than a dog (a dog can scent out his master)? Steadfastly will I seek Thee and regain Thee, Oh Arunachala!”
V. 39, Aksharmanamalai

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 06, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »
He  (Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai) visited Bhagavan many times in a year, each time staying for about fifteen days. Through all this time, the outer guru was giving him a push while the inner guru in Sivaprakasam Pillai pulled him inward to Self-vichara for long periods of time. In the state of ecstasy, Sivaprakasam Pillai composed many poems. Bhagavan appreciated and approved them. He even included some of them in the daily parayana or recitation in the Ashram.

Following are four of his poems:
From dawn to dusk I spend my day in vain talks,
Not even for a moment do I think ‘Who am I?‘ My Lord, you have told me if you speak one word it will multiply into many words.
Ramana Deva, I am only pretending to be your devotee and not conducting myself as one.
I am a sinner who wastes most of his time listening to others‘ misdeeds and talking about them.
I have many defects myself, but if others mention them, my mind boils with rage.
Thinking that there is no harm in it, I do not hesitate to utter small lies. Oh! Ramana Deva, is it not high drama to fall at your feet as if I am your devotee?
Though I have become old and suffer from various diseases, I have not destroyed the desire for women.
The ghost of my mind desires to see their beautiful faces, converse with them, and listen to their honey-like speech.
Even though I give advice to the mind, it does not subside but wanders after them.
Ramana Deva, when will this delusion end and my mind become firm?
You know that my qualities and character are poor. You also know that among the ignorant full of defects, I am the worst.
Though you know all this, you still sort me and took possession of me. Ramana Deva, how can I explain this wonder?

One devotee asked Bhagavan, ―Bhagavan, Sivaprakasam Pillai was such a great ascetic. He unswervingly put your teachings into practice. Reading his poems, I wonder where I stand! If he is in this wretched state, what will happen to me?‖ Bhagavan responded with a beautiful reply: ―When extolling God, Adi Shankara and other Sages have berated their selves and said the same thing. This is how the Sages guide others and warn aspiring aspirants.
Source: The Human Gospel of Sri Ramana Maharshi

Pranam,
  Anil

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:25:56 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 07, 2013, 12:04:53 PM »
Dear Sri Anand,

I have understood from your posts that you are a very earnest seeker and practicing Self-enquiry quite earnestly. Hence, I wished to humbly convey that I have always felt that Sri Bhagwan not only revealed, enjoined and taught the Direct Path of Enquiry, but Himself, out of great Compassion for His adoring devotees, explained every aspect, every intricacy, almost every detail, regarding the Supreme Path, left nothing to guess and get derailed, and He Himself commanded, guided and graced those who sincerely and earnestly adhered to this Supremely beneficial Path. The Path that He thus enjoined and taught itself revealed its own indubitable and unchallengeable clarity and uniqueness. There is no doubt about that whatever.

Therefore, I wish to say that one should base one’s Sadhana of the Atma-vichara on His direct Teaching, as given in the Books, such as, ‘Who am I ?’, ‘Ulladu Narpadu’, ‘Upadesa Saram’, ‘Five Hymns to Sri Arunachala’, ‘Atma-vidya Kirtanam’, ‘Song of Poppadam’, ‘Talks’ etc. Nevertheless, I wish to add that explanation and reminisces of either the great, old devotees who moved closely with Him or later ones who came to Him after His Mahanirvana and surrendered themselves completely to Him and followed unswervingly His Teaching, are also of great help on the Path of the Atma-vichara as taught by Him. Hence, great spiritual insights contained in the works of His great devotees are, undoubtedly, of great help, but they are only help after all. What I mean to say is that one should not get stuck up in these auxiliary writings on the Direct and Straight Path, but always turn to Sri Bhagwan’s Original Works when a doubt arises in a seeker’s mind. It is not for nothing that this Path is compared to the Sun, for the Self is the Sun and the Enquiry Its Rays. CAN  ONE THEN  EVER  KNOW ANY  DEARTH  OF  LIGHT  WHILE ONE  IS  TREADING  THIS  SUPREME  PATH, SINCERELY,  EARNESTLY  AND  WITH  PERSEVERANCE ? Therefore, have deep faith in Sri Bhagwan’s Munificent Grace and timely Guidance and proceed with perseverance.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: November 07, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »
Sri Annamalai Swami : Many people are visiting swamis, temples and holy places. Doing these things will not yield any good fruit. For real and lasting results you have to look inside yourself and discover the Self within. You can do that everywhere.

Q : Many people say that they have found peace in holy places.

Sri Swami: If you are attached to places, stay here in Tiruvannamalai for some time. The best place to discover the Self is here at Sri Arunachala. The power to know the Self is available here. That has been the experience of many Sages, including Sri Bhagwan. Arunachala is the Self. Sri Ramana is the Self. Both are here. Both are inside you.
You have an inclination towards holy places. Try this one for some time, and don’t be so keen to rush off to other places. Keep up the meditation, ‘I am the Self’, and be completely surrendered to that Self that is within you and which has appeared here in the forms of Sri Bhagwan and Sri Arunachala. Forget about your bus for a while.

Q : I am wondering if I should cancel this trip. I am having strong doubts as to whether I should leave or not.

Sri Swami : You have to make that decision for yourself. I have given you my advice. Now, you have to decide for yourself whether you are going to act on it.   ALL  I  WILL  SAY  IS  THAT  WHEREVER  YOU  GO  IN  LIFE,  DON’T  FORGET  YOURSELF.

Dear Devotees,

So, wherever we go, we must not forget ourselves, for the one who is seeking is also That which is being sought, for the seeker and the sought are both the Self only. If we cannot find our own Self within ourselves, it is certain that we cannot find It anywhere else. Is it not? Sri Annamalai Swami says here that searching on the outside and visiting holy places will not help us. Non-existent ego is searching That through which, in truth, the all the seeing is taking place, That is, Existence Itself.   

Dear devotees, I wish to say to those who do not consider Sri Bhagwan a living Guru that SRI  BHAGWAN  WE  SPEAK  OF  IS  NOT   A  BODY,  A  PERSON  WHO  EXISTED  IN  A  CERTAIN  PLACE  AT  SOME  TIME  IN  THE  PAST. Sri Bhagwan is the Space of Pure Consciousness. All is Sri Bhagwan. All is Sri Ramana. Only thing, at this stage, He is more accessible to us in Sri Ramanasramam than any where else. 

Sri Bhagwan Ramana is the Eternal Light that is always burning, always bestowing Grace. THEREFORE, THER  CAN  BE  NO  MISTAKE  IN  FOLLOWING  SRI  BHAGWAN’S  TEACHING.  And to be aware of Sri Bhagwan is to be aware of one’s own Real Self. AND  TO  BE  AWARE  OF  SRI  BHAGWAN  IS  TO  BE  AWARE  OF  THIS  INNER  PRESENCE  FOR  ONCE  AND  ALL. Sri Bhagwan therefore is always present, inside us as well as in front of us.  We only need to uncover His Presence by destroying the ego which covers Him, by Enquiry, as taught by Him.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil                 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: November 09, 2013, 02:42:07 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Paul Brunton says that when he reached Sri Bhagwan he saw a Silent Figure (Sri Bhagwan) on a couch and speaks of His strange reception, ostensibly characterised by indifference. Sri Brunton writes in his famous book ‘A Search in Secret India’ thus:

“My initial bewilderment, my perplexity at being totally ignored, slowly fades away as this strange fascination begins to grip me more firmly. But aware of the silent, resistless change which is taking place within my mind. One by one, the questions which I prepared in the train with such meticulous accuracy drop away. For it does not now seem to matter whether they are asked or not, and it does not matter whether I solve the problems, which have hitherto troubled me. I know only that a steady river of quietness seems to be flowing near me, that a great peace is penetrating the inner reaches of my being, and that my thought-tortured brain is beginning to arrive at some rest.
How small seem those questions which I have asked myself with such frequency! How petty grows the panorama of the lost years! I perceive with sudden clarity that the intellect creates its own problems and then makes itself miserable trying to solve them.”

Dear devotees, in my view, Sadguru’s Grace is only granting of Awareness of the Heart or the Experience of the Existence-Consciousness. As soon as Sri Sri Brunton came in contact with Sri Bhagwan,  (SADGURU), he seems to have at once become aware of the Spiritual Heart. Questions prepared so meticulously drop away of their own accord and their solution do not matter anymore. Why?   Because that which we call the ‘little self’ or the ego-‘I’ is nothing but the aggregate of the sense impressions and when the Light of the Self falls on it,  it is discarded or rejected or consumed or resolved into the Self and what remains is only the Self. What remains is the Peace and hence Sri Brunton experiences, SELF  IN FRONT  AS  THE  SADGURU, a steady river of quietness flowing near him, a great peace penetrating into the inner reaches of his being and he most importantly goes on to say that his thought-tortured mind was beginning to arrive at some rest, implying that he, in truth, experienced for the time being, some cessation of thoughts, that is, albeit temporarily.

Dear devotees, I wish to say that when Grace of the Sadguru manifests thus, panorama of the phenomenal life becomes rather petty and one experiences ethereal beauty and happiness. This is the beginning of the DAWN OF CLARITY  which strengthens the RESOLVE  to know oneself, and naturally, BY  THIS  RESOLVE  THE  QUEST  ‘WHO AM  I ?’  IS  SURE  TO   BECOME  BEAUTIFULLY  AND  WONDERFULLY   EFFFICACIOUS   INDEED.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil