Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758843 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3465 on: October 12, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »
          TO    BHAGWAN    SRI    RAMANA
           THE   ONE   REALITY   ETERNAL

The world is still. And Light and Sound and Thought
Transfix in Space and Time, like insects caught
In amber rock, are bygone things inwrought
In Cosmic Consciousness, where all is Nought.

Alas, how vain are eyes that think they see!
And ears they hear, and Mind that it is free!
True Freedom is to stay all Thought and be
Like waveless waters of the deepest sea.

No more can I be still than go astray,
For fixt is all I do from day to day.
My steps along the round of Time must stay;
Without Thy Grace I cannot even pray.

But what is fixt to me to Thee is void;
Through hardest rock Thy softest will can ride;
All fire, water, earth and air must hide
(As I) this mock existence Thee beside.
Sri C. S. Bagi

Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes, thanks very much, dear friend. Sri Bhagwan has taught that if one wishes to know true Guru Swarupa, one must know his own Swarupa first. One can never know the True Guru Swarupa if one does not know one’s own Swarupa first.
Sri Bhagwan : If you want to perceive the true Guru Swarupa, you must first learn to look upon the whole universe as Guru Rupam. One must have the Gurubhavam towards all living beings. It is the same with God. You must look upon all objects as God’s Rupa. HOW  CAN  HE  WHO  DOES  NOT  KNOW  HIS  OWN  SELF  PERCEIVE  ISWARA  RUPA  OR  GURU  RUPA?  HOW  CAN  HE  DETERMINE  THEM?  THEREFORE,  FIRST  OF  ALL  KNOW  YOUR  OWN  REAL  SWARUPAM.

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, Sri Bhagwan has taught that the Guru is God or the Self Incarnate. So, Guru works from within and makes the seekers to see the error of their ways and guides them in this manner on the right path until they realises the   SELF  WITHIN. Once this happens, there is neither within not without. 

Therefore, though the Guru is within and Enquiry helps us to soon remove the ignorant idea that He is without, as long as one thinks that one is separate or that one is body, so long the Master without is necessary to push the mind to turn inward. HENCE,  THE  GRACIOUS  INCARNATION  OF  LORD  SRI  ARUNACHALA  AS THE  SADGURU BHAGWAN  SRI  RAMANA!
The ego is like a powerful elephant. The elephant cannot be brought under control by anything less than a lion.  The Guru’s very Look of Grace makes the elephant-like ego tremble and die and ceases to exist.
OUR  GLORY  LIES  WHERE  WE  CEASE  TO  EXIST.

Dear Sri Jewell, yes, difficult days are over, and Sri Bhagwan willing, I now wish to visit Sri Ramanasramam sometime early in December, this year.

Thanks very much, dear friend Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:09 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

What a beautiful poem! And many thoughts in it similar to things i was pondering over these days. Yes,there is no such thing like realization of some entity,me,You,any. So any thought "I have realized,or i know" is wrong. It is again only the mind,only the thoughts playing its endless games,trying to seduce us like usually. With it,i came to conclusion that there is no realization what so ever,but even that is only conclusion of that same mind,so i would just like to leave it there.

I must say that i commented true nature of Bhagavan only through faith and trust. I trust He is That,i trust Him,so i say. It is not based on my realisation,but just simple feeling,something which is just there. Like all here are actually calling Bhagavan Reality and Sadguru,and no one of us actually "realized".
All my posts are only posting of something i like and love,poems and sayings. I don't even know reason for that. When it is about posts from Maharaj and Bhagavan,them i don't chose at all. I just pick some page randomly,and put that. Not all,sure,but majority.

Mind indeed is mad elephant,but that madness is there only because of us. We give it all the power,but clinging and trusting the thoughts in the first place. How can some thought,just simple thought have such power?! It don't have. But,indeed,our deeply rooted habits to cling to them,and to trust only them,gave them such power that ignorance cannot be easily removed. More because the one who wish to remove it is just the thought,nothing more. How many times i have realized their hollowness,and yet,in the moments of inattention it grabbes me again. So my practice is now,whenever that happen,to just realize that,and not let me be dragged. Naturally,selfenquiry is the cure,and the best remedy for me.

Also,these days,i think that nothing is absolutely true,regarding teachings and talk about reality. So many holes in it... Only in one thing i absolutely believe,and that is,that my true Self is everything. Here,i don't think on this little ego me,this person called Jewel,but something which is beyond my present compehension. That is why i found Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj's words,from poetry thread,Non.duality,absolutely wonderful. Like the words of Swami Vivekananda and Swami Rama Tirtha,never,absolutely never to think I am bound. In the same way,never,never to think I am realized,or free,coz that would be only exaggerated ego. Any claiming,any conclusion,any thought. That I am not bound,is also not ment for ego,but that True Reality. It is more just recognition,just silent assurance,not having nothing with this person,present me,and all its buisiness. I trust my Guru,and so far i can see for myself that this ego is nothing but just smoke,how i call it once. It is other matter if it still preserves,but i realized that i can only let it be,nothing else.

So now is that what i think,tomorrow will be probably something else,but that is not important in the end. These thoughts.

I found this words from Papaji to be absolutely true-

No one ever spoke the Truth. No word has ever been coined to present it.

And yet,it doesn't explain anything.  :) But they don't need to,i guess.

Dear friend,the power of ego,mostly known power to myself i must admit,is to project things which are not there,to make conclusions based only on appearance.

And these words from You are absolutely wonderful,and so very true!

OUR  GLORY  LIES  WHERE  WE  CEASE  TO  EXIST

It is so great that You are going to our Father! After so much work,that will be best relaxation and enjoyment for You,i am sure.

Thank You,my dear friend,dear Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:59:31 PM by Jewell »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 13, 2013, 08:04:39 AM »
In the twinkling of an eye Sri Ramakrishna goes into deep Samadhi. An amazing transformation takes place in the Master before the very eyes of the devotees. His face shines with a heavenly light. His two hands are raised in the posture of granting boons and giving assurance to the devotees; it is the posture one sees in images of the Divine Mother. His body is motionless, he has no consciousness of the outer world. He sits facing the north. Is the Divine Mother of the Universe manifesting through His person? Speechless with wonder, the devotees look intently at Sri Ramakrishna, who appears to them to be the embodiment of the Divine Mother Herself.
The devotees begin to sing hymns, one of them leading and the rest following in chorus.
Sri Girish sings:
Who is this Woman with the thick black hair.   
Shining among the assembly of the gods?
Who is She, whose Feet are like crimson lotuses
Planted on Siva’s chest?
Who is She, whose toe- nails shine like the full moon,
Whose legs burn with the brightness of the sun?
Who is She, who now speaks soft and smiles on us,
And now fills all the quarters of the sky
With shouts of terrible laughter?

Again:
O Mother, Saviour of the helpless, Thou the Slayer of sin!
In Thee do the three gunas dwell—sattva, rajas, and tamas.
Thou dost create the world; Thou dost sustain it and destroy it;
Binding Thyself with attributes,  Thou yet transcendest them;
For Thou, O Mother art the All…..
Sri M sings with the other devotees:
O Mother, all is done after  Thine  own Sweet Will;
Thou art in truth self-willed, Redeemer of mankind!
Thou workest Thine own work ; men only call it theirs……..
They sang again:
All things possible, O Mother, through Thy Grace;
Obstacles mountain high Thou makest to melt away.
Thou Home of Bliss!To all Thou givest peace and joy;
Why then should I be made to suffer fruitlessly,
Brooding on the success or failure of my deeds?
And again:
O Mother, ever blissful as Thou art,
Do not deprive Thy worthless child of bliss!
My mind knows nothing but Thy Lotus Feet,
The King of Death scowls at me terribly;
Tell me, Mother, what shall I say to him?

They conclude:
In dense darkness, O Mother , Thy formless beauty sparkles;
Therefore the yogis meditate in a dark mountain cave….

Gradually Sri Ramamkrishna came back to consciousness of the outer world. He asked the devotees to sing “O Mother  Syama, full of the waves of drunkenness divine”. They sang:
O Mother Syama, full of the waves of drunkenness divine!
Who knows how Thou dost sport in the world?
Thy fun and frolic and Thy glances put to shame the god of
      love……
When this song was over , Sri Ramakrishna asked the devotees to sing ‘Behold my Mother playing with Siva”. The  devotees sang:
Behold my Mother playing with Siva, lost in an ecstasy of joy!
Drunk with a draught wine, She reels, and yet She
does not fall.

Sri Ramakrishna tasted a little pudding oto make the devotees happy, but immediately went into deep ecstasy.
A few minutes later the devotees prostrated themselves before the Master and went into the drawing room.
The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Pranam,
  Anil

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 13, 2013, 09:15:09 AM »
Anil,
Wonderful post from The gospel of Sri Ramakrishna.The Durga pooja celebrations are on at the R K Mutt here in chennai.The atmosphere is vibrant -with chants ,poojas,and Arati for Divine Mother Durga-Mahishasura mardini stotra,lalithasahasranamam(where anyone can participate-open for all lay people,men and women),Bhajans,Chanting of Vedic Hymns,et all.
Truly the Master was Divine Mother herself-when he quit his earthly body,our Holy Mother Sarada Devi only said-'Oh!mA!Why have you left us'(in the physical sense).
Today is Saraswati pooja and may the Divine Mother Saraswati bless us with Viveka ,vairagya ,Bhakti and Jnana.
Thanks very much anil Bhai.
Namaskar.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:17:11 AM by Ravi.N »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 13, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
Dear Sri Jewell,

My general response to your beautiful post can be summed up by following inspired lines of Sri Keats and Sri Shelly:

“Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard
Are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on;
Not to the sensual ear, but , more endear’d,
Pipe to the spirit ditties of no tone.”
Sri Keats     

“The pure spirit shall flow
Back to the burning fountain whence it came,
A portion of the Eternal.”
Sri Shelly

Quote from Sri Jewell:
“I must say that i commented true nature of Bhagavan only through faith and trust. I trust He is That, i trust Him, so i say. It is not based on my realisation, but just simple feeling, something which is just there.”

Dear friend, Sri Jewell,

“Have faith, my son, have faith.  Never delude yourself in this. You are Knowledge Itself, you are the Lord, you are the Self, and you are superior to Nature.”
15-8, Ashtavakra Gita

Therefore, yes, we must have faith and need not get confused. Sri Ashtavakra is also teaching here “Jnana-swarupo bhagwanatma  tvam prakriteh parah”, that is, we are in the form of Realisation, we are the Self and therefore above Creation and Nature. All our practice is only to prevent disturbance to the Realisation, that Inherent Peace.

Dear Sri Jewell, I have always maintained that the Self-enquiry itself is the best preparation for the Self-enquiry. There is no doubt that mind is humbled by steadfast and persistent practice of the Self-enquiry.   AND  IN  MY  VIEW,  THIS  IS  THE  HIGHEST  MANIFESTATION  OF  GRACE ,  NEXT  ONLY  TO  THE  REALISATION  ITSELF.  For, Faith and Intuition are sure to follow this gracious humility of the mind. Moreover, this is not the blind faith, but on the contrary, a living and unfailing Faith, based on intellectual findings, intuitive understanding and corroborated by real experience. AND,  DEAR  FRIEND,  SRI  JEWELL,  IT  IS  THE  NATURE  OF  THE  FAITH  THAT  ONCE  AWAKENED,  IT  SUFFUSES  NOT  ONLY  THE  BODY  AND  THE  MIND  BUT  THE  WHOLE  SOUL.  Besides, once this Faith is awakened, spirit of enquiry is strengthened and our pursuit becomes easier and SILENCE  PALPABLE.

Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 13, 2013, 04:14:42 PM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:
“The Durga pooja celebrations are on at the R K Mutt here in chennai.The atmosphere is vibrant -with chants ,poojas,and Arati for Divine Mother Durga-Mahishasura mardini stotra,lalithasahasranamam(where anyone can participate-open for all lay people,men and women),Bhajans,Chanting of Vedic Hymns,et all.
Truly the Master was Divine Mother herself-when he quit his earthly body,our Holy Mother Sarada Devi only said-'Oh!mA!Why have you left us'(in the physical sense).
Today is Saraswati pooja and may the Divine Mother Saraswati bless us with Viveka ,vairagya ,Bhakti and Jnana.”

Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji. Yes. Thanks very much, sir. Here in Patna also, almost every locality, every mohalla, every street or road has a Durga Pooja Pandal in which has been installed an Image of the Divine Mother, Sri Durga. The atmosphere here too is vibrant with Sacred Chants, Poojas, Havan and Arti. The whole city—men and women, children, young and old, almost everybody, have come out and are thronging the Pooja Pandals  though the cyclonic  rain and storm that hit the coasts in Orrisa and Andhra Paradesh yesterday evening have arrived in Bihar and Patna and it is raining with mild storm from the early morning today. But even sever rain and storm cannot douse the devotees’ spirits and the whole atmosphere is agog and vibrant with love and devotion for the Divine Mother.

Dear sir, Sri Ravi, ji, yes, though All is Brahman, or All is the Self, indeed I feel deeply that Bhagwan Sri Ramana is none other than Sri Arunachala Incarnate Himself, and Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa is none other than the Divine Mother Incarnate Herself. Again, since both Maters are the Embodiment of One Supreme Brahman, both are One and the Same.  An excerpt from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

“You are no doubt in the world. What if you are? You must surrender the fruit of your action to God. You must not seek any result for yourself. But mark one thing. The desire for bhakti cannot be called a desire. You may desire bhakti and pray for it. Practice the tamas of bhakti and force your demand upon the Divine Mother.

This bitterly contested suit between the Mother and Her son—
What sport it is! Says Ramaprasad. I shall not cease tormenting
Thee
Till Thou Thyself shalt yield the fight and take me in Thine arms
at last.

Trilokya once remarked, ‘As I was born into the family , I have a share in the estate.’
God is your own Mother. Is She a stepmother? Is it an artificial relationship? If you cannot force your demand on Her, then on whom can you force it. Say to Her:

Mother, am I Thine eight-months child? Thy red eyes cannot
Frighten me!
A deed of gift I hold in my heart, attested by Thy Husband Siva;
I shall sue Thee, if I must, and with a single point shall win.

God is your own Mother. Enforce your demand. If you are part of a thing, you feel its attraction. Because of the element of the Divine Mother in me I feel attracted to Her. A true Saiva has some of the characteristics of Siva; he has in him some of the elements of Siva. He who is a true Vaishnava is endowed with some of the elements of Narayana.
Nowadays you don’t have to attend to worldly duties, Spend a few days thinking of God. You have seen that there is nothing to the world.
The Master sang:

Remember this, O mind! Nobody is your own:
Vain is your wandering in this world.
Trapped in the middle snare of maya as you are,
Do not forget the Mother’s Name.

Only a day or two men honour you on earth
As lord and master; all too soon
That form, so honoured now, must needs be cast away,
When death, the Master, seizes you.

Even your beloved wife, for who, while yet you live,
You fret yourself almost to death,
Will not go with you then; she too will say farewell,
And shun your corpse as an evil thing.

Dear sir, who but the Divine Mother Incarnate Herself only can sing:

“Mother, am I Thine eight-months child? Thy red eyes cannot
Frighten me!
A deed of gift I hold in my heart, attested by Thy Husband Siva;
I shall sue Thee, if I must, and with a single point shall win.”

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 13, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »
Anil,

Here in Patna also, almost every locality, every mohalla, every street or road has a Durga Pooja Pandal in which has been installed an Image of the Divine Mother, Sri Durga. The atmosphere here too is vibrant with Sacred Chants, Poojas, Havan and Arti. The whole city—men and women, children, young and old, almost everybody, have come out and are thronging the Pooja Pandals  though the cyclonic  rain and storm that hit the coasts in Orrisa and Andhra Paradesh yesterday evening have arrived in Bihar and Patna and it is raining with mild storm from the early morning today. But even sever rain and storm cannot douse the devotees’ spirits and the whole atmosphere is agog and vibrant with love and devotion for the Divine Mother.

Wonderful.Yes,I recall my time spent in Calcutta in 1979 during Durga Pooja time-Right from the early morning the Radio will broadcast recitation of the chandi and every moment will be vibrant and almost the entire population is astir with the Festival spirit ,Love and Devotion-everywhere it will be the cry of 'mA' 'mA'!

Here is a beautiful rendering of the Hymns(chandi) from the website of our good friend,silentgreen.I have always admired this site ,so neat,aesthetic and full of substance.Here is the link:

http://greenmesg.org/mantras_slokas/devi_durga-ya_devi_sarvabhutesu.php

Namaskar.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 13, 2013, 07:50:07 PM »
Because of God, the Goddess exists;
And, without Her, He is not.
They exist only because of each other.
How sweet is their union!
The whole world is too small to contain them,
Yet they live happily in the smallest particle.
They regard each other as their own Self,
And neither creates so much as a blade
Of grass without the other.
These two are the only ones
Who dwell in this home called “the universe”.
When the Master of the house sleeps,
The Mistress stays awake,
And performs the functions of both.
When He awakes, the whole house disappears,
And nothing at all is left.
They became two for the purpose of diversity;
And both are seeking each other
For the purpose of becoming one.
Each is an object to the other,
And both are subjects to each other.
Only when together do they enjoy happiness.
It is Shiva alone who lives in all forms;
He is both the male and the female.
It is because of the union of these two complements
That the whole universe exists.
 Two lutes: one note.
Two flowers: one fragrance.
Two lamps: one light.
Two lips: one word.
Two eyes: one sight.
These two: one universe.

Amritanubhav, Sage Sri Jnaneshwar

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 13, 2013, 11:34:26 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

“Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard
Are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on;
Not to the sensual ear, but , more endear’d,
Pipe to the spirit ditties of no tone.”
Sri Keats     

“The pure spirit shall flow
Back to the burning fountain whence it came,
A portion of the Eternal.”
Sri Shelly

How beautiful response! Nothing more beautiful than that.

And these words from Sri Jnaneshwar i find equally beautiful and intoxicating. How sweet,beyond words...

Two lutes: one note.
Two flowers: one fragrance.
Two lamps: one light.
Two lips: one word.
Two eyes: one sight.
These two: one universe.

Oh,is there anything more beautiful and lovelier then this! Pure joy,pure joy!

Dear friend,i find myself only repeating myself these days,and think,i cannot say anything appropriate,and all words are only ruining the beauty of everything. So,thinking about faith,i also wish to respond with one beautiful poem.

REMEMBERED MUSIC

'Tis said, the pipe and lute that charm our ears
Derive their melody from rolling spheres;
But Faith, overpassing speculation's bound,
Can see what sweetens every jangled sound.

We, who are parts of Adam, heard with him
The song of angels and of seraphim.
Out memory, though dull and sad, retains
Some echo still of those unearthly strains.

Oh, music is the meat of all who love,
Music uplifts the soul to realms above.
The ashes glow, the latent fires increase:
We listen and are fed with joy and peace.

Rumi

Thank You,dear friend!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 14, 2013, 03:11:25 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“Dear friend, i find myself only repeating myself these days, and  think, i  cannot say anything appropriate, and all words are only ruining the beauty of everything. So, thinking about faith, i also wish to respond with one beautiful poem.”

Quote:
“But Faith, overpassing speculation's bound,
Can see what sweetens every jangled sound.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Sri  Rumi’s poem ‘The Remembered Music’ is very sublime and profound, and your response is beautiful.  Indeed, Faith transcends speculation and intellectual deliberations, Faith alone can enable one to see That, with the Eye of Wisdom, Which is the Essence which underlies the noise that is the world.   

Dear friend, Sri Bhagwan has taught unequivocally that Grace, Sradha or Faith, Light, Spirit are all synonymous with the Self. Therefore, in my view, Faith is only the manifestation of Grace.
When it comes to Faith, I wish to say that I have always been guided by Talk No. 596 and Talk—596 alone.  If you have already read this Talk, I would rather like to insist that you must read it now, once again as under:

A visitor asked: Sri Bhagwan said last night that God is guiding us. Then why should we make an effort to do anything?
Sri Bhagwan: Who asks you to do so? If there was FAITH in the guidance of God this question would not have arisen.
D: The fact is that God guides us. Then what is the use of these instructions to people?
Sri Bhagwan: They are for those who seek instructions. IF  YOU  ARE  FIRM  IN  YOUR  BELIEF  IN  THE  GUIDANCE  OF  GOD,  STICK  TO  IT  AND  DO  NOT  CONCERN  YOURSELF  WITH  WHAT  HAPPENS AROUND  YOU. Furthermore, there may be happiness or misery. Be equally indifferent to both and abide in the FAITH OF GOD. That will be so only when one’s faith is strong  that God looks after all of us.
Mr. Chopra asked: How shall I secure firm faith?
Sri Bhagwan: Exactly. It is for such as these who want instructions. There are persons who seek freedom from misery. They are told that God guides all and so there need not be any concern about what happens. If they are of the best type they at once believe it and firmly abide by faith in God.
But there are others who are not easily convinced of the truth of the bare statement. They ask: “Who is God? What is His Nature? Where is He? How can He be realised?” and so on. IN   ORDER  TO  SATISFY  THEM  INTELLECTUAL  DISCUSSION  IS  NECESSAARY.  Statements are made, their pros and cons are argued, and the truth is thus made clear to the intellect.
WHEN  THE  MATTER  IS  UNDERSTOOD  INTELLECTUALLY   THE  EARNEST  SEEKER  BEGINS  TO  APPLY   IT   PRACTICALLY.   HE  ARGUES  AT  EVERY  MOMENT,  “FOR  WHOM  ARE  THESE  THOUGHTS?  WHO  AM  I?”  and so forth, until he is well-established in the conviction that a Higher Power guides us. THAT  IS  FIRMNESS  OF  FAITH.  Then all his doubts are cleared and he needs no further instructions.         
D: We also have faith in God.
Sri Bhagwan: If it had been firm no questions would have arisen. The person will remain perfectly happy in his Faith in the Omnipotent.
D: Is the enquiry into the Self the same as the above mentioned faith?
Sri Bhagwan: The enquiry into the Self is inclusive of all, faith, devotion, Jnana, yoga and all.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
D: Is an intellectual understanding of the Truth necessary?
Sri Bhagwan: Yes. Otherwise why does not the person realise God or the Self at once, i.e., as soon as he is told that God is all or the Self is all? That shows some wavering on his part. HE  MUST  ARGUE  WITH  HIMSELF  AND  GRADUALLY  CONVINCE  HIMSELF  OF  THE  TRUTH  BEFORE  HIS  FAITH  BECOMES  FIRM. 

Dear Sri Jewell, and once the Faith becomes firm and unshakeable, it becomes easy to follow Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching, that is, to hold the doubter or the questioner; and once the doubter is held firmly, its identity challenged and its Source sought  as taught, it is sure to disappear being unreal. The unreality of these non-entities is thus revealed. This is the practice. This is the practice to remove only the veil obstructing the Revelation and our inherent Peace. Doubter gone along with doubts, what remains is the Swarupa or the Self, FOR,  TO  REMAIN  WITHOUT  DOUBT  OR  QUESTION  ALONE  IS  OUR  NATURAL  STATE.

Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 14, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Manavasi V. Ramaswami  Iyer is a popular and distinguished name among Sri Bhagwan’s devotees. He was an accomplished musician and Sri Bhagwan Himself instructed him in prosody and he composed songs and poems without mush thought or effort until Sri Bhagwan’s Samadhi. However, after the Samadhi, poetic spring dried up for, says he, it was not a gift he was born with, but it was all His Grace.

Dear devotees, Sri Iyer composed the famous song “SARANAGATHI”,  in praise of the Holy Feet of Sri Bhagwan. Once he was afflicted with boils on his legs and he was suffering due to terrible pain. All medication had failed. He had the deep Faith that only Sri Arunachala could cure and relieve him of this pain.   Then one day, somebody knocked at his door. He called out, ‘Who is there?’The reply was “Arunachala”. In great surprise he opened the door and found two Brahmins standing there. He greeted them courteously and bowed at their feet. They told him that they were pilgrims from Tiruvannamalai on their way to north. When they were taking leave of Sri Bhagwan, He instructed them to break their journey at Berthampore and meet Sri Iyer. To him, they were Messengers from Sri Bhagwan Himself. When they saw Sri Iyer’s pitiable condition, they made a paste of tamarind mixed with some fragrant gum and smeared his legs with the paste. The next morning there was no trace of the boils on his legs!

SRI  IYER  SAYS  THAT  IT  WAS  THEN  THAT  HE  COMPOSED  THE  SONG  ‘SARANAGATHI’,  THE  FAMOUS  SONG  WHICH  IS  OFTEN  SUNG  BY  HIS  DEVOTEES  FOR  INVOKING  HIS  GRACE.

SARANAGATHI
                  (Pallavi)
I surrender unto you (myself).
Where else am I to surrender myself
Tell me?     (I surrender myself)

(Anu Pallavi)
Who is perfect in Arunachala,
Who endows one with ultimate Release,
O Ramana, Rain cloud of Compassion,
Is this not the appropriate time
For granting me Your Glance of Grace?
If You delay, Lo, what am I to do?
My Lover, remove my sorrow
And grant me bliss. (I surrender myself)

I can’t bear any more indifference,
O Brahmana. (One who Brahman Itself)
(I surrender myself unto You)

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 14, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »
Dear Anil,,

Manavasi Ramaswami Iyer first wrote this poem only to cure his colic pain.  Bhagavan asked him to dine with Him and the colic
pain disappeared from that night.  Thereafter, when he was suffering from boils in his legs, someone came all the way to
Kanpur (?) and gave him prasadam.  He took it chanting Saranagati song and it got cured overnight.

One interesting thing is that his daughter was living in kanpur on the second or third floor of the building and she was not
getting enough tap water to the second floor. She was also pregnant then, and she could not climb down the stairs and
so she simply prayed to Bhagavan and placed the bucket under the tap and sang Saranagati song.  The tap started flowing
with water.  She showed this miracle to her husband too.  But when her husband tried, the tap did not work!

Arunachala Siva.         

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 15, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“One interesting thing is that his daughter was living in kanpur on the second or third floor of the building and she was not
getting enough tap water to the second floor. She was also pregnant then, and she could not climb down the stairs and
so she simply prayed to Bhagavan and placed the bucket under the tap and sang Saranagati song. The tap started flowing
with water. She showed this miracle to her husband too. But when her husband tried, the tap did not work.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

When the husband tried, the tap did not work because he didn’t have the same Faith either in Sri Bhagwan or in the Saranagathi song that his wife had.  It is said that the Faith can move mountains. Faith is of utmost importance in spiritual life. If we engage in Vichara without any faltering of Faith, with perseverance, Sri Bhagwan is always available, taking more and more of our responsibility and leading us to Self-awareness with firm, appropriate and timely Guidance.

Sri Muruganar: Since it is very rare for faith to arise in something, should such a faith be born in anyone, that person should, with devotion, unwaveringly protect and nurture that new-born babe as if it were the wish-fulfilling cow of heaven [Kamadhenu].

Therefore, I feel that our Sradha or Faith in the Guru and His Teaching should never waver until we merge with the Holy, Lotus Feet.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: October 15, 2013, 06:07:34 PM »
     THE MAGICIAN RAMANA

Awareness wherein brightly shine
These many forms of persons, places, time,
All separate-seeming though in substance One:
Into that same Awareness he transmuted
This ‘I’ of mine. Now , nothing to be known,
My past undone, my being His,
I stand, unruffled Bliss.
Untouched by any shock.
Lord Siva-Venkatesa He who, King of kings, came conquering
And made me His alone.

What is this ‘I’ that rises from within?
Only a thought that, like a bubble, floats
Up to the troubled surface of Awareness.
In sleep the sea is still, no bubble rises:
Then too you are.
You’re not the ‘I’ that rises and then sets,
You are the sole Awareness in the All,
The eternal, uncreated Light of Being.

No form or feature has he of His own,
Yet form and feature to all being gives;
Knowledge and ignorance, both to Him unknown,
Each human mind from Him alone derives.
He brought me into being but to think
Of Him as ‘You’, of me and mine as ‘Yours’;
And He has left me wordless, deedless, prone,
Helpless on death’s brink.
Only the vast beatitude endures.
Three Stanzas from Sri Muruganar’s ‘Suttaruttal’, translated by Prof. Sri K. Swaminathan

Pranam,
  Anil     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 15, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »
Sri Narendra sang:

Oh, when will dawn blessed day
When Love will waken in my heart?
When will my tears flow uncontrolled
As I repeat Lord Hari’s name,
And all my longing be fulfilled?