Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 759283 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3375 on: September 07, 2013, 05:11:05 PM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

No. You may see as you like, or as you want to, but my post that you refer to is not a response to anyone’s comment.  That is my own heart-felt response to the certainty of the ever continued Presence of the Sadguru. I do not nurture any real or perceived grievance towards anyone, not in the least for a devotee.  I am here not to argue, but only to keep the Great Teaching always in focus and thus whenever I have time and opportunity I aspire to post one or two posts as part of my sadhana and thus keep established at His Lotus Feet.  I do not hold any malice towards anyone, and I was taken aback by your unwarranted reaction to a post in which I have innocently sought to reiterate Sri Bhagwan’s continued Presence once again. I do not remember how many times I have done that under this thread itself. That is all. However, I wonder that I did not even mention your name, and therefore I do not know what did you perceive that you posted such a fierce reaction. Now, I do not know but I wish I would have stopped posting in this august forum. Sri Bhagwan alone knows.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: September 07, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Bhakti is a feeling of Love. Is it not? And we know that the feeling of love exists inherently and innately in all creatures under the sky. So, Love exists everywhere, It is universal. It is the Self. So, It exists, and there is no need for It to seek why does It exist. The Self is Existence Itself and Love is the Self. Self is Love and Love is God. Does the Self need a reason to exist?
When we like and adore someone or something, this liking and this adoration are the love towards that someone or something. When this Love is pure, unalloyed, and non-dual in which there is no subject to love and no object of love, this Pure Love is the Self or Siva who is Supreme Brahman. Love, by nature is pure. However, Sri Bhagwan has taught that love of an object is of an inferior order and cannot endure (Talk—433). Therefore, it follows that Love or Bhakti has different degrees of superiority or inferiority depending on the purity of the mind of the devotees.
Sri Muruganar sang:

The heart-knot is full of the darkness of ignorance, and it is illusory. When this knot snaps and opens, consciousness, like the sky, surges undividedly, leading to a clear and enduring peace in which the Self shines forth in the Heart. Only the love for the Self that springs forth in the Heart is true devotion that is full of auspiciousness.
V. 1209, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

Only those fortunate ones who live depending upon the Self, taking it to be their Supreme and Eternal Refuge, will attain the Self, their Truth. For all others, that liberation, the endless Supreme Abode of Grace, is impossible to attain by any means whatever.
V.  1210, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

Therefore, dear devotees, only the Love for the Self that springs forth in the Heart is the true Devotion that is full of auspiciousness and   THOSE  DEVOTEES   WHO  ARE   CAUGHT  UP  IN  UNCEASING  LOVE ( FOR THE SELF AND FOR ALL)  ARE  SURE TO ATTAIN ATMA-SWARUPA. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #3377 on: September 07, 2013, 05:19:21 PM »
Now, I do not know but I wish I would have stopped posting in this august forum. Sri Bhagwan alone knows.

It would be great lost for this forum. Not to mention that some people come here only for reading your posts. But this is just my thought.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: September 07, 2013, 05:33:16 PM »
Anil/Nagaraj/jewell/friends,
It happened the other day that I posted from The Gospel in the 'Ekadasi' thread that had the master's reference to 'M' as an 'English man' :)
I had explained what the master meant by 'English man'.
Sometimes misunderstandings happen-but as devotees,it is necessary for us to set aside the 'ego' and use these situations as opportunities.
Please ignore what is not meant for us and even if we are misunderstood sometimes-just get past that remembering that God alone matters.
We are here for 'two days'(dO dhin kA mehmAn)!
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: September 07, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
Dear Sri Anil ji, Jewel Ji, Friends

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: September 07, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
Dear Anil,

I have always appreciated your posting about Sri Bhagavan's Self Inquiry method and confined your posts only to that
subject.  Your posts are valuable contributions to the Forum. 

The subject of Living Guru and dead Guru have been discussed at this Forum ad nauseum.   I have already explained
this point in my posts.  A Living Guru is one who always lives eternally because He is the Self.  He is ever present.
He is everywhere.  Even today in the Asramam visitors and devotees come and sit in meditation in the Old Hall and
have enjoyed the Grace of Bhagavan abundantly.  (Bhagavan has said: Where can I go? I am here.)  I have also
posted stories about Sri Ramana Giri and others who had come to Sri Bhagavan after He had left His mortal coil.
Still there were immensely benefited.  Even today for many devotees, He comes in dream and advises the course for
correct Self Inquiry and other sadhanas. (e.g. Andavan Pichai). 

Coming to living gurus, one thing how many years they may live?  They may also be dead one day and become dead
gurus.  Unless they have the power to influence you from their Samadhi, there is no point in giving importance only
to their living.  What is living? Living is living with a body and breathing in and out.  When the body is dead then they
also come under dead gurus.  So unless they influence devotees to do sadhanas from their Samadhi, there is no use.
Sri Bhagavan has said that the body is itself unreal.  Then what is the point in sticking to a guru who has only body
and no attainment / experience of their own. Only such of those  who had experience of Self can really give upadesa
to others.

Even today we pray Sri Rama and Sri Krishna, as Ishta devatas (at least by many if not all).  Are they living now in this earth.
Then, how Sri Rama gave darshan to Saint Tyagaraja?

Are they not giving their grace to all those who are their ardent devotees?

So "living guru" is a short sighted concept.

Arunachala 'Siva.                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: September 07, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »

Sri Bhagavan has said:

You wanted to see my form. You saw my disappearance. I am formless. So that experience might be the real truth. The further visions may be according to your own conceptions derived from the study of the Bhagavad Gita. But Ganapathi Muni had a similar experience and you may consult him.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: September 07, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »
Subramanian,
This is to put things in the perspective that I understand:

Coming to living gurus, one thing how many years they may live?  They may also be dead one day and become dead
gurus.

Even today we pray Sri Rama and Sri Krishna, as Ishta devatas (at least by many if not all).  Are they living now in this earth.
Then, how Sri Rama gave darshan to Saint Tyagaraja

The question is not 'how many Years they may live'.The Real question is how many quality years we live and if all of us anyway worship Rama or Krishna ,where then is the need for a 'Guru'?We may as well say it is not necessary!We may say that we can take charge of our life and sadhana.

It is just that if we are in right earnest,the Guru will come in a physical form as well and guide us.He then will also guide us and reveal his all pervading aspect and as the inner guru in us.

Suppose Sri Bhagavan was not born at all,then where will be our so called 'Devotion' to Bhagavan be?It is the 'Few' years that he lived that has been significant and an inspiration for us.So,there is validity in the physical and tangible manifestation of the Guru-and as long as he is living,one kind of benefit can be derived from his contact and association.No one can deny this.It is on account of this 'Physical and tangible association' as recorded by other devotees only that we are in a position to be inspired by such a life and be in a position to recognize it as such.

Let us say that Sri Bhagavan again comes to earth(Just for arguement sake,as a Hypothesis),will we recognize him as 'Sri Bhagavan'?We will be latching onto 'our Bhagavan' and ignore the actual manifestation-In fact all forms are sri bhagavan only and all the Great ones are his form only.Do we recognize this?Most likely we will say-
'Bhagavan is our Guru.we do not need any other'.We need to understand who Sri Bhagavan is as he himself revealed in so many ways-and imbibe the spirit of it.

I am reminded of a story of Akbar and Birbal-There was once a debate among the people in the court of Emperor Akbar-The debate was 'Who is Great-God or Akbar?'.Birbal said -'I know atleast one area where assuredly Akbar is greater than God'.
Akbar came to know of this and asked Birbal to validate his position.
Birbal said-'O Emperor!If I do a grievous Wrong you can excommunicate me from your kingdom.God cannot do such a thing!His kingdom is everywhere.So in this respect you are more powerful than God!'

Likewise ,There is no place on earth,no being on earth where Sri Bhagavan is not.However,he is certainly more accessible in the heart of the Great ones.We can only benefit if we recognize this and if we are receptive we will get all the guidance from any quarter.This certainly is not going to detract from our devotion to 'our Bhagavan'.

Namaskar.

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: September 07, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »

Dear Friends

I am not at all sure I can add anything sensible at this point - but here goes

i) I have no idea why Sri Nagaraj replied "I am afraid" to a recent post. But then he added a smile which for me turned the whole thing into a zen koan which I liked very much and made me smile too.  Thank you.

ii) Could what has happened here  demonstrate that "earnestness" can be problematic if it encourages thought.

iii) My own experience is that Bhagavan and Jesus never argue and are  not  jealous of each other. Out of my attempts at being still  often come understandings of one of the other - or should that be of the other of one.

I have read this - and will not complicate by saying whose wisdom it is  -

" Why should one search another man's house, when he has not searched his own house, for a thing he lost while at home ?"

Thank you everybody.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »
Dear Hari,

Regarding your post here,all difference which i can see is,you actually tried mountain path,with your grandparents.
Direct way is direct way,to some it can be hard,we are all different,like you said. But we must actually try it,for some respective period of time,and then we can judge.

Also,it depends what we want. If we wish to pass our time,do all sorts of things along the way,we will chose long way. But if we actually run like we want to  save our life from a tiger,we will certainly chose shortest. Also,you can chose any path you want,it is your own thing,and your life. We all chose the way which is most easiest for us,well,which is actually our own way. They are not important after all,just our goal is.

With love and prayers,

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

I will be honest with you,and explain all this happenings,so to say. I think that You,all here,including me,are actually doing the thing for which You accused Sri Anil. All those post in Your musings thread,after that post here,are actually just that. I dont wish to argue with anyone,i just speak what I think. Also,i was disapointed with Your comment from ekadasi thread.

From the first day,i dont have any bad intention. Your practice is not my concern,and I dont want to say to You what You should do. I consider You for a friend,and I am like that,that I must say to my friends,or show,when I think they are wrong. I simply dont think You shold leave Your practice of self enquiry,and I dont understand Your search for a living Guru,and obsession to submit to some new autority after so many years spend with Bhagavan. I believe that we must be able to stand on our own feet,and threading our path trusting firstly in ourselves. That is strenght,that is greatness,that is all . Actually,You have Bhagavan,Sri Ramakrishna and Sai Baba,so You are not alone.
You can ignore my thoughts,and that is not the point,but I feel I must say what I think. Also,i can be wrong,and all my post are actually something in which I believe. You do what Your heart tells You.

With love and prayers,

Dear Sri Ravi,

My reaction other day was like that coz dont think You can explain others people intention,for simply reason You cannot know someone's intention. It is His to say,not Yours.
Also,i dont agree that we need a leaving Guru,coz my Guru said so. That is final autority for me. What anybody else will do is not my problem,but I am against aimlessly searching for Guru,after Bhagavan or Sri Nisargadatta,or Sri Ramakrishna. If someone is not pleased with them,he will not be pleased ever. It is tricky to find true Guru in these times,a living one.

And something very important,we actualy have a leaving guru. ARUNACHALA

And I strongly disagree that ego can be left to play servant,or anything else. Either You have it,or dont. God does not need servants,and Gurus also. All that is for us,not for God. Bhagavan did not want servants,Maharaj also,in fact,all were only bother to them I believe. So,for me,only ego extintion is realisation. And,again and again,dear Sri Ravi, You turn this like bhakti jnana war,when actually,it is not,but my general" disagreement with Your presentation and view of bhakti. I could be also wrong,i leave that possability,but honestly,i dont think so.

I dont have anything against You Sir,this is just conflict of views.

With love and prayers,

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:52:50 AM by Jewell »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: September 08, 2013, 02:39:24 AM »
Dear Sri Anil,Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Regarding living guru subject,i completely agree with Your views on the same. I think that Bhagavan said many times that He should not be regarded like person,or body. That is whole essence of His teachings,in fact. Bhagavan is reality,and we should look on Him like that. His famous sentence "Where can i go. I am here",is actually only this,I cannot go anywhere coz i am the Self,which is ever present,and underlaying principle of everything which exist. How can the Self die,or go anywhere? He is Sadguru,Supreme,He is That. He is our own nature,so where can He go? And that HERE,from Bhagavan words, is everything. Its meaning. That is why it is not important to seek any other Guru elsewhere. Even more,everything He said,teached,is recorded,we are reading this every day,so we can know everything we wish to know. And even more,Bhagavan main teaching was Silence,again,because That He Is. He is more Guru than anyone can be,and i believe He can give me more than anyone living can.

I dont think that all should think in this way,everyone knows for himself if he needs a living guru or not. Some probably do,coz that is their own path,and Guru which finds them is their own. But that is the whole point actually. "If He finds them"! Not that we should aimlessly search for the one. And we all know when our Guru finds us. It is His job,not ours. And when we are truly devoted to the one Guru,like Bhagavan is,even if we also should have a living one,Bhagavan will point on Him actually. But that new one,so to say,will certainly not have totally different essence and core of his teaching. It will be truly the same in essence.

So,for me,Bhagavan is all we need,all else He will give to us,if we need it.

Also,Bhagavan again and again pointed on Arunachala. Arunachala is the Self,Arunachala is the living Guru!!!

Dear Sri Anil,we all read Your posts everyday,i am glad we have someone like You here,and i hope You will continue Your thread! It is a great help to all.

Infact,i am happy all our friends are here,with different views,temperaments. It is good. That is real satsang. Not some boring one.   :) All share something very unique and special.
 I know that You are so purely and strongly holding onto Bhagavan words,and that is something wonderful indeed.

Thank You Very much,dear friend,Sri Anil For beautiful posts!

Just to add,for all,all these are just my true views,and not intention to provoke some argument!!!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:08:52 AM by Jewell »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: September 08, 2013, 11:05:34 AM »
cefnbrithdir,
Your emphasis on silence is indeed very important.If we dwell there,we will not have any conflict.Yet words and thoughts have to be employed and the problem lies here as you have pointed out when you said:
Could what has happened here  demonstrate that "earnestness" can be problematic if it encourages thought
It is not that earnestness is the problem-if one is earnest one still gets back on track.Full marks to our Friend Nagaraj in posting that sweet apology. Hope  we noticed that. :)

Where then is the Problem?It will be helpful to understand this-to take this live example and learn something fundamental and universal.

This is what Sri Aurobindo says in his wonderful 'Thoughts and aphorisms' (No.44)

Only those thoughts are true the opposite of which is also true in its own time and application; indisputable dogmas are the most dangerous kind of falsehoods

Mother's Commentary:
The absolute, infinite, eternal Truth is unthinkable for the mind, which can conceive only what is spatial, temporal, fragmentary and limited.
Thus, on the mental plane the absolute Truth is divided into innumerable fragmentary and contradictory truths which, in their entirety, strive to reproduce, insofar as possible, the original Truth.
If one element of this totality is taken separately and affirmed as the only true one, however central or comprehensive it may be, it necessarily becomes a falsehood, since it denies all the rest of the Total Truth.

Many a time,it is on account of our one-sided ness that we tend to argue -also to emphasize the opposite side when it is not given due attention. :)

To sum up,Earnestness is always a Plus and is what it is,always recommended.

Namaskar. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: September 08, 2013, 11:16:07 AM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“I have already explained
this point in my posts. A Living Guru is one who always lives eternally because He is the Self. He is ever present.
He is everywhere. Even today in the Asramam visitors and devotees come and sit in meditation in the Old Hall and
have enjoyed the Grace of Bhagavan abundantly. (Bhagavan has said: Where can I go? I am here.)”

“So unless they influence devotees to do sadhanas from their Samadhi, there is no use.
Sri Bhagavan has said that the body is itself unreal. Then what is the point in sticking to a guru who has only body
and no attainment / experience of their own. Only such of those who had experience of Self can really give upadesa
to others.”

“So "living guru" is a short sighted concept.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

What a wonderful post! Thanks very much, sir.

Dear sir, I never wish to say anything to anyone who is seeking a guru—living, dead or fake. As far I am concerned, the Guru found me and I gaze at Him, practice a Sadhana He enjoined, and I am quite peaceful. Whatever need I have, it gets fulfilled. I am often getting, of late, in extraordinarily difficult situations, and He invariably is there to extricate me and steer me clear of the dire predicament I am finding myself in, when I am exasperated in my sadhana, He again is invariably ever readily available to take me out of the abyss. I  AM  AWARE  THAT  HIS  GRACE  AND  MUNIFICENCE  HAVE  NO  LIMITATION  WHATEVER.

Dear sir, I am not able to understand and I find it rather queer and strange the view, now-a-days often expressed in this forum, that one’s mind should not be closed and remain open to all guidance from whatever quarter they are coming. ONLY   THEN   ONE   WILL   BE   FULFILLED  AND  CAN  BECOME  A  TRUE  BHAKTA.  But I wish to make it clear that I do not need any guidance from outside. I am aware of my Goal and I feel that His Grace is always there to gravitate me towards that Goal. No power on earth can distract and deflect me from my Path shown by His Grace. Glimpse and Light are there to follow to the Goal.
Dear sir, I never said that Jnana Marga or Vichara (as taught by Him) is the only Path. I do not also understand and find it quite queer, in a forum devoted to the Life and Teaching of Bhagwan Sri Ramana, that somebody should come and tell that it is impossible to get rid of the ego and one must have bhakti, as if one who is devoted to Sri Bhagwan and His Teaching is devoid of love and devotion. I find all these development in the forum rather strange and unfortunate. ANY  ATTEMPT,  EVEN  FAINTLY,  TO  CREATE  CONFUSION  IN THE MINDS OF THE ONES WHO PRACTICE SRI BHAGWAN’S TEACHING OF THE ATMA-VICHARA OR SELF-SURRENDER  IS DANGEROUS, TO SAY THE LEAST,  AND ONE SHOULD BE  ESCHEW BY ONE AND ALL HERE AT LEAST IN THIS FORUM. I feel that we are here not to indulge in comparative study of different gurus.   
Ji. Yes, sir, I wish to reiterate once again that Sri Bhagwan’s Grace and the Path shown by Him are more than cent percent enough. Those who do not find it enough are always free to go, do, and follow what is to their liking.  But ‘I’, the closed-minded devotee should be left alone. I feel that following a Guru or Gurus other than Sri Bhagwan and seeking to make points against the great Teaching is unwarranted.

Thanks very much, sir, for your wonderful response. I wished to say the same, but perhaps I woud not have been to do it with such fineness and delicacy.

Pranam,
 Anil           

Dear Sri Jewell and Sri Hari, I would respond to your beautiful posts sometime in the afternoon today when I get ample time to contemplate and form an adequate response. Thanks very much dear friends. Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: September 08, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:

“Regarding living guru subject, i completely agree with Your views on the same. I think that Bhagavan said many times that He should not be regarded like person, or body. That is whole essence of His teachings, in fact. Bhagavan  is reality, and we should look on Him like that. His famous sentence "Where can i go. I am here", is actually only this, I cannot go anywhere coz i am the Self, which is ever present, and underlying principle of everything which exist. How can the Self die, or go anywhere? He is Sadguru, Supreme, He is That. He is our own nature, so where can He go? And that HERE, from Bhagavan words, is everything. Its meaning. That is why it is not important to seek any other Guru elsewhere. Even more, everything He said, teached, is recorded, we are reading this every day, so we can know everything we wish to know. And even more, Bhagavan  main teaching was Silence, again, because That He Is. He is more Guru than anyone can be, and i believe He can give me more than anyone living can.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes. Exactly. I have also understood that the Divine Purpose of the Embodiment of Lord Sri Arunachala as Bhagwan Sri Ramana is only this: TO  TEACH  THAT  NEITHER  THE  GURU  NOR  THE  DISCIPLES   ARE  THE  BODY,  BUT  VERILY  THE  FORMLESS  SELF,  BY  CONSTANTLY  REMINDING  US:  “WHO  WE  REALLY  ARE.”
Dear friend, Sri Jewell, what I wish to convey to you has been summed up so profoundly by the great devotee, Sri Arthur Osborne, in the following two paragraph:

NOT  MANY  ARE  THERE  WITH  DISCRIMINATION  WHO  TAKE  THE  DIRECT  ROYAL  ROAD  AND  WHO  CAN  FOLLOW  THE  EVER-PRESENT  LIVING   INNER  GURU  IN  THE  HEART,  WHO  IS  THE  CORE  OF  THEIR  BEING.  When expedient He may appear in a human form. Embodied or not makes no difference for He is not the body as Sri Bhagwan kept reminding us. Once a devotee, Miss Merston, intercepted Him on Arunachala to ask whether she should return to England after several years of absence or stay on, and Bhagwan  replied: Remember, wherever you go or stay Bhagwan is always with you, watching you.”

Sri Osborne writes further thus:

Many there are whose complicated minds make them seek by-ways. More often than not they become attached to self-styled gurus misguided and misguiding others, and thus genuinely deluded. It is a sign of times—the time of false Christ and false prophets of which Christ warned His followers. Some such are widely known and publicized, others almost unknown. They make the highest possible claims for themselves or allow their disciples to make them; this is Christ at his second coming, that one God Incarnate. How far are they self-deluded and how far consciously deluding others is usually hard to say.

Dear friend, I find Sri Subramanian Sir’s profound observation quite relevant and apt here:

Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“I have already explained
this point in my posts. A Living Guru is one who always lives eternally because He is the Self. He is ever present.
He is everywhere. Even today in the Asramam visitors and devotees come and sit in meditation in the Old Hall and
have enjoyed the Grace of Bhagavan abundantly. (Bhagavan has said: Where can I go? I am here.)”

And when he observed “So ‘living guru’ is a short sighted concept.” , it touched a deep chord within the heart.

Thanks very much, dear friend Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: September 08, 2013, 05:21:21 PM »
Quote from Sri Hari:
“It was pleasure to walk. We didn't think about will we make it but instead we talked about so many interesting things.”

Quote from Sri Jewell:
“Regarding your post here,all difference which i can see is, you actually tried mountain path, with your grandparents.
Direct way is direct way, to some it can be hard, we are all different, like you said. But we must actually try it, for some respective period of time, and then we can judge.

Also, it depends what we want. If we wish to pass our time, do all sorts of things along the way, we will chose long way. But if we actually run like we want to save our life from a tiger, we will certainly chose shortest. Also, you can chose any path you want, it is your own thing, and your life. We all chose the way which is most easiest for us, well, which is actually our own way. They are not important after all, just our goal is.”

Dear Sri Hari,

Sri Jewell’s response almost echoes my own feelings regarding the ascent to the Peak through the Direct Path. However, I wish to add that, yes, as you said, on the Direct path ascent may be sheer, a little more steeper, with no pleasant groves to rest in and chat on the way. However, to compensate for this, the Path is direct and the Crest is visible even from the plains below and throughout the ascent. This is why Sri Bhagwan affirmed that there are no stages in Realisation in this Path.

I would again like to quote Sri Arthur Osborne here as follows:

Sri Osborne: “….for there are paths on which the wayfarer does not aim at realisation of the Self, the ultimate and supreme Truth, or at any rate not directly and the term ‘realisation’ is used with a different meaning, to signify merely the attainment of some higher state which, however, is equally transient and illusory within the ultimate reality of the Self. HOWEVER, ALTHOUGH  THE  WAYFARER ON THE DIRECT PATH DOES NOT ATTAIN TO ANY HIGHER STATES ALONG THE WAY, HE MAY BE BLESSED WITH GLIMPSES OF PURE SELF-REALISATION , BEYOND ALL STATES , WHICH WILL SUFFUSE AND IRRADIATE HIS WHOLE LIFE.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil