Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756751 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3345 on: September 03, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
Dear Sri cefnbrithdir, Sri Anil ji and Friends

A difference in line of thought occurred when i happen to come across line of thoughts such as Holding on to the 'I' which as i responded back then, expressing myself that this according to my humble understanding was not the Self Enquiry as taught by Bhagavan, but yes, this holding on to the 'I' does help to keep the other thoughts from sprouting and so on.

Keeping this on hand, holding on to 'I' does not comprise atleast a complete Self Enquiry. Self Enquiry as i have understood is a step further, demands a complete attention on the very source, the source, the absolute, and this attention is most dynamic and absolutely is an intense, intense tapas.

Keeping these factors on hand, we may tend to just continue with simply holding on to the 'I' feeling alone and cease from continuing the real Self Enquiry that results in Self Extinction, the death of Ego.

What we are doing is we are doing our roles in our stations of life effectively keeping the attention on the 'I', ie being aware, but this is not the end. This is merely to remain unclutched, and to remain in contact with the Self, but the extinction of ego is not allowed to occur because it requires diverting the attention to the source, and unless this is carried out, the auxiliaries may be necessary as the case may be, to each one in his own way. Therefore i humbly feel, it would be daring to stake claim that one is doing absolute Self Enquiry actually.

I believe that holding on to the 'I' feeling does not constitute Self Enquiry, however it is just an aid to sticking around!!

Thanks so much

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: September 03, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »
Quote from Sri cefnbrithir:
“But to stray into whether there are no "rules" or lots of "rules" is itself to become dominated by the question of rules which has plagued all aspirants of all faiths for all time.

It is itself a form of duality which the struggling and fearful (of its demise) ego can cling to.

Take the question of food. Bhagavan and others are in accord that whatever you eat is an irrelevance to the realised jnani. Yet Bhagavan was equally clear that some foods should be avoided for various reasons in aiding our sadhana.”

Dear Sri cefnbrithir,

Sri Bhagwan : Regulation of life, such as getting up at a fixed hour, bathing, doing manana, japa, etc., observing ritual, ALL THIS FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT FEEL DRAWN TO SELF-ENQUIRY OR ARE NOT CAPABLE OF IT. BUT FOR THOSE WHO CAN PRACTICE THIS METHOD ALL RULES AND DISCIPLINE ARE UNNECESSARY.
Day by Day with Bhagwan

Dear Sri cefnbrithir, you see Sri Bhagwan has taught without any ambiguity whatever that for those  WHO  FEEL DRAWN  TO  SELF-ENQUIRY  and are capable of practicing this method, ALL  RULES  AND  DISCIPLINE  ARE  UNNECESSARY. Therefore, it follows that if one is drawn to this Ultimate Method and love practicing it, such a one, in my view, need not bother about whether one should adhere to rules and discipline. All secondary or auxiliary practices, I am certain, will drop of themselves, because they are needed no more. Why is this so particularly with the Sadhana of the Atma-Vichara? Because, yes, you have, in my view, understood it right.
Your quote:
“But to stray into whether there are no "rules" or lots of "rules" is itself to become dominated by the question of rules which has plagued all aspirants of all faiths for all time.

It is itself a form of duality which the struggling and fearful (of its demise) ego can cling to.”

Yes, because Atma-vichara is non-dual in nature in which enquirer is not different from the enquired. Therefore, in my view, any conscious and steadfast adherence to any dualistic practice, while at the same time practicing Vichara, may cause hindrance in the single minded pursuit OF OUR SOURCE by the sadhana of the Atma-vichara. This is why Sri Bhagwan taught even surrender as GIVING  ONESELF  TO  THE  ORIGINAL  CAUSE  OF  ONE’S  BEING. Our Source is within ourselves. SRI BHAGWAN TAUGHT TO GIVE OURSELVES TO IT. That is, we should seek the Source and merge in It. That is Bhakti or Surrender, Jnana and Yoga.   

However, as Sri Bhagwan Himself has cautioned that this does not mean that one should wilfully transgress scriptural injunctions. 

Dear friend Sri cefnbrithir, A Jnani transcends all stages. When a great fire is raging, it is immaterial what fuel is added to it. Everything will be consumed and engulfed. But so long as one is still a sdhaka, one should understand that the quality of food influences the mind. THE MIND FEEDS ON THE FOOD CONSUMED. Therefore, of course, a seeker should regulate his food both in quantity and quality.
Sri Bhagwan: Non-irritants are eaten, avoiding chillies, excess of salt, onions, wine, opium etc.
So, yes, Satvic food in moderate quantity is certainly helpful to our spiritual development. There is no doubt about that.

Thanks very much, dear Sri cefnbrithir.
Pranam,
  Anil     

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: September 03, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »

Dear Sri Anil

Thank you for your reply. I like agreeing with you !

I was also musing previously that whilst we remain sadhakas, discrimination would seem to  continue to play an important role, particularly when we are not fully occupied (silently) with Self Enquiry. Doubtless our discrimination continues to deepen with the depth of our practice but what will be helpful or unhelpful or indeed unecessary in our continuing sadhaka can appear to have various influences/coincidences that our minds read rightly or wrongly in a particular way. We can get caught up in this.  With Bhagavan's great grace I feel increasingly fortunate to mistrust what my mind is thinking most (or should that be all) of the time - the solution, as you  say, is more vichara.

Your discussion with Sri Nagaraj touched on the question of generalisation and how  best to converse with  others on their spiritual journeys.  Again with Bhagavan's great grace I am becoming "quieter" -  realising that when there is obvious "doership" in what I am saying or doing, it is likely inappropriate in those particular circumstances and when I get out of the way and it all flows that that generally feels allright.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to always know how best to respond to someone who asks some spiritual question of you or how to illicit in them the love and knowledge that Bhagavan has given you ?

I can just about conceive of what it means when Bhagavan asks a devotee "Are you in the house or is  the house in you ?" and the presumed extension of that - "Are you in the house surrounded by other people or are the house and everyone around you in you ?"  But the question of what Bhagavan saw in front of him; answering often silently the queries and doubts of individuals ; looking at particular people in a  way which invariably changed their lives is of course quite beyond me and rightly so. I understand he usually said he was doing nothing - and I believe him - and yet you never quite know with Bhagavan whether his answers were just what was best for you and others at the time  - or the "full story".

( I was reading yesterday Bhagavan's conversation in 1948 with Sri NR Krishnamurti Aiyer when it seems for the only time he let it be clearly  known the extent to which his taking on of the problems of his devotees had bodily affected him.  (Power of the Presence Vol 1 pp 172-3).)

Anyway this is idle and probably egotistical speculation. Back to vichara.

Thank you.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: September 03, 2013, 10:40:08 PM »
Dear Sri Anil Ji,

I just got some thoughts to share here with you. Before that, i would like to let you know that i have high regard and respect for you, and really admire your perseverance and your posts and views are something that i do regard highly and read them with much importance. I also request you to kindly bear with my communication as it may generally be rather straight and generally does not reflect the warmth and love that i have for you .

Coming to what i wanted to share:

Sri Bhagwan : Regulation of life, such as getting up at a fixed hour, bathing, doing manana, japa, etc., observing ritual,  ALL  THIS  FOR  PEOPLE  WHO  DO  NOT  FEEL  DRAWN  TO  SELF-ENQUIRY  OR  ARE  NOT  CAPABLE  OF  IT.  BUT  FOR  THOSE  WHO  CAN  PRACTICE  THIS  METHOD   ALL  RULES  AND   DISCIPLINE   ARE   UNNECESSARY.

Isn't it ironical that we all more or less wake up at a fixed hour bathe and get ready and dress up in an acceptable manner by the society and the place where we work; and instead of japa or manana, we observe the ritual of our service and utter the words and speak what is in tune with our service. Even though these are not required for Self Enquiry still, it is very much required as we are still using this body. We still have a definite identity with this body service the purpose, what ever it may be.

i shared a conversation with Bhagavan under the Bhagavan Teachings thread:

D.: If the Self be always realised we should only keep still. Is that so?

M.: If you can keep still without engaging in any other pursuits, it is very good. If that cannot be done, where is the use of being quiet so far as realisation is concerned? So long as one is obliged to be active, let him not give up the attempt to realise the Self.

It goes to bring light to us that yes we are obliged to be active and are using the body to achieve some end purpose. Which we are unable to let go this body as yet. So long we are carrying this body, or rather obliged to carry this body, are we not reciprocally obliged to take care of this body? And hence, even though we may be practicing Self Enquiry all the time, still we are obliged to wake up at fixed hour, bathe, cleanly dress up, report to our boses, do the essential work japa and work manana, are we not obliged to maintain the various rules and disciplines? Therefore we cannot say or are we in a position to say auxiliary or supplementary practices are not necessary. We would rather do these practices for God rather than doing it for our Job? isn't it? Why not wake up at a fixed hour to prostrate to Bhagavan rather to got to office, why not dress up well in adoration of this temple of body rather than dressing up for work? Why not utter arunachala shiva rather than going and saying good morning or a Hi to our bosses and subordinates and friends? Isn't this more optimistic and a celebration of life?

Leaving us aside, we are talking about practicing Self Enquiry, look at Bhagavan, who is the SELF Himself, who had no practices to follow. He was himself obliged to stick to certain disciplines, and certain rules set by ashram, and he had his own standard routine.

Bhagavan has said several such things, but i feel they are said so to foster shraddha into the person, to give in his utmost faith and concentration to self enquiry. Who wouldn't feel happy if a Guru comes and tells just dont do anything, nothing is required if you are able to do self enquiry.

Take for instance, Girish Ghosh had surrendered to Ramakrishna, in most beautiful way, Master asked him to give away his power of attorney. please read here: http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/gospel/introduction/girish.htm

Now that does not mean, there is left no onus on the part of Girish Ghosh. An unsaid responsibility still lay on the hands of Girish Ghosh, even though he had submitted his power of attorney. In the same manner too, we too are responsible for this body. For instance will we not wake up at a fixed early time had Bhagavan been around now? would we not bathe and go clean and fresh and dress ourselves in a manner that is acceptable?

Adi Shankara has said in his works, after having realised the in-dweller, do not neglect the body, and he goes to tell us treat it as a temple, and along with it comes what one may like.

Again, we now see, how even though nothing is really required, yet, still we are obliged to accept some auxiliary practices because we have this body, and Bhagavan too did take a good care of his body, sang songs, read books, composed prayers and prayed to Arunachala for his Mothers cure, circumabulated the Sri Chakra and so on.

Thanks so very much, Sri Anil ji

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: September 04, 2013, 12:23:15 AM »

Dear Sri Nagaraj

I don't wish to interrupt but should you not be distinguishing what is necesssary to keep the temple of our bodies in sufficiently good order, to fulfil the wonderful opportunity we have in it,  and whether or not various spiritual practices such as puja, study of the sastras etc are essential elements of sadhana.

I don't think Sri Anil was saying we have to give these latter up. I think he was saying that there are not necessary for Self Enquiry and also that such practices may - in the end or at some point  - be distractions or unhelpful whereas Self Enquiry "to conclusion" is essential.

Were not some of Bhagavan's words on this to assure those who were concerned that they should not be giving up these other practices  - despite finding that they were no longer helpful to them -  that they need not worry and that there was no requirement  to continue with them.

I thought one of the issues on which Bhagavan very occasionally came close to showing irritation was when people were unnecessarily  telling others what to do or what not to do in their own personal sadhana.  We certainly   need to be able to see very clearly before knowing how to advise in any given situation and to  any particular person on such matters.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: September 04, 2013, 07:13:01 AM »
cefnbrithdir/Nagaraj/Anil/Friends,
Interesting discussion here and a very earnest and worthy one at that.I find here genuine earnestness on the part of each one-all devotees with genuine devotion to Sri Bhagavan's Teachings.

I wish to briefly share my perspective.coming to our friend Arvind(I am Referring to the other Blog) and his obsession with egg-we need to see the motive behind that.He writes:

On one occasion He said: “If you cannot give up this habit you need not come here.”
The lines were a hammer blow for me. Even though Bhagavan was speaking in the context of ganja consumption, I felt that, nay, immediately knew with complete conviction, that He was directly telling me to give up every drop of alcohol, and even my favourite Black Forest pastries which had eggs in them. The tamasik and rajasik items had to go, wholly and completely. Or else He would not accept me as His sishya and I need not come to Him.

This sort of Obsession comes from spiritual earnestness;the earnestness to not just comply with the words of the Guru but to be fully compliant with the 'unstated' part of the teaching as well.An Earnest aspirant will stretch himself to tune himself towards this.Sri Bhagavan has categorically been clear that only Vegetarian food should be taken.He may have allowed devotees time to bring about the change;it is not in his Nature,to even 'suggest' to someone 'do this' ,unless that someone of his own volition asks for such a Guidance.
This Nature of Sri Bhagavan ,beautiful and wonderful as it is and quite unique,truly puts the onus on the disciple or devotee towards fully being aware and awakened to the Truth that the Guru is pointing out.The onus is on the Disciple to see that his inner and outer living conforms to the Spirit of the teaching and to make the necessary adjustments in both as necessary.This is a tremendous responsibility.The student or disciple is expected to do his 'Homework' although no such 'Homework' is Given explicitly.

I will illustrate this by a story in the life of EchchammaL(I think it is EchchammaL).Once she felt like doing a one Lakh(100,000)Bilwa Leaf Archana chanting Om Namo Ramanaya -she went and told Sri Bhagavan about it,before embarking on this Practice.Sri Bhagavan simply said -'Hoom,Hoom'-This means that He has 'Heard' her!She took it as if he has Granted her permission and went about her job.She went about plucking the leaves from the available trees in the neighbourhood and doing the Archana with that.Yet,she soon found that Leaves are in short supply!She went to Sri Bhagavan and told him that she is unable to continue the Archana(Pooja)as Bilwa leaves are in short supply and asked him to suggest a way out.
Sri Bhagavan then told her-'Just pinch yourself and then Say your Japa;you may substitute such 'pinches' as Bilwa Leaves'.ExchammaL said:'Baghavan,it will pain me if I keep pinching'.
Sri Bhagavan then told her:'So it will to the plant if you pluck leaves from it'.
EchammaL then told Sri Bhagavan:'I informed Sri Bhagavan before embarking on this event;Sri Bhagavan did not say anything then'.
Sri Bhagavan then told her 'Should anyone point out that plucking Leaves from a Plant will injure the Plant'!!!

This is typical of Sri Bhagavan;He expects everyone to be utterly sensitive and aware and rise to the occassion.He does not 'spoon feed'.He does not 'Tutor'.He only throws 'hints'.The Onus is on the aspirant.He has to rise to the required level.This does not mean -'I can do the way I wish'.The aspirant has to constantly be doing the 'Homework' and everyday come up with something better than what he has been doing in the yester years.This Very spirit or 'Obsession' is Earnestness.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: September 04, 2013, 07:28:17 AM »
Friends,
Time and again I have encountered the Refrain that Devotees latch onto:'Self-enquiry is enough;all the things to be dropped ,all the adjustments that need to be made will come about.No need to force the changes'.
The true question that needs to be asked by everyone is:Is such a Thing happening?
The usual answer to this is that 'Yes,it is happening.I can see this in Many of my habits',etc.This will be further qualified by 'Yes,Gradually it is happening'.
The question that an Earnest aspirant has to ask is :Have I dropped what is to be dropped in Toto?Each one has to ask this question and answer it for himself.

An excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna comes to my mind here:

"A certain woman said to her husband: 'So-and-so has developed a spirit of great dispassion for the world, but I don't see anything of the sort in you. He has sixteen wives. He is giving them up one by one.' The husband, with a towel in his shoulder, was going to the lake for his bath. He said to his wife: 'You are crazy! He won't be able to give up the world. Is it ever possible to renounce bit by bit? I can renounce. Look! Here I go.' He didn't stop even to settle his household affairs. He left home just as he was, the towel on his shoulder, and went away. That is intense renunciation."

An earnest aspirant will be looking up to this sort of a Renunciation and will not be saying:'No need to 'force' things.Enough if through our spiritual Practice,the needed change will be brought about ,and whatever needs will be given up is given up'.
He would be 'Proactive' and this is the extra dimension that he will bring to the spiritual Practise-and this is what our friend Nagaraj has been pointing out.
Full marks to him. :)

I always enjoy our friend Anilbai's writings here.They are totally devoted to Sri Bhagavan and his teachings,at the same time devoid of any mixture of Dogmatism and Idolatry.This is the spirit of Sri bhagavan's teachings-to be fully commited and yet be all embracing.

Namaskar.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:50:48 AM by Ravi.N »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: September 04, 2013, 08:12:39 AM »
Nagaraj/Friends,
Just wish to draw attention to Girish Gosh Story-This is perfectly in line with what I have posted-Implications of Self-enquiry or self surrender are far Reaching as Nagaraj has wonderfully pointed.Whhat meets the eye is only the tail and the whole Body is Implicit.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: September 04, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »
Dear Sri Anil ji, Sri cefnbrithdir and Friends,

my expressions here are merely a reflections and in no way aspire to in trying to convince you or in any manner forces the reader to take it. If Bhagavan has placed us here in this forum, then it is a place for exchanging our reflections that we may benefit in our personal journeys. Therefore, it is His will that he makes either of us, each one of us, express ourselves and so that each may take the fruits to our hearts content. These expressions do not even spire to prove or define what Bhagavan actually said and meant and how they really are to be understood and son on, seeing even deeply, as i have kept saying since long, each one, only communicates with ones own self, therefore, there is really no comunication possible between as there is only the Self in deep sense, yet, this continues, what may we call this? no better to use than to term it as a leela of 'That' because, in perfect sense, there is no dearth of knowledge for Self, as Self is ever full, ever shining, yet, the Self wills a seeming imperfection, nothing need be done, yet the Self wills something need be done!

Om Sri Ram
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: September 04, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »
d: Today I have decided to renounce.

cguru: Excellent.

d: Oh, I spoke fast and jumbled my words. I meant "re-announce", not "renounce". Today I have decided to re-announce.

cguru: What?

d: My decision to renounce.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: September 05, 2013, 07:28:13 AM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji, Dear Sri Ravi and Dear Sri silentgreen,

Thanks very much for your response and beautiful post which contain wonderful insights and suggestion regarding sadhana.

I have got a very little time right now, but I saw your posts and felt a need from within to respond, albeit briefly. 
Dear devotees, we all are His children and It is His Grace that has enabled us all to gather at His Lotus Feet and I feel deeply that everyone of us is going there where His Grace is taking us. I also believe that everyone’s path will be unique for everyone is unique in divine plan and purpose. But nevertheless, there is no doubt that true Path for everyone is INWARD, INWARD IS THE PATH FOR EVERYONE. 

Dear devotees, as I said in my first post in this forum, I at once became aware of Sri Bhagwan spontaneously as Guru Tattva abiding within my heart even though I had been aware faintly of His Name till then. And simultaneously I became aware of my limitation with existential doubt and state of non-enquiry. The next momentous and cataclysmic thing that happened was I wanted to know and I FELT DEEPLY CPMPELLED TO ASK, “WHO AM I?” The very first investigation way back in 2005 culminated in an experience which is well-nigh impossible for me to describe. I tried to express naively my experience and understanding even in my first post in the forum in the thread ‘Self-attention’ under ‘General Section’. I remember some of you even derided and made joke of my expression. However I did not mind at all, but nevertheless felt I have committed a mistake to commit to describe what I should not have in an open forum.

Dear devotees, since then there is no looking back and I do not care.  I do not wish to say anything more besides what I have already said. However, I wish to add that I am always directed within to the Lotus Feet which says to me “I AM THAT I AM, BUT WHO ARE YOU?” What can I do? I feel that I am in Tiger’s Jaw. I see Sri Bhagwan in all Gurus. I see Sri Bhagwan in Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Jnana Deva, I Sri Kabir and In even Lord Sri Krishna and Lord Sri Rama.  I may be doing whatever, but my attention is never wavering and is always directed to His Lotus Feet even amidst intense activities. THEREFORE, DEAR DEVOTEES, WHAT ELSE SHOULD I SEE AND TALK (If I should talk at all) OTHER THAN THE LOTUS FEET AND THE PATH OF ATMA-VICHARA HE ENJOINED?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: September 05, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »
Dear Devotees,

On Sri Muruganar’s Liberation Day, I wish to post following Verses from His Magnum Opus, Guru Vachaka Kovai:

Even though the body, a fleshy lump of filth, is cleansed again and again through many cleaning practices, it repeatedly generates filth through the nine orifices. On noticing this you should develop disgust for the body and completely abandon attachment to it. It is for this purpose alone [developing disgust and abandoning attachment] that the scriptures emphasize bodily purity.
V. 680, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

The ‘greatness’ of those who claim that they are trying to know themselves, whilst at the same time remaining excessively attached to the body, is that of an ignoramus who, believing a crocodile to be log, grabs it as a raft to cross a river.
V. 125, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan expresses the same truth thus:

Bhagwan 1: “Completely abandon the idea that the DIGUSTING BODY is ‘I’. Realise the Self that is unceasing and ever-present bliss. To think of knowing the Self while cherishing the body, which is bound for destruction, is like seizing a crocodile as a raft to cross a river.
GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

“Let attachment to the physical body end, O Arunachala, and let me see and be for ever the splendour of your being.”
V 75, Aksharamanamalai

D:  Master! What is the means to gain the state of eternal bliss, ever devoid of misery?
Sri Bhagwan : Apart from the statement in the Vedas   THAT  WHEREVER  THERE  IS   A  BODY  THERE  IS  MISERY, this is also the direct experience of all people; therefore, one should enquire into one’s true nature which is ever bodiless, and one should remain as such. This is also the means to gaining that state.
Vichara Sangraham

Dear devotees, SRI  BAHWWAN  HAS  TAUGHT  BEYOND  AN  IOTA  OF  DOUBT  WHATEVER  THAT  MIND  IS  NOTHING  BUT  ONLY  THE  IDENTITY  OF  THE  SELF  WITH  THE  BODY.  THE  IDENTITY  AS  WELL  AS  THE  CONCOMITTANT  OBJECTIVITY    ARE  THE   FALSITY.   IF   THIS  FALSITY  GOES  THE  PERSISTENCE  OF  THE   REALITY  BECOMES  APPARENT.  Why is this body identity in the first place?

Sri Bhagwan has taught that the body identity is due to extroversion and the wandering of the mind. To continue in that state will only keep one in an endless tangle and there will be no peace.

THEREFORE:
“SEEK ING  OUR  SOURCE,  MERGING  IN  THE  SELF  AND  REMAINING  ALL  ALONE”   IS   THE  ONE  INFALLIBLE   SADHANA  TAUGHT  BY  SRI  BHAGWAN.   INWARD,   INWARD   IS  THE  WAY  TO  ATMA-SWARUPA  FOR  EVERY  ONE  OF  US.   

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: September 05, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »
Sri Bhagwan :

“‘The Doctrines that declares ‘duality during the search and non-duality on attainment’ is not correct. Who else but the ‘Tenth Man’ is one while anxiously searching for the Self and after attaining it.”

Pranam,
   Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: September 05, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Muruganar, the Divine Poet of the Divine Court of Sri Bhagwan sang:
(On the occasion of Sri Muruganar’s Liberation Day):

Like a cataract upon the eye, the ego-view plays tricks on us, masquerading as being-consciousness even as it moves about as the insentient body. To prevent its formation and growth is puja to the graceful twin Lotus Feet of the Guru who exists and shines as the transcendental firmament.
V. 320, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

To destroy the form of the mind, enquire into the ego, the delusion, and enter the Heart. Only this is the puja to the Lotus Feet of the Guru’s holy form, He who abides in the mauna that is beyond the mind. 
V. 319, GVK, Edited by D. Godman

Padamalai:
Padam ended my attachment to the body:
Padam gave me this knowledge: “The tormenting bondage is only body-consciousness. It is not the body itself.”

Padam, whose swarupa is intense Jnana, destroyed my body consciousness, ensuring the elimination of all my karma.

Padam, my own true form, taught me to investigate and know the truth, preventing my soul’s purity from being defiled by the filthy body.

Padamalai:
Padam, my Guru:

If form truly exists for the Lord, I took that from to be the form of the Guru, making it the focus of my attention.

Coming in the form of the Guru and infusing the beautiful light of Grace, Golden Padam [Sri Bhagwan] revealed the grandeur of Divine Padam [the Self] in my Heart.
Padam led me to reflect upon and realise as the Jnana-Guru the truth of the Self, so that I, a faithful follower, did not fall into confusion.

Pranam,
  Anil     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »
                         THRICE   MARVELLOUS   MASTER

SRI  RAMANA

Eternity has worn a human face
                    Concentrated to a little human span;
                     Lo, the Immortal has become a man,
                     A Self-realised thing in time and space.

Upon a narrow couch you see Him sit,
                     Vision of tenderness and Grace and calm;
                     Upon the finite compass of His palm
                     He holds the secrets of the infinite.

Behind our loneliness He is the speech
                    Shedding rare Wisdom; and, beyond our guess,
                    Behind our speech, He is loneliness
                    Sensed but in glimpses, far beyond our reach.

Thrice marvellous pure Master on the height,
                Towards Whom we dumbly yearn, each one apart,
                   Striving to hold Thy image in the heart,
                O cleave our darkness with your searching light!

The light which knows our subterfuges, knows
              The glooms encircling us, the mournful ways
              On which we walk. O Silent Master! Raise
              Our footfalls unto summit of repose.

We are all tired since we are un-attuned
            To the unfaltering Stillness which You are:
            Our feet are bleeding and goal is far;
          Have mercy, Lord! And heal us wound by wound.

Sri Harindranath Chattopadhyaya

Pranm,
 Anil