Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 759037 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3135 on: June 14, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewel:
“Thats why the belief I Am the Self,seems to be completely false on one hand,and completely true on other hand... I,like Jewel,the person,cannot say either.”

Dear Sri Jewel,

Yes. That is a beautiful insight. Sri Bhagwan taught that true ‘I’ was the Self. ‘I am’ is the Self. But the rising, falling and disappearing ‘I’ is not the Self, it is the ego, which though is unreal, it is not apart from the Self. The Sacred Text, the Vedanta, also declares, ”I am Brahman or you are That”. Nevertheless, Sri Bhagwan taught to be the True ‘I’, to remain as the Self or the Brahman, and not to go on thinking that ‘I am the Self, or I am Brahman.”

Dear friend, Sri Jewel, creatures cannot know or realize the Self. Knowing and realizing means being the Self, being the True ‘I’. Knowing is being. And mere being is alone remaining as the Self. However, in the Pure Being, or in the Self, which is Pure Consciousness, ignorance does not exist and therefore there is no other, there is no name and form, there is no Jewel or Anil, and there is no ego brandishing individuality. In short, there in not even the least differentiation in the Reality. These are mere concepts or thoughts or mere imagination and these insentient concepts, thoughts and imagination cannot realize the Self which is Pure Sentience or Pure Intelligence. Therefore, the ego and its intellect, after continuous practice, must reach the conclusion that it is enabled by the Self alone to function and that it cannot realize the Supreme Self. Thus realizing its inability to reach the Goal, it must annihilate itself or disappear or merge in the Self. STARTINNG TO ATTEND THE SELF IS VERILY THE DIFINITIVE PRELIMINARY STEP IN THAT DIRECTION FOR THE EGO TO SUBSEQUENTLY GET REDUCED TO NOTHINGNESS, CULMINATING IN SELF-AWARENESS. Self-attention, or attending to the first person is equal to committing suicide, so far as the ego is concerned. 

Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewel.
Pranam,
  Anil

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #3136 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »
Dear Sri Anil, yes, this is exactly so. I think like you and Jewell. The pure "I" is nothing and everything at the same time. Why so? Because to be "thing" it must be an object and it is not, so it is no-thing. But it is everything also because there is nothing which is different from the Self, no matter that it seems to be so.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: June 14, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

There is no knowledge without ignorance; and without knowledge ignorance cannot be. To ask, ‘Whose is this knowledge? Whose this ignorance?’ and thus to know the Primal Self, THIS ALONE IS KNOWLEDGE.
V. 10, Ulladu Narpadu

Beautiful words from Bhagavan. That is ecsactly what i ment.

Like You said,existence cannot be veiled completely,otherwise it would be impossible to realise the Self. Indeed,it is the body identification which brought this separate ego existence. And it is very persistent thought. I was just thinking about it last night. After investigation and Self  enquiry,well,not after,but wille we are doing it,we come to many insights,revelations,etc. But in my case,it could never stay permanent realisation of some particoular aspect,but it always get forgothen,and after some time it looks like i am on the very begining. It always leaves me empthy handed. Not everything is the same,sure,but again,there is no some conclusion which could say. Then i realised,it is obvious why is like that. That recognition never belonged to this ego self,mind and memory,but to Real Self. Self,which is ever fresh and new,memory doasnt belong to it. It is timeless NOW,and any other knowledge which belongs to past,and with it to memory,is therefore false,incomplete,and obscure. Real recognition is always in the now,and there is no need for memory to retain it. That is the real meaning of the Sage's messages that we must leave the mind alone,not depending on it a bit. Which is indeed very scary. At least for the mind.

It is truly interesting to notice that this ego have all sorts of ways to survive. To me,even this little i learned is only obstacle. Mind knows so many thing regarding spirituality,that it is always prepared how to act. And in this subtle way,it hide itself. Also,i noticed that so far,i always chosed what to read,and what not,which is also mind play,to avoid and confront itself.

And its so obvious that it must die. It is the only way,to let go,which is little contradictory with this spirituality interest,coz his aim was happy everlasting life. I always feel its resistance,when i think about such things. Like some foreign thing is in my chests.

Finaly,like You have beautifuly said,only remedy indeed is self investigation and Self Attention. The best possible way to get rid of this truly annoying feeling of separate existencw,of I. We must drop this body clinging,and notion of doership,coz so long i claim all this happenings and things i have said,to this ego,i am accepting its doership in a way. Which is first error i guess.
Then we have,on on side inability to think I Am the Self,and on other,to think I Am ego only,coz we are admiting its existence and doership. Anyway,both are not correct,and what stays is only to Abide as the Self,like Bhagavan said- Just Be.

Thank You so much,my dear friend,Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: June 14, 2013, 06:07:55 PM »
Dear Hari,

Yes,true. The Self cannot be nothing in particular coz it is not an object,and yet it is everything coz it pervades and creates everything. It is a pure potencial,fullness,yet nothing on which we can point to. Something which makes all the things possible,yet it cannot be the object of observation in any way,coz the it is observation itself. Thats way there is no possible way of any I there,it simply cannot be. It simply Is,That. And it can be called I,only coz there is nothing appart from it,and it is our very nature.

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: June 14, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »
As for ourselves,
We possess neither knowledge nor ignorance.
Our Guru has awakened us
To our true Identity.

If we attempt to see our own state,
That seeing itself becomes ashamed.
What, then, should we do?

Fortunately,
Our Guru has made us so vast
That we cannot be contained
Within ourselves.

The word that can describe our state
Has not yet been uttered.
The eyes that can see us
Do not exist.

The wonder is that we are
Neither concealed nor manifest.
Ah! How amazing it is
That we even exist!

And can there be any talk of knowledge
Where ignorance cannot gain entrance.
When night falls,

We light the lamps;
But what is the use of such efforts
When the Sun is here?

Likewise,
When there is no ignorance,
Knowledge also disappears;
Both of them have gone.

Actually,
Knowledge and ignorance are destroyed
In the process of discerning their meaning.

Both the husband
And the wife lose their lives
When each cuts off the other’s head.

Knowledge turns into ignorance,
And ignorance is dispelled by knowledge;
Each is cancelled by the other.

Thus, he who knows does not know,
And even he who does not know, knows.
Where, then,
Could knowledge and ignorance dwell?

Since the Sun of Self-realization
Has arisen in the sky of pure Consciousness,
It has swallowed up
Both the day of knowledge
And the night of ignorance.
Sage Sri Jnaneshvar

Dear devotees, yes, the Guru awakens us to our True Identity and makes us aware of our Core, the Centre, the Heart, from where all thoughts including the ‘I’-thought arise and where all thoughts subside. The Guru reveals that the Heart is not merely the Centre but the Self, the True ‘I’, the Atma-Swarupam.  And when by His Grace, the Sun of Self-realization rises in the Pure Space of Consciousness, the ignorance is found to be non-existent and when there is no ignorance knowledge also disappears. And that is the end of day and night as well as day of knowledge and night of ignorance.

Anil

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: June 14, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

How wonderful words of wisdom! It seems like answer on my last post i wrote to You,at least,on my thoughts on this subject:knowledge-ignorance.

Truly beautiful!

Thank You Very much,dear friend!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: June 15, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
Even if one incessantly thinks ‘I, I’, it will lead to that place (our true state, Self).
Who Am I?

D. I am aware of the ‘I’. Yet my troubles are not ended.
Sri Bhagwan : This ‘I’-thought is not pure. It is contaminated with the association of the body and senses. See to who this trouble is. It is to  the ‘I’-thought. Hold it. Then the other thoughts vanish.
D. Yes. How to do it?
Sri Bhagwan : Think ‘I’ ‘I’ ‘I’ and hold to that one thought to the exclusion of all others.
Talk—266

Worthy japa can be classified into two categories, namely Jnana Japa and Bhakti Japa. ‘I,I’ (or ‘I am’ or ‘I am is I am’ is Jnana Japa, and Nama-Japa (that is, repetition of the Name of God even once) with love is Bhakti Japa. One who does Janan Japa tries to know the true import of the word ‘I’, while one who does Bhakti Japa melts into Love.
Sri Sadhu Om

Dear Devotees,

Sri sadhu Om clarifies that in the meditation such as ‘I am Brahman’ the first person feeling roused by the words ‘I am’ is at once disturbed by the word ‘Brahman’ and diverted into a second or third person feeling. Solely to avoid this trouble, in His work ‘Who am I?’ Sri Bhagwan has said, ‘Even if one incessantly thinks ‘I, I’, it will lead to that place, (the state of Brahman).

Thus Sri Bhagwan taught that if one found the Enquiry method which consisted in turning one’s attention within and trying to find out wherefrom the ‘I’ arose, one might simply go on repeating ‘I’, ‘I’, as if it were a mantram, like the Names of God, such as Sri Krishna or Sri Rama which people use in their Japa. The idea, as in case of the Bhakti Japa, is to concentrate on one thought, that is, feeling ‘I’, to the exclusion of all other thoughts.  And as Sri Bhagwan has taught, when the Japa becomes mental and internal, eventually the thought of ‘I’ will die or disappear and One Eternal Reality ‘I-I’ shine forth spontaneously and  THEN IT IS FOUND THAT THE AJAPA OR THE UNSPOKEN CHANT ‘I-I’  IS GOING ON WITHOUT OUR EFFORT. This is the Realisation, Sri Bhagwan speaks of.

As in the case of Bhakti Japa, so in the case of Jnana Japa, IT WILL NOT BE OF ANY USE IF ONE SIMPLY REPEATS  ‘I’, ‘I’ MECHANICLLY.  We should also remember here that Sri Bhagwan has taught that ‘I’ is the greatest name of God. Therefore, while we go on repeating ‘I’, ‘I’, we are not supposed to be thinking about crowds in the market-place or gossip in the office, but thinking about ‘I’ or a God who we choose to call by ‘I’. So, if one can do nothing more, at least one can continue saying ‘I’, ‘I’ to oneself mentally all  the time, whatever work one may be doing and whether one is sitting, standing, walking or eating or grieving or enjoying. ‘I’ is the name of God, and even Om is second to it. Sri Bhagwan has assured that that there is no harm in using ‘I’ as a Mantram, for ‘I’ is the first Name of God.

Sri Bhagwan: Now you consider you are making an effort and UTTERING ‘I’, ‘I’ OR OTHER MANTRAMS and making meditation. But when you reach the final stage, meditation will go on without any effort on your part. You cannot get away from it or stop it, for meditation , japa, or whatever else you call it , is your real nature.

Thanks very much.
   Pranam,
     Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:59 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewel:
“Then i realised, is obvious why is like that. That recognition never belonged to this ego self, mind and memory, but to Real Self. Self, which is ever fresh and new, memory doasnt  belong to it. It is timeless NOW, and any other knowledge which belongs to past, and with it to memory, is therefore false, incomplete, and obscure. Real recognition is always in the now, and there is no need for memory to retain it. That is the real meaning of the Sage's messages that we must leave the mind alone, not depending on it a bit. Which is indeed very scary. At least for the mind.”

Dear Sri Jewel,

Yes.  This is a brilliant insight regarding timeless ‘Now’. Sri Bhagwan taught that the past and future could exist only with reference to the present. Past and future, while occurring, were and will be, respectively, the present only. So, among the three times, present alone exists. However, if the present is scrutinized minutely, we will certainly find that nothing can be found as the exact present. It follows that there is no time and there is no place. Only if we continue to mistake and identify ourselves with the body and mind, only then we get involved in time and place. We are One— now, then and ever, and here, there and everywhere. WE, THE TIMELESS AND SPACELESS SELF, ALONE ARE.   
Therefore, dear friend, Sri Jewel, you have expressed it so beautifully.  True Recognition cannot happen in the past nor some time in future, but only in the ‘Eternal Now’.  Yes, memory belongs to the past and therefore pertains to the mind. And such knowledge is sure to be false, incomplete and obscure. Such knowledge is the counterpart of the ignorance. Whose is the Knowledge? Since there is no time, space, knowledge and ignorance in the Self, Recognition and Realization can happen only if we transcend them. THAT IS THE TIMELESS AND ETERNAL ‘NOW’ WHICH IS AT ONCE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPEREINCE.

Quote from Sri Jewel:
“I was just thinking about it last night. After investigation and Self enquiry, well, not after, but while we are doing it, we come to many insights, revelations, etc. But in my case, it could never stay permanent realisation of some particular aspect, but it always get forgotten, and after some time it looks like i am on the very beginning. It always leaves me empty handed. Not everything is the same, sure, but again, there is no some conclusion which could say.”

Dear friend, Sri Jewel, regarding what you have written in the above paragraph, I do not wish to say much except the fact that when the Self-attention is intense and while the ‘I’-consciousness, scattered in different parts of the body, is withdrawing through the Sushumna, a seeker may have supernatural experiences located in the six Yogic Centres on the way, or may reach the Heart even without having any experience whatever. Those who have such experiences may see divine visions, hear divine sound, etc.  Therefore, during sadhana, if we are having such visions and experiences, it is obvious that they can come only due to non-vigilance in Self-attention.  Sri Bhagwan taught that in such cases one should push the Enquiry deeper and ask, ‘To whom these visions and experiences?’, for these visions and experiences are for one who see and experience them. They are second and third person attention and therefore a clear indication THAT SELF-ATTENTION HAS BEEN LOST. If we give no room to non-vigilance and non-attention, these objective experiences will never occur.

Thanks very much, dear friend Sri Jewel.
Pranam,
  Anil     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: June 15, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
Quote from Sri Hari:
“The pure "I" is nothing and everything at the same time. Why so? Because to be "thing" it must be an object and it is not, so it is no-thing. But it is everything also because there is nothing which is different from the Self, no matter that it seems to be so.”

Dear Sri Hari,

Yes. This is a nice post. ‘Self is not a thing’ implies that the Self is everything. That is indeed beautiful. There is only the Self, the Radiant Being. It is only the Pure Radiant Being Who rises as the Ego in the dim light. Therefore, even the ego is not apart from the Self. This is why it can neither be created nor destroyed by itself. Sri Bhagwan taught that it functioned as an instrument of the Self and periodically ceased to function. So, ego comes up holding only the Self. We are the Self. Therefore, Sri Bhagwan taught to hold ourselves. That is akin to hold our head to catch the head of the shadow. Otherwise, there is no means to hold the head of the Shadow. Is there ? Hence, if we hold ourselves, the shadowy and phantom like ego, being unreal and non-existent, will disappear.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Hari.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: June 15, 2013, 07:14:04 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

Thank You for answering me in such a beautiful way,like always.

Just to explane myself,i didnt ment on visions and that kind of things,but on realisation of something,some particular question we ask ourselves,or want to know about Reality,something we ponder over and then an answer come,insight. I ment on those kind of things. What ever i realise,or grasp,after some time,i cannot even remember what it was. That showed me that all knowledhe we can have is useles,coz it belongs to mind. The true knowledge is our very nature,and we can grasp it only intuitevly,and it is only in the NOW. Like,it was necessary to know that at that moment,and there is no need to have that knowledge except when is needed. It is ever fresh and new. And that means leaving the mind aside,and live a headless life,without its support. That knowledge is still inside me,but i cannot explane it anymore,or bring it back tomemory like some usual thing,it is there only intuitievly.

I hope i explaned well now. :)

Thank You,dear friend!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: June 15, 2013, 09:02:53 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewel:
“What ever i realise, or grasp, after some time, i cannot even remember what it was. That showed me that all knowledge we can have is useless, coz it belongs to mind. The true knowledge is our very nature, and we can grasp it only intuitively, and it is only in the NOW.”

Dear Sri Jewel,

Yes, I understand what you mean, rather intuitively, and therefore, your expression, in my view, is adequate.  Non-dual Knowledge and Insight is always intuitive and Intuition rises only when intellect merges, albeit, temporarily during the stage of sadhana. This is the Experience in which the experiencer and the experienced merge together and at once Knowledge or Recognition, as you said, dawns, that is, rises from the innermost Core of our Being.  Yes, it is not possible to recollect and describe the experience in which there in no experiencer, a non-dual  Knowledge in which there is no knower (subject) and nothing to be known (the object). Such Knowledge and Insight , in my view, are gained even during sadhana while the seeker is able to maintain intense Self-attention   with one-pointed concentration, for  sufficient duration.  But having said this dear friend, I feel that our real Goal is nothing less than reaching the Heart, merging into It and realizing the Self, the Atma-Swarupa. Therefore, our Self-attention should not be lost at any cost, whole day long, as far as possible, in general , and during sadhana in particular, till the very end, experience and insight gained on the way notwithstanding.

Dear friend, Sri Jewel, yes, Pure Consciousness  or True Knowledge is our very nature, and we can grasp it only intuitively, and it is only in the NOW. This is a beautiful line indeed which contains great wisdom. Yes, state of mere being is in the Eternal Now.

Thanks very much, dear friend.
Pranam,
  Anil

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: June 15, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »
" It is only the Pure Radiant Being who rises as the Ego in the dim light. Therefore even the ego is not apart from the Self.....  Hence , if we hold ourselves, the shadowy and phantom like ego, being unreal and non - existent, will disappear "

Dear Anil

The Self underpins everything but surely only everything that is real. If the ego is unreal and non existent then to speak of it not being apart from the Self - with the implication of gaining the Self's "legitimacy" - is confusing.

Are we talking about the problem of where to put the focus in terms of teaching ? Much is spoken of the jiva and what is necessary for the jiva but the jiva ultimately doesn't exist  and any thought about this concept has to be dismissed. That is itself a form of Self Inquiry. Isn't this also true of whatever "I" we are talking about.

I was struck by your final sentence of your post a couple of days ago -                    "Sri Bhagwan: That Which is does not even say "I am", "

Self Inquiry gets rid of so much "baggage" compared to other teaching but could it be that  ultimately it is perhaps not so much  "enough" but "too much " ! 
 Nothing that we think about, conceive, imagine, experience is real. So give none of these things houseroom.  Just BE.
This would seem to be  even more direct teaching from Bhagavan  than "Self Inquiry"

Thank you for being- here.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: June 16, 2013, 09:21:35 AM »
Quote from Sri cefnbrithdir”
“The Self underpins everything but surely only everything that is real. If the ego is unreal and non existent then to speak of it not being apart from the Self - with the implication of gaining the Self's "legitimacy" - is confusing.

Are we talking about the problem of where to put the focus in terms of teaching ? Much is spoken of the jiva and what is necessary for the jiva but the jiva ultimately doesn't exist and any thought about this concept has to be dismissed. That is itself a form of Self Inquiry. Isn't this also true of whatever "I" we are talking about.

I was struck by your final sentence of your post a couple of days ago - "Sri Bhagwan: That Which is does not even say "I am", "

Self Inquiry gets rid of so much "baggage" compared to other teaching but could it be that ultimately it is perhaps not so much "enough" but "too much " !
Nothing that we think about, conceive, imagine, experience is real. So give none of these things houseroom. Just BE.
This would seem to be even more direct teaching from Bhagavan than "Self Inquiry"”

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir,

Yours is a very profound question and your doubt and confusion are natural when you advance in the Sadhana of the Atma-Vichara. However, they must be cleared by right understanding and by pushing the mind deeper in search of its Source.

Dear friend, when I wrote that the ego was not apart from the Self, I didn’t really mean to unjustifiably confer it any semblance of legitimacy or reality. We must understand that the Reality is ever One without a second, YET by its wondrous power it gets reflected on the tiny dot, that is, the ego-‘I’. What is this tiny dot, otherwise called ego-‘I’? It consists of latent tendencies, accumulated in numerous past births. THIS REFLECTED LIGHT IS THE RELATIVE KNOWLEDGE. The ‘seer’ or the ‘subject’ or the ego rising, it expands itself as the seen , the object or the inner organs.
Therefore, the Self is ever unchanging, unbroken ‘I-I’, where as the ego is the mere reflection of the Self, ever changing, rising and falling, appearing and disappearing, and broken ‘I’-thought. If we see to who they arise, then we transcend them.

Thus, the ego is not apart from the Self in the same way as our shadows are not apart from us. But are we merely the reflected shadow? No, we are the Self. Unbroken ’I-I’ is the Self. ‘I am this’ or ‘I am that’ is the ego. The ego is transitory. Shining is always there, though dim in the case of the ego (since it is ffeble mental light or only the reflected light of the Consciousness). Therefore, if one abides as the ‘I’ alone, it is the Self, but when it flies at a tangent and says ‘this’, it is the ego.  So, we see that the Reality is only One and that is the Self. ALL THE REST INCLUDING THE EGO IS MERE PHENOMENA IN IT, OF IT AND BY IT.  WE ARE NOT THE PHENOMENA, WE ARE THE SELF. Therefore, if we hold ourselves, phenomena disappear, or we may say that we transcend them. We must hold something real to ascertain the unreal nature of the phenomena. We must hold That which remains unchanging to ascertain the changing nature of the phenomena called the ego-mind. Sri Bhagwan, out of great compassion, gave even an infallible method, that is, Self-attention or the Self-enquiry, to break free from the imaginary identification with non-Self and phenomena and realize our True Self or the Atma-swarupa.

Dear cefnbrithir, hence, it is obvious where our focus should be. Yes, the Essence of Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching is “Just Be”. Sri Bhagwan taught that our duty was just to be, to remain as the Self, or true ‘I’ and not to fly at a tangent and say ‘I am this’ or ‘I am that’.  SEEKING THE SOURCE, PUSHING CONTINUALLY DEEPER AND DEEPER WITHIN, AND UPON REACHING THE HEART AND MERGING INTO IT, REMAINING OR ABIDING AS THE REAL ’I’, OR THE SELF, OR THE ATMA-SWARUPA, WITHOUT SWERVING, ALLOWING NO ROOM IN THE LEAST FOR THE RISE OF THOUGHT, NOT EVEN THE ‘I’-THOUGHT, IS THE WAY AS WELL AS THE GOAL.

“I give heat, and I send forth as well as withhold rain. I am, O Arjuna! Both immortality and death, BOTH BEING AND NON-BEING (I am both Sat and asat).”
V. 9-19, Srimad Bhagavad Gita

Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri cefnbrithir.
Pranam,
  Anil         

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »
The child who is decked with prince's robes and who has jewelled chains round his neck loses all pleasure in his play; his dress hampers him at every step.
In fear that it may be frayed, or stained with dust he keeps himself from the world, and is afraid even to move.
Mother, it is no gain, thy bondage of finery, if it keeps one shut off from the healthful dust of the earth, if it rob one of the right of entrance to the great fair of common human life.

Poem-8, Gitanjali, Sri Rabindranath Tagore

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: June 17, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
Quote from Sri cefnbrithir:
“Much is spoken of the jiva and what is necessary for the jiva but the jiva ultimately doesn't exist and any thought about this concept has to be dismissed. That is itself a form of Self Inquiry.”

Dear Sri cefnbrithir,

The ‘seer’ or the ‘subject’ or the ego rising, it expands itself as the seen, the object or the inner organs. So, indeed there are no objects. Objects in the pure physical space correspond to the thoughts in the mental space. So, the pure physical space ‘akasa’ is the counterpart of the mind and objects are of the thoughts.

But, yes, there are no objects. There is only the Self. So, how can thoughts function? In the Self, there are no thoughts and therefore there are no objects. This is why Sri Bhagwan taught that in the present state it appeared difficult to quell the thoughts but in the Regenerate State it would be found more difficult to call in thoughts. What I mean to say is that the objects cannot arise without the subject. All else is arising only because the subject or the ego is arising. Hence the Bramavakya : KNOW THE SUBJECT FIRST. It follows that we see the objects on forgetting our own Self. If we keep hold of our own Self, we will not see the objective world. So, objects do not exist without the seer or without the ‘I’-thought. They exist because of the seer cognizing them.

Dear friend, Sri cefnbrithir, waking and dream states are the products of the mind. And the mind is withdrawn in sleep and therefore there is no appearance of the world and objects in sleep. On waking, ego-mind springs forth, identifies with the body and sees the world and objects and is confounded too. So the world is a MENATL CREATION.

Sri Bhagwan has taught that a seeker of Truth should regard this world as a dream and its objects and creatures as dream objects and dream creatures. So, yes, regarding the world and its objects and jivas as dream, and dismissing them, are a great help to a seeker of Truth, particularly for those who are following the path of Enquiry. But this, in itself, is not the Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan.  In Verse 30 of the Ulladu Narpadu, Sri Bhagwan revealed Direct Path and enjoined it thus:
“When the mind reaches the Heart by enquiring within ‘Who am I?’, he. ‘I’ (the ego), falling down abashed, the One (the Reality) appears spontaneously as ‘I-I’. “
And upon reaching the Heart, merging into the Heart, and remaining as the Heart, is the culminating phase of the enquiry, for, Sri Bhagwan taught that the Heart is another Name for the Self or the Brahman.

Dear friend, there is no difference between the dream and waking states from the stand-point of the Reality. This waking state is only a long drawn out dream.

And what about the efforts that we are making to get rid of this dream of the waking state? Sri Bhagwan says that our perception that we have to make an effort to get rid of this dream of the waking state and our efforts to attain Jnana or real awakening ARE ALL PARTS OF THE ON-GOING DREAM. Sri Bhagwan says that when we attain Jnana we will see their was neither the dream during the sleep, nor the waking state, BUT ONLY OURSELVES AND OUR REAL STATE, just as when a person awakens from the dream, while he was sleeping, he finds that he alone is real and all the dream events and dream objects unreal.

Thanks very much, dear Sri cefnbrithir.
Pranam,
   Anil